Evo+Sti meet experience - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-03-2006, 02:03 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Evo+Sti meet experience

So I went to Circuit City and saw my Evo bud over there, he said this guy in the warehouse got a WRX and wants to go check out this meet in Simi Valley. Ok, what the hell, lets go.

So we head over there and when we get there it's nothing WRX's, STis, and Evos. It's decent.. maybe like 20-24 cars? Seriously the cars were not as awe inspiring as some V8 beasts. I felt very uncomfortable though, knowing absolutely nothing about the small details of what these cars can do, only the specs that I read on the 'net.

Some highlights of the meet though:

*WRX had STi badges and all sorts of crap on it to make it look like an STi, but the headlights were a dead give away it was a fraud. The license plate gave it away too. "ST Lie" Pretty funny.

*Half an hour into the meet these Acura Integras pull up outta no where and nobody is happy to see them. Someone shouted "Awe, ****! Everytime we have a meet these ****ing people always seem to find us." They had their own little group in a corner while everyone ignored them

*While leaving we saw 2 CHP cars that had pulled over a red Supra, and down the road another CHP had pulled over a riced Civic. Yikes... Supra owner should have just let it go rather than race that idiot, what was there to prove? lol

In closing, I wish I had a Cobra to roll up in and laugh at everyone.

Sure I can't ****in drive round corners and bull**** like that as quick as they could, but I don't care. Straight lines are fine with me. Oh, and power

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2006, 02:23 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Evo+Sti meet experience

sounds like one of my meets. rarely did anyone have much of anything to bring to the table other than boltons. the one we had in sacramento once was a guy with a full on 58trim GST Spyder, the whole thing was awesomely clean, car has like 15k miles on original owner, everything is done top notch. then me with my 16g and my buddy and his 50trim spyder thinking before we were gonna be the top dogs, and this guy brings his car and just owns everyone. then again, he was the site owner (sac-dsm's).

now its mainly alot of stockish cars. my buddies S1/agp wg Srt4, my buddies 20g'd 06 WRX, then i had a bolt-on GT and now a pullied cobra. being basically top dog at the meets isnt as fun as it sounds, everyone comes up trying to act like they know more than you about your own car "yeah there was a cobra at the lot with stage 4" and im like "Stage 4? like in the stegemier blower porting? or stage 4 as in the salesman was just selling the car?" or, "No Way dude, the bigger the pulley, the faster it spins the supercharger! My Uncles brothers nephews stepsons former roomate has one with a 4" pulley and its making 22psi and 700hp to the wheels!" i still hang out with the dsm guys at the meets, everyone else is just eh. couple stock evo guys trying to act hard said their motors were way better than dsm's, we were like "you guys have a head gasket and .5:1 more compression on us. nice try though"

oh and as far as handling. id say the cobra handles as well as the Evo RS i test drove, plus when i hit the gas, it gets out of the corner, which i couldnt say about the RS, just felt sluggish even at full boost.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 08:06 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

some guy I talk to has a friend with a redfire vert cobra like mine and a Kenny bell blower (he just calls it a blowzilla...) and is telling me he makes 600hp on low boost ... 4psi... lol
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2006, 02:03 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

I wanna cobra :/ If I make 600 a month, would that be enough to buy one?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:34 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

not quite. payments, yes if you found one in the low 20's, which is few and far between in cali, most go for 28k at dealerships, which is why i pounced on mine. but add insurance, and youd have no money for anything else.

Old 11-05-2006, 01:31 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
not quite. payments, yes if you found one in the low 20's, which is few and far between in cali, most go for 28k at dealerships, which is why i pounced on mine. but add insurance, and youd have no money for anything else.
I'd just be happy with a GT then, they are pretty cheap. Especially like an 03-04. I'll get a Cobra when I'm older then.. and know how to handle a stick shift better lol

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

Dang, actually that ain't bad. I don't care much for white though

Old 11-05-2006, 02:48 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

dude if you want a GT buy mine. **** ill drive down there and let you drive it all day with you. talk to your bank, for a 13k loan, your payments should be about 250$ a month depending on your apr, which if its through a bank and direct withdrawl, its gonna be under 6% unless your credit score is like 500 or less, which unless you have repo's, it should be at the 650 mark for someone with minimