Video Game Crash? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Video Game Crash?

Life After the Video Game Crash

i never really thought about it, but kinda makes sense!

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Re: Video Game Crash?

Some of it makes sense, but I've been playing FPS games since.. hell, I think Junior High. Things have improved and gotten better, you know what will keep the game industry alive?

People with imagination.

People with creativity.

Otherwise idiots who sit there at a board meeting will be discussing another horrible spin off.

Sonic pinball ring a bell? Or even Pacman racers.. there's so many horrible games out there that only a few make it into gamer's hearts.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:31 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

dude i love Sonic Spinball. it became easy after you learn the timing of the flippers, you could shoot that little blue bastard anywhere. i have every Sonic title till they made Sonic3D(that was retarded), basically all the classic fast paced side scrollers that made the game badass. remember Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine? i got that too.

i wish Gamefly or whatever online game thingy worked(wont run on XP x64, says i need to be logged in as admin to install, hello, im the architect for petes sake, condordedly, ergo, vis a vis), i miss my old Sega titles(desert strike, SubTerrania, i could go on forever)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2006, 01:11 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

I think the next step everyone is taking is more realism. What happens when we achieve it? Then what? The only thing I could think of is getting into VR. (Virtual Reality)

I'm not sure how it'll work out, and I'm sure it'll be expensive, but I think it'll be the next big step. And I think people would be willing to pay for it. Why? We are the people who grew up with Nintendo and then Sega, to Super NES etc with all that stuff. We love how things evolved from pixels to something more.

And with the kids we'll have or already do have, they are obsessed with gaming as much as we are. Probably even more. So there you have it really. I'll keep playing games for as long as I can still function using a controller.

Damn it guys, imagine playing a game like WoW or SWAT in VR. I'm not sure how it'd work, but I sorta have an idea. Maybe something like a room dedicated to this one console. The entire room empty and it would be your area to run around in and such. I think it'd be badass.

That is.. once all the graphics look badass.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:56 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

nah, the experience will always be limited by physical input devices like controllers.

i think within 50 years we will develop a nerual interface that will overthrow everything we have known for the past 100 years. imagine turning on a small box, sitting down, putting a headpiece(something that probably resembles a older earphone headset with nerual transeivers on each side) and closing your eyes and being inside a game. you can do whatever you like because your brain is the main processor(IE if you want to pick up a gun and blow holes in the wall, you can do so, and it will look real because your brain knows what holes in the wall shot by a gun looks like), the game is just a "guide and rule-book" and/or a storyline that you must follow. to exit or pause, simply open your eyes. and it would feel real as well, because like the matrix, the brain makes it real. you get punched in the face, and it hurts. you get shot, it hurts more, though if you die in the game, the game sends a signal to your brain which violently jolts you and opens your eyes.

imagine thinking of writing an essay and the thoughts you come up with are instantly arranged in perfect order, grammar and spelling. imagine creating a excel spreadsheet program within minutes just by telling the computer by though what you want it to do.

imagine being 5 years old and knowing more than most 85 year olds, because no longer is school necessary because the information you need to learn by 18-22 years old is "burned" into your brain(though it would still take years for your brain to extrapolate and decipher it into useful information).

imagine chatrooms and forums where pure thought is all that is needed to communicate with others.

of course, like things today, these neural devices would need some form of "Firewall" to protect the user from getting bombarded by neural spam/spyware/malicious thoughts.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:55 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

I understand what you mean, but I don't think your brain could come up with complex things if you've never actually been in that situation before. It might be like a brain over load trying to come up with some much stuff, I dunno it sounds risky to mess with your brain ya know?

Imagine some sorta virus program that could actually kill you lol

I always had this idea for a movie.. tell me what ya think.

In the future, we will be so advanced that we could dream whatever we wanted to. We would be able to "plug in" and dream any situation we wanted to, then we could advance into actually communicating with one another as we dream. So you could either be in a group study with people from school or you could be getting more work done if you are working in a high maintence job you could contact others to get things done without having that darn 8 hours of sleep or less to do nothing but go unconcious.

We could even make our own world (I thought of this before CELL ever came out) so people could see your world through your eyes as they visit you.

I dunno, we'll see. It sounds like a fun idea, the movie wouldn't have any barriers. Do what you want, create any creature, become and do anything you want..

Old 09-28-2006, 01:09 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

honestly..

we need something new.

FPS clones, RTS clones, FFXXIII, etc..

he is absolutely right.. we need something not as repetitive that will make me go out and buy it.

the best game i bought in a long time was fight night 3 because it wasn't like any other game i played.

and honestly.. for that reason.. i think the nintendo wii will be the victor here: cheap and original.. not the same **** that comes out annually for every other console.

as for the future of gaming, i believe there will be online stuff... im guessing a big boom in the MMORPG market (WoW introduces them but its only a matter of time before they move onto another MMORPG).

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:15 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

That's what I'm saying, CREATIVITY AND IMAGINATION will continue to drive the Video Game Industry.

Old 09-28-2006, 04:20 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I say they need to start going backwards instead of forwards. Games these days suck. Developers are so focused on graphis, and AI, and networking... Somewhere along the way, they forgot how to make the games actually fun to play.

I miss Super Mario World... and Final Fantasy (1-7 rocked)... and Double Dragons... and so on and so forth. Those games were actually fun to play and kept me entertained for weeks to months.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar