Another One Bites The Dust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Another One Bites The Dust

Press-Telegram - Tragic day on the roads

Quote:
In the second incident, a driver lost control of a Ford Mustang, which spun out, slammed into a power pole and split in two.

Officers at the scene of the crash said it appeared that the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed on Paramount Boulevard near 63rd Street when he lost control.

The passenger side of the car took the brunt of the impact, leaving the passenger critically hurt.

Firefighters pulled the unconscious man, believed to be in his 20s or 30s, from the wreckage and found he had no pulse, said Long Beach Fire Capt. Jim Arvizu.

Paramedics worked on the man as they rushed him to Lakewood Regional Medical Center. Emergency room staff also tried in vain to save the man, Arvizu said.

The driver was taken to Long Beach Memorial Medical Center where he was listed in stable condition, Arvizu said.

Beer cans were scattered around the car and appeared to have come from the vehicle, officers at the scene said. Officer Juan Gomez of the Long Beach Police Department said Wednesday night that police were still investigating whether alcohol was involved in the crash.

Gomez added that the vehicle, a maroon 2004 Ford Mustang, did not belong to the driver and that the two men inside were employees of an auto dealership where the car was being serviced.

Police withheld the driver's and passenger's names pending notification of their relatives Wednesday night.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #2
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Re: Another One Bites The Dust

damn!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:36 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Double Damn !! That's the second pic of a stang cut in half I've seen

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:53 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

such a waste..
Old 10-23-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I quoted the wrong part of the story

Quote:
In the second incident, a driver lost control of a Ford Mustang, which spun out, slammed into a power pole and split in two.

Officers at the scene of the crash said it appeared that the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed on Paramount Boulevard near 63rd Street when he lost control.

The passenger side of the car took the brunt of the impact, leaving the passenger critically hurt.

Firefighters pulled the unconscious man, believed to be in his 20s or 30s, from the wreckage and found he had no pulse, said Long Beach Fire Capt. Jim Arvizu.

Paramedics worked on the man as they rushed him to Lakewood Regional Medical Center. Emergency room staff also tried in vain to save the man, Arvizu said.

The driver was taken to Long Beach Memorial Medical Center where he was listed in stable condition, Arvizu said.

Beer cans were scattered around the car and appeared to have come from the vehicle, officers at the scene said. Officer Juan Gomez of the Long Beach Police Department said Wednesday night that police were still investigating whether alcohol was involved in the crash.

Gomez added that the vehicle, a maroon 2004 Ford Mustang, did not belong to the driver and that the two men inside were employees of an auto dealership where the car was being serviced.

Police withheld the driver's and passenger's names pending notification of their relatives Wednesday night.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Man that looks bad..... Dang it. See what happens when u leave your car at those places. Sad about the guys tho.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:

Looks like someone will be the proud new owner of some auto dealership soon...Based on the line quoted, well...nevermind. Too bad for the car and the REAL owner...the driver would wish he died had that been my car he went joyriding in. :beatyou:
Old 10-23-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

wow... if someone took my car and did anything like that I would be owning me a dealership.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

^+1

looks like he'll be getting a GT500 soon

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:24 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

wow...are all of the redfire cobras on here accounted for?

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
Looks like someone will be the proud new owner of some auto dealership soon...Based on the line quoted, well...nevermind. Too bad for the car and the REAL owner...the driver would wish he died had that been my car he went joyriding in. :beatyou:
:angryfire Agreed, **** those *****es, especially after they had been drinking in his car. If I didn't get paid for all the money I had invested in my car, and compensated for the aggravation, and stress I had to deal with, then it would be me, and them coming to terms after they got out of the hospital. I wouldn't care if they were stuck in wheel chairs, I would still be coming across their faces. Ya'll might think I'm wrong for saying this stuff, but staight up I would hold no remorse for them, I'm just petty I guess.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:35 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
:angryfire Agreed, **** those *****es, especially after they had been drinking in his car. If I didn't get paid for all the money I had invested in my car, and compensated for the aggravation, and stress I had to deal with, then it would be me, and them coming to terms after they got out of the hospital. I wouldn't care if they were stuck in wheel chairs, I would still be coming across their faces. Ya'll might think I'm wrong for saying this stuff but staight up I would hold no remorse for them, I'm just petty guess.
im pretty sure most everyone on this board would agree with you.

personally that dealership would be mine for sure and maybe if i can get more i will try. thats why lawyers get paid the big bucks
Old 10-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
wow...are all of the redfire cobras on here accounted for?
hrm

Spec
Smurf
Me

yup, i think that about does it. besides, i dont race with passengers, if i want to do something stupid, i like to make sure im only putting myself and whoever thinks they are a contender at risk.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:51 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

We had a 94-98 mustang totalled last night due to street racing and a drunk driver. I believe they said the driver of the stang died at the scene.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:34 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

dang...probly wasn't used to the power b/c it wasn't his car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
hrm

Spec
Smurf
Me

yup, i think that about does it. besides, i dont race with passengers, if i want to do something stupid, i like to make sure im only putting myself and whoever thinks they are a contender at risk.
Besides the fact that I put mine into a tree...yeah, I am accounted for. Luckily it wasn't too too much damage...just some buffable scuffs and a dimple...none the less...new fender will go on and a complete car new paint job which was planned anyhow.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:02 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

^^Wait seriously? howd you manage that?

Old 10-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Terminator has a double meaning when Alcohol and High Horse power are mixed together.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

then again that can be with any automobile you mix alcohol with. power has nothing to do with it. i think the term for it is "Darwanism". sadly though, most the time the drunkerd lives.

Old 10-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I believe the term is actually Darwinism. And drunkard. And now I can't that damn Queen song out of my head.

BTW, I've got dibs on the motor from the second one. Doesn't like there would be much left from the first...

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:15 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
then again that can be with any automobile you mix alcohol with. power has nothing to do with it. i think the term for it is "Darwanism". sadly though, most the time the drunkerd lives.
You are absolutely wrong, young boys to the mid 20's already have the highest fatality rate when Alcohol is involved then combine that with fast cars and bad judgement kills. I have to many dead friends from the 70's when the drinking limit was 18. I lost 5 friends in 1 year and what were they driving. a 69 383 magnum road runner, 73 455 SD Trans am, 71 340 Barracuda, 68 SS 396 camaro and a 78 KZ-1000 Kawasaki. all under 21 all dead within a year and that stat can be found in any city in the US. Why do you think males 16 to 25 pay the highest insurance rates???? Because of bad judgement and carelessness. By the way all those people were drinking and going well over 100mph.

END OF STORY

NEXT
Old 10-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I do believe you got the wrong quote there Master Corey.

But now I guess you'll edit it to make me look like an idiot...

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:20 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I do believe you got the wrong quote there Master Corey.

But now I guess you'll edit it to make me look like an idiot...
No I edited it and I thank you for bringing it to my attention my good man!!!
Old 10-23-2006, 07:45 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to fast64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
You are absolutely wrong, young boys to the mid 20's already have the highest fatality rate when Alcohol is involved then combine that with fast cars and bad judgement kills. I have to many dead friends from the 70's when the drinking limit was 18. I lost 5 friends in 1 year and what were they driving. a 69 383 magnum road runner, 73 455 SD Trans am, 71 340 Barracuda, 68 SS 396 camaro and a 78 KZ-1000 Kawasaki. all under 21 all dead within a year and that stat can be found in any city in the US. Why do you think males 16 to 25 pay the highest insurance rates???? Because of bad judgement and carelessness. By the way all those people were drinking and going well over 100mph.

END OF STORY

NEXT
That reminded me of this video..... Barats & Bereta Productions

(click auto insurance)
Old 10-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #26
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
^^Wait seriously? howd you manage that?
Was driving someplace to get the girlfriends car repaired from hitting a massive pot hole the night before. Took a corner like I always do...stepped on the gas and the *** end passed me immediately. I tried to recover, couldn't...car slid sideways into a yard...stopped just touching the tree. The bottom corner of the right fender where it meets the door was pushed in due to the built up root area which caused the buckle higher up. I was able to get the lines all fixed and everything...just have the dimple and scuffs. The door is fine and nothing is bent other than the bottom corner of the fender by the wheel well.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #27
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
Was driving someplace to get the girlfriends car repaired from hitting a massive pot hole the night before. Took a corner like I always do...stepped on the gas and the *** end passed me immediately. I tried to recover, couldn't...car slid sideways into a yard...stopped just touching the tree. The bottom corner of the right fender where it meets the door was pushed in due to the built up root area which caused the buckle higher up. I was able to get the lines all fixed and everything...just have the dimple and scuffs. The door is fine and nothing is bent other than the bottom corner of the fender by the wheel well.
That sucks, must have hit a slick spot or something. Either that or you are just losing your touch!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #28
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
That sucks, must have hit a slick spot or something. Either that or you are just losing your touch!
No, I think I hit the gas while still turning the wheel for the corner...on drag radials @ 38 psi that are going kind of bald...plus, it was only like 10 am on saturday the 14th...was still not awake and just bad reaction time I guess. Plus, I probably stayed in the gas too long thinking I could get out of it like usual...just was a little late and too far gone to recover...but, I did manage to keep it off the tree other than just lightly scuffing the paint and avoided the driveway where there were other cars parked. lol

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar