Tampa Bay? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Tampa Bay?

Anyone live there? Thinking about maybe moving there. Need some apartment recommendations in a nice area of town.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-20-2010, 01:21 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
sonic04edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 428
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge
Re: Tampa Bay?

WTF!
__________________
Looking for a mustang
2001 Ford Explorer 4x4
2003 Ford F150 Lariat Screw
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #3
Registered User
Newbie
 
richardcrowson1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
Re: Tampa Bay?

I live on the east coast, but, it is only 200 miles away. I have been there several times. Tampa Bay is overgrown with condos. The waves are a lot tamer there than on the east side, if you are a surfer. Lot's of old folks on both sides, however, crime is creeping in to the Tampa area more now than 10 years ago.
It seems that is centralized 10 miles from the shore.
Have you thought about taking a week and renting a timeshare or condo in Tampa Bay, just to check it out more closely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Anyone live there? Thinking about maybe moving there. Need some apartment recommendations in a nice area of town.
richardcrowson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Tampa Bay?

They have a bunch of Radon down there, dont want none of that.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
Registered User
Newbie
 
richardcrowson1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
Re: Tampa Bay?

Everyone checks Radon when purchasing a home, but, I have never seen a home testing positive since the 1983's
richardcrowson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:56 AM   #6
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Tampa Bay?

Yea I was thinking about going down there sometime this summer. Don't know if St. Petersburg or Tampa Bay is where I want to stay though.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Tampa Bay?

I have been reading up on Florida and Melbourne is recommended a lot. I have found a few places that look good apartment wise there. Anyone ever been there?
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:05 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Tampa Bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have been reading up on Florida and Melbourne is recommended a lot. I have found a few places that look good apartment wise there. Anyone ever been there?
Melbourne is a nice area. I wouldn't mind living around there. Satellite Beach is nice as well. I would choose Melbourne over Tampa, I like the Atlantic better than the gulf.

I've been to Melbourne once. I have a friend that has place in Cocoa Beach and went exploring over in Melbourne. It seemed like a nice place.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Tampa Bay?

by moving there what are you going to do or why there or Florida in general?
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:35 PM   #10
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Tampa Bay?

Warm weather most of the year and a beach
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Tampa Bay?

yea but if you live close to the beach it will be $$$$$$
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #12
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Tampa Bay?

Not really for apartments.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Tampa Bay?

hmm what about jobs and such, what kind of market are you looking for. Find the city that has the strongest
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #14
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: Tampa Bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
hmm what about jobs and such, what kind of market are you looking for. Find the city that has the strongest
His job goes wherever he goes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
sonicpony03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,411
Re: Tampa Bay?

Damn...new car, new place ~ where it's warm and by the beach I might add. Way to go Brent.
__________________


12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #16
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: Tampa Bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpony03 View Post
Damn...new car, new place ~ where it's warm and by the beach I might add. Way to go Brent.
He aint there yet
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #17
Registered User
Newbie
 
richardcrowson1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 18
Re: Tampa Bay?

Brent,
I am from Alabama originally. I have lived in Melbourne since 1997. It is the best kept secret from tourist in Florida.
Cocoa Beach is for the tourists. The locals go to the beach in Indianalantic, Patrick Air Force Beach or Sebastian Inlet.
Some surfers go to Cocoa beach, but, the parking cost is unreasonable.
I live on the mainland, but, am five minutes drive from the intercoastal waterway which is great for fishing, boating and playing with jet skis or para sails.
The beach is five minutes further east.
The barrier island protects the mainland during hurricane season. We had four in 2005, I had $25k damage to my house. Insurance here deducts 4% of the housing value from hurricane damage, that is a bad part of living here.
The heat has been unbearable. I had twenty three pre-cancers burned from my arms and chest. That is the other problem with the area.
Melbourne is about sixty miles east of Orlando and 200 miles north of the Florida Keys, (and Miami if you speak Spanish). If you don't speak Spanish, just keep driving south.

I work at Kennedy Space Center. Jobs are not plentiful when NASA lay's off. We are about to have that happen again in September. The sun fades paint on your car, every subdivision has homeowner's organizations that run your life, the cops give a lot of tickets here, I have had only three in 40 years of driving, all here in the space of ten years.
Love bugs and other critters drive you crazy.
I'm a redneck from Alabama and have a problem with the fact that most here are from the North east and don't know the true meaning of being from the South. It is the only State where you have to drive North to go South.
Other than that, it is great to live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I have been reading up on Florida and Melbourne is recommended a lot. I have found a few places that look good apartment wise there. Anyone ever been there?
richardcrowson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #18
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Tampa Bay?

That is very helpful Richard. Thanks for the feedback.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:05 PM   #19
Staff
Blogger
Staff
 
99ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Region: Georgia
Posts: 6,120
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Re: Tampa Bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardcrowson1 View Post
Brent,
I am from Alabama originally. I have lived in Melbourne since 1997. It is the best kept secret from tourist in Florida.
Cocoa Beach is for the tourists. The locals go to the beach in Indianalantic, Patrick Air Force Beach or Sebastian Inlet.
Some surfers go to Cocoa beach, but, the parking cost is unreasonable.
I live on the mainland, but, am five minutes drive from the intercoastal waterway which is great for fishing, boating and playing with jet skis or para sails.
The beach is five minutes further east.
The barrier island protects the mainland during hurricane season. We had four in 2005, I had $25k damage to my house. Insurance here deducts 4% of the housing value from hurricane damage, that is a bad part of living here.
The heat has been unbearable. I had twenty three pre-cancers burned from my arms and chest. That is the other problem with the area.
Melbourne is about sixty miles east of Orlando and 200 miles north of the Florida Keys, (and Miami if you speak Spanish). If you don't speak Spanish, just keep driving south.

I work at Kennedy Space Center. Jobs are not plentiful when NASA lay's off. We are about to have that happen again in September. The sun fades paint on your car, every subdivision has homeowner's organizations that run your life, the cops give a lot of tickets here, I have had only three in 40 years of driving, all here in the space of ten years.
Love bugs and other critters drive you crazy.
I'm a redneck from Alabama and have a problem with the fact that most here are from the North east and don't know the true meaning of being from the South. It is the only State where you have to drive North to go South.
Other than that, it is great to live here.
Florida is filled with " snow birds." It's funny when I went down in march one time the liquor store attendant was like finally a Georgia drivers license.
Oh yes and the cops are terrible in FL. The only state where they sit at the bottom of hill.
__________________
Check out the Official ME gear page for site t-shirts, decals, and bottle openers: http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...2/#post1670281
99ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tampa MOSI Show Pics... The Whistler Pictures and Videos 5 10-29-2008 12:12 AM
This is what's happening with the Tampa Bay Bucs Herbstang The Bar 12 09-21-2006 04:24 PM
Newbie from Tampa RazziGT New Member Introductions & Greetings 23 03-31-2005 12:17 AM
Tampa Mustangs SeadudeRXP Regional Mustang Discussion 13 03-27-2005 11:15 AM
ANYONE FROM ST PETE or TAMPA AREA??? el cheapo Regional Mustang Discussion 2 08-05-2003 07:55 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



01:48 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.