The gauntlet is thrown MarkuzLS1!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:35 PM   #36
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: The gauntlet is thrown MarkuzLS1!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang View Post
i fail to see how this is correct..............the only difference is location, light, and a timer.

why cant they line up even and go from a dig? the cars might not line up EXACT, maybe like a couple inches off, but you cant even tell a few inches at the track, if they stayed dead even. now if they are super close, then i can see going to a track............13.4 vs 13.5 will determine a winner that possibly cant be determined on the street

they also mentioned a roll (or someone did), and if two autos floor it from a roll, given both cars are running properly............the faster car will pull away, thats a win, i dont care where its at.

so race....................anywhere, whoever wins, wins.
thats the most retarded argument I have ever heard in my life....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2006, 11:48 PM   #37
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
thats the most retarded argument I have ever heard in my life....
I concur

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 12:34 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

how? a faster car will win. PERIOD! if race Rob, i'll lose on the track, on the street, underwater, in the sky, etc. it doesnt matter. why? b/c his car is faster. i can see if two cars run real close, getting track times to see who is faster, but if one car pulls another, its faster, more aerodynamic, has better gearing, whatever.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2006, 12:47 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Negatory on street racing is the whole point. I will not act sanctimonious by saying I never street race but I never go looking for it, and there is just something about arranging a street race that just doesn't settle well.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:11 AM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Negatory on street racing is the whole point. I will not act sanctimonious by saying I never street race but I never go looking for it, and there is just something about arranging a street race that just doesn't settle well.
prolly the stupid factor of it all.

i can see if youre cruising along and some ricer kid pulls up, then yeah, its alright to put him in his spot.

as far as arranged streetracing, umm no. thats borderline ricer organized streetracing, which is 300 stock honduh's who follow the one uber modded leader who is the equavilent to dominick turetto but really just a civic with a ebay turbo kit and chrome wire looms.

all i can say is that unless its on a freeway at 2 in the morning with no cars in either horizon, or at the track, im not going WOT past 2nd gear on surface streets, which is pretty much impoundable anyways in a cobra.

with great power comes great responsibility.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 10:44 AM   #41
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
how? a faster car will win. PERIOD! if race Rob, i'll lose on the track, on the street, underwater, in the sky, etc. it doesnt matter. why? b/c his car is faster. i can see if two cars run real close, getting track times to see who is faster, but if one car pulls another, its faster, more aerodynamic, has better gearing, whatever.
If you want to know which car is faster (the definition: Which car goes from point A to Point B faster) then you must go to a controled environment and do it... no way around it....as NO flag dropping or go on 3 honks etc is accurate THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE.

If my car is EXACTLY as fast as another car and we race... I take off half a second later then I lose by a ton BUT we both made it from point A to point B at the exact same time... so which car is faster... a true ****** that doesnt know any better would say the one that got to point B first... this is not correct.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:13 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If you want to know which car is faster (the definition: Which car goes from point A to Point B faster) then you must go to a controled environment and do it... no way around it....as NO flag dropping or go on 3 honks etc is accurate THEY ARE NOT ACCURATE.

If my car is EXACTLY as fast as another car and we race... I take off half a second later then I lose by a ton BUT we both made it from point A to point B at the exact same time... so which car is faster... a true ****** that doesnt know any better would say the one that got to point B first... this is not correct.

i understand that last point, but what i am saying is that if two cars hit it from a light on the street and one wins by 5 cars, then he is faster..........you made a comparison of two cars exact in speed, and if you look i agreed with you on that point about how goin to a track is necessary b/c its too close to call. however, i am referring to cars that are noticeably faster.

for instance, if mark and darkshadow race, and mark wins by 10 cars from a dig, will it be of any suprise that he could also win on the track? thats what i am talking about
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
i understand that last point, but what i am saying is that if two cars hit it from a light on the street and one wins by 5 cars, then he is faster..........you made a comparison of two cars exact in speed, and if you look i agreed with you on that point about how goin to a track is necessary b/c its too close to call. however, i am referring to cars that are noticeably faster.

for instance, if mark and darkshadow race, and mark wins by 10 cars from a dig, will it be of any suprise that he could also win on the track? thats what i am talking about
The "win" will be much more negligible than that, lol. Maybe even negative :whistle:
Old 09-03-2006, 06:59 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

even a half second slow start off the line can be a full second difference in a quarter mile, thats quite a few cars. Half second is very easy to be off.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:08 PM   #45
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

pushrod = more tq, and downlow power. Not to mention the 6 speed...

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 09:17 PM   #46
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire

Honestly guys, this is a win-win situation...

I like both guys, so there's no personal bias...

I can't root for either.. The turbo or the V-8.... sounds like we need to call 'pinks' ... For the honor of ME.com
Old 09-04-2006, 04:08 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

psh, isnt your ls1 stock markuz?, hand the sixer his ***
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
psh, isnt your ls1 stock markuz?, hand the sixer his ***
It's got an SLP air-lid and a Corsa cat-back on it. Oh yeah, and MSD plug wires and NGK iridium plugs (if you count those sorts of things). I'm a big fan of the three letter acronym companies, I guess. On the dyno it put 317hp/328tq to the rollers. 8.6 is as fast as it's done in the 1/8th mile, but I think there are a couple of 1/10s left to get out of my launch. Got an extra set of wheels wrapped in drag radials and I didn't hit it hard enough off the line last time and bogged it a little.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #49
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

^^ you have your dyno sheet somewhere? You two need to post them side by side, I wanna look at the power/tq curves

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
It's got an SLP air-lid and a Corsa cat-back on it. Oh yeah, and MSD plug wires and NGK iridium plugs (if you count those sorts of things). I'm a big fan of the three letter acronym companies, I guess. On the dyno it put 317hp/328tq to the rollers. 8.6 is as fast as it's done in the 1/8th mile, but I think there are a couple of 1/10s left to get out of my launch. Got an extra set of wheels wrapped in drag radials and I didn't hit it hard enough off the line last time and bogged it a little.
so basically your almost stock lol, i was hoping to see a cam w/ headers or some else thrown in there, ws6 with headers and a nice cam>*
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Old 09-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
so basically your almost stock lol, i was hoping to see a cam w/ headers or some else thrown in there, ws6 with headers and a nice cam>*
no, a WS6 with headers/cam/nitrous>*

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 12:55 PM   #52
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
no, a WS6 with headers/cam/nitrous>*
wrong again

WS6 with headers/cam/nitrous>WS6 with headers/cam>WS6/cam>WS6>Zoo Monkies.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:07 PM   #53
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:

I am that true ******, because a car is made up of a sum of all its parts...and the driver is one of those parts because without one, it is nothing more than a large paper weight (and even an RC module will require a driver, so don't even bother saying remote control blah blah blah). If car X gets from point A to point B before car Y, then it is the faster car whether they run the same ET and MPH or not. It just means that Car X has a better driver gasket installed than Car Y.

The only way to truly decide which car is faster is to run car X with driver A then car Y with driver A so that all parts are equal.

In the end, whether a race is started with a flag, a light, a honk, or a hooters girl flashing her personalities, the first one past the finish line is the faster car. The only exception is when you are bracket racing and both drivers do not have the chance to leave at the same time.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:21 PM   #54
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

The statment I am arguing is how do you determine which car goes from point A to point B the fastest. The ONLY way to determine this is at a track with real equipment to start and stop the timmer and even then... its not 100% accurate on top of the many factors at that location that make the final result differ from those at other locations such as weather or alt and so forth. A track is generally accurate enough unless the cars are running the quarter mile in under a second. That was my argument.

If it makes you feel good to run some tool on the street then go for it... My argument was determining which car goes from point A to point B the fastest. The car may be capable of doing better with a more experienced driver but that does not change the fact that it ran XX time at XX mph in the quarter mile.

The whole argument is really reaction time. You can not have equal reaction time on the street unless you are EXTREMLY lucky, it just doesnt happen. Even at a track its not even (just a superior method of initializing the start of the race). The timmers take this into consideration, that is why you may feel proud that you beat a given car down the track only to be butt hurt that when you look at the slip you see they ran a better, aka faster, time.

If you both accept the fact that reaction time will play a role in which car crosses the line first then thats perfectly fine, many do this as it helps to weigh which driver is better and can react faster. Many professional tracks use this. Its perfectly fine to use reaction time or who crosses the line first as criteria...

My statment was the ONLY way to determine which car goes from point A to point B the fastest is with a real track and real equipment.... basically how to determine which car is FASTER of course including the driver which have a major part to play (the car may be capable of more but.. the driver cant make it perform to that level)
Old 09-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I'm with SpectorV on this one. A tree is the only way to get a fair signal to go.

Also... the ET is all that matters as far as which car is "faster". An ET is how long it takes to get from Point A to Point B. It's science.

