3 rice kills, 1 day - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-12-2006, 02:17 AM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: 3 rice kills, 1 day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
With me driving? Sure...with a real driver? Probably not unless the engine blew at half track. lol I believe TT 03/04 cobras are running 9s these days...I can only imagine what a nicely built TT Z06 or the like would run with anyone but me behind the wheel.
wait, i thought a few months ago you were complaining about how you could only pull a low 13 with the cobra, and how the "Driver Mod" isnt fully tuned yet? or something like that. or maybe it was specV? i dunno, someone with a redfire was complaining about how the car is capible of more with a better driver.

and yeah, im preparing myself for mid 13 second letdowns

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2006, 02:19 AM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

Dude if you can afford it i'd keep the GT and the cobra^^^

As for me I like built imports, but not riced. If it's kept clean and can actually do decent times at the strip then cool. I'm just now getting into DSM's. I dont expect a 400hp car, but i'm going to have fun and keep the power reasonable. No matter what though i'd take a v8 over a I4.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 02:32 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic04edge View Post
Dude if you can afford it i'd keep the GT and the cobra^^^

As for me I like built imports, but not riced. If it's kept clean and can actually do decent times at the strip then cool. I'm just now getting into DSM's. I dont expect a 400hp car, but i'm going to have fun and keep the power reasonable. No matter what though i'd take a v8 over a I4.
id like to, the GT payments are only $250 a month. not much really when i bring in close to 1700$ after taxes. and $420 for the Cobra, and say 200$ for insurance on both a month. then again, i really want to get rid of the GT, slap rims and tires on the Cobra and be done, and get a matching bike(yamaha dealership had some nice *** maroon R6's).

but yeah. umm, do you have a life? do you want to keep your sanity? if so, id stay away from dsm's.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2006, 04:41 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

See, I wish I was in the same boat you're in Thomas. If I was making close to $1700 a month I would have bought something better. Oh no, part time woes and crappying college is taking my time I really gotta wonder if in the future I'm just going to look back at all this and kick myself for going through all this **** with school or be happy I did. Everyone else seems to be taking on awsome new jobs, some didn't finish college and they are swinging through life very nice.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:07 AM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
id like to, the GT payments are only $250 a month. not much really when i bring in close to 1700$ after taxes. and $420 for the Cobra, and say 200$ for insurance on both a month. then again, i really want to get rid of the GT, slap rims and tires on the Cobra and be done, and get a matching bike(yamaha dealership had some nice *** maroon R6's).

but yeah. umm, do you have a life? do you want to keep your sanity? if so, id stay away from dsm's.
Hell the way I look at it is if I can get this car done for under 1k which is highly possible. If it starts giving me problems I can easily sell it to some ricer for 2k maybe even more. You can ask Brent, there is a **** load of ricers here and I know I could ask that much for the car and get it. If that ends up what happens then that 2k will be going into a mustang. I'm still getting that 95 taurus I talked about a while ago in trade for the probe I had so that's another 2k right there I could sell it for so that'll be 4k I can use to get a mustang. Which in the end probably will happen, but i'm gonna have fun with the dsm for now.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 09-12-2006, 06:38 AM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
See, I wish I was in the same boat you're in Thomas. If I was making close to $1700 a month I would have bought something better. Oh no, part time woes and crappying college is taking my time I really gotta wonder if in the future I'm just going to look back at all this and kick myself for going through all this **** with school or be happy I did. Everyone else seems to be taking on awsome new jobs, some didn't finish college and they are swinging through life very nice.
Look at it this way seph...you'll have a job security someone without a degree won't have. No matter what, you have a degree to back your knowledge, and to most businesses a degree is required before even talking to them. Trust me, I've looked back...I could have a badass car right now, but instead my money is in my education..and I'm fine with that. I've yet to see someone have the job security I will without having a degree.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:37 AM   #42
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

trust me ... stay in school it will be very much worth it when you get out unless you major in something stupid that has no job potential.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 AM   #43

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to mach1gsx

Quote:
i agree. the Eaton or any Roots Style whine is 100x more evil sounding than any turbo scream ive heard. everytime i get on it and hear the blower i get all giddy inside, big fat grin on my face, 8 cylinders roaring through a linear powerband that sticks you in your seats from 2k all the way to redline in every gear(ok maybe not 6th, cause thats suicidal).

plus theres no annoying sound everytime i shift. a BOV so wears out its welcome by the end of the first month, you learn ways to drive without making it go off, by holding it at a certain rpm for a second before you shift, so any built up pressure in the intake is used by the motor, and the vacuum drops under -10hg so the bov doesnt make a noise. or driving under -10hg because any more and all you hear is this loud WHOOSH as the turbo tries to build boost, and everyone around you knows youre actually using throttle to get up to 35mph. i dunno, i just never liked the laggy feel and torqueless-ness of it, and that was on a pesky e16g. maybe why im so addicted to torque now, love driving the cobra, so much power to just move around traffic and get up to speed without any throttle input whatsoever, i thought the same about the GT, but its a whole nother world comparing maybe 300lbs/tq N/A to 440lbs/tq F/I with a roots style insta-bewster.

the only way i see myself going back to a DSM is for a track only 1g awd. fully built FFWD 2.4L stroker, full headwork, Shep Tranny, GT42r, Nitrous, running methanol. after seeing the **** my freinds go through, a daily driven 400+hp dsm (1g or 2g) is just not feasable. though id just as soon(if the GT doesnt sell, since it aint worth what i still owe on it) build that up for track purposes, and leave the nicer car(The Cobra) for daily driving.
Ha. You're absolutely right, daily driver over 400hp in a DSM is a ****ing nightmare, straight up...but I'm young, my girlfriend just moved away to college, I've got lots of time, plenty more years to save for a z06 and do some crazy **** to it. My mechanic makes wagers with his buddies on when I'll be back for something serious, or when he'll get a call about something minor. The FFWD motors are SICK, I only bought the crank though. Running nitrous over turbo will eliminate the lag, and the meth inject will take care of lean conditions. I don't do **** to my Mustang because it isn't a car that I'm building as a 1/4 queen...it's destined to be a showcar, being all concourse correct on the exterior, and minimal use of reproduction parts, and those that are are FoMoCo licensed, on the interior. Under the hood...well, it's a 351W bored and stroked to a 408, Edelbrock street cam, GT40 heads, Edelbrock Int. and an Edelbrock 850cfm carb...it's built at 11.1 compression, and needs major babying to keep gas mileage in double digits...all goes to a 9 in. rear through a R-code Mach's close ratio 4-speed (no overdrive on this mother****er). I have two pumpkins, one loaded with 373's and the other with 411 gears. With the 411's you can kiss fuel economy on the ***...that is the whole reason I own imports, I can't afford to fill up twice a day on $3 gas...I originally got the Eclipse for commuting to school... I just like to sleep in, so I need to make it there VERY quickly. =) The truck though, it was bought by my dad to be his for two years and then turned over to me at my HS graduation. I like my truck if it wasn't for that pesky factory GM governor (that Regency decided to leave on their performance truck 2: ) It pulls hard, lets me haul my dogs, cars, quads, etc. in style too.
mach1gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:55 AM   #44
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
wait, i thought a few months ago you were complaining about how you could only pull a low 13 with the cobra, and how the "Driver Mod" isnt fully tuned yet? or something like that. or maybe it was specV? i dunno, someone with a redfire was complaining about how the car is capible of more with a better driver.

and yeah, im preparing myself for mid 13 second letdowns
I was, that is why I was saying, that with me driving, a TT V8 would only hit 10s...where as the only way a real driver would hit 10s was if the engine blew up at half track and they coasted the rest of the way. In other words, a real driver would probably hit low to mid 9s in the same TT V8 car.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:47 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Ive not taken my car to the track
Old 09-12-2006, 10:49 AM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
Ive not taken my car to the track
Pansy.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #47
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Ill be happy to drive your car at the track though ^^
Old 09-12-2006, 11:08 AM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
Ill be happy to drive your car at the track though ^^
No. You drive yours. I'll drive mine.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:19 AM   #49
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

^^ You will win, cause he won't see boost.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

I think Brandon drives the slowest cobra known to man lol
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
Old 09-13-2006, 01:02 AM   #51

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to mach1gsx

I dunno, I think I'm through with this thread. I just wanna leave the thread sayin' there's a difference between rice and a fast import, which I would hope nearly everyone knew. I like my V8's about equal with my DSM's and various other imports, and will always be a freak of the exotics, Ferraris in particular. I like to chill mostly though, drive my couch and TV remote. Maybe watch a prototype or F1 race every now and then...
mach1gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:25 AM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
I was, that is why I was saying, that with me driving, a TT V8 would only hit 10s...where as the only way a real driver would hit 10s was if the engine blew up at half track and they coasted the rest of the way. In other words, a real driver would probably hit low to mid 9s in the same TT V8 car.
ah, mi comprehendo

Old 09-13-2006, 03:04 AM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

If given a million bucks, the first car I'd buy is a Ford GT. Too many schmucks drive Lambos, Ferraris, and Porsches around here.

You guys should have seen it.

I was driving down Sunset with my girl friend and we were checking out the incredible houses along the streets. All of a sudden I spot a beautiful house, big 2 story white house that every family dreams about. The white picket fence and all, the American Dream in a way, or some american's dream anyway.. and there in the drive way.. a white with blue stripped Ford GT sitting in the there like if it were to complete the picture.

God damn.. just beautiful..

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar