Do you prefer military intervention in North Korea? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: Should the be a military intervention in North Korea?
Yes 3 30.00%
No 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:05 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Do you prefer military intervention in North Korea?

If you do, explain what you'd like to see done. If not, well, you can still say what you'd like to see done, if anything.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to at7311
Re: Do you prefer military intervention in North Korea?

I just heard this morning that Japan, China and U.S. have apparently taken air samples near or around NK and no radiation was detected. This is of course many days after the event took place. My question to the spongy minds of our forums; If any underground nuke test was succesfully executed how much radiation would actually enter the earth's atmosphere?

If a false call all together. Why in God's earth would they play such a dangerous game and threating other countries if they didn't actually have a nuke?

If they don't have a nuke why in the hell are they playing bluff? A diversion for the media's eye for another country...WTF?

Old 10-13-2006, 10:08 AM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by at7311 View Post
I just heard this morning that Japan, China and U.S. have apparently taken air samples near or around NK and no radiation was detected. This is of course many days after the event took place. My question to the spongy minds of our forums; If any underground nuke test was succesfully executed how much radiation would actually enter the earth's atmosphere?

If a false call all together. Why in God's earth would they play such a dangerous game and threating other countries if they didn't actually have a nuke?

If they don't have a nuke why in the hell are they playing bluff? A diversion for the media's eye for another country...WTF?

Because they want attention, they want to influence our elections, and they know that no one will do anything because they don't have the balls to do what needs to be done. The world is too PC these days. China won't do **** because NK is their creation....their child if you will. Europe won't do **** because they are just a bunch of pansies. We won't do **** because we are too affraid of upsetting europe...so in essance we are just a bunch of spinless pansies too.

As for the original post. No, I don't think we should do anything militarily against them. I think we should do a black ops type thing and just remove those that need removing and then be done. Once the attention whore is out of the picture, and a "normal" leader can be put in place, then this whole deal will be over.
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by at7311 View Post

even underground tests emit radiation that lingers for years. you can go on Google Earth and check out the hundreds of underground nuke sites in Nevada, and see the radiation levels there are still high above normal.

i believe that they tried to test a nuke, it failed (but even if they fail they still make a big boom and register on the richter scale), but theyre saying it was successful to put fear into the world and make the feeble believe their country is better than it really is. They are too stupid to think of the consequences of their actions and probably dont think we are able to double check so thoroughly to see if it really did happen. though nobody is gonna come out and call them out on it, because hell just get pissed off and make an even bigger nuke and do something stupid.

and remember, he has nothing to lose and everything to gain if we buy into his lies.

as far as US Military intervention, if it was really that big of a threat to us, most of them would already be 6 feet under. his missles cant reach hawaii accurately, let alone US mainland, sucks for china cause they can just catapult warheads over. though he has still yet to make a successful nuke, let alone stuff it into a launch worthy warhead on top of his taipeidong missle. even if he was successful in creating a nuclear device, hes still years away from a launchable one. remember it took us quite some time to go from testing a bomb to one that we could even drop from a plane, to ones we can launch from anywhere in the world, and we have millions upon millions to spend, he has nothing.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:43 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Very little radiation will show up with a deep underground test but there will be small residual at or near ground level. What is cool is you dont necessarily need air samples. The ground after such a even will show up on thermal imaging equipment. Since NK is getting cold fairly quick as winter approaches it would easily show up.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:54 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

no, not the united states at least.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:03 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Like I said before in another thread, you threaten to have big weapons, even if you don't, so no one will mess with you. NK wants everyone to think that they have it and are stupid enough to use it so everyone will say, "Okay, we'll leave you alone." They are hoping no one will call their bluff. As for the explosion, if you set off enough of any type of explosion underground, it will make the ground shake and register on the Richter scale. Too bad they can't get to the site to get samples of dirt. I am willing to bet that it will have levels of explosive material in it. But not nuclear. Welcome to Texas Hold Em, Can You Call My Bluff. I say we place economic sanctions against them so strong that the people will rise up and overthrow the government. Wreak havoc and let loose the dogs of war.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

im sure we could if we had imagination.

id retrofit a Harrier jump jet with a downward pointing soil sampling device. fly in, drop in low, stick it in the ground, by the time anyone hears or responds to a harrier in their back yard, the soil is already inside the plane and its hitting the afterburner back to china/whatever.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:52 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
im sure we could if we had imagination.

id retrofit a Harrier jump jet with a downward pointing soil sampling device. fly in, drop in low, stick it in the ground, by the time anyone hears or responds to a harrier in their back yard, the soil is already inside the plane and its hitting the afterburner back to china/whatever.
Just drop a mars rover type of device and anaylize the ground in several spots...could be a nice small r/c car type of thing...
Old 10-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Normally I'm all for war, but for some reason I don't see them as a threat at the moment.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I think someone needs to remove their President from power. I just think he's bad news.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Let's make it 3 for 3. Let's "liberate" them. :ar15:

1997 Cobra Convertible 1 of 3 made with Crystal White paint, white top, and Saddle cloth interior.

Rollinthundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I'm kinda iffy on this one. I prefer military intervention, but I just hope the US doesn't have to go into this one alone. We need strong backing with this one... and we should get it. But this is a ****ed up world, so who knows if we will or not?

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar