Burj Dubai - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Burj Dubai

I watched a documentary on 9/11 and it referred to the Freedom Tower that is going to be built on the site where the World Trade Center was. So I desided to look it up, and read about it. In doing so I read where a tower is being built in Dubai, United Arab Emirates called theBurj Dubai. Its suppose to be 2650ft tall witch is almost twice as tall as the WTC was, and is to be completed sometime in 2008.

Burj Dubai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2: Its strange to think that a bunch of radical Muslims came over here, and destroy two of our talliest, most impressive builds, because they represented Western society, and our modern way of life, and know a bunch of Muslims are trying to build the tallist, most impressive building in the world.

By the way, today is the 5'th anniversary since 9/11.
R.I.P. to all the people that lost their live that day.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2006, 11:47 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Burj Dubai

The current tallest building in the world is the Kohbar Towers in Malaysia and have also been targeted by muslim extremists in the mid 90's.

All I got to say is good luck to a 2650 ft tall building in the Middle East. However, if any country in the Middle East was going to do it, the U.A.E. is def the best place. They have the economy to support it and are very much a hands off government when it comes to regulating business. U.A.E. is one of the most advanced Middle Eastern countries as far as technology goes. They have a beautiful downtown area that didn't exist in 1992. All their growth happened within the last 15 years.

It's a pretty interesting country to read up on when you get some time.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
The current tallest building in the world is the Kohbar Towers in Malaysia and have also been targeted by muslim extremists in the mid 90's.

All I got to say is good luck to a 2650 ft tall building in the Middle East. However, if any country in the Middle East was going to do it, the U.A.E. is def the best place. They have the economy to support it and are very much a hands off government when it comes to regulating business. U.A.E. is one of the most advanced Middle Eastern countries as far as technology goes. They have a beautiful downtown area that didn't exist in 1992. All their growth happened within the last 15 years.

The city of Dubai does look very impressive, I think the best word I can think of to describe is it looks cool. The first time I'd heard of the country was when I read about is tower earlier today. I don't know why you don't hear about it much, because they seem like they have a pretty good size economy, especially for one in the Middle East that isn't just oil.

I think this building that they have called the Burj al-Arab looks pretty neat. They say its over a thousand ft tall, but it doesn't look it unless you look at the tree, and road in front of it.
Burj al-Arab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2006, 12:26 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

werd. their city in 1992 is equal to what vegas looked like before the north strips "Mega Resorts" hit vegas. but theirs is like 10x better.

ive always said, if the middle easterns got their **** together, they can become superpowers, and the UAE is a prime example.

but those middle easterners that wish to have the largest building are not responsible for the actions of their extremist counterparts. hell if al-quaeda used their powers for good instead of evil and decided to do something constructive, i wouldnt doubt they could build the largest building in the world.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #5
Regular

Plus the U.A.E. isn't a haven for terrorists like Iran is. Iran will never be a U.A.E. even if they have a nuclear weapon. They are far too restrictive due to their relgion. Their economy would never grow at the rate UAE has.

U.A.E. isn't perfect though. The businesses that are home there are known to be very corrupt due to the lack of regulations.

I love Wikipedia. I am a geek when it comes to studying different countries/cities. Building architecture is very intriguing to me as well. I love going to different cities and touring their downtown area and looking at the type of buildings they have built.

When I went to New York City I was just amazed as we drove through Manhattan. It was just insane. Especially for someone whom had never seen a city bigger than Atlanta.

Reddit
Old 09-11-2006, 12:36 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

maybe you should become an architect?

then you can use big words like "Ergo", "Vis a Vis" and "Concordedly".

Old 09-11-2006, 12:44 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Does this country get any of Terrorist attacks. I wouldn't think so since I've never heard of the place, but you would think this place would have the extremist pretty upset being in the Middle East.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:57 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

they will not attack their own people unless it is to get to americans, which case they are just collateral damage for their holy cause.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:59 AM   #9
Regular

Correct. When you have attacks overseas it is usually against American Embassies.

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar