I Hate F-Body Owners - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Angry I Hate F-Body Owners

With the exception of MarkuzLS1 all of them are stuck up, and won't ever give someone props for having a nice Ford/Mustang. They all get boners off the fact that their cars have better motors than Mustangs, and they want ever stop pushing the issue. Most Ford people I now will admit that someone has a nice F-Body, even though they would never buy one. Since I've had my car I've had only two Chevy/F-Body owner tell me I had a nice car(One was my old boss, he had a 67 Camaro, and the other was a kid I went to school with, he had a 99 T/A), every other one I've talked with will say something like their car is faster than mine, or something. The thing is I never said it wasn't, I've driven several F-Bodies, and I would say even a LT1 F-Body is a little faster than a New Edge GT. Then if you look on other forums, Holy **** they talk ****. I'm tired of going on sites and seeing F-Body owners ripping on Mustangs. If it wasn't for Mustangs, Camaro's and Trans Am's would have probably never been built. And I think a little joking is fine, but their just mean, and rude as **** about the issue.

While they've been updated over the years the F-Body platform dates back to the original Camaro in 67.(And you thought the Fox platform was old) I say all a F-Body has on a Mustang is their Motors, Transmissions, and they launch straight. Besides that I don't think their very good. Mustangs handle better, have better rearends, the brakes are atleast as good, their much more comfortable, they look better IMO, they have a much better steering feel(Have ya'll driven a Trans Am/Camaro, their steering feel is almost as bad as a Fox Bodies), and while they don't make speed as easily, Mustangs feel better when going fast.

Don't get me wrong, I like F-Bodies, their fun to drive, and when your driving one you feel like your driving a bad *** car. I just get tired of all these Chevy people talking **** about Fords, and never having anything good to say about them. I'll joke around on a Chevy sometimes, but I'll also admit that their good cars, and I think GM gives you better performance per Dollar than most anybody else.

While not all of them, most GM fans are Haters.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2006, 11:10 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: I Hate F-Body Owners

The "My car is faster" argument is so retarded. I really don't care if your car is faster than mine. Someone else out there has a faster car than you so shut the **** up. We buy what we like.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:13 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

^+1

but around here alot of the f-body owners are really cool, and if you have a nice car they will say so reguardless of brand

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2006, 11:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

well what do you expect? they dont make the camaro anymore so they are just bitter.

why cant we all just get along and focus our hate on hondas?
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Everybody's car is faster than mine, so I just laugh when they say that to me. My rebuttal is, "Yeah, well mine can crawl slower" Half the folks don't have a clue what I am talking about, and that is just fine with me.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:18 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpryor View Post
^+1

but around here alot of the f-body owners are really cool, and if you have a nice car they will say so reguardless of brand

I wish it was like that around here, but I have not met many, especially among the LS1 owners.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:20 PM   #7
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

The only F-body owner I know is a complete *******!! He falls asleep on the couch I am going to sleep on, then *****es if I sleep in his bed. ASSSS HOOOLE!!! :pnoid:
Old 11-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
i do this too

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thats what I say. If its American, and has a V-8, I'm cool with it, and so should every other person who likes muscle cars be.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:39 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Well...all the Fbody guys were skeered of putting their cars on the dyno this past weekend with all the blue ovals around...was quite funny.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:28 AM   #11
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

Hey JROC:

You're mustang is very very "pretty".

There, now 2 f-body owners are nice to you.

You can complain about F-Body guys all you want, but they all say most of the same things about mustang owners. It all depends who you are, not what you drive. Some of the nicest F-Body guys don't really care that its an "F-Body", they just know that the car and block are nice for a start to a decent street/strip car. Same with some mustang drivers too. But the engine is quite an important part of the car

I like all different sorts of cars, the only ones I really dislike are Ricers, just because its completely retarded what they do to their vehicles.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:53 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

I like the diversity and some good competition is great but some of them go WAY over the line and see their opinion as the only one... people will not always agree with you and a good measure of a person is how they deal with that.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:00 AM   #13
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I like the diversity and some good competition is great but some of them go WAY over the line and see their opinion as the only one... people will not always agree with you and a good measure of a person is how they deal with that.
That is very true, but from both sides, mustang guys do it too.

I had a nice confrontation with a Cobra (~03 maybe?) a few weeks ago before I put the Olds away. It had Calvin pissing on the GM Sign, so I got a chuckle out of that then he kept blipping his throttle at me. I didn't do anything back (to be nice) then he yelled out the window "Isn't Olds GM???, No wonder you dont want to race", then he got his SVT's *** kicked.

But I do understand where you are coming from. Alot of the F-Body guys have a bit too much pride.
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Old 11-02-2006, 08:11 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

most cobras are slow in stock form, the 03/04 runs high to low 12s in the quarter stock~ but its so tempting to spend a grand and push MUCH more hp/tq im trying to fight the urge lol.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:33 AM   #15
Registered Member

Regular

Quote:
most cobras are slow in stock form, the 03/04 runs high to low 12s in the quarter stock~ but its so tempting to spend a grand and push MUCH more hp/tq im trying to fight the urge lol.
I wouldn't call that slow at dall. I like Cobras, but I dont know what he was thinking trying to pick on my car though. I know there are quite a few cars faster than mine, but he didn't have a chance. I know the kid, and his dad bought him the car as a High School Graduation Present, and he had an exhaust an new pulley, thats about it.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:03 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
and has a V-8, I'm cool with it

i've shown a few v8s whats up in the past..........jfyi
Old 11-02-2006, 10:52 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I dont have a prereq that someone should have a v8 to be cool
Old 11-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I dont have a prereq that someone should have a v8 to be cool

:yup:
Old 11-02-2006, 12:42 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

meh this is surprising how?

This battle has been fighting the good fight since the whole begining of Mustangs vs camaros deal.

hardcore chevy guys will stick wit their chevys and hardcore ford guys are gonna stick wit their fords and that will always be that
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:18 PM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
meh this is surprising how?

This battle has been fighting the good fight since the whole begining of Mustangs vs camaros deal.

hardcore chevy guys will stick wit their chevys and hardcore ford guys are gonna stick wit their fords and that will always be that
And then you get those mopar weidos in there and everything just goes to hell.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #21
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
And then you get those mopar weidos in there and everything just goes to hell.
MOPAR OR NOCAR!
Old 11-02-2006, 02:11 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i've shown a few v8s whats up in the past..........jfyi
I'm not trying to hate on V-6's. I wasn't even thinking about them when I posted the statement. I was just trying to refer to what people consider the typical Muscle Car to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
Hey JROC:

You're mustang is very very "pretty".

There, now 2 f-body owners are nice to you.

You can complain about F-Body guys all you want, but they all say most of the same things about mustang owners. It all depends who you are, not what you drive. Some of the nicest F-Body guys don't really care that its an "F-Body", they just know that the car and block are nice for a start to a decent street/strip car. Same with some mustang drivers too. But the engine is quite an important part of the car

I like all different sorts of cars, the only ones I really dislike are Ricers, just because its completely retarded what they do to their vehicles.

Saying all GM owners hate Ford isn't right, but I don't think that Ford owners are as bad a GM owners. Most Ford people I know will admit that GM makes a good product. But most GM people, and especially F-Body owners have a harder time admitting that Fords are any good. I have especially realized this after joining a few forums. It is pretty aggravating when you post something about a Mustang, that has nothing to do with how fast it is, or anything to do with a F-Body, and all these F-Body owners come on there, and start post crap about how Mustangs suck, and are slow, and how such, and such would have, or wouldn't have happened if it was a F-Body instead of a Mustang. I know they are trying to joke around, and you might say that its petty to get fusterated by it, but it gets annoying reading smart *** comments that if were directed toward their cars they would be ****tin over. I think a little teasing every once and a while is fine, I don't care, But when people alway bash on a certain car everytime you post a thread about it gets old, and it totally goofs up the point of the post, because it start a argument about which car is better.

Here are a few examples.
04 Mustang GT

A Pretty Fast Cobra

FORD VS CHEVY - Jay Leno's Garage

I've also seen a lot of N/A 4 Valve mustang owners hating on 2 Valve Mustangs, which I think is stupid because their cars are not that much faster than a SOHC PI Mustang. Back in 99 Cobra's were being matched, or beaten by GT's, and alot of the owners where pissed about it, and Ford didn't even make a Cobra(besides the Cobra R) in 2000 so they could fix the problem, and had to issue a recall to get the 99 Cobra to the power level that they were suppose to have to begin with.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #23
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Screw this ford v chevy bull crap. I hate people that drive cars!!! Jeeps and trucks ftw!
Old 11-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
MOPAR OR NOCAR!
Quote:
Screw this ford v chevy bull crap. I hate people that drive cars!!! Jeeps and trucks ftw!
My case in point about the mopar weirdos :p :swordfigh
Old 11-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #25
Registered Member

Regular

I do agree that mopars are the freaks. Chevy and Ford guys always fight, but the Mopar guys actually get angry. And their "Godly HEMI" engine is overrated ( I may be the only one to say it, but I believe it).
It is in no way streetable, its a Pain to drive on the road, even in stock form. (I'm talking older Mopar hemis), not the new ones that are basically just a advertisement.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would love a F-150, or Lightning.

Or maybe a Jeep like this.
J/P
Old 11-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #27
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I would love a F-150, or Lightning.

Or maybe a Jeep like this.
J/P
Whoever's jeep that is, needs an anthrax shower!
Old 11-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

want to shut them up? simply say, "at least my car gets me ***."

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

I hate jealous Mustang owners...

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #30
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
I do agree that mopars are the freaks. Chevy and Ford guys always fight, but the Mopar guys actually get angry. And their "Godly HEMI" engine is overrated ( I may be the only one to say it, but I believe it).
It is in no way streetable, its a Pain to drive on the road, even in stock form. (I'm talking older Mopar hemis), not the new ones that are basically just a advertisement.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:25 PM   #31
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
+1
Old 11-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
well don't hate me too much since i'm a svc adv at an Acura dealership. At least i don't drive it.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:33 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
I hate jealous Mustang owners...

:dunno: I'm not jealous of F-Bodies, even though I would like a N/A Mustang be as fast as a Trans Am/Camaro, I still love my car, and would not trade it for an F-Body. I just don't like how F-Body owners always rip on Mustangs, and start going on about how their cars are so much better.

:hmm: God Damnit I feel like one of those ricer people complaining about getting no respect. :idiot:
Old 11-02-2006, 05:26 PM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

I still think its about equal with Mustang guys who hate F-Bodies too. You guys are a good forum, have some common sense, but I could find lots of Mustang Forums that are just as bad as the links you posted earlier too.

Just remember that some guys are just car enthusiasts, and like just about anything someone else has put time into.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:29 PM   #35
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

People who enjoy cars are called car enthusiasts. I don't want to be known as a car enthusiast. I want to be known as someone who likes cars!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar