Iraq: the project that failed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Iraq: the project that failed

Iraq: the project that failed - Opinion - theage.com.au

What do you think?
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-19-2006, 01:24 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

****ing stupid.

yeah, "hope Syria and Iran clear up the mess", sounds like a great idea. That place will be more ****ed up with them than it was when Fudgepacking Saddam was in charge. we cannot leave until they have a working goverment and a stable military, if we leave prematurely, they are vulnerable to someone else taking over and turning it into another power hungry dictator****.

anyone who says we are failing listen to the wrong media. we are succeeding every day, Iraq becomes a better place to live for its citizens. its not easy setting up a working country from nothing, while defending it at the same time with no army of its own. anyone who thought it would be easy are ****ing retarded, you cant just point fingers and say "ok, youre going to be a governor, ok you over there, youre going to be in charge of money, hey hey you, man with the turbin, youre going to run the military." its not that simple.

how many years did it take for our founding fathers to create a working goverment? its alot easier to make a goverment out of/for a culture that doesnt exist yet (IE Starting from a clean slate), than transform a culture of poverty thats used to dictatorships all their life into one that resembles our own.

people who talk **** need to spend a day there and talk to the iraqi citizens.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
people who talk **** need to spend a day there and talk to the iraqi citizens.
I think you should.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-19-2006, 02:35 PM   #4
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
people who talk **** need to spend a day there and talk to the iraqi citizens.
I don't speak ALALALALALALALALALALALA
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:42 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

The reason the very wars that piece of **** paper listed were lost, is because of pieces of **** papers like that.

That's all there is to it. The dandyfied libs can't stand the confrontation or the fact that there is not a damn thing they can do about it, so they will slander all they can, and skew "facts" to suit their little "drive-by-media" tabloid specials like this one. I wouldn't even bother wiping my *** with that. So now they want to divide it up into smaller little confederacies? That sounds like the perfect way to triibalize that area EVEN MORE than it already is. Talk about more excuses for random bombings/killings/rapings/suicide missions.

Worthless.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:14 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

So the "war" in Iraq can be won by killing more people?

The country is ****ed. The country was ****ed before we got there, and it's still ****ed now. We can't un**** it. It will never be un****ed. We'll never get a government that's worth a damn proped up. We won't ever get the different factions there to stop killing each other.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
So the "war" in Iraq can be won by killing more people?

The country is ****ed. The country was ****ed before we got there, and it's still ****ed now. We can't un**** it. It will never be un****ed. We'll never get a government that's worth a damn proped up. We won't ever get the different factions there to stop killing each other.
I believe they will. Both sides want it to stop but it is payback each time a bomb goes off. Al Qaeda in Iraq started the bombing of both sides to get them into a civil war. The basic people of Iraq dont want this. If we want real peace there we have to commit to 300,000 troops and redeploy the armored devisions and AirForce and Navy assets to strike imediately at any flairup anywhere anytime. Night flights with predator and Global hawks attacks on any fehicle or people on open roads for no reason. Ban cars from major cities. We need enough troops to lock down the country and we have to mean it. caught with a gun and try to run, Troops shoot you, Drive a car and not stop immediately Shoot the car. We stopped to soon with the persecution of the war. We should have leveled the Sunni Triangle.

To leave and let Iran, Syria or Al Qaeda to set up shop there HELL NO!!!

Let Jordan set up there HELL YES!!! Jordan could be a bigger player than it is.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 03:29 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Ban cars from major cities. We need enough troops to lock down the country and we have to mean it. caught with a gun and try to run, Troops shoot you, Drive a car and not stop immediately Shoot the car.
You'd turn every citizen against you.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
You'd turn every citizen against you.
Better than anarchy.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Better than anarchy.
That's what it would be, though. You'd have an even more serious uprising as the general population felt you were imposing your will upon them. You'd have everyone against you, rather than whomever is against you now.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:30 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
That's what it would be, though. You'd have an even more serious uprising as the general population felt you were imposing your will upon them. You'd have everyone against you, rather than whomever is against you now.
So you smash the insurgents and you put a dose of fear into people who think they want to start something.

You do realize when we took control of Japan and Germany those people hated us but look at them now. Japan and Germany are 2 of the wealthiest country's in the world and viet nam who did not lose to us is dirt poor. Hummm!!! There is something to be said for losing to the US.

I could give a rats *** if they hate us if the bad guys are dead!!!!
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:37 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
So the "war" in Iraq can be won by killing more people?

The country is ****ed. The country was ****ed before we got there, and it's still ****ed now. We can't un**** it. It will never be un****ed. We'll never get a government that's worth a damn proped up. We won't ever get the different factions there to stop killing each other.
natural thinking of a closed minded democrat. your laziness to do nothing and sit around and poke at everyone elses work will be your parties downfall. if we all believe it wont happen, it wont happen.

im sure they said that about our forefathers as well, "Bah, theyll never create a country as good as us!"

whats even more ****ed is not even trying to un**** things, and to just sit on your *** and not even try. at least we can say we tried.

sadly the next president is going to pull us out by caving in to media pressure (cause he wont have any huevos to stand up for what he believes in, sad when we live in a time where a strong willed president is deemed a weak one), and Iraq will be taken over by probalby al quaeda, and in 10 years well be right back to square one. so we are going to have a war in iraq every 10 years, first it was Desert Storm in early 90's, now Iraqi Freedom in early 00's, and then who knows in the early 10's, but if we pull out, it WILL happen again.

IMO the only true way to secure them is to control their country completely, IE make Iraq an arm of america. then we can move over ****loads of people and troops, secure every roadway into and out of iraq, mine the whole border, and rebuild to our specifications.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:30 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
at7311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Region: Alabama
Posts: 221
Send a message via AIM to at7311
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

good stuff.

The last thing we need to do is cut and run. They started the **** years and years ago with us. Even before Dubya was put in office. Why stand down!? If we were to leave, that would give the American hating, radical muslim groups a chance to reform and bring the attack to us, killing maybe this time more than just 3000 Americans. If we keep the fight there they will focus on that area instead of the fight being on our on soil. That is all that President Bush is trying to do in the first place. Do you forget that we have been attacked in some way fasion or form from that group for years. Do you think they will stop...HELL NO! Need not forget that 12 million citizens in the Middle East voted for a free grovernment. Did we make them do that? NOPE! That is the first chance i've seen in my life time of the people of that country being able to speak out. If you were once of those 12 million...would you want the American troops to leave you high and dry to a radical dictatorship? Not me brotha! I would want to be liberated!

:patriot:
__________________
at7311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Why are we there trying to keep them from fighting? Just let 'em fight.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Region: Texas
Posts: 317
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

How about the opinion of **** it all and pull out our troops and turn there sand into glass?
__________________
~Roman~

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:12 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
How about the opinion of **** it all and pull out our troops and turn there sand into glass?
I prefer that as to what's going on there, now.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:58 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

One of the main reasons that we have not been allowed to just go in and absolutely crush, yea even obliterate, the opposition is because of the media. The media is already turning it's own country against itself (with papers like that). Back in WWI/WWII when we occupied, we occupied totally. Anyone who even batted an eyelash at us was dead before they could do it again. We crushed and humbled them. When they were utterly broke, we stepped abck in and aided them and rebuilt. It struck fear into them because for once we actually showed our true power to them and they cowered. The muslims read our newspapers, they watch CNN, they know what our media is doing and it gives them hope. I really don't think the public should be kept in the dark with something like a huge display of power against opposition there, but the media should NOT portray it as a aggressor act that had no warrant which is what they ahve and will continue to do. Sadly, I agree with Thomas, the next president will probably pull us out, we look like the dog with it's tail between it's legs and it will become open season on us once again. They will have a victory and have hope that even they can keep the "world's super power" on it's knees.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
The muslims...
Newsflash! Almost everyone in the country is muslim.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
****ing stupid.

yeah, "hope Syria and Iran clear up the mess", sounds like a great idea. That place will be more ****ed up with them than it was when Fudgepacking Saddam was in charge. we cannot leave until they have a working goverment and a stable military, if we leave prematurely, they are vulnerable to someone else taking over and turning it into another power hungry dictator****.

anyone who says we are failing listen to the wrong media. we are succeeding every day, Iraq becomes a better place to live for its citizens. its not easy setting up a working country from nothing, while defending it at the same time with no army of its own. anyone who thought it would be easy are ****ing retarded, you cant just point fingers and say "ok, youre going to be a governor, ok you over there, youre going to be in charge of money, hey hey you, man with the turbin, youre going to run the military." its not that simple.

how many years did it take for our founding fathers to create a working goverment? its alot easier to make a goverment out of/for a culture that doesnt exist yet (IE Starting from a clean slate), than transform a culture of poverty thats used to dictatorships all their life into one that resembles our own.

people who talk **** need to spend a day there and talk to the iraqi citizens.
from this statement i cannot believe you live in California

and i believe whole heartedly
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:07 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor View Post
from this statement i cannot believe you live in California

and i believe whole heartedly
im one of the few. i have to leave the room when political conversations start, im afraid ill get dumbed down by misinformation. its usually me and my Marine buddy that go to another room and just shake our heads.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:08 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
One of the main reasons that we have not been allowed to just go in and absolutely crush, yea even obliterate, the opposition is because of the media. The media is already turning it's own country against itself (with papers like that). Back in WWI/WWII when we occupied, we occupied totally. Anyone who even batted an eyelash at us was dead before they could do it again. We crushed and humbled them. When they were utterly broke, we stepped abck in and aided them and rebuilt. It struck fear into them because for once we actually showed our true power to them and they cowered. The muslims read our newspapers, they watch CNN, they know what our media is doing and it gives them hope. I really don't think the public should be kept in the dark with something like a huge display of power against opposition there, but the media should NOT portray it as a aggressor act that had no warrant which is what they ahve and will continue to do. Sadly, I agree with Thomas, the next president will probably pull us out, we look like the dog with it's tail between it's legs and it will become open season on us once again. They will have a victory and have hope that even they can keep the "world's super power" on it's knees.
+1.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:58 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Iraq: the project that failed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
Newsflash! Almost everyone in the country is muslim.
Extremists! I didn't think I had to say that
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soo...I failed. matthews.stang The Bar 18 04-24-2007 11:14 PM
Failed the gender test PureVenom The Bar 15 12-19-2006 11:03 AM
So my 89 failed inspection... MonteCitan The Bar 18 07-05-2005 11:51 PM
Emissions Test Failed robert0803 Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 03-04-2005 12:08 AM
Failed Emissioni.... What to do? Catalyt ??? NitrousGT 1996-2004 Mustang GT 15 07-27-2004 08:17 PM

» Members Mustangs

White

yazeedsh

Pearl

Weasla
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



05:55 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.