3 rice kills, 1 day - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy
Thumbs up 3 rice kills, 1 day

On my way home from school, i see a green prelude dropped with a fart cannon on teh back end.... with gold rims and gold sponser stickers... i noticed this car from Import Face off.

we were on the interstate, i got on the side he yelled if i wanted to run... so we did. I pulled on him right off teh bat, and never was he to catch up. Prolly got 3 cars on him before traffic built up.

Tonight, leaving work, i raced my friends integra, with a b16c motor... gave him a 5 car start, came back and still won. then we did from a dig, and wasn't even a gimme.

After, on my way home, a 02 accord v6 pulls up witha body kit and dual fart cannons, i asked if he wanted to run a quick run, he agreed. he launched on 2, but i managed to catch up and wipe him.

For all v6 owners..... get an sct tuner xcal2... its a world of difference.
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2006, 10:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: 3 rice kills, 1 day

i raced a RSX,from 45 in 4th and walked him like nobodys bussiness.

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:01 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

What I hate is when MFer's take off from a light and don't tell you nothing, like they expect you to know they want to race or something, and when you catch up to them their smiling and laughing at you like they wupped your *** or something. This has happen to twice in the last couple of weeks. A couple of weeks ago someone in a 05/06 Mustang GT did it to me, I guess I should have just figured he wanted to race. Then yesterday some stupid ***** in one of those Mercury Marquis (the crown vics) or whatever their called did this to me, and you can't hardly hear that car accelerate. So by the time I realized she was trying to race me I caught up with her to check, her and her husband(I guess it was her husband)were laughing at me like they just beat some punk in a Mustang or something. I rolled my window down and signaled for her to race me from the next light, she didn't say nothing, just Kept smiling like she thinks she got me, and when we get to the light I look over at her and she busted a right turn.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2006, 11:17 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

No street racing posts in the tech forums

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:19 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

it was technical, use the XTC chip lol

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Still street racing.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 07:00 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

sowwy brent 8(

wasn't sure where to put it, since im a v6 and just got xcal tuner... didn't know if i should try to inspire the v6's with the tuner...
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to mach1gsx

All these cars you talk about are front wheel drives, probably just dumb kids with welded on coffee can mufflers and a cold air intake they got for 10 bucks on ebay. I know both worlds, I love my 'Stang, no doubt, she's a classic and a beaut, but my Eclipse GSX owns my Mach, keeps it in check with an iron fist. I own my Mach in the quarter on 4 cylinders and pump gas, give me 100 octane and I give 30lbs of boost, and I'll go pick up dinner before my dad gets there in my 'Stang. It's all about true spirit competition. Man, I used to rag ricers all the time, rag the **** outta them. I still rag ricers, but don't ever mess with a tuner, or you're likely to be embarassed. Go search for a Eclipse GSX/Talon TSi/Evo or 3000GT VR4/Dodge Stealth RT...or if you're lucky enough (as I am, right here in Longview) to run into an R34 Skyline, if you pull one off on them, then you may brag, just because they're imports doesn't mean they won't own your ***, I had the same opinion once.
mach1gsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

meh turbo+v8 = ill whoop on any import

dont believe me ill post a video of a cobra and supra same turbo and all and cobra destories it every single time

But i like supras so its all gravy
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-

dude, the 3000 gt vr4's, stealths, and all that **** are still ****in dogs. the n/a 3000gt runs what a 16/17 1/4? soo the vr4 does what a 15? MAYBE high high 14? gimme a break.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

With an iron fist? That's impressive.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:27 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach1gsx View Post
All these cars you talk about are front wheel drives, probably just dumb kids with welded on coffee can mufflers and a cold air intake they got for 10 bucks on ebay. I know both worlds, I love my 'Stang, no doubt, she's a classic and a beaut, but my Eclipse GSX owns my Mach, keeps it in check with an iron fist. I own my Mach in the quarter on 4 cylinders and pump gas, give me 100 octane and I give 30lbs of boost, and I'll go pick up dinner before my dad gets there in my 'Stang. It's all about true spirit competition. Man, I used to rag ricers all the time, rag the **** outta them. I still rag ricers, but don't ever mess with a tuner, or you're likely to be embarassed. Go search for a Eclipse GSX/Talon TSi/Evo or 3000GT VR4/Dodge Stealth RT...or if you're lucky enough (as I am, right here in Longview) to run into an R34 Skyline, if you pull one off on them, then you may brag, just because they're imports doesn't mean they won't own your ***, I had the same opinion once.
dude, nobody is saying imports can't be fast..wtf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:39 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

No. They can't be. All imports are slow. PERIOD!

They run off rice and are gay.

The only thing gayer than an import is a Jeep. Or a Jeep with Tom Cruise giving Richard Simmons head in it, but you already knew that.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:59 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
dude, you just made the rest of us real DSMers look bad. post up this 30psi setup, id like to see how "t00ner"iffic it really is. prolly a T25 or a 14b owner with some 550's and a safcII who thinks hes hot ****. thomas91169 on dsmtuners, dsmtalk, sacramento-dsm, dsmlink forums, you name it. ive gone through the dsm world already, im the only one of the group(10 other dsm's) who was able to break the habit, and lemme tell you, being able to make it to the track to run even 14's beats having a car thats 12 second capible that wont run past the onramp. whats funnier is i can out-tech every other one of them when it comes to dsm talk. they still have no idea what do when it comes to tuning, i end up tuning most their cars, be it dsmlink or the ever crappy safc/palm logger.

skylines are crap.

3si's (3000gt/stealths) are garbage.

only other import car worth mentioning is a supra, and theyre freeway/dyno queens, finding one is a rarity, running into one thats modded is a god-send, especially if you have something to put them in their place(like my old dsm). then again, im in cali, so unless theyre a demo/show vehicle without a leash, theyre limited to what they can do before its basically going to get reffed the second it leaves the driveway.

now learn to drive the mach, and do a few bolt ons and it will trounce the "Iron Fist" of the gsx like it was its *****, still make it to the track every time, and still be just as driveable as the day it left the dealership. cant say that about a dsm, the more you mod them, the crappier they feel.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

street racing is bad, mmmkay?

on a side note, i killed my friend's g6 a while back, but i'll have to say, it was a pretty close race

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have a few things to say.

1. I'm thinking about getting that chip, it sounds awsome, and I like how it'll give you better MPG.. but I don't know if I'll have extra money to get it.

2. I also ****ing it when you are at a red light and when it goes green the guy next to you just takes off and you're like WTF M8? Then I gotta play catch up, but at this time in my life I don't even try. Most of the time I just sit there and let them do the first move, and even if they do take off I don't race.. I dunno, I just don't do it anymore.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF View Post
dude, nobody is saying imports can't be fast..wtf.
I'm saying don't bash imports, everybody in a Mustang wants to bash an import for some reason. Some imports, off the floor, head to head, are faster than Mustangs. (i.e. Nissan 350z) Some aren't. Some are grabbed up by little boys who want "to pull hot chicks" with their 4" mufflers and neon underglow. Get some game, and get a real car. A Mustang is a real car, I'm a FoMoCo fool, with a '69 Mach 1. But I'm also the driver of a very, very fast import.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

It's been a long *** time since I've been in a street race.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

i bash imports.............i've yet to lose to one. but i've just run the right ones, b/c we have a few on juice and a few turboed ones in town that would ream me. i have been fortunate enough to not run into those yet.

the closest run i've had with an import was a newer civic si (04/05) it was a hatch model 6-speed. he said he had nitrous but wasnt using it he was door to door until he went to 4th, the i walked away. from a dig i put about a car on him and sat there till he hit 4th again, the lost ground
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane- View Post
dude, the 3000 gt vr4's, stealths, and all that crap are still ****in dogs. the n/a 3000gt runs what a 16/17 1/4? soo the vr4 does what a 15? MAYBE high high 14? gimme a break.
Factory Eclipse GSX ran a 14.9 off the showroom, that's single turbo, 4 cyl and AWD. It is amazing how much faster a car will run a 1/4 mile when it isn't spinning tires. Bone stock 3000 is FWD and NT, yeah it is slow. VR4 is twin turbo, v6 and AWD, they're pretty fast. The Skyline GTR has beat out the Porsche GT3 on Nurburgring for years...that's Porsche's own house. You're calling them crap because they come from Japan??? Which engine lasts longer??? Oh that's right, American engines average about 120k-180k. 90% of Jap engines go 200k miles plus, constantly. I don't like a Honda, but to rag a Mits. because it is Jap is crazy. If you come ride in my Eclipse, and are completely unimpressed, I'll sign over my GMC Sierra RST to you, and you can have something pretty and fast to haul your cars with. But I'm keeping my Mach and my Eclipse.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Factory Eclipse GSX ran a 14.9 off the showroom, that's single turbo, 4 cyl and AWD. It is amazing how much faster a car will run a 1/4 mile when it isn't spinning tires. Bone stock 3000 is FWD and NT, yeah it is slow. VR4 is twin turbo, v6 and AWD, they're pretty fast. The Skyline GTR has beat out the Porsche GT3 on Nurburgring for years...that's Porsche's own house. You're calling them crap because they come from Japan??? Which engine lasts longer??? Oh that's right, American engines average about 120k-180k. 90% of Jap engines go 200k miles plus, constantly. I don't like a Honda, but to rag a Mits. because it is Jap is crazy. If you come ride in my Eclipse, and are completely unimpressed, I'll sign over my GMC Sierra RST to you, and you can have something pretty and fast to haul your cars with. But I'm keeping my Mach and my Eclipse.
Mitsubishi are not very reliable car, and 350Z's are not even faster than Mustang GT's, EVO's and STI's probably. I like skylines, when I was into imports that was my dream car, but know I'd rather have a Porshe. R34 GTR < 911 Turbo.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:15 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I'm saying don't bash imports, everybody in a Mustang wants to bash an import for some reason. Some imports, off the floor, head to head, are faster than Mustangs. (i.e. Nissan 350z) Some aren't. Some are grabbed up by little boys who want "to pull hot chicks" with their 4" mufflers and neon underglow. Get some game, and get a real car. A Mustang is a real car, I'm a FoMoCo fool, with a '69 Mach 1. But I'm also the driver of a very, very fast import.
lol I bash V6 Mustangs more than imports sometimes..

I respect some import cars, but otherwise.. why the hell bother tricking out a scion? You wanna go get your groceries faster or somethin?

Old 09-11-2006, 10:29 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
lol I bash V6 Mustangs more than imports sometimes..

I respect some import cars, but otherwise.. why the hell bother tricking out a scion? You wanna go get your groceries faster or somethin?

b/c you can turbo one on like 11psi and get 300hp OMG!!!1!!!!!@W1@# jefijnk
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
If you come ride in my Eclipse, and are completely unimpressed, I'll sign over my GMC Sierra RST to you,
really?

looks like im picking up yet another car.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:10 PM   #25

Eh, I dunno, I've driven every one of them and the Evo's and STi's outperform the 350 hands down, the new Stangs are just heavy sleds, but with a supercharger, can be made into mean machines too.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:11 PM   #26

Then again, you can always pick up twin turbos for the 350 and do hella damage, to other cars, and yours as well...
Old 09-11-2006, 11:14 PM   #27

And yes, a Mitsubishi is unreliable, but I'd rather push my GSX than drive a ****ing Honda.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Eh, I dunno, I've driven every one of them and the Evo's and STi's outperform the 350 hands down, the new Stangs are just heavy sleds, but with a supercharger, can be made into mean machines too.

I know, I'm saying Mustang GT's are faster than 350Z's, and EVO's and STI's are more than likely going to outrun a Mustang GT.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:54 AM   #29
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Well, I'm saying there is a world of difference between a fast import and rice. Anyone that can pull real numbers out of 4 little holes gets respect from me...

However, the other 98% of the punks out there that have see the Slow and the Curious too many times are a completely different story.

None the less, while a "tuner" car might could be a dyno queen or run some decent times at the track, I will still leave those to the "tuners" and stick with my V8. Better sound, better potential.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:05 AM   #30

Definitely better sound, I totally agree. Better potential, eh...depends how you look at it. V8, more power, heavier, sucks more gas. I have both. 2 V8 performance oriented cars, and a 4 banger, totally performance oriented, i have rattle canned primer on my Eclipse to stop rust, yet I've got nearly 12k under the hood. But then again, I also like the whoosh and pssst of the turbo'd engine, and an open wastegate sounds bad to some, insane to others, I personallylike it, drops boost creep to a minimum as well.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:16 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with Thomas. Even though I've never rider in a fast Mitsu, just peeky Honda's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
so when you used to think of 450rwhp in imports... how does that compare to 450rwhp~ in a domestic v8?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
its different power that you cant compare.

the eaton comes on smooth, and is very smooth to redline. that same amount of power in a dsm would be very violent, it would be laggy since it would require a large turbo, it would hit all at once and pull like a raped ape, but for maybe 2k rpm's, whereas this pulls from way down low(1500rpm) all the way to the top.

everyone with dsm's who i have given rides said at first "it doesnt feel that fast" and when i told them, "umm, that was 80 at the end of 2nd" theyre like "whoa, that **** is smooth". my buddy with the srt4 is the only one whose been in the car through 3rd, he though 2nd was nice but wasnt impressed, till i took him through the top of 3rd and he was astonished. said he might be able to stick around through 2nd but once i get into 3rd itd be over.

i have a few runs lined up come test n tune, couple dsm guys think they can take out teh cobra. its all fun IMO i dont mind a little competition between freinds and believe overall competition is what makes the world turn. now all i need to buy is a redfire helmet.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:33 AM   #32
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Definitely better sound, I totally agree. Better potential, eh...depends how you look at it. V8, more power, heavier, sucks more gas. I have both. 2 V8 performance oriented cars, and a 4 banger, totally performance oriented, i have rattle canned primer on my Eclipse to stop rust, yet I've got nearly 12k under the hood. But then again, I also like the whoosh and pssst of the turbo'd engine, and an open wastegate sounds bad to some, insane to others, I personallylike it, drops boost creep to a minimum as well.
That airplane turbine sound I will leave to the airports. Sounds like **** to me, but I am one of the weird few. However, I would gladly take a TT V8 over a TT I4 anyday...

BTW, when you are talking about making power...who cares about sucking more gas? lol
Old 09-12-2006, 01:35 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

There's a beautiful idea. A TT V8... can someone say 10's easily?

Old 09-12-2006, 01:52 AM   #34
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
There's a beautiful idea. A TT V8... can someone say 10's easily?
With me driving? Sure...with a real driver? Probably not unless the engine blew at half track. lol I believe TT 03/04 cobras are running 9s these days...I can only imagine what a nicely built TT Z06 or the like would run with anyone but me behind the wheel.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:06 AM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
That airplane turbine sound I will leave to the airports. Sounds like **** to me, but I am one of the weird few.
i agree. the Eaton or any Roots Style whine is 100x more evil sounding than any turbo scream ive heard. everytime i get on it and hear the blower i get all giddy inside, big fat grin on my face, 8 cylinders roaring through a linear powerband that sticks you in your seats from 2k all the way to redline in every gear(ok maybe not 6th, cause thats suicidal).

plus theres no annoying sound everytime i shift. a BOV so wears out its welcome by the end of the first month, you learn ways to drive without making it go off, by holding it at a certain rpm for a second before you shift, so any built up pressure in the intake is used by the motor, and the vacuum drops under -10hg so the bov doesnt make a noise. or driving under -10hg because any more and all you hear is this loud WHOOSH as the turbo tries to build boost, and everyone around you knows youre actually using throttle to get up to 35mph. i dunno, i just never liked the laggy feel and torqueless-ness of it, and that was on a pesky e16g. maybe why im so addicted to torque now, love driving the cobra, so much power to just move around traffic and get up to speed without any throttle input whatsoever, i thought the same about the GT, but its a whole nother world comparing maybe 300lbs/tq N/A to 440lbs/tq F/I with a roots style insta-bewster.

the only way i see myself going back to a DSM is for a track only 1g awd. fully built FFWD 2.4L stroker, full headwork, Shep Tranny, GT42r, Nitrous, running methanol. after seeing the **** my freinds go through, a daily driven 400+hp dsm (1g or 2g) is just not feasable. though id just as soon(if the GT doesnt sell, since it aint worth what i still owe on it) build that up for track purposes, and leave the nicer car(The Cobra) for daily driving.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar