I never had a problem with chevy until NOW - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-01-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Angry I never had a problem with chevy until NOW

OKay so last nite i took my '66 to a car show that some car club was putting on for a charity event. I was one of 4 fords there. Apparently the club putting the show on was majority chevy idiots. So the guy who judged my car took one look didn't even walk all the way around my f-ing car i was like "Hey how ya doing?" he just looked at me rolled his eyes and walked off to the ugliest like 78 camaro with these HIDEOUS orange stripes down the side and spent probably 15 minutes looking over that car. The Chevy truck behind us had 4 judges looking over every inch of the truck. Every single car that placed MINUS the Roush that was in the late model class was chevy. W-T-F. I have an original '66 mustang, you know how many f-ing SS this and SS that I see around? My boyfriends room mates have 4 f-ing SS camaros. Who the hell cares they are a dime a dozen, but original '66 mustangs with ORIGINAL 3 speed tranny? NO. I was f-ing pissed. Needless to say I never had a problem with chevy or the idiots that drive them...Now i do. Is it just me or are girls with nice cars a joke to guys? More and more guys have been ******** to me since i've started showing my '66. wtf.

My Friends On A Saturday Night After 6 Shots, 3 Martinis, 2 Pitchers of Beer :drinkbud: I love being the DD
Sexylil66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: I never had a problem with chevy until NOW

don't let it get to ya! ive been to so many shows where people have brought older cars, and judges walk right past them--especially shows where they are run by younger kids and they are all about the late models. now i have a late model v6, and i only show when i'm showing with my club (who wants to see a stock mustang? lol) BUT the advantaget to showing with other people is that you get more people on your side. You have an awesome looking car, if judges don't see that then the show wasn't worth going to. Stupid chevy guys, let them be biased, but they will never have a car as nice as the stang.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Over the years I have gone to so many shows where it is obvious who is sponsoring the even and who is going to win. I will enter every so often but I dont expect to win even when my V6 is modded looks better than many of the other cars. I actually was at a event at PepBoys once and they started to look in nmy engine bay and when someone said it was a V6 the 2 judges said "OH" and walked on but later that afternonn when I was about to leave I started my car and one of the judges who blew my car off was standing next to my car. He motioned to me and I rolled down my window and he said " I thought this was a V6" I smiled and almost drove over his foot. DUMB ASSES

Old 10-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

:pop2: I've noticed that most Ford people can look at a F-Body, Corvette, or other nice GM vechical, and say "Hey you got nice Trans Am, I like it." But a Chebby, or GM person won't ever admit that they like your Mustang, Lightning, etc, and always act like their **** is better than your.(Which we know isn't true) It doesn't matter if you have a bad *** Cobra with a Whipple on it, they'll tell you something like they know someone who has a Z06 with a Procharger on it, and that it will smoke that Cobra, but they'll never admit that you have a nice car.

At least this is what I've seen. :dunno:
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

As far as the old vs. young people at car shows... I've always seen the opposite. It seems like the older guys aren't willing to take two glances at a late model car. I know at the Founder's Day car show in Killen, all that ever won anything was the older cars. Even over SpectorV's car...

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

meh their chevy pride idiots. whatever let them go drive their mullet-mobiles they'll get theirs within time
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to 04MonteSS

I have no problem with Ford, being a Chevy owner myself. Hell I'm looking to get rid of my Monte because of all the crap that Chevy screwed up with it. I mean why the **** would you put the battery under the washing fluid container? Its just stupid.
Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression, but Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera - I'll kill you.
04MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

fu** those guys
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:36 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

i dont go to shows to win the trophyes they usually suck anyway, just let the tools be...
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Glad to see I am not the only person who people have been ******** too. Thanks for the support

My Friends On A Saturday Night After 6 Shots, 3 Martinis, 2 Pitchers of Beer :drinkbud: I love being the DD
Old 10-02-2006, 11:52 AM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I was a judge at a show where I jokingly said "Well, there's the winner" as a mint 66 fastback pulled up before the judging started. There were 14 cars in the class...and someone driving a Chevelle over heard my joke and *****ed to the head of the show (it was a show put on by my car club). Funny thing was, I voted a 100% original, amazingly clean, european 2 seater (forgot the type of car) as the winner. His Chevelle was just like the 50 others you see everywhere...this 2 seater was just perfect.

Buy yeah, the bowtie boys do have issues with the oval folks periodically. If the show is run by a chevy club, you are entering just for the sake of being in the show.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:35 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I see what you're saying. My mom gave me the choice of either show the car and not enjoy my car because i never get to drive it except to shows since we don't want to ruin the value in anyway, or i can enjoy it and have fun with it. But I am scared that if I do go out and drive it and enjoy it someone will mess with it, or it will get wrecked, I could name a million things that could happen that I am scared of. The car only has 33K original miles on it, its completely original so you can understand why i am scared to enjoy it.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
don't let it get to ya! ive been to so many shows where people have brought older cars, and judges walk right past them--especially shows where they are run by younger kids and they are all about the late models. now i have a late model v6, and i only show when i'm showing with my club (who wants to see a stock mustang? lol) BUT the advantaget to showing with other people is that you get more people on your side. You have an awesome looking car, if judges don't see that then the show wasn't worth going to. Stupid chevy guys, let them be biased, but they will never have a car as nice as the stang.
Thank you.

Old 10-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #14
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexylil66 View Post
I see what you're saying. My mom gave me the choice of either show the car and not enjoy my car because i never get to drive it except to shows since we don't want to ruin the value in anyway, or i can enjoy it and have fun with it. But I am scared that if I do go out and drive it and enjoy it someone will mess with it, or it will get wrecked, I could name a million things that could happen that I am scared of. The car only has 33K original miles on it, its completely original so you can understand why i am scared to enjoy it.
Well, in my opionion, cars were built to be driven. Why own a car if you can't enjoy what it was built for? I understand your concerns, but to me, its a risk I'd be willing to take. You have a beautiful machine, I would enjoy it every day if I could.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

well each unto there own for the chevy group well what can we say they show chevys and for the valuse I can understand keeping the miles down how many of us have fox bodys or see any with or well any cars that dont have over 33k I got a 05 SD with 34k and a 88 Bronco with 170K my stang looks likes its got a million hard miles.While I will give my mustang a bit of a beating once I get it rolling I would like to keep it and all its parts in one piece.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Well, in my opionion, cars were built to be driven. Why own a car if you can't enjoy what it was built for? I understand your concerns, but to me, its a risk I'd be willing to take. You have a beautiful machine, I would enjoy it every day if I could.
true, but something also has to be said about wanting to know you have a piece of americana forever, and would you risk that because some soccer mom who has no care for other peoples things rear ends or runs into it in her huge SUV and doesnt even stop to check it out because to her its just a car.

if i had a all originall 66 that was in that good of condition, id probably be thinking of long term storage. yes some cars are meant to be driven, most can be had for under 15k and make great commuters. others represent a time in american history where the automobile meant more than just "A to B" transportation, and should be saved for later generations as an example to "This is what america builds when it has pride" and then raise a focus and say "see kids, this is what america builds when it loses pride, gives in to political corectness and crumples in the face of import horse maneur"

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 10:25 PM   #17
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
true, but something also has to be said about wanting to know you have a piece of americana forever, and would you risk that because some soccer mom who has no care for other peoples things rear ends or runs into it in her huge SUV and doesnt even stop to check it out because to her its just a car.

if i had a all originall 66 that was in that good of condition, id probably be thinking of long term storage. yes some cars are meant to be driven, most can be had for under 15k and make great commuters. others represent a time in american history where the automobile meant more than just "A to B" transportation, and should be saved for later generations as an example to "This is what america builds when it has pride" and then raise a focus and say "see kids, this is what america builds when it loses pride, gives in to political corectness and crumples in the face of import horse maneur"
IMO there are already enough cars out there that are stored for long term. Me, I buy a car, I am going to drive it and enjoy it. But thats me. If I paid half a million for an all original so and so, you better damn well I am going to get my money's worth out if it driving it and enjoying it.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:30 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

there is a line between enjoying something and ragging it out. I love driving my car everyday but... I dont want to drive it in the rain (no fun for anyone... and it gets nasty) or driving it places and parking it where its not save or what not~ if you just put a little attention into upkeep and driving habbits you wont really be able to tell whats a garage queen and whats driving pretty regularly overall~ (unless you get really picky)
Old 10-03-2006, 11:05 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Drive it like you stole it. There's nothing wrong with driving hard and still keeping your car clean. I drive hard and still take care of my car. I knew a guy that had a 68 stang that was a daily driver. He drove it hard but that car was cherry and the engine purred. I partly agree with Nate, you can drive a car to enjoy and keep it looking sharp. Just drive faster than everyone else.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I would totally drive it like i stole it, but i just got my license back from being suspended from a speeding ticket. So i have to drive slow, which sucks but it is well well worth keeping my license.
Also I live probably 20 minutes outside of atlanta and I dunno if anyone has been here, the traffic is EVERYWHERE and it doesn't matter if it is 4 am or 4 pm there will be stop and go traffic, and people run up my *** ALL the time in my '00 mustang, another reason i am scared to take my car out. I will start driving it more, but it iwll probably be when there is hardly traffic, and it won't be far. oh and I won't leave it for longer than like ummm 5 minutes. kidding. Or am i? Anyways, I agree with everyone's opinion and i do want to enjoy my car very much and i looove driving my baby it is everyone elses neglegence or however you spell it I am really worried about.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:42 PM   #21
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexylil66 View Post
I would totally drive it like i stole it, but i just got my license back from being suspended from a speeding ticket. So i have to drive slow, which sucks but it is well well worth keeping my license.
Also I live probably 20 minutes outside of atlanta and I dunno if anyone has been here, the traffic is EVERYWHERE and it doesn't matter if it is 4 am or 4 pm there will be stop and go traffic, and people run up my *** ALL the time in my '00 mustang, another reason i am scared to take my car out. I will start driving it more, but it iwll probably be when there is hardly traffic, and it won't be far. oh and I won't leave it for longer than like ummm 5 minutes. kidding. Or am i? Anyways, I agree with everyone's opinion and i do want to enjoy my car very much and i looove driving my baby it is everyone elses neglegence or however you spell it I am really worried about.
I know ATL traffic well, I visit my cousin's frequently, they live over in Lawrenceville/Snellville area. Crazy, and Bham traffic is almost as bad.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

When I get a garage I can keep my car in, and find me a nice little DD gas saver, I will start being much more particular with my car. But right now, I dont see much point with it being kept outside in the elements.

Don't get me wrong, I dont think it has ever gone more than one week without being washed, it gets waxed and barred quarterly, underbody is cleaned, if I am gone for extended periods it gets covered, etc. But as far as going even more OCD with it than I already am, I wont do until I can keep it under better conditions.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:22 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

True, but once a car reaches a certian point there is NO bringing it back. You cant just give up for three years and then all the sudden decide to start taking care of it again, its to late. I dont see the whole driving fast mentality... going 80 feels like 70 to me~ whats the point....
Old 10-04-2006, 11:48 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
. I dont see the whole driving fast mentality... going 80 feels like 70 to me~ whats the point....
So you can stay away from all of the idiots that don't care about your car and don't know how to drive. At least that's my philosophy. But you are right, going 80 does feel like 70.... until you break 100.

I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:27 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
True, but once a car reaches a certian point there is NO bringing it back. You cant just give up for three years and then all the sudden decide to start taking care of it again, its to late. I dont see the whole driving fast mentality... going 80 feels like 70 to me~ whats the point....
I think the driving fast thing... its the superiority complex, and it's mostly with guys. I do it some, but like I said I can't really cut up at all anymore. And stump has a point, it will keep you away from the idiots behind you that aren't paying attention but it won't keep you from the speeding tickets.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:30 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

once you start letting them fall when it comes to oil changes tune ups ect its a bey bye I'm working on a Bronco now nothing have been done to it in the last five years and it keeps throwing codes...arrg
I belive you can run it hard and keep it nice you just have to know when to take it in or have some time to do it just do your interval at hafl the recomendation if you drive hard
Old 10-06-2006, 01:09 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
Drive it like you stole it. There's nothing wrong with driving hard and still keeping your car clean. I drive hard and still take care of my car. I knew a guy that had a 68 stang that was a daily driver. He drove it hard but that car was cherry and the engine purred. I partly agree with Nate, you can drive a car to enjoy and keep it looking sharp. Just drive faster than everyone else.
worst mentality evar.

the harder you drive it, the faster parts stress and break, and the faster it puts a hole in your pocket.

i had a thunderbird and beat the **** out of it, and it beat the **** out of me with repairs. apparently automatics dont like neutral drops :dunno:

i got a dsm, i babied it and it babied me, only time it was down was when i was modding it.

i have a GT, i drove it hard everyday to a point where it would make nicholas cage jealous, and now it rides like ****(maybe its just cause i got used to the cobra already), makes weird noises taking off, its slow(or again maybe im just used to the cobra now), is a rattletrap.

the cobra, i baby the **** out of it. i can count how many times ive actually driven agressive with it on one hand and still have 3 free fingers, maybe cause there is no need for that kind of power to be used on the street, maybe cause i feel i have no need to show off, maybe cause i dont want to have another piece of **** in a year.

sure you can keep the exterior and interior looking nice, but the harder you drive it, the harder it is on the driveline, motor, tranny, etc.

Old 10-06-2006, 01:11 AM   #28
Regular

Neutral Drops are the gayest thing ever. I hardly think by "Drive it hard" he meant do stupid ****

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:44 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
worst mentality evar.

the harder you drive it, the faster parts stress and break, and the faster it puts a hole in your pocket. sure you can keep the exterior and interior looking nice, but the harder you drive it, the harder it is on the driveline, motor, tranny, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Neutral Drops are the gayest thing ever. I hardly think by "Drive it hard" he meant do stupid crap
You're right to a degree. I don't do neutral drops, they are gay and detrimental to tranny and engine. The maintenance is always done before time and I don't kill it everytime I drive it. I've been driving like this for over 16years and never had a problem with my cars. And if I couldn't or wouldn't take care of my car properly, then I would be stupid to drive like that. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid.

And to give you an idea of what I used to drive, 1983 Chevy Monte Carlo. 305 with a 4 barrel Quadrajunk carb and now has over 200,000 miles and still runs like a champ. My brother has it now. Maintenance is the key my friend. Just maintain it right.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Neutral Drops are the gayest thing ever.
werd. its what my parents get for not letting me have a manual 5.0 mustang but would only settle on a auto 4.6l thunderbird instead.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar