The Truth Has Been Spokenth - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-20-2006, 11:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The Truth Has Been Spokenth

:approve:

Quote:

David Buschur
President
Buschur Racing, Inc.

Well guys this is going to be a long one. Make sure you read it before you jump down my throat.

First off I have been racing now for, as much as I hate to admit it, 24 years. The entire Import Scene that started back in the late '80 and early '90's was freaking awesome. I have a ton of great memories from then. The racing scene was great. I have some videos and pictures that would make you laugh. You built a car, brought it to the track and raced it. It was fun, it was raw and it was crazy.

As time passed I built my AWD into a car that had a fuel cell, roll bar, 5 point harnesses and thought it was cool. I thought it was so cool that I built a back halfed DSM and took it to get chassis inspections and made sure it was legal, becuase then I thought I was the man with this car. I thought it was so cool I went really nuts and built a full tube chassis Eagle Talon and went through the same process again. I use to love to have it inspected at the track and IF there was in issue I'd be glad to have it taken care of. It was COOL!!

Well here I am today, I haven't competed in the "Import Racing" of today in about 5 years. I wrecked the tube chassis car, got sick of the corporate BS it took to go to the track and just quit. Until this weekend I didn't realize how bad the "Import Scene" had gotten. It is filled with a bunch of crying candy *** wimps with their panties in a bunch. Their cars are garbage and put together with crap. They all think they are Professional racers and car builders apparently. I'd value my Walmart bought riding mower higher than most of the crap I saw this weekend.

Here is what has me ticked off. We all went to NOPI this weekend. Looking to have some fun. Had no idea what any class any of our cars fit into. We did go knowing that the track officials or NOPI officials would probably kick all of our cars off the track for lack of safety equipment if they caught us. The black shop car for example has to have a parachute to legally run NOPI because if you exceed 150 mph it is mandatory you pull the chute. Well it doesn't have one and we probably aren't putting one on it, it doesn't need it, it stops fine.

My RS has no rollcage and neither does Jarrod's car, both are below the limit of needing one.

Anyway, we go through tech and ask which classes to run. They put my RS and Jarrod in Power Street and the black car in Turbo 4. They go through tech without a problem.

My car is the number 1 qualifier running a 10.15, 10.2 and 10.2. The next closest guy is 10.8. Jarrod was running 12's (as usual-haha) and then finally busted out a few 11.7's, then a few 11.4's ending with a best of 11.41@130mph on a 1.9 60foot. He was having traction issues all weekend with ALL 60' foots being 1.90-2.0. He was trying to get used to the new setup and launching the car.

Well one of these whiney little punks that were in our class went to the tech officials and whined about me not having a roll bar. I was not mad that I was being disqualified, I was mad that somone who had what they considered a "race car" but couldn't beat the car I drove to the track had to find a way to get rid of my car. Now consider the fact that my car as all the door beams, air bags, it has 8,000 miles on it, is absolutely perfect and compare that to the broken down pieces of crap that were there. These POS's that I looked at were in my opinion junk. Yes, they had a roll bar, some of the welds looked like they were done with bubble gum, they had 5 point harnesses too. But they were high mileage garbage. I can gaurantee you not as safe, stable or nearly as well put together as our cars. Who's is really safer? This worn out POS or a perfectly put together car with all the factory safety equipment? That I am sure is debateable. I can tell you I would not personally drive over half the cars in the class. Hell you'd have to pressure wash them out to get me to sit in them.

After this happened I got pissed off and decided I was going to start teching some cars and turning them in. It was a joke. No scatter shields, no driveshaft loops, illegal tires, non-certified roll cages, improperly mounted seat belts, no window nets. The list is huge. It was so huge I would venture to say any car in my class could have been thrown out for something being wrong if the cars were actually inspected like they should be for this "wannabe racer class".

It was very disapointing to me that a fellow racer would turn in another car for a "safety" issue. Now I could understand it if I was cheating by doing something that gave me a power advantage like NOS that wasn't legal, alcohol, slicks etc. To me if I choose not to have a rollbar in the car I drive my kid to school in then that is my problem and if I can slide by tech then good for me. My rollbar is not going to have any effect on someone else's safety in the class or how fast the car goes. I could put a legal bar in this car that would weight maybe 50 pounds, that won't even effect the times it runs.

The next day Jarrod was also protested, he went too fast by .08 seconds, as soon as he did some school girl went and told on him and he was also booted for no roll bar.

It ticked me off, needless to say. If this is what they consider Import Racing now you can keep it. I only wish I knew for sure who they crying babies were. I have my ideas but non of the poeple I confronted had the balls to admit it, such is fact of life. The world is filled with guys that don't have a set of balls.

IF by chance I am lucky enough that the guy (s) that protested Jarrod and myself read this............to you I say, I hope that your car burns to the ground. Whether or not you are in it when it happens, I could care less. The world is full of balless whiners, a few less wouldn't hurt a thing.

If you can't beat someone find a way to weazle your way out of racing them, that's always a good solution. You freaking ****** bags.

I took great pleasure in taking my protested car 25 miles up the road that night and getting a great steak dinner and then driving 35 miles back home in it. No trailer, number 1 qualifier and protested by some panty wastes all in one day, that is a good day!

To the rest of you, I had a great time this weekend and it was an absolute pleasure meeting everyone else!

David Buschur
President
Buschur Racing, Inc.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2006, 12:03 PM   #2
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Re: The Truth Has Been Spokenth

Amazing read. He is dead on. What a bunch of pansies.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

****ing awesome.

i read the whole ****ing crap on various forums last night. basically the honduh kids were pissed cause their crazy "Built Racecars" got spanked to hell and high water by a simple daily driven evo, so they used every rule they could to get him and other cars ousted out.

Buschar pwns.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2006, 12:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I admit it. I did it.

Haha J/k.

That was corny, sorry.

Oh Yes, Buschur Racing makes some bad *** EVO's.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Sounds like this guys a whiney ***** too.

He obviously knows the rules. Chose not to obey them hoping to slide.

He didn't.

Boohoo

Oh yeah, I back meaner than ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman View Post
Sounds like this guys a whiney ***** too.

He obviously knows the rules. Chose not to obey them hoping to slide.

He didn't.

Boohoo

Oh yeah, I back meaner than ever.
but he did slide, right past inspection and through many runs, all of which brought him to the top of the class, where someone at the track should have made sure with that much of a lead(1 second faster than anyone else) to check things out. they didnt.

so honduh whiney kids get pissed and whine to track officials that there must be some reason this streetcar is beating all their raced out honduh's. the simple fact he didnt have a cage was the only thing they came up with.

i just find it hilarous Buschars daily driver took out all these other shops full on racecars. he still drove his car away under its own power back home and parked it in his garage, they all had to hop back on the trailers back to the shop.

and he is right. alot of those ****tier cars NEED rollcages, because they were not designed for that. the Lancer was designed with rally in mind, its a very stiff chassis and can handle rollovers in stock form better than alot of things WITH a rollcage.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

His attitude about safety, and I quote:

"It was very disapointing to me that a fellow racer would turn in another car for a "safety" issue."

Says it all.

Safety stuff isn't there just for the driver of that car.

It's there for evryone who's at the race. The other racer, the spectators, the crew, etc. But hey when your attitude is "it's all about me" who cares about other people.

Of course it's just stupid safety stuff. If that's his attitude then he's just as stupid and whiney as the ricers he's whining about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:15 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

A slight correction on the thread title... It should read "The Truth Hath Been Spoken".

You people (yeah, I said it: "you people") really need to brush up on your Olde English.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:18 AM   #9
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Don't you mean "Ye Olde English"?
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:21 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Don't you mean "Ye Olde English"?
Dammit. You caught me. I blame it on alcohol.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia

Old English?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bēowulf
Oft Scyld Scēfing sceaena rēatum,
monegum mǽgum meodo-setla oftēah;
egsode eorlas, syan ǽrest wear
fēasceaft funden; hē s frōfre gebād:
wēox under wolcnum, weor-myndum āh,
ot him ǽghwylc āra ymb-sittendra
ofer hron-rāde hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan: t ws gōd cyning!
BlueDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

Yeah not the same but thinkin about roll cages... here is one I found inside a camaro police car. kinda random

Full screen photo

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar