Detailed the car yesterday - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-24-2006, 03:37 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Detailed the car yesterday

OMG now I remember why it is such a pain in the ***. Wash, claybar, polish and wax with Zymol. Damn the hardest part is getting all the wax out of every nook and cranny. I mean damn the places you have to get the wax out of. I will also say the mustang emblem on the front has tiny sharp feet that cut my index finger 3 times. I was so made I almost had a emblem with no legs on it
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-24-2006, 05:10 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
meteorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,347
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

i just got my car back today, after not driving for a month, and my parents had it parked under a TREE grrrrr so much stuff on it, ended up having to carwash it just to get the gunk off of it
__________________
In God We Trust. All Others Checked NCIC.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:11 PM   #3
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

I also detailed my car


She looks sooo purty, I might go take some pictures tonight when the sun starts setting.
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

Oh hell double punishment I just got finished washing, claybaring, Polishing and waxing my wifes black 626. I am whooped. I would take pictures but I dont want to walk back downstairs and take pictures. I would rather take a shower and have a few shots of Goldschlauger BY GOD

Take some pic Zim and let us see the beauty of the COBRA
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
i just got my car back today, after not driving for a month, and my parents had it parked under a TREE grrrrr so much stuff on it, ended up having to carwash it just to get the gunk off of it
Tree sap sucks to no end. When I had My 78 Z-28 yeas ago my dad borrowed it one day to feel the power and instead of parking it in the carport he parked it under a pinetree and a Hickory tree. I was out of town for a week and everywhere the hickory sap left tiny droplets it turned my Red Z-28 purple. Oh I was pissed
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:41 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
meteorachick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,347
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Tree sap sucks to no end. When I had My 78 Z-28 yeas ago my dad borrowed it one day to feel the power and instead of parking it in the carport he parked it under a pinetree and a Hickory tree. I was out of town for a week and everywhere the hickory sap left tiny droplets it turned my Red Z-28 purple. Oh I was pissed

yeah i didn't see any spots or anything on my car, but it also started raining here after i got it washed, but i couldn't let it go without cleaning at all, maybe i'll get some pics of it tomorrow--but god it felt great to drive again
__________________
In God We Trust. All Others Checked NCIC.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
ridenmystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Region: Georgia
Posts: 482
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

Man do you guys have Love bugs in your area?? I went to a family reunion today about and hour away from here and the whole entire front of my bf truck what so disgusting with bug guts. You couldnt hardley even see out of the windsheild.
__________________



One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenmystang View Post
Man do you guys have Love bugs in your area?? I went to a family reunion today about and hour away from here and the whole entire front of my bf truck what so disgusting with bug guts. You couldnt hardley even see out of the windsheild.
Not up here like the Gulf coast I was raised in Mobile and every year it was bad I was going down a country road one day and there were millions. it was so thick it was like a black cloud in the road. People stop and took pictures. You could not see the road beyond them.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

They were all over Valdosta.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
ridenmystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Region: Georgia
Posts: 482
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

It sounded like rain hitting the windsheild when we were driving. Ewwww It was so sick.
__________________



One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:56 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Not up here like the Gulf coast I was raised in Mobile and every year it was bad I was going down a country road one day and there were millions. it was so thick it was like a black cloud in the road. People stop and took pictures. You could not see the road beyond them.
Do you know the area of Bay Minette very well? I ahve a buddy that lives there...
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:52 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
OMG now I remember why it is such a pain in the ***. Wash, claybar, polish and wax with Zymol. Damn the hardest part is getting all the wax out of every nook and cranny. I mean damn the places you have to get the wax out of.
i switched to Meguiars NXT from Zymol. the residue is clear, so you dont have to really fret it if you cant get it out of a tight spot.

btw what polish did you use?
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:07 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Do you know the area of Bay Minette very well? I ahve a buddy that lives there...
Yes spent a lot of time there years ago when my friends went to Faulkner State College
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:13 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
i switched to Meguiars NXT from Zymol. the residue is clear, so you dont have to really fret it if you cant get it out of a tight spot.

btw what polish did you use?
Washed the car with Dawn

Claybar with Meguiar's Smooth Surface™ Clay Kit

Meguiar's Deep Crystal polish

Zymol wax

Mirror Glaze Plastic Cleaner and Polish

This was the first time using Zymol I have used Meguiar's Gold Classic for years
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:31 PM   #15
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

what is this detailing you speak of??? the only time the jeep gets a wash is when it rains!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:19 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
what is this detailing you speak of??? the only time the jeep gets a wash is when it rains!
Damn you are a nasty jeep owner. After every day of Bo Hogging with my 4 wheel drives I would at the very least take it to a U wash It place and pressurer wash the caked on stuff off.

You are a neanderthal!!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

I dont have to worry about getting wax our of little cracks I also dont let sap sit on my car for more than a day (or less) same with bugs but sometimes I have no choice so keeping that protection up still makes it come off easy. In the end it may have taken a lot of time but it will be worth it.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #18
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: Detailed the car yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Damn you are a nasty jeep owner. After every day of Bo Hogging with my 4 wheel drives I would at the very least take it to a U wash It place and pressurer wash the caked on stuff off.

You are a neanderthal!!!!
oh i do that, for sure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some pics of my car from yesterday SpectorV Pictures and Videos 8 07-14-2008 12:41 PM
detailed my car meteorachick Pictures and Videos 20 04-04-2006 12:07 AM
Detailed the car and took some pics. mohrnormal Pictures and Videos 11 04-24-2005 12:21 PM
Dynoed the car yesterday ComputerGuy The Bar 6 12-05-2004 04:14 PM
Had my car tuned yesterday Monkey The Bar 6 05-25-2004 12:39 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



07:38 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.