I hate George Bush: - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #36
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
Man guess what, separation of church and state was an idea of thosewho founded our country. How does that have anything to do with medicine?
The church does not control the state and the state does not control the church.

It is seperated.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-19-2006, 04:04 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You don't see much flaw in science? Everyday flaws are found. Drugs are found to have effects that scientists never saw once they were used by Humans. Science has been flawed since people started experiementing with this world.

"The Earth is flat"
"The Earth is the center of the universe"

These were all facts of science before they were proven wrong later on down the road.

You can't tell me that our current thinking of life does not have a very real possibility of being flawed.
I am talking about the theories of science, of course medicines need times to be engineered to an accepatble standard. THe current theories have alot of backing as opposed to the theories of five hundred years ago when the earth was thought to be flat.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:05 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The church does not control the state and the state does not control the church.

It is seperated.
By having senators who use religion to judge which laws should pass, religion is controlling the state.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #39
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
I am talking about the theories of science, of course medicines need times to be engineered to an accepatble standard. THe current theories have alot of backing as opposed to the theories of five hundred years ago when the earth was thought to be flat.
theories of science are still theories no matter what backing they have

They are not fact
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #40
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
By having senators who use religion to judge which laws should pass, religion is controlling the state.
Atheism is a religion. You believe there is no higher being. Then you use that belief to make your decision in government if you are an atheist.

I ask you one more time: If you take religion out of this how do you determine the ethics of taking embryos from abortions and using them for research.

There are still morales in this country and I hope they continue to exist. You are asking us to throw out all kinds of decency. This is what liberals want. They want to let everything fly with no regard for life.

What needs to happen is if Bush is going to veto this then he needs to ban abortions. Because right now abortions are happening and these embryos are being wasted. Either have both or have none is my opinion.

You are the one that took this thread off target by singling out every republican as some kind of fanatic.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:07 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
theories of science are still theories no matter what backing they have

They are not fact
I never called them facts.
They are theories with alot more backing than religion has ever had.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:08 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Atheism is a religion. You believe there is no higher being. Then you use that belief to make your decision in government if you are an atheist.[/b]
Atheism is not a religion, it is merely the thought that there is no divine being.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:12 PM   #43
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
Atheism is not a religion, it is merely the thought that there is no divine being.
Atheism is very much a religion. You put faith in there being no God. No way around that. Just because you do not go to a building every Sunday to proclaim the non existence of a god does not mean you can escape that religion tag
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:14 PM   #44
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
I never called them facts.
They are theories with alot more backing than religion has ever had.
THEY ARE NOT FACT and that is my whole point.

You are not understanding what I am saying. Just as the people 500 years ago thought the world was flat they based their understandings and theory on the technology they had at the time.

We base our theories on technology that exists today. There is no way to determine the accuracy of this techonology just like there was no way to back the technology in the 1500's. Just because it seems to be the case does not mean it is.

Your attacks on religion are hypocritical when you put so much faith in science. Science can only progress as far as our current technology allows. It may seem like the correct thing right now but 500 years from now whos to say we wont discover something else and then they will look back on us like we look back on those who said the Earth was flat?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:17 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenmystang View Post
Man guess what my dollar bill says....."In God we trust". Yeah that sums it up.... our country started out with religion...Christianity.
Actually... you would be very shocked if you were to research the founding father's beliefs... very shocked indeed.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #46
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

In God We Trust didn't even appear until the early 1900's anyway.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
THEY ARE NOT FACT and that is my whole point.

You are not understanding what I am saying. Just as the people 500 years ago thought the world was flat they based their understandings and theory on the technology they had at the time.

We base our theories on technology that exists today. There is no way to determine the accuracy of this techonology just like there was no way to back the technology in the 1500's. Just because it seems to be the case does not mean it is.

Your attacks on religion are hypocritical when you put so much faith in science. Science can only progress as far as our current technology allows. It may seem like the correct thing right now but 500 years from now whos to say we wont discover something else and then they will look back on us like we look back on those who said the Earth was flat?
I am not attacking religion in any way.
The teories of science that exist today have backing unlike the theories you are feferring to. You are comparing appples to oranges.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:19 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Atheism is very much a religion. You put faith in there being no God. No way around that. Just because you do not go to a building every Sunday to proclaim the non existence of a god does not mean you can escape that religion tag
Religion is oranized, not believing in religion is not religion. Sorry.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #49
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Christians have the Bible, Muslims have the Koran and you have books written with theories on evolution and stem cells.

How are those different in the way that you are believing something that can not be proven?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:21 PM   #50
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
Religion is oranized, not believing in religion is not religion. Sorry.
Religion: generally a belief in a deity and practice of worship, action, and/or thought related to that deity. Loosely, any specific system of code of ethics, values, and belief.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Christians have the Bible, Muslims have the Koran and you have books written with theories on evolution and stem cells.
You are generalizing here, how do you know that is what I base my athiesm on?
Even without science, the miracles of the bible are not credible to me. To those who have faith the bible may seem alot more credible.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:24 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Religion: generally a belief in a deity and practice of worship, action, and/or thought related to that deity. Loosely, any specific system of code of ethics, values, and belief.
Athiesm has no system of codes, sorry. There are not any set rules, nothing. It is just a term given to those who do not believe in god. As opposed to christians or muslums or jews, who not only believe in a god but have a code they have to abide by.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #53
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

You are basing the theories on your support of stem cell research are you not? What are you basing your support on stem cell research on if it is not theory?

I am trying to get off the subject of religion here and trying to figure out what you base your belief in stem cell research on.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #54
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
Athiesm has no system of codes, sorry. There are not any set rules, nothing. It is just a term given to those who do not believe in god. As opposed to christians or muslums or jews, who not only believe in a god but have a code they have to abide by.
Religion does not require a system of codes. Why are you so scared of having a religion attached to your name?

Quote:
and belief.
You all believe in no god.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:27 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Religion does not require a system of codes. Why are you so scared of having a religion attached to your name?



You all believe in no god.
No matter how you spin it it is not religion. Religion requires orginization.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You are basing the theories on your support of stem cell research are you not? What are you basing your support on stem cell research on if it is not theory?

I am trying to get off the subject of religion here and trying to figure out what you base your belief in stem cell research on.
I am basing my support on stem cells by studies that have shown it working in favor of medicine. Not theories but actual proof of it being able to be used to engineer vital organs and such.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #57
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
No matter how you spin it it is not religion.
No matter how much you deny it, it is a religion
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #58
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
I am basing my support on stem cells by studies that have shown it working in favor of medicine.
So theories.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: I hate George Bush:

Religion is something that drives a person's every action whether they are aware of it or not.

Atheism is something that drives a person's every action whether they are aware of it or not.

You might look at the world differently, but both are beliefs. You say their is no evidence of God, do you have evidence of no God?

Both are beliefs. You put your faith in books written by man. "Believers" put their faith in books written by man under inspiration of God. I find more comfort in believing books that I believe were written by the Creator rather than the creation.

Just my .02
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:31 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Religion is something that drives a person's every action whether they are aware of it or not.

Atheism is something that drives a person's every action whether they are aware of it or not.

You might look at the world differently, but both are beliefs. You say their is no evidence of God, do you have evidence of no God?

Both are beliefs. You put your faith in books written by man. "Believers" put their faith in books written by man under inspiration of God. I find more comfort in believing books that I believe were written by the Creator rather than the creation.

Just my .02
I do not base my beliefs on anything written by man, I believe in no god simply because to me the book written by the "creator" is irrational.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
So theories.
Yeah. Theories that can't be proven or disproven without research. Research that Bush is trying to keep from happening. This is what happens when you let religion run the government. It tries to stop the advancement of science. Seperation of church and state is one of the big reasons that we're as technologically advanced as we are today. You want to see what happens when religious groups really runs the government? Look at the theocracies in the middle east.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
No matter how much you deny it, it is a religion
Religion needs a spiritual leader in order to exist. Athiesm is an opinion that that spritual leader of a religion is false. Athiesm denys the spiritual leader.
And stop using the smiley.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #63
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
I do not base my beliefs on anything written by man, I believe in no god simply because to me the book written by the "creator" is irrational.
You base your belief that stem cell research will net a positive outcome in the cure of diseases on information written by man.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:33 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
Yeah. Theories that can't be proven or disproven without research. Research that Bush is trying to keep from happening. This is what happens when you let religion run the government. It tries to stop the advancement of science. Seperation of church and state is one of the big reasons that we're as technologically advanced as we are today. You want to see what happens when religious groups really runs the government? Look at the theocracies in the middle east.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You base your belief that stem cell research will net a positive outcome in the cure of diseases on information written by man.
On facts discovered by man, when we see that it actually works like it has in some cases it is no longer theory.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #66
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
Religion needs a spiritual leader in order to exist. Athiesm is an opinion that that spritual leader of a religion is false. Athiesm denys the spiritual leader.
And stop using the smiley.
Again, your definition of religion is strict. Mine listed above is not (better?)
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:35 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Again, your definition of religion is strict. Mine listed above is not (better?)
Your definition is much to vague to attatch it to anything.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:35 PM   #68
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
Yeah. Theories that can't be proven or disproven without research. Research that Bush is trying to keep from happening. This is what happens when you let religion run the government. It tries to stop the advancement of science. Seperation of church and state is one of the big reasons that we're as technologically advanced as we are today. You want to see what happens when religious groups really runs the government? Look at the theocracies in the middle east.
Oh I agree with the research, however, no one has answered the theory of wear life starts.

Which is the whole fight over this research and whether it should continue or not.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:36 PM   #69
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE View Post
Your definition is much to vague to attatch it to anything.
and yours is just strict enough for you to escape it's attachment to you. Are we going to continue to go back and forth like this? I am not changing my opinion and you obviously aren't yours.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:37 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: I hate George Bush:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Again, your definition of religion is strict. Mine listed above is not (better?)
By your definition beliefs are all religious. I believe trickle down economic will work if handled properly, does that make me a member of the church or Reagan?
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Orleans pissed off George Bush again Brent The Bar 20 08-28-2008 01:06 PM
So George Bush Goes To Hell... [Joke] Brent The Bar 7 03-06-2008 02:51 PM
George Bush has dropped the ball horribly. Brent The Bar 62 01-20-2007 12:55 AM
OMG George Bush gets Jedi Powers Brent The Bar 15 06-06-2006 03:55 PM
George Bush Cost me my job Brent The Bar 16 02-11-2004 01:22 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



05:35 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.