JackAss II - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2006, 01:00 PM   #36
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: JackAss II

Id tell anyone that told me Im getting dumber to screw off, nothing personal its just how I am. I dont really take kindly to people insulting me for whatever reason. And who said Ill be paying? They're playing the movie at our student union, and that costs me nothing beyond my campus fees that I have to pay anyway. Ill see the movie, you wont, and somehow Ill get dumber because Ill et a few laughs out of it.
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-24-2006, 01:06 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
Id tell anyone that told me Im getting dumber to screw off, nothing personal its just how I am. I dont really take kindly to people insulting me for whatever reason. And who said Ill be paying? They're playing the movie at our student union, and that costs me nothing beyond my campus fees that I have to pay anyway. Ill see the movie, you wont, and somehow Ill get dumber because Ill et a few laughs out of it.
Dude you are my friend and if I cant tell you how I feel then who can I????

You know most of what I post like this is me ranting and having fun. Yes I do believe what I write but I dont want anyone to take it personal. I dont mind being told **** off if it is in fun. My friends tell me all the time when I am hammering them in fun.

Actually I will watch the movie when it is free or basically free as to not spend my hard earned money making them rich.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:18 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Pop Culture has never dumbed America. There is a difference between culture and ignorance.
I honestly can't think of anything you've ever said that I disagree with more than this.

Pop culture is exactly what is dumbing America. I see what you are trying to say, that stuff like this isn't really "pop culture" because you don't consider it to be very "cultural" at all.

Unfortunately... it is. That's the bad part. The idea of what culture is has been changing pretty rapidly over the past 50 years or so. With TV, the Internet, movies, etc... things are a lot different now than they were. Our pop culture is what will define our society in history. Years from now, it is what will be remembered by. It's pretty ****ing sad too.

We won't be remembered for some of the decent authors, musicians and artists of our time. We will be remembered for MTV, Survivor, Jackass, Britney Spears, Fifty Cent and all the other stupid **** that everyone buys up these days.

Reminds me of a song...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool - Stinkfist
Something has to change.
Undeniable dilemma.
Boredom's not a burden
Anyone should bear.
Constant over stimu-lation numbs me
And I wouldn't have it any other way.

It's not enough. I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I don't want it. I just need it.
To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive.

Finger deep within the borderline.
Show me that you love me and that we belong together.
Relax, turn around and take my hand.

I can help you change
Tired moments into pleasure.
Say the word and we'll be
Well upon our way.
Blend and balance
Pain and comfort
Deep within you
Till you will not have me any other way.

It's not enough.
I need more.
Nothing seems to satisfy.
I don't want it.
I just need it.
To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive.

Knuckle deep inside the borderline.
This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to.
Relax. Slip away.

Something kinda sad about
the way that things have come to be.
Desensitized to everything.
What became of subtlety?

How can it mean anything to me
If I really don't feel anything at all?
I'll keep digging till I feel something.

Elbow deep inside the borderline.
Show me that you love me and that we belong together.
Shoulder deep within the borderline.
Relax. Turn around and take my hand.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-24-2006, 01:22 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I honestly can't think of anything you've ever said that I disagree with more than this.

Pop culture is exactly what is dumbing America. I see what you are trying to say, that stuff like this isn't really "pop culture" because you don't consider it to be very "cultural" at all.

Unfortunately... it is. That's the bad part. The idea of what culture is has been changing pretty rapidly over the past 50 years or so. With TV, the Internet, movies, etc... things are a lot different now than they were. Our pop culture is what will define our society in history. Years from now, it is what will be remembered by. It's pretty ****ing sad too.

We won't be remembered for some of the decent authors, musicians and artists of our time. We will be remembered for MTV, Survivor, Jackass, Britney Spears, Fifty Cent and all the other stupid **** that everyone buys up these days.

Reminds me of a song...
I hear what you are saying. This whole Dumber movement could well be added to our culture, that is for history to decide but right now I consider it anti-culture because it goes against all that is decent in human beings.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Pop Culture has never dumbed America.
It's pop music that dumbs America
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:03 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
It's pop music that dumbs America
That could be broken down further to Boy bands
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
There are movies that are not good and you feel like you wasted your money

There are wastes of money they try to pass off as movies and Jackass is one of those.
thats an opinion. i find jackass very entertaining.

its different. its unpredictable. its funny.

i wouldnt call it a movie.. i would call it a few hours of degrading, random, and borderline crazy fools doing anything for a laugh.

ive seen comedies, action movies, horror movies, etc that were MOVIES but forgot the point.. to be entertaining.

jackass focuses on just being entertaining and forgets about the whole movie thing.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:33 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
thats an opinion. i find jackass very entertaining.

its different. its unpredictable. its funny.

i wouldnt call it a movie.. i would call it a few hours of degrading, random, and borderline crazy fools doing anything for a laugh.

ive seen comedies, action movies, horror movies, etc that were MOVIES but forgot the point.. to be entertaining.

jackass focuses on just being entertaining and forgets about the whole movie thing.
But that is on the Jackass show on MTV. Why pay good money. But that is my opinion. As you said degrading, random, borderline crazy fools being made into millionaires!!!

I saw one of the jackass tards on the show that was co stared on the man show. He does the Lance commercials and the dude was an idiot and they had to stop the interview. The guy from the man show said on air he was going to kick the guys ***.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:40 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
That could be broken down further to Boy bands
very true
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:53 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
But that is on the Jackass show on MTV. Why pay good money. But that is my opinion. As you said degrading, random, borderline crazy fools being made into millionaires!!!

I saw one of the jackass tards on the show that was co stared on the man show. He does the Lance commercials and the dude was an idiot and they had to stop the interview. The guy from the man show said on air he was going to kick the guys ***.
yeah.. i saw that too. he was on drugs or something.

also, its probably good for the economy that we are making normal people millionaires. instead of buying millionaire type things they will just buy random **** which is essentially good for the economy. aka instead of buying champagne, the 40 oz beer industry will flourish haha. we make millionaires everyday.. how many times have my parents called me telling me to play the lottery because its 200+ million dollars. then some trailer park trash guy wins it, or someone really old, or lucy from a deli wins it. i wonder what tom cruise does with his money? compare that to a regular joe. very different spending.

its a scattered arguement but i hope i got my point across. im battling a bit of a hangover lol.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:59 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
But that is on the Jackass show on MTV. Why pay good money.
cause you get to see stunts that would never make it onto TV.

i dont think anyone left the theatres feeling or acting any dumber, probably left thinking "God Damn, im glad im not that bored with life".
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:45 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
I say if all the people who really enjoy Jackass or people getting hurt left the country 75% of this nations problems would be gone but that is my opinion. I watched American funniest videos. But those are normal people at home not making millions off the Lower IQ of the general public like the dumb retarded disgusting hicks on Jackass.

But again just my opinion.


Come on Seph you known me long enough to know not to take me seriously about stuff like this!!!!
lol I know, I took it too seriously Sorry
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 02:24 AM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: JackAss II

Okay! Just got back from seeing it, I thought it was awsome. Definitely very ****in funny, but I think I laughed harder in the first movie. This definitely brought it to another level though
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:13 AM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
cause you get to see stunts that would never make it onto TV.

i dont think anyone left the theatres feeling or acting any dumber, probably left thinking "God Damn, im glad im not that bored with life".
But how would you know your were not dumber. Can it be gauged. I say sitting at a jackass movie kills off brain cells double the rate of sitting on the couch eating pretzels watching reruns of baywatch.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:22 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: JackAss II

as long as there are stupid people there will be stupid things to amuse them.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 03:59 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: JackAss II

People doing stupid things = funny because it isn't happening to you
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
People doing stupid things = funny because it isn't happening to you
+1

you guys all need to chillax man. everybody finds their own way of making money and if doing stupid **** like then whatever who cares if you dont like it dont invest time/money into at all.

Thats just my 2 worthless cents
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:21 AM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
But how would you know your were not dumber. Can it be gauged.
so you just proved that since you do not know if it could be gauged or not your whole argument is moot!

btw you need to make a new sig. its been re-pasted so many times and been so degraded and pixellated it looks like it was made on MSpaint.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:15 AM   #54
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: JackAss II

we had him a nice sig with snakes all over his car, i was awsome but he wouldnt use it.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
+1

you guys all need to chillax man. everybody finds their own way of making money and if doing stupid **** like then whatever who cares if you dont like it dont invest time/money into at all.

Thats just my 2 worthless cents
chillax???? OK Ebonics boy enough of the destruction of the english language. I spoke my mind about retards and you guys making them rich.

It is not my money, time or investment and I am happy for that. Like minds stick t0gether so you and Jackass are a perfectpartners
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:23 AM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
we had him a nice sig with snakes all over his car, i was awsome but he wouldnt use it.
That was the worse sig on earth. I would rather have killer bee's attack me than put that sig up.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:44 AM   #57
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: JackAss II

beauty is in the eye of the... bbunt302 I guess as he was the one that made it.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
chillax???? OK Ebonics boy enough of the destruction of the english language. I spoke my mind about retards and you guys making them rich.

It is not my money, time or investment and I am happy for that. Like minds stick t0gether so you and Jackass are a perfectpartners
the reality is your just getting old...obviously your generation isnt gonna think this is funny. just get over it and yes CHILLAX 0mg0sh3rsn0t!!!th33b0n1cs???!
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
the reality is your just getting old...obviously your generation isnt gonna think this is funny. just get over it and yes CHILLAX 0mg0sh3rsn0t!!!th33b0n1cs???!
The whole old thing is old. It is people my age and older who produce, direct and market this stuff and run the entertainment industry. Old has nothing to do with it. There are many people your age that think it is retarded and there are plenty of old people who watch jackass, WWF, WEW, and all the retared reality shows. So dont bring up my age. It is about being decent and the fact I am not a fans of people who are morons, act like morons and get paid millions to be and act like morons.

I am here with many young people. I listen to the same music and have the same interest as most of you. I recently went to a Hinder, Chevelle, Hoobastank, Nickelback Concert. This is not 3.8 being run by 16 year old kids so you can leave the age crap out of it. Oh and while I am at it, talking like you are ghetto cool is rather annoying and absurd. The english language has actual words created for intelligent communiction and a mark of intelligence is actually using language correctly. NEXT!!!




OK
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: JackAss II

so seriously since when did watching and listening to certain things make you who you are?

Its just ENTERTAINMENT corey i really believe you are reading way to much into this then when your suppuse to. We all know this isnt gonna last forever so why be so *****y about it. and yes people that are in and around your age do market this and guess what their making their money too. so who cares.

every generation theres something from the Zepplin acid years of psydelic shows on tv to the days of buzz tv and herion....just happen to be the era of stupid **** stupid reality...next generation there will be something else

you act like this is only happening in this generation only. open your eyes man this is old news
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:19 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
so seriously since when did watching and listening to certain things make you who you are?

Its just ENTERTAINMENT corey i really believe you are reading way to much into this then when your suppuse to. We all know this isnt gonna last forever so why be so *****y about it. and yes people that are in and around your age do market this and guess what their making their money too. so who cares.

every generation theres something from the Zepplin acid years of psydelic shows on tv to the days of buzz tv and herion....just happen to be the era of stupid **** stupid reality...next generation there will be something else

you act like this is only happening in this generation only. open your eyes man this is old news
You keep bringing up age and age has nothing to do with it. it is about taste. I know people in there 50's and 60's who watch jackass.

Now saying this over the last 30 years something has changed. The age when people start have active sex, The increasing birth rate of unwed teenage mothers, The increasing numbers of people dropping out of Highschool, The highest in the western world, The alarming rate of pre-teens responsible for murder, These are all recent phenomenons in our society. We live is a era of people who are no longer decent or even care to be. Americans have always had different politics but we came together as a nation but now it has change it is like we have 2 America's now and one will not work with the other. We have become polarized as a nation not to be able to fix anything. So is this new ground, No Jackass is just a evolution of the WWF wrestling phenom with a reality twist. Old people Young people are all in it. People who produce it are out to make money and they are not kids they mostly older than me making the decisions what you watch. YOu decide what you are going to watch of the crap they put out.

So again age is moot. So just say you like it and move on. I dont and I can live with it and save my money things I like to do and sitting thru jackass is not one of them

NEXT
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:25 PM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
The whole old thing is old. It is people my age and older who produce, direct and market this stuff and run the entertainment industry. Old has nothing to do with it. There are many people your age that think it is retarded and there are plenty of old people who watch jackass, WWF, WEW, and all the retared reality shows. So dont bring up my age. It is about being decent and the fact I am not a fans of people who are morons, act like morons and get paid millions to be and act like morons.

I am here with many young people. I listen to the same music and have the same interest as most of you. I recently went to a Hinder, Chevelle, Hoobastank, Nickelback Concert. This is not 3.8 being run by 16 year old kids so you can leave the age crap out of it. Oh and while I am at it, talking like you are ghetto cool is rather annoying and absurd. The english language has actual words created for intelligent communiction and a mark of intelligence is actually using language correctly. NEXT!!!




OK
"I recently when to a Hinder, Chevelle, Hoobastank, Nickelback Concert."

should be went

"...taking like you are ghetto..."

should be talking

and then you say "The english language has actual words created for intelligent communiction and a mark of intelligence is actually using language correctly"

haha, im not insulting you.. i just found it humorous. i usually never pull a grammar police type post because i purposely don't capitalize and use internet slang but the irony of your post was just asking to be pointed out haha.

the way i think of it is that jackass are modern day clowns. has anyone ever told you that if you like clowns or go to the circus that you are stupid and giving the money to stupid people? nah, they are just entertainers. you pay them (in my case only 1 dollar) to laugh. not everyone likes clowns, but some do. thats just the way it is. some people like jackass (like you said) and others dont. for those who like jackass, they are all willing to pay a certain amount of money to see them. there are some people who like jackass but wont see the money because of the movie theatre and vice versa. some are willing to pay 1 dollar.. some 5.. some 10.. some all the money in the world. does this categorize them in any matter? no. its simply just entertainment which some people enjoy.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: JackAss II

so let me get this straight you are saying that all these new preteen births and all those other examples are due to tv shows? or are you saying pop culture in general is turning people into this.

Im not bring age im bring generations of TV into aspect. This isnt a new subject. there have been far worsed influenced tv then just jackass.

I just dont get how you twist the WWE/Jackass era into what society is today. to me that doesnt make sense. I can agree it does influence people. but it doesnt create the society

im just trying to figure out where exactly your coming from with this.
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:28 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
so let me get this straight you are saying that all these new preteen births and all those other examples are due to tv shows? or are you saying pop culture in general is turning people into this.
No I am saying just the opposite. Because of the attitude of the uneducated we have entered a level of stupidity on the TV. If nobody watched it they would not be around long. TV always follows the trends of the lowest common denominator. Wealhty educated people typically dont watch the level of TV middle income and poor do. Wealthy actually are doing the things people only dream they can do or watch how they live on TV. There is a reason the TV is called the BoobTube and now we have BOOB Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
Im not bring age im bring generations of TV into aspect. This isnt a new subject. there have been far worsed influenced tv then just jackass.
I never said Jackass was the worse influence but it is bad enough to influence dumb *** copycast to try this dumb *** stuff they saw on TV and get hurt. I know you have seen the reports in the news on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
I just dont get how you twist the WWE/Jackass era into what society is today. to me that doesnt make sense. I can agree it does influence people. but it doesnt create the society.
It is all targeted to the same audience. You need to read the Nielsen ratings studies and the demographics of the average TV viewer and how the Networks look at the education level of watchers and taylor the shows to them. Society creates the entertainment


Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
im just trying to figure out where exactly your coming from with this.
I think I have shown you where I am coming from now!!!

Hey I am not arguing with you cause I dont like you. I think this is good debate on Society as a whole!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: JackAss II

*
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:48 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Hey I am not arguing with you cause I dont like you. I think this is good debate on Society as a whole!!!
I gotcha. I know it was just a debate i was just wondering more indepth on where you were coming wit this.

makes sense though i like to be that small % that watches it for only entertainment purposes.
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:52 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
not sure the purpose of your last post but if you didn't notice i said im not one to judge people for their grammar because i do not believe the way a person types online reflects his own intelligence. you were the one that said it and i just pointed out the inconsistencies behind your statement. i wasn't serious about it. sure i dont capitalize and occasionally i dont use correct grammar on the internet, but that doesn't mean im unintelligent.
Last post??? It is OK I dont mind you pointing out my misspellings and I dont gig people on grammer because I think they are ignorant or not intelligent!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 06:36 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: JackAss II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Last post??? It is OK I dont mind you pointing out my misspellings and I dont gig people on grammer because I think they are ignorant or not intelligent!!!
there was a glitch or something.. you posted just a quote of my last posting and i was unsure of the meaning. it fixed itself though.. im going to take down my last post.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 AM   #69
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: JackAss II

So I guess we're the retards of America because when we drive around drunk and get caught there's actually a charge now?

I guess back in the days of your mullet mobile's since there was no "DUI" charge it didnt make you a ****ing ****** for rollin around in your z28 after throwing back 18 beers and 6 shots of goldschlaugger in a night. Oh yeah, us "GENERATION X's" are the only morons in this world.


**** that.
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 01:32 AM   #70
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: JackAss II

America has been going down hill since the late 60's. This is not recent
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jackass Old People tribute *WW* Seph The Bar 4 07-15-2008 09:37 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



02:13 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.