Holy Lizards!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-07-2003, 08:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via Yahoo to 98GreenStallion
Holy Lizards!!

I caught this lizard at Coleman lake near me. It was awesome!! Did I ever mention that I love being the croc hunter? Hmm well I will show yall some pics of reptiles that I have caught over the past few years!

heres the lizard pics from lake:

I found out that this lizard is a Texas Spiny Lizard. I was awesome to catch it. I had to take down about 20 logs off the log pile to! It was fun! The lizard was so sweet looking!!

Mods: BV heads, cut and weld upper, fully ported lower, 216/225 cam, 1.73 RR's, 60mm TB, 19# injectors, new timing set, 25% UDP, CAI, SCT chip, PCV delete, EGR delete, MAC LT headers, O/R H-pipe, durablack cat-back...

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
98GreenStallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2003, 10:20 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
thats cool looking
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:32 AM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee
cool

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2003, 10:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to v6white98
thats a pretty tight looking lizard
i myself would have never gotten any were near that thing. Im not a
real big fan of snakes, lizards or spiders.
i like to watch them on t.v. but still i get chills when i do that
Old 10-07-2003, 10:47 AM   #5
Regular

I dont do spiders or snakes..... lizards maybe

Reddit
Old 10-07-2003, 10:57 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
Thats a fairly large lizard... not to mention pretty tame in the hands of a human. Are you sure you didnt just let your pet out to play? :

I love lizards.... Those little guys are cool!! I catch them every once in a while. Them I hold them, pet them for about 5-10 minutes, then I put them in a wood pile so they can have lots and lots to eat (lots of bugs in there )

Spiders are ok, I leave them alone, they leave me alone.

Snakes, I like them. but if I see a wild snake, I'll slowly walk away.

Lizards rule!!!
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 10:58 AM   #7
Regular

Quote:
Them I hold them, pet them for about 5-10 minutes, then I put them in a wood pile so they can have lots and lots to eat
:

Reddit
Old 10-07-2003, 11:00 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

I like lizards Brent.

I pet them on the head. My hands are warm, and when I pet them, they close their eyes. :sleep: . And at times I almost have to wake them up to let them go

I like lizards
Old 10-07-2003, 11:09 AM   #9
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik
I like lizards Brent.

I pet them on the head. My hands are warm, and when I pet them, they close their eyes. :sleep: . And at times I almost have to wake them up to let them go

I like lizards

Reddit
Old 10-07-2003, 12:48 PM   #10
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
i wish we had lizards here in the land of OZ

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 02:33 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
bly me, look at the size of his teeth
Old 10-07-2003, 07:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

yeah, I have been catching lizards, snakes, frogs, and just about anything else that moves. Its kinda weird cuz I aint afraid of large spiders, but the little ones EEEEEK. They scare the crap outta me!!

No that lizard is not a pet I thought it was going to bite me too, but it never did! I did catch a Great Plains Skink and that thing bit the fire outta me! I bled.

I do have 2 pet snakes although. A Ball Python and California Kingsnake.
I will try to get some pics soon. Till then here is some pics of wild snakes I have caught. I let all these go though.

This is a Desert King Snake I caught in my backyard. It was about 4-5 feet long and very heavy bodied.

This is a Coachwhip Snake, I found it near my air conditioner. Usually very wild snakes that bite readily. But this on was docile.

This is a Bullsnake, hear in West Texas these snakes are very common. I have caught tons of Bullsnakes. I catch about 5 a year. I caught one hige one. 6 foot long. They get up to 8 foot though.

This is a Glossy snake I found on the road. It was the smallest snake I have ever found. I attemted to keep it though I couldnt get it to eat so I let it go back to the wild.

Well thats enough for now.

Mods: BV heads, cut and weld upper, fully ported lower, 216/225 cam, 1.73 RR's, 60mm TB, 19# injectors, new timing set, 25% UDP, CAI, SCT chip, PCV delete, EGR delete, MAC LT headers, O/R H-pipe, durablack cat-back...

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
Old 10-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
where do you live wild kingdom dude !!!!

Snakes are cool I saved the largest speckeled king snake I have ever seen in my entire life at 6 1/2 feet long. It was amazing, people were freaking as it tried to cross the road and I put my stang side ways on the road to prevent people from driving over it and grabed it by the tail and pulled him to the other side
Old 10-08-2003, 06:25 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
snakes are cool, i want one
Old 10-08-2003, 07:22 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
where do you live wild kingdom dude !!!!

Snakes are cool I saved the largest speckeled king snake I have ever seen in my entire life at 6 1/2 feet long. It was amazing, people were freaking as it tried to cross the road and I put my stang side ways on the road to prevent people from driving over it and grabed it by the tail and pulled him to the other side
I live more so in a desert. But I go to wild kingdom all the time!! lol.

Thats awesome, I have never seen a speckeled King. I bet a 6 1/2 footer looked sweet. Thats cool that you saved the big fellow off the road, most people swerve just to run over snakes here where I live. I hate it. I will be driving down the highway and there will be a snake on the very edge of the road, so I turn around and come to find its dying. That means someone had to see it and run over it purposely. So lets make a "Dont Kill the Snakes" team and everyone of us pitch in and when you find a snake on the road, just get a long stick and direct it off the road!! And if your like me and Danger dude be brave and pic it up, it gives you a roush. Trust me. But be sure it aint poisonous! If you think its poisonous get a VERY long object and direct it of the road.

Do you have many poisonous snakes near you Danger dude??

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
Old 10-08-2003, 07:45 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

well I sure hope not HEHEHHEHEHEHE I have a creek in the back of my house so I have seen a cottonmouth but that is it

Where I use to live in Mobile I lived near snake central at a fish hatchery, I have caught a pigmy rattler, copperhead, Coral snake, and 2 eastern diamond back rattlers have sex in a black berry patch while I was looking for glass snakes for a school project
Old 10-08-2003, 07:58 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
well I sure hope not HEHEHHEHEHEHE I have a creek in the back of my house so I have seen a cottonmouth but that is it

Where I use to live in Mobile I lived near snake central at a fish hatchery, I have caught a pigmy rattler, copperhead, Coral snake, and 2 eastern diamond back rattlers have sex in a black berry patch while I was looking for glass snakes or a school project
HAHAHAHA LMAO

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
Old 10-08-2003, 08:12 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

The meanest snake I ever came across was a 5ft Black racer. Me and my friend Mark cornered one end of a pond and mark goes to grab it and it rears up like a cobra and strikes him on the hand he tellls me to jump him all the while the snake is now beating his tail on the ground and striking at us. Danm mean snake. So mark wanted this snake bad cause I told him to forget it. and as I started to walk away Mark jumps on it and there was a good fight . Mark missed its head and bit him several times all over before i stepped in and grabbed his head.

the rest of the story gets even more bizarre. Mark takes it home to his moms house and drops him in a large screen cage he made for snakes and this racer wanted non of the cage and before Mark could close the lid the racer was loose in his mothers house and took over the game room for about 2 hours till I got there and we caught him.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:57 AM   #19
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

holy ****... thats awesome. I dont live near any cool animals Well, i guess theres rattlers... but ive never seen one in the year and a half ive lived in kansas

I like toys
Old 10-08-2003, 10:03 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Damn Zim didn't you know Tornados came along and sucked them all up. They aren't in Kansas anymore TOTO!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2003, 10:07 AM   #21
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

lol...

at least im originally from iowa... if thats any better

I like toys
Old 10-08-2003, 11:01 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I have has similar experiences like that. We dont have balck racers here but there is a similar snake here called a Coachwhip. I caught a 5ft coachwhip and that dang snake tried to bite me many times. Some how I never got bit though. The most bizarre thing about this is it got stuck under the fence and I had to free him, then he played dead and I thought he really was dead, but he wasnt!! What a good faker he was though... just to make sure he was dead I put him in a pale of water and he sank to the bottom! So either he was a VERY good faker or came back to life lol I have no idea. but I kept him in a small building we have just to be sure and I came back an hour later and there he was just as mean as before! Weird.

The next meanest was this bullsnake that was a baby. About 2ft and that dang snake bit me like 10 time before I could get him! This chat is making me want to go hunt! But its raining

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
Old 10-08-2003, 11:19 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have a few very dangerous animals that live in my area... as well as some very rare and spectacular ones as well.

The animals Deadly list, the Desert Scorpion, The Centipede, Diamondback Rattlesnake.

I see the diamondback on a monthly basis. Scorpions and centipedes are more rare.

My mom has been stung by a scorpion, but she just fainted. She said it felt like a red hot needle being shoved into her toe.

Centipedes like to crawl on the ceiling. My sister and I both have had this happen. Just before I go to bed, I look up at the ceiling. I took my glasses off so I couldnt se too well, but I see this "S" looking thing above my head. I get my glasses and turn on nmy light... it's a 6" Centipede. The funny things about these creatures, if you scream, they fall... my sister found that out. Remembering this, I got my dad, and together we pinned it, and flushed it. We didnt want it hanging around because of my very young nephew.

Now for the less Dangerous creatures around my home.
The Lake Mathews Albino Rosey Boa (endangered species list), The Kangaroo Rat (endangered spieces list), The Natcatcher (endangered species list), the Desert Bobcat, The Coyte, The Bald Eagle (endangered species list), The Fruit Bat, All kinds of lizards, The Horny Toad... and many many more.

Too many stories to tell about the above mentioned animals.

Creatures ROCK!!!
Old 10-09-2003, 07:51 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Lol, did yall see the bald eagle last night on the Red Sox Verses yanks game? It nearly took out Nomar!! Sox rule. I fill sorry for FLorida though.

Hey Rellik, if you ever can get a pic of a Rosey Boa, please do! I love rosey boas! We have alot of those creatures here as well. Not the Rosey Boa though, or the Natchatcher. Or bobcats, or eagles, Or fruit bats. But we do have Red hawks, Falcons, lizards, horny Toads, coyotes, turtles, uhh A lot more! OH yeah I saw a Gray Kardinal the other day! I love them birds!

How about we put pics of wildlife we see here in this thread! I aint saying go out and hunt, just if you happen to come accross something with a camera, then take pictures and bring them here!! If we decide to use your picture, you will get $100, and a free T-shirt that says: I TOOK THAT PICTURE!!!

wait, what? Forget that you dont get nothing. Well maybe a high five or something. I'm a ******! Too much coffee this morning!

sorry

www.rpm-mustangs.com

RDmotorsport

New dyno
193.8rwhp/238.9 rwtq
Old 10-09-2003, 10:38 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Getting a picture of the Lake Mathews Rosey Boa will prove difficult... I've only seen 3 of them over the 13 years I've lived out there, They're quite rare. And I dont want to get close enough to a Diamond Back to take a good picture.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar