Iran: Israel Has Hit Self-Destruction Button With Lebanon Invasion - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-27-2006, 04:17 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Iran: Israel Has Hit Self-Destruction Button With Lebanon Invasion

Quote:
Israel has ordained its own destruction by invading Lebanon, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Thursday, according to the state news agency.

Addressing the clerical staff of the Friday prayer sermons in Tehran, Ahmadinejad said Israel and its supporters "should know that they cannot end the business that they have begun."

"The occupying regime of Palestine has actually pushed the button of its own destruction by launching a new round of invasion and barbaric onslaught on Lebanon," the official Islamic Republic News Agency quoted the president as saying.

A top Iranian negotiator reportedly visited Damascus on Thursday for talks on the Lebanese crisis with the Syrian and Hezbollah leaders, starkly outlining the shape of the triparty alliance arrayed against Israel.

The reported meetings also supported the Israeli and U.S. insistence that Syria and Iran have a powerful influence with the Shiite Hezbollah organization and its guerrilla fighters.

In Washington White House spokesman Tony Snow said Syria and Iran "are playing leading roles" in the conflict in Lebanon "and need to step up" to the task of finding a solution.
FOXNews.com - Iran: Israel Has Hit Self-Destruct Button With Lebanon Invasion - The Mideast

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2006, 04:18 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy
Re: Iran: Israel Has Hit Self-Destruction Button With Lebanon Invasion

WW3... T-10....
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:41 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

I will say this once again. Israel is not starting WWIII. This is just another conflict in a series of conflicts that have gone on for over 50 years. Every 10 years there is a conflict between Israel and whomever. What about the Iran Iraq war that went on when you guys were just born, over 1,000,000 died in some fierce fighting and oil tankers were shot at. In 1967 Arab-Israeli War,Six Days' War was fought between Israel and the nearby Arab states of Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, and Syria. The Egyptian forces consisted of 7 divisions, four armored, two infantry, and one mechanized infantry. Overall, Egypt had around 100,000 troops and 900-950 tanks in the Sinai, backed by 1,100 APCs and 1000 artillery pieces. [19] This arrangement was based on the Soviet doctrine, where mobile armor units at strategic depth provide a dynamic defense while infantry units engage in defensive battles. Jordanian forces included 11 brigades totaling some 55,000 troops, equipped by some 300 modern Western tanks. Of these, 9 brigades were deployed in the West Bank and 2 in the Jordan Valley. The forces were organized in 4 divisions, one of them being the elite armored 40th. The Jordanian ground army was relatively well-equipped and well-trained. When it was over in 6 days Israel had destroyed Egypt's, Syria's and Jordan's military.

This is the toll on the Arab countries
21,000 killed,
45,000 wounded,
6,000 prisoners
over 400 aircraft destroyed

But Israel losses were small
779 killed,
2,563 wounded,
15 prisoners
NO AIRCRAFT LOST

So this little conflict is mouse milk compared to WWIII

Please dont by into the media sensationalism and make this bigger than it is.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
I will say this once again. Israel is not starting WWIII. This is just another conflict in a series of conflicts that have gone on for over 50 years. Every 10 years there is a conflict between Israel and whomever. What about the Iran Iraq war that went on when you guys were just born, over 1,000,000 died in some fierce fighting and oil tankers were shot at. In 1967 Arab-Israeli War,Six Days' War was fought between Israel and the nearby Arab states of Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, and Syria. The Egyptian forces consisted of 7 divisions, four armored, two infantry, and one mechanized infantry. Overall, Egypt had around 100,000 troops and 900-950 tanks in the Sinai, backed by 1,100 APCs and 1000 artillery pieces. [19] This arrangement was based on the Soviet doctrine, where mobile armor units at strategic depth provide a dynamic defense while infantry units engage in defensive battles. Jordanian forces included 11 brigades totaling some 55,000 troops, equipped by some 300 modern Western tanks. Of these, 9 brigades were deployed in the West Bank and 2 in the Jordan Valley. The forces were organized in 4 divisions, one of them being the elite armored 40th. The Jordanian ground army was relatively well-equipped and well-trained. When it was over in 6 days Israel had destroyed Egypt's, Syria's and Jordan's military.

This is the toll on the Arab countries
21,000 killed,
45,000 wounded,
6,000 prisoners
over 400 aircraft destroyed

But Israel losses were small
779 killed,
2,563 wounded,
15 prisoners
NO AIRCRAFT LOST

So this little conflict is mouse milk compared to WWIII

Please dont by into the media sensationalism and make this bigger than it is.
I know you know your **** when it comes to this, and I am really hoping you are right.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #5
Regular

I hope he is wrong. I am all for remodeling the Middle East. I hope Iran attacks Israel. Iran would beg for the Iran/Iraq war then.

Reddit
Old 07-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I hope he is wrong. I am all for remodeling the Middle East.
+1

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:26 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hate to burst your bubbles on the hope thing but I am not wrong. This happens like clockwork with the attacks on Israel and they hit 10 times harder back. When the Arab world has had enough and the Hezbollah are beaten badly they will call for a ceasefire and negoiate for withdraw from Lebanon and Israel will set up a security ring and things will get quiet for a while and then the suicide attacks will slowly start back up followed by occasional border breaches. then in 10 years start all over again.

History in the mideast repeats itself over and over
Old 07-27-2006, 05:28 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

hopefully this time the US will tell israel "**** the ceasefire, we got your backs dawg".

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:04 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude View Post
hopefully this time the US will tell israel "**** the ceasefire, we got your backs dawg".
Kindof how it's played out so far.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

We've been backing them all along mostly with financial aid and technology. I think Iran has no idea what they are asking for if they do invade Israel. I don't know why, but everyone always underestimates Israel. How many wars do they have to win in which they absolutely decimate their enemies before they get their respect?
Old 07-28-2006, 07:41 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
We've been backing them all along mostly with financial aid and technology. I think Iran has no idea what they are asking for if they do invade Israel. I don't know why, but everyone always underestimates Israel. How many wars do they have to win in which they absolutely decimate their enemies before they get their respect?

Go look at a map of the middle east and see where Iran is. To get to Israel it would have to go through Iraq. I am sure we would allow that
Old 07-28-2006, 10:23 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm sure Turkey would do their best to look the other way. Then they could gain access to the mediteranean and attack through there. Or their is just by air. They just wouldn't be able to through Iraq...
Old 07-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

They've got weapons with reach enough to hit Israel. Long range missiles. Their airforce has the range to reach out and get there. They wouldn't be able to do **** once they got there, though. The IAF would eat them alive. They'd have to fly a roundabout-***-way to get there, too. We'd never let them fly over Iraq.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:01 AM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

^^ I don't think we would let them fly over saudi or any of the other closely surrounding areas either. With our bases in Kuwait, Saudi, Iraq, and probably others....not to mention the carriers...I think any non-bum-****-egypt route would be cut off quickly. Hell, even some of the BFE routes would probably be cut off by our other bases and/or carriers. lol
Old 07-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I'm sure Turkey would do their best to look the other way. Then they could gain access to the mediteranean and attack through there. Or their is just by air. They just wouldn't be able to through Iraq...
They wont go by air. We are the rulers of the sky. Our whole entire domination of our enemy is based on we contol the sky. Nobody has the ability or will to attempt a air war with us.

Turkey is a NATO ally and with the F-16 block50 aircraft my compay sold them they would have a pardon the pun A TURKEY SHOOT if Iran tried to fly over their territory
Old 07-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #16
Regular

So basically Iran is talking a bunch of ****

Reddit
Old 07-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
They wont go by air. We are the rulers of the sky. Our whole entire domination of our enemy is based on we contol the sky. Nobody has the ability or will to attempt a air war with us.

Turkey is a NATO ally and with the F-16 block50 aircraft my compay sold them they would have a pardon the pun A TURKEY SHOOT if Iran tried to fly over their territory
But Turkey no likey Israel.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:04 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
But Turkey no likey Israel.
Turkey is mostly muslim so they are going to be somewhat leary of Israel but they have a large christian population as well as a jewish population. They do not fear Israel nor does Israel worry about Turkey. The turks hate the Greeks more than anyone.

Yes Iran is talking out their ***. What Iran does is push buttons with their sabre rattling to get the Hezbollah to do their dirty work for them. Syria is the same. They have been beaten so bad by the Israeli army they stand to lose everything if they try to take on Israel. Back in the days of the Soviet Union they helped Syria financially and with military hardware. Russia now does not have the money to provide them the support. Syria was making a living stealing from lebanon but now they have have left Lebanon they really have little economy. They have not oil or resources to sell so they really dont have crap

So in a nutshell this conflict will come to a ceasefire as soon as Hezbollah has no more missiles to fire or the Israeli army blast them to nothing

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar