Movie: Death of a President - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Movie: Death of a President

Have ya'll heard about this movie that depicts President Bush as being assassinated in Chicago in October 2007. Its called Death of a President. I skimmed the article kind of fast, but I believe their going to release it in theators in the U.S. in a few mounths. It suprises me that they are allowed to show a movie in theators that depicts the death of the President that is currently in office.

Controversial "Death of a President" film debuts - Yahoo! News

Death of a President - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Movie: Death of a President

Sounds pretty gay.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee

God I bet Michael Moore is going to pull a Pee Wee Herman in the movie theatre

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
God I bet Michael Moore is going to pull a Pee Wee Herman in the movie theatre
:yup:
Old 09-13-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
Regular

All it does is show that the left has no morales whatsoever and will do everything to make Bush look bad

They will never regain control of the White House or Congress if they keep it up

Reddit
Old 09-13-2006, 09:49 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

If they come out with that movie, I see no problem with coming out with my movie then.

Basically shows a planet just like ours, and we follow these main characters who get attacked by this alien race. The planet gets ****ed over pretty good until they give up. Then they find out that the alien race was the human race from Earth. They basically explain to them how we've been studying them and that their "god" that they came to believe created them does not exsist.

It'd be a twist ending and something to make you all think. What if an alien race came down and told us "No, there is no "God" or whatever you call him. We've watched you guys evolve from single celled organisms into what you are now. There is no point fighting over it, there's no use believing you are special. You're a fluke just like the rest of us who exsist in this vast Universe."

How lonely would you all feel?

Except Brent and a few others, we already know how this **** goes

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:53 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

^^^im totally down with that idea because i believe it to be true(humans are just a bi-product of some more advanced race), but i have no idea how that has anything to do with presidents getting assasinated. must be that LA smog :dunno:

i cant believe more people arent in uproar. even if you dont like bush, its a ****ing movie depicting the assasination of the highest ranking american in the world(hell, probably the most powerful person in the world). i mean ****, id be just as ****ing pissed if Hillary was in office and someone made a movie about killing her, though i hate her guts. i mean ****, youre making a movie about killing a person thats still alive, cmon people, have you no ****ing morals?

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:12 AM   #8
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
^^^im totally down with that idea because i believe it to be true(humans are just a bi-product of some more advanced race), but i have no idea how that has anything to do with presidents getting assasinated. must be that LA smog :dunno:

i cant believe more people arent in uproar. even if you dont like bush, its a ****ing movie depicting the assasination of the highest ranking american in the world(hell, probably the most powerful person in the world). i mean ****, id be just as ****ing pissed if Hillary was in office and someone made a movie about killing her, though i hate her guts. i mean ****, youre making a movie about killing a person thats still alive, cmon people, have you no ****ing morals?
thats extreme left wing liberals for ya. Morals? we don't need no stinking morals!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:43 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
lol I'm just saying if they are going to go so outright and do something like this, then I'm going to do the next most outright thing. Make a movie that basically tells us to look at ourselves and really question why we are doing the things we are doing. If God doesn't exsist how will you live from that moment on?

I think at the end of the film the main characters will kill themselves knowing that they couldn't live with reality.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:26 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A White House spokesman said of the programme: "We are not going to comment because it does not dignify a response."
Quote:
John Beyer of UK TV pressure group MediaWatch said the film was "irresponsible".

He said it could even trigger a real assassination attempt and told the Daily Mirror: "There's a lot of feeling against President Bush and this may well put ideas into people's heads."
Its not uncommon for people to copy thinks they see happen in movies.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:47 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
lol I'm just saying if they are going to go so outright and do something like this, then I'm going to do the next most outright thing. Make a movie that basically tells us to look at ourselves and really question why we are doing the things we are doing. If God doesn't exsist how will you live from that moment on?
i think some people just need faith in something other than themselves to go on. if religion was ruled out, theres just gonna be something else that takes its place. i think it all boils down to our moment in time and evolution, some need to believe in something bigger than them so they dont feel as small and insignificant when they try to comprehend a bigger picture.

as soon as we all unite and start exploring the stars like what you see in things like Star Trek and such, we will all be united towards one goal, and that is expanding our knowledge in ways and steps we never thought possible. imagine if the WHOLE human race was totally geared towards the future of our race, and didnt care about material objects or possessions? currency is a thing of the past, we all work to better ourselves and our race. imagine the possibilities after greed and jealousy are deleted from our minds. imagine a day when no one person tries to be better than the other, only tries to better himself for his own goals, and to help better our race. getting through this century will be the hardest part IMO of our civilization. if we can break past this racial and historical need to kill eachother, we will be golden for the next few millenia in our evolution. then again, if we fail, well throw the human race back into pre-industrial civilization, and more than likely a new thinking will emerge from the throes of our former self, either logical/spiritual, or dominant/agressive.

Old 09-14-2006, 04:51 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
i think some people just need faith in something other than themselves to go on. if religion was ruled out, theres just gonna be something else that takes its place. i think it all boils down to our moment in time and evolution, some need to believe in something bigger than them so they dont feel as small and insignificant when they try to comprehend a bigger picture.

as soon as we all unite and start exploring the stars like what you see in things like Star Trek and such, we will all be united towards one goal, and that is expanding our knowledge in ways and steps we never thought possible. imagine if the WHOLE human race was totally geared towards the future of our race, and didnt care about material objects or possessions? currency is a thing of the past, we all work to better ourselves and our race. imagine the possibilities after greed and jealousy are deleted from our minds. imagine a day when no one person tries to be better than the other, only tries to better himself for his own goals, and to help better our race. getting through this century will be the hardest part IMO of our civilization. if we can break past this racial and historical need to kill eachother, we will be golden for the next few millenia in our evolution. then again, if we fail, well throw the human race back into pre-industrial civilization, and more than likely a new thinking will emerge from the throes of our former self, either logical/spiritual, or dominant/agressive.
I more than agree, it's what I believe to be true as well. This century will make or break us.. either we'll learn from all of this and move on, or we'll be stuck in this rut for a long long time. We should make a motivational movie and start a cult. Well, not so much a cult

It'd be semi fight clubish but in "SPACE Space space space.."

I can see how we all want to believe we aren't alone, and in reality we probably aren't! Why do we have to believe in something so impossible, and yet when the higher possibility that there is life on other planets it's impossible to even believe in that!

Groan.. humanity.. groan..

there should be a huge group of people who just work getting things ready for us all to go, so as to make an example from everyone. "Yes hi, we're done waiting for you guys to grow up and start realizing the future and how we can better each other by exploring and discovering new materials for the human race to use. So when you guys cut the **** out and stop killing each other off.. .we'll be out progressing the human race while you further delay it."

Old 09-14-2006, 08:09 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
All it does is show that the left has no morales whatsoever and will do everything to make Bush look bad

They will never regain control of the White House or Congress if they keep it up
It's just a movie.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:10 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
It's just a movie.
And a British one, at that.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:22 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

Quote:
It's just a movie.
dude...even if you hate bush, come on. That is messed up to make a movie about someone in real life being assassinated. He is not dead, and he is not a character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:52 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

We are in a new era of personal attacks. Now if you cant beat a candidate on the issues you attack every part of his personal character and hollywood is in on it. This is not about anything but pure hatred.

There was a time when the Secret Service would be all over this movie and it would not get any showings anywhere no matter what political side you are on. Decency is gone, hate is the new rage.

I dont believe the US is going to ever get back to being united. We saw a brief glimps right after 9/11 but it soon gave way to the usual split between the parties and the left and right.

We live in a day where anti Bush people want to see us fail at everything even if it means having severe effects to our nation. I personally think anyone how blindly hates someone who is the leader of our country elected by the people is a complete loser. I disagreed with Clinton and think he personally did things not in our best interest as President I did not hate him or wish him ill will. I actually think he did some good.

So about this movie by a complete loser and being released by the same losers, Weinstein Company, who releases all anti bush propganda including loser Michael Moores crap and the new dumb *** movie by the Loser Dixie Chicks.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:05 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Dixie Chicks.

You mean "Chixie Dicks"
Old 09-14-2006, 10:09 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

I wonder what would have happened if this movie had been made about Clinton while he was in the "Oval Orifice", hmm? Would not have been shown evar.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:36 PM   #19
Regular

Quote:
It's just a movie.
So? The movie still reflects on the people who make it and the people who no doubt will enjoy the thought of Bush being assisinated.

Reddit
Old 09-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
I dont believe the US is going to ever get back to being united. We saw a brief glimps right after 9/11 but it soon gave way to the usual split between the parties and the left and right.
sure it will. put me in office and we will turn this nation into the first galactic empire, named the UAE for American Empire. no more party system, it worked great for a few centuries or such, but its not working in the new millenium.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to fast64

Star Trek Dorky Communism = a bad idea.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:46 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol who said anything about Communism though?

Old 09-14-2006, 04:54 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

If the political system used in Star Trek was so great... they would have already learned to time travel and would have come back in time to teach us how to make awesome pancakes.

Scary stuff.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

with chocolate chips in them!
Old 09-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Come to think of it... how did we come up with chocolate chip pancakes?

Scary stuff.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:10 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Aliens descended on IHOP who told them "we don't give a **** about you watching us grow from single cell organisms, we want a ****ing awesome pancake", and the rest, as they say, is history....
Old 09-14-2006, 05:11 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Are you sure it was an alien and not Captain Kirk (isn't that the name of one of them there Star Trek folks?)?)?)?

Scary stuff.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:38 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
Star Trek Dorky Communism = a bad idea.
actually i was referring to the Empire/Dark Side of Star Wars.

Star Trek/the Federation still uses the same system we use today, just in galactic form. instead of states, you have races/worlds and their leaders.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar