California Sucks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-02-2006, 05:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
California Sucks

Here's the latest snatch of your freedom from the liberals in California. Pretty soon you won't be able to legally purchase a cigar or any other tobacco product in this liberal state. If I want to smoke my mind to oblivion that's my F#$%^ right! I shouldn't have to pay a ridiculous $5 tax.

Proposition 86: Tax on Cigarettes - California State Government

1997 Cobra Convertible 1 of 3 made with Crystal White paint, white top, and Saddle cloth interior.

Rollinthundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006, 06:29 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: California Sucks

conclusion: dont smoke. imagine the money you would save........oh and that whole "inhaling burning chemicals probably isnt the brightest invention in the human race" thing i keep hearing about.

honestly, i smoke one of two things. 1) hooka cause its flavored and doesnt taste like *******, and 2) mary jane, because theres a purpose to it. but still, youre inhaling something thats burning, why people do it with cigarettes that dont do anything but give the placebo effect of "calming" you down is beyond me. you can do the same for free, go outside, grab a twig from a tree, light the end and inhale the smoke. its the same concept, just as stupid, and its free!

i would vote yes on this, if my parents still smoked, just to **** with them. now id probably vote for it if i could be shown that 100% of that tax goes to where they say it goes, and that that proposition is legit.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
conclusion: dont smoke. imagine the money you would save........oh and that whole "inhaling burning chemicals probably isnt the brightest invention in the human race" thing i keep hearing about.

honestly, i smoke one of two things. 1) hooka cause its flavored and doesnt taste like *******, and 2) mary jane, because theres a purpose to it. but still, youre inhaling something thats burning, why people do it with cigarettes that dont do anything but give the placebo effect of "calming" you down is beyond me. you can do the same for free, go outside, grab a twig from a tree, light the end and inhale the smoke. its the same concept, just as stupid, and its free!

i would vote yes on this, if my parents still smoked, just to **** with them. now id probably vote for it if i could be shown that 100% of that tax goes to where they say it goes, and that that proposition is legit.
Says the man who has obviously never had a cigarette.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2006, 06:38 PM   #4
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

The only thing I see this doing is making poor people more poor. I know its a sad thing to say, but I think its true.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 07:06 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

And another thing, not to be arrogant, but I don't need to save money. I have a lot of it, and I want to be able to purchase a cigar once in a while. If the cigar businesses go out of business, the only place I can smoke and kick it, is at my home. My wife lives there. Get the picture.

For one, it's not just cigarettes, it's cigars as well. Two, if I want to f#$#$ smoke it's my f#$#$# right to do so. If I want to got and have a stoggie with the boys and shoot the sh#$, I wanna do it without having to sell the damn farm to do it. By the same reasoning we should start taxing all cars that have more than 300 horsepower. It's not necessary, they're dangerous and probably aid in deaths each year. The point is FREEDOM. I pay enough taxes. In addition, a lot of people are saying that this tax will put cigar shops out of business. There goes another freedom, the right to open your own business.

1997 Cobra Convertible 1 of 3 made with Crystal White paint, white top, and Saddle cloth interior.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Another thing. Not to be arrogant, but I don't need to save money. I have enough to be able to spend it on expensive cigars and burn the MF. If the cigar businesses go out of business then the only place I can smoke and kick it is at home. My wife lives there, hello.

Old 11-02-2006, 07:22 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Says the man who has obviously never had a cigarette.
both my parents were smokers. i have had many of them, and have found their allure to be pointless. i have had a few cigars as well, most were "ITSABOY's".

Old 11-02-2006, 07:27 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollinthundr View Post
For one, it's not just cigarettes, it's cigars as well. Two, if I want to f#$#$ smoke it's my f#$#$# right to do so. If I want to got and have a stoggie with the boys and shoot the sh#$, I wanna do it without having to sell the damn farm to do it. By the same reasoning we should start taxing all cars that have more than 300 horsepower. It's not necessary, they're dangerous and probably aid in deaths each year. The point is FREEDOM. I pay enough taxes. In addition, a lot of people are saying that this tax will put cigar shops out of business. There goes another freedom, the right to open your own business.
youre totally right. we do have a right to do whatever we please. how much it costs or the legalities of it are another story. if you dont like it, dont do it.

and while we do not tax powerful cars, that cant be said for what happens come registration time. then again, there is the Gas Guzzler Tax that is now going on alot of the more powerful cars (The automatic GTO's have it because they get like 13mpg city, the manual version barely scrapes by with 14mpg just skirting the cutoff)

Old 11-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

Cigars are very good with a nice glass of crown on the rocks like I am having right now but I would never smoke a cigarette amd as long as I smoke them in my own home who gives a ****.

Yahhhh im feeelin good right now

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 10:21 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I say sure, I don't care. I don't smoke, it's a waste of money and it's bad for you. Done and done. Same thing can be said about marijuana though, so I can't see how people can say smoking tabacco is bad but marijuana is good.

If it harms ya, don't do it. Even if it gives you a slight high or stress relief.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:20 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

"Non-smokers die every day. Sleep tight!"

"See, I know you entertain some kind of eternal life fantasy because you've chosen not to smoke; let me be the first to pop that ****ing bubble and send you hurtling back to reality – because you're dead too. And you know what doctors say: '****, if only you'd smoked, we'd have the technology to help you. It's you people dying from nothing who are screwed.'"

"You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years … rrreal ****ing high on drugs."

"No, I don't do drugs anymore, either. But I'll tell you something about drugs. I used to do drugs, but I'll tell you something honestly about drugs, honestly, and I know it's not a very popular idea, you don't hear it very often anymore, but it is the truth: I had a great time doing drugs. Sorry. Never murdered anyone, never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids. Laughed my *** off, and went about my day."

Now Bill Hicks was a man who knew what the **** he was talking about.

Scary stuff.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:13 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

that sucks right there so if u wanna smoke a blunt filled with weed ya gotta pay 5 bucks ontop of the dollar a gracia vega cost? is that the issue? thats some ****. if u guys need a supplier i can ship u guys cigars mmhms **** Cali
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I think we're missing the point. There are two:

1. Cigar businesses will go out of business (that's unAmerican). The fact that the government can tax a business so much that it has to close it's doors is wrong.

2. There is no place in California to enjoy my freedom to smoke (cigarettes, cigars, pipes, etc.). You can't smoke in bars, restaurants, or even outside of businesses (yes outside). The only place in California you can smoke a cigar without the smoke police giving you dirty looks, is in a cigar shop. If the shop goes out of business, there will be no place to enjoy my freedom except for home. Now, that's fine and dandy, but the problem is men talk about men things (business, and other things) that aren't appropriate for my home and my wife.

Is anyone getting this? It's not about drugs or cigarettes. It's the simple fact that the government is over taxing a certain item for the simple reason to put businesses out of business because it's not popular to most people. What's next? What if they were to decide they were going to over tax fried chicken because it causes heart attacks, or like I said earlier, fast cars, or whatever it is that you do that is risky. When will it stop?

You've got to understand that if we let these polical correct liberal f@#@s decide when something is not okay for us and then tax the hell out of it to make us agree one time, when will they decide that it is enough?

Honestly, am I on an island. Do any of you want to keep your rights? Or, will you all just willingly vote them away because it doesn't personally effect you. Hell, in California, it's nearly illegal to hunt. When will it stop? Will it stop when they decide to take our guns? Come on.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:11 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

you could always move :dunno:

i plan on it if i ever got the chance to go to a sister company, possibly in florida, where they dont know the meaning of smog and emissions regulations.

yes, you are on a island. there is a severe lack of common sense in this state. youre talking about the state that wants to sue every car maker that sells here because they pollute, yet the state that relies more on transportation than any other state, where the average person, on average, drives twice as far as to work and back compared to any other state.

and yes, vote no on this proposition. only 10% goes to what its supposed to go to, and the proposition doesnt even have a goal, so they dont have to do anything with the money but let it sit. im pretty sure most californians are just voting NO on everything.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I've considered moving a lot lately. Your right, we are on an island over here. Pretty soon it won't be California, it will be separatist state "Liberal Island." As soon as the kids are grown, I'll be considering Arizona.

Old 11-03-2006, 01:51 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

good choice, im actually thinking Vegas. a 1500sf home is 140k there. you cant find 1200sf homes in cali for under 200k. though i hear vegas' housing boom is on a slowdown big time. my uncle lives just a half hour under phoenix and loves it, got a 2300sf home for like 300k.

Old 11-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

people in jersey already pay more than that..
Old 11-03-2006, 03:35 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm sorry... but I can't feel any pity for someone who lives in California. That's like asking to be opressed.

Scary stuff.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Unfortunately, I was born here.

Old 11-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Quote:
good choice, im actually thinking Vegas. a 1500sf home is 140k there. you cant find 1200sf homes in cali for under 200k. though i hear vegas' housing boom is on a slowdown big time. my uncle lives just a half hour under phoenix and loves it, got a 2300sf home for like 300k.
damn, the west is expensive! Your uncle paid $130 a square foot. In Augusta and Macon, its about $80-$85.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, but then again, we get paid more on average. its all relative.

Old 11-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

california sucks, except the weather, i could NEVER live there

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 06:49 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

After enjoying a nice Monte Cristo last night, I decided I would be pissed if I had to pay an extra $5 for it.

and off topic:

I think I want to buy a small humidor so I don't have to drive to the tobacco shop every time I want a cigar. I like this one: 25-50 Cigar Glass Top Humidor: Cheap Humidors Cigar Humidor Cigar Accessories CheapHumidors.com I would get my initials etched into the glass as well. Any thoughts/comments from fellow cigar smokers on the site?
Old 11-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

not a cigar smoker, but Humidors are a must if you enjoy a nice stogie every once in a while, and dont want to run to the liquor store to get it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
california