94-98's > * - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-07-2006, 07:43 PM   #36
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
New edge ftw
wrong.
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-07-2006, 07:48 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: 94-98's > *

Just look at the sig, those two cars own yours anyday. And actually...the 66 fastback in the shop owns all...
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 07:52 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: 94-98's > *

zim, admit it, you have e-S.D.S. as if real S.D.S. wasn't bad enough.

Its okay to admit you need help, not everyone can be above average.
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-07-2006, 07:53 PM   #39
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
zim, admit it, you have e-S.D.S. as if real S.D.S. wasn't bad enough.

Its okay to admit you need help, not everyone can be above average.
Dude, you dont even WANT to know how small my dick is...











__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:01 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
uhh... we dont drive camaros idiot
Close enough.

Besides, brakes can always be upgraded. So can motors, transmissions, rear-ends, blah blah blah. Those parts aren't what makes the Fox body so great. Sure, they have a motor that makes tons of torque, a near bullet-proof rear-end, trannys that will withstand a sometimes astonishing amount of abuse (and are cheaper than **** to rebuild when they don't) and a ton of other positive factors. But all that isn't really so important.

What makes them great is the car itself. The simplistic, but aggressive styling. The potential to do anything you want them to do. Why do you think you see so many foxes at the strip? I was watching HorsePower TV this weekend, and they showed some clip of a drag event. I swear... at least 50% of the cars were foxes. But the strip isn't the only place you see them... They are riduculously popular for dirt tracks. They also do extremely well out on a road course. I don't see Maximum Motorsports (without a doubt the gods of Mustang suspension) using a 94-98 for their shop car...

Then there's the legend of the 5.0 fox bodies. Let's face it, around 85-92 was the only time Ford was ahead in the Pony Car "War" in a long time. You could even say that they didn't lose in '93, cause a decent driver in a 93 Cobra could take a LT1. Back then they ruled the streets. The FI 5.0 introduced in '86, coupled with the "aero" re-design in '87 were the biggest thing to happen to automobile performance for the "common American" since the birth of the muscle cars. They were the first pony cars to come out of the 70's oil crisis that were of any real use as performance vehicles. Their popularity is the sole reason that the Mustang aftermarket is what it is today.

For years and years the 5.0 Fox was what other cars measured themselves against. In fact, this really didn't start to change until a couple years ago when big horsepower really started getting popular again with cars like the 03 Cobra, STi's and EVOs. I remember when I first started looking at car forum on the internet (what... about 7 years ago now?), everyone was always bragging about how they beat a 5.0 Mustang in a street race. Why? Beating a stock 5.0 isn't much to brag about... But they were pretty much established as the car to beat.

And don't try to say... "Well, the 94 and 95 had 5.0s too." That's true. But those aren't the cars that will come to someone's mind when you say 5.0 Mustang.

There's also the fact that when you pull up to a Fox body at a light... you never know what to expect. Sure, other cars surprise you sometimes. But the 5.0 is probably the most modified car around. Finding a stock 5.0 is like finding a fat blunt sitting on your desk at work. It just doesn't happen that often.

But... the number one reason that the Fox body is better than the 94-98 is this:

Nothing looks meaner than a nice Fox coupe.

Now why exactly are the 94-98s so great?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1813-small.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	14432  
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Re: 94-98's > *

One word : Sexy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mustang 5-28-06 (16)editmedotcom.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	14433  
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:17 PM   #42
Road Trip!
 
Tbird232ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,170
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
well at least i have 4 disc brakes from the fizactory
I do too...and ABS...

F U.
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:18 PM   #43
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Close enough.

Besides, brakes can always be upgraded. So can motors, transmissions, rear-ends, blah blah blah. Those parts aren't what makes the Fox body so great. Sure, they have a motor that makes tons of torque, a near bullet-proof rear-end, trannys that will withstand a sometimes astonishing amount of abuse (and are cheaper than **** to rebuild when they don't) and a ton of other positive factors. But all that isn't really so important.

What makes them great is the car itself. The simplistic, but aggressive styling. The potential to do anything you want them to do. Why do you think you see so many foxes at the strip? I was watching HorsePower TV this weekend, and they showed some clip of a drag event. I swear... at least 50% of the cars were foxes. But the strip isn't the only place you see them... They are riduculously popular for dirt tracks. They also do extremely well out on a road course. I don't see Maximum Motorsports (without a doubt the gods of Mustang suspension) using a 94-98 for their shop car...

Then there's the legend of the 5.0 fox bodies. Let's face it, around 85-92 was the only time Ford was ahead in the Pony Car "War" in a long time. You could even say that they didn't lose in '93, cause a decent driver in a 93 Cobra could take a LT1. Back then they ruled the streets. The FI 5.0 introduced in '86, coupled with the "aero" re-design in '87 were the biggest thing to happen to automobile performance for the "common American" since the birth of the muscle cars. They were the first pony cars to come out of the 70's oil crisis that were of any real use as performance vehicles. Their popularity is the sole reason that the Mustang aftermarket is what it is today.

For years and years the 5.0 Fox was what other cars measured themselves against. In fact, this really didn't start to change until a couple years ago when big horsepower really started getting popular again with cars like the 03 Cobra, STi's and EVOs. I remember when I first started looking at car forum on the internet (what... about 7 years ago now?), everyone was always bragging about how they beat a 5.0 Mustang in a street race. Why? Beating a stock 5.0 isn't much to brag about... But they were pretty much established as the car to beat.

And don't try to say... "Well, the 94 and 95 had 5.0s too." That's true. But those aren't the cars that will come to someone's mind when you say 5.0 Mustang.

There's also the fact that when you pull up to a Fox body at a light... you never know what to expect. Sure, other cars surprise you sometimes. But the 5.0 is probably the most modified car around. Finding a stock 5.0 is like finding a fat blunt sitting on your desk at work. It just doesn't happen that often.

But... the number one reason that the Fox body is better than the 94-98 is this:

Nothing looks meaner than a nice Fox coupe.

Now why exactly are the 94-98s so great?
blah blah blah blah blah.... theyre just words that mean nothing
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:19 PM   #44
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Close enough.

Besides, brakes can always be upgraded. So can motors, transmissions, rear-ends, blah blah blah. Those parts aren't what makes the Fox body so great. Sure, they have a motor that makes tons of torque, a near bullet-proof rear-end, trannys that will withstand a sometimes astonishing amount of abuse (and are cheaper than **** to rebuild when they don't) and a ton of other positive factors. But all that isn't really so important.

What makes them great is the car itself. The simplistic, but aggressive styling. The potential to do anything you want them to do. Why do you think you see so many foxes at the strip? I was watching HorsePower TV this weekend, and they showed some clip of a drag event. I swear... at least 50% of the cars were foxes. But the strip isn't the only place you see them... They are riduculously popular for dirt tracks. They also do extremely well out on a road course. I don't see Maximum Motorsports (without a doubt the gods of Mustang suspension) using a 94-98 for their shop car...

Then there's the legend of the 5.0 fox bodies. Let's face it, around 85-92 was the only time Ford was ahead in the Pony Car "War" in a long time. You could even say that they didn't lose in '93, cause a decent driver in a 93 Cobra could take a LT1. Back then they ruled the streets. The FI 5.0 introduced in '86, coupled with the "aero" re-design in '87 were the biggest thing to happen to automobile performance for the "common American" since the birth of the muscle cars. They were the first pony cars to come out of the 70's oil crisis that were of any real use as performance vehicles. Their popularity is the sole reason that the Mustang aftermarket is what it is today.

For years and years the 5.0 Fox was what other cars measured themselves against. In fact, this really didn't start to change until a couple years ago when big horsepower really started getting popular again with cars like the 03 Cobra, STi's and EVOs. I remember when I first started looking at car forum on the internet (what... about 7 years ago now?), everyone was always bragging about how they beat a 5.0 Mustang in a street race. Why? Beating a stock 5.0 isn't much to brag about... But they were pretty much established as the car to beat.

And don't try to say... "Well, the 94 and 95 had 5.0s too." That's true. But those aren't the cars that will come to someone's mind when you say 5.0 Mustang.

There's also the fact that when you pull up to a Fox body at a light... you never know what to expect. Sure, other cars surprise you sometimes. But the 5.0 is probably the most modified car around. Finding a stock 5.0 is like finding a fat blunt sitting on your desk at work. It just doesn't happen that often.

But... the number one reason that the Fox body is better than the 94-98 is this:

Nothing looks meaner than a nice Fox coupe.

Now why exactly are the 94-98s so great?
Wow lol....
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Aidan_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 456
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Just look at the sig, those two cars own yours anyday. And actually...the 66 fastback in the shop owns all...
why yes.

I was inclined to agree somewhat with Zim because of my 94, but I also love my 04, and the 02.. but I do believe that the all original beauty of that '66 in my shop indeed 'owns all'.

Got this one covered.

:thumbs2:
__________________
2004 redfire 4.6L GT / 1994 rio red v6 vert / 1990 7UP LX vert

2804
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: 94-98's > *

fishers...

these 2 have sexier rear ends.. not as good a shot as yours.. but fox and new edge side by side

either one > 94-98s

__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:38 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishers Stang View Post
One word : Sexy!
Maybe if you like fat chicks.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:39 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: 94-98's > *

lmao bbunt, word!
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:42 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Re: 94-98's > *

hahah
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:43 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Re: 94-98's > *

o and Monte, u cant cound the 99+, its not longer with us
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: 94-98's > *

Mustangs with live axles and pushrods > ...other mustangs
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:45 PM   #52
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
Mustangs with live axles and pushrods > ...other mustangs
Excellent thinking.

My car owns Smurfin's Cobra
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #53
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Excellent thinking.

My car owns Smurfin's Cobra
+1
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: 94-98's > *

End of debate
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10_3.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	14434  
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:06 PM   #55
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: 94-98's > *
















[/END THREAD]
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: 94-98's > *

:fu1:

one of the ugliest mustangs I've ever seen!!!
*puke*
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:17 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: 94-98's > *

Tisk tisk... Whatever the hell that means.

Flowtech Induction - Custom Camshafts, Cylinder Heads, Induction Systems, Valvtrain
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #58
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: 94-98's > *

If i wanted to see stickers on my streetcar, maybe id go watch nascar
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:19 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Re: 94-98's > *



Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	torque.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	14435  
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:24 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: 94-98's > *

I trying to find the pic of the fox coupe where the rear wheels literally leave the ground and the bumper hits the ground. Does anybody know the pic I'm talking about or where to find it???
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #61
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I trying to find the pic of the fox coupe where the rear wheels literally leave the ground and the bumper hits the ground. Does anybody know the pic I'm talking about or where to find it???
i think ive seen the video if there is one... is it when he blows apart his rear end?
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
i think ive seen the video if there is one... is it when he blows apart his rear end?
I've never seen a video of it, just a couple pics. The car is standing nearly straight up and there were pics from the front and the side.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #63
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: 94-98's > *

ok, not what im thinking of then
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:32 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: 94-98's > *

Here's a pretty good one, but it's nothing compared to the one I'm looking for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	launchE2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	14436  
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 09:37 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I trying to find the pic of the fox coupe where the rear wheels literally leave the ground and the bumper hits the ground. Does anybody know the pic I'm talking about or where to find it???
don't know if if the pic your talking about is a white hatch, if so thats Mike Murillo local SA tuner
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:09 PM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: 94-98's > *

I can count the 99+ because it was seksi.
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: 94-98's > *

End of debate again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	738185482_l.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	14437  
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:26 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I trying to find the pic of the fox coupe where the rear wheels literally leave the ground and the bumper hits the ground. Does anybody know the pic I'm talking about or where to find it???

Hows this one.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #69
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: 94-98's > *



/end of any discussion anywhere at any time
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:13 PM   #70
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: 94-98's > *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
uhh... we dont drive camaros idiot
i know, but doesnt mean they still dont own everything that is holy.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
uh oh watch out 94-98's... tire The Bar 30 05-26-2005 11:55 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:42 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.