The first person to cross the finish line is not neccesarily the faster car. That's why drag racing is often "won at the tree."

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:34 PM   #56
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Also... the ET is all that matters as far as which car is "faster". An ET is how long it takes to get from Point A to Point B. It's science.

The first person to cross the finish line is not neccesarily the faster car. That's why drag racing is often "won at the tree."
A car can't be fast without a driver. In fact, the same car can go faster with one person driving vs another. So, how can it be truly accurate when the same car can vary greatly?

In the end, I still say the first one out the door is the faster car no matter which one runs the quicker et/mph.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

I love racing on the track and on the street. They're totally different. Like different sports. You can't argue which is better, you just have to accept them for what they are.

Dark and I are headed to the track, though. I think I'm going to have to run Larry's Z06, too. After his last attempt, I'm sure he'll be after blood.

I like turtles.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
A car can't be fast without a driver. In fact, the same car can go faster with one person driving vs another. So, how can it be truly accurate when the same car can vary greatly?

In the end, I still say the first one out the door is the faster car no matter which one runs the quicker et/mph.
A car can be fast without a driver. Have you ever seen a car pushed off a cliff? It's scary fast.

I obviously meant the car and driver as one entity. Yes, different drivers can drive a car to varying times. The same driver can drive a car to varying times.

What you are saying is this: A stock Ferrari Enzo pulls up next to a stock Honda Civic at a red light. 3 seconds before the light turns green, the dumbass Civic driver launches the Civic (as well as a Civic can be "launched") and takes off. There is another traffic light 100 yards away. As soon as the first light turns green, the Enzo takes off. When the Civic crosses under the second light, the Enzo is still an entire car length back.

By your argument, the Civic is the faster of the two cars.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #59
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

im not talking about the "driver mod." I am talking about the instance of a given race.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:33 AM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

Me and Marcus are going to the track! OMG WTF!
Old 09-06-2006, 03:56 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966

this is how the race is going to be.. GREEN ---> :drive:----> turbo:wave2: ls1 ----v6 owners :beer: lets go underdog!

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:03 AM   #62
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

you need to get some trash talk on video before the race "funny trash talk" so we can make it up to be some huge real flame war thats going down. Get some good hits and site advertisement from it.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
you need to get some trash talk on video before the race "funny trash talk" so we can make it up to be some huge real flame war thats going down. Get some good hits and site advertisement from it.
blown v6's are pointless gay *** cars, **** my car is a v6 and is gonna be blown in a couple weeks .doh
Old 09-06-2006, 02:36 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:

That is cool. I will never hammer someone for not street racing. It is not that I dont do it but I select the times I do. I remember coming to Huntsville a few months back and having to go with someone to walmart to get a paint pen for that someone to do the interior stang on the steering wheel and dash. As we were coming back down a 2 lane road a newer Eclipse got in the left lane and tried to get me to run. I could have raped him but I did not. It was not safe with to many side streets. So I left the tool alone.

Open Highway is the only safe place to run on the street anywhere else is asking for trouble
Old 09-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
blown v6's are pointless gay *** cars, **** my car is a v6 and is gonna be blown in a couple weeks .doh
Old 09-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
So, did you get out of work for Friday?

I like turtles.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:25 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
That is cool. I will never hammer someone for not street racing. It is not that I dont do it but I select the times I do. I remember coming to Huntsville a few months back and having to go with someone to walmart to get a paint pen for that someone to do the interior stang on the steering wheel and dash. As we were coming back down a 2 lane road a newer Eclipse got in the left lane and tried to get me to run. I could have raped him but I did not. It was not safe with to many side streets. So I left the tool alone.

Open Highway is the only safe place to run on the street anywhere else is asking for trouble
Hmm...I think remember whoever that was saying something about that now...I think he was that guy that got stoned from too much radioactive paint thinnner....

Lol, as I recall, I think I was glad you didn't also.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:26 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
So, did you get out of work for Friday?
*sigh* No.

Have you found out about next Friday?
Old 09-06-2006, 03:33 PM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Hmm...I think remember whoever that was saying something about that now...I think he was that guy that got stoned from too much radioactive paint thinnner....

Lol, as I recall, I think I was glad you didn't also.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA That would be you
Old 09-06-2006, 03:46 PM   #70
Legacy Member
Legacy

I think I'm going to go this Friday, and if you want to go next Friday...I'll go then, too.

I like turtles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar