Here we go Again with Ford - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-15-2006, 11:28 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Here we go Again with Ford

Sooner or Later we're not even gonna have a Big 3

DETROIT (Sept. 15) - Ford is cutting more than 10,000 additional salaried jobs, offering buyouts to all of its 75,000 U.S. hourly workers and shutting down two more plants in a plan to end financial losses and remake itself into a smaller, more competitive car company.

Ford to Cut More Jobs, Offer Worker Buyouts - AOL News
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Here we go Again with Ford

I just want a Mustang every year. If they can do that I am happy lol
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: Here we go Again with Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I just want a Mustang every year. If they can do that I am happy lol
yeah but reality is setting in, if they wanna remain this "small" company their not gonna last. Their quality of cars suck compare to the rest of the import market

Fact is other countries dont want cheaply made cars for the price they charge compare to a Hydunai or Toyota. American cars are being built to cheap and not lasting. Thats the issue and people know this.

Hell the time i spent up in Toronto i seen a total of maybe 6-7 american cars thats just sad considering theres a Ford Plant about 20 mins south of Toronto
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-15-2006, 12:40 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Here we go Again with Ford

The best news I am hearing is that Ford is going to offer the buyout to its employees to get away from the UAW. If Ford can send the UAW packing, they will be able to do a lot to turn themselves around. They should go private, remove the UAW, and reconsider the $18 million signing bonus they just gave the new CEO guy. Then, when poor job performance can actually get you fired since the union won't be in the way anymore, maybe the factory workers will put some effort into putting **** together. Not to mention, creating a pay ladder that reflects your job duties and not your time with the company.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Here we go Again with Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
yeah but reality is setting in, if they wanna remain this "small" company their not gonna last. Their quality of cars suck compare to the rest of the import market

Fact is other countries dont want cheaply made cars for the price they charge compare to a Hydunai or Toyota. American cars are being built to cheap and not lasting. Thats the issue and people know this.

Hell the time i spent up in Toronto i seen a total of maybe 6-7 american cars thats just sad considering theres a Ford Plant about 20 mins south of Toronto
I disagree the quailty of their cars does not suck Ford and GM build good cars. Ford screwed up with styling simple because they had the #1 car Taurus and SUV Explorer and Now Chevy Malibu and Trailblazer took those spots. It is more a marketing thing. People are under the assumption japanese cars are better. The fact is frequncy of repair is quite close. The biggest problem is Fuel economy. People want good mileage but also good power and that is where the US fails. For power we go to the V8. Buick of all has it right. They build the best V6 line of all the american car companies. Ford is right there but again marketing sux there commercials suck and general loathing and miscalculations will cause them great grief for the next few years.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: Here we go Again with Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
I disagree the quailty of their cars does not suck Ford and GM build good cars. Ford screwed up with styling simple because they had the #1 car Taurus and SUV Explorer and Now Chevy Malibu and Trailblazer took those spots. It is more a marketing thing. People are under the assumption japanese cars are better. The fact is frequncy of repair is quite close. The biggest problem is Fuel economy. People want good mileage but also good power and that is where the US fails. For power we go to the V8. Buick of all has it right. They build the best V6 line of all the american car companies. Ford is right there but again marketing sux there commercials suck and general loathing and miscalculations will cause them great grief for the next few years.
I dunno corey ive taken apart taurus's/sables and other fords alike and Mercury mini vans/SUVs and they are seriously put together CHEAP. Fact is american engines can barely make it past 130K compare to a Toyota camry which are put together a bit better and have motors that last well beyond the 200K mark

you cant beat that for the price.

You are right though right is the fuel economy wars and the imports are winning it hands down with that Yaris, or that new nissan thing whatever the hell it is. Hell those SMarrt Cars are becoming a huge hit
But if your saying its marketing then guess what those Import guys know how to market the right crowds cause their quit domainating at the moment
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 12:59 PM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Here we go Again with Ford

I don't know man, my Niche vehicle is put together pretty ****tily. Hood lines suck, dash gaps out of wack/crooked, panels scratched on delivery, wheels gouged...I could see it on a high output car like the V6 or what not, but when it is the cream of your mustang crop, it should be put together right.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Here we go Again with Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
I dunno corey ive taken apart taurus's/sables and other fords alike and Mercury mini vans/SUVs and they are seriously put together CHEAP. Fact is american engines can barely make it past 130K compare to a Toyota camry which are put together a bit better and have motors that last well beyond the 200K mark

you cant beat that for the price.

You are right though right is the fuel economy wars and the imports are winning it hands down with that Yaris, or that new nissan thing whatever the hell it is. Hell those SMarrt Cars are becoming a huge hit
But if your saying its marketing then guess what those Import guys know how to market the right crowds cause their quit domainating at the moment
Once again American car companies are faced with the exact problems of to 70's . BIG VEHICLES. We did not learn. We built the huge SUV's and Truck's selling them like hot cakes not worrying about regular car sales. They did not have enough foresight to see the train wreck coming and now they pay the price. Playing catch up to the japanese is difficult when they are good at what they do!!!!

Here is what blows me away. The Mustang is selling good for them but WHY DID THEY MAKE IT SO FAT!!! If they had used the engine they are currently using and put it in a body that weights around 2800 to 3000 pounds it would not only scream down the road it would get a few more miles to the gallon.

Fat Fat Fat americans absorbed with SUPER SIZE but they dont like the SUPER SIZED FUEL COST. Enter the japanese with great mileage cars and now Ford is going down the SUPER SIZED DRAIN!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: Here we go Again with Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Once again American car companies are faced with the exact problems of to 70's . BIG VEHICLES. We did not learn. We built the huge SUV's and Truck's selling them like hot cakes not worrying about regular car sales. They did not have enough foresight to see the train wreck coming and now they pay the price. Playing catch up to the japanese is difficult when they are good at what they do!!!!

Here is what blows me away. The Mustang is selling good for them but WHY DID THEY MAKE IT SO FAT!!! If they just use the engine they are currently using and put it in a body that weights around 2800 to 3000 pounds it would not only scream down the road it would get a few more miles to the gallon.

Fat Fat FAt americans absorbed with SUPER SIZE but they dont like the SUPER SIZED FUEL COST. Enter the japanese with great mileage cars and now Ford is going down the SUPER SIZED DRAIN!!!

makes plenty of sense to me
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:46 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Herbstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,932
Re: Here we go Again with Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
I disagree the quailty of their cars does not suck Ford and GM build good cars. Ford screwed up with styling simple because they had the #1 car Taurus and SUV Explorer and Now Chevy Malibu and Trailblazer took those spots. It is more a marketing thing. People are under the assumption japanese cars are better. The fact is frequncy of repair is quite close. The biggest problem is Fuel economy. People want good mileage but also good power and that is where the US fails. For power we go to the V8. Buick of all has it right. They build the best V6 line of all the american car companies. Ford is right there but again marketing sux there commercials suck and general loathing and miscalculations will cause them great grief for the next few years.
You are so right about the Buick Grand National 3.8L SFI Turbo V6
__________________

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:26 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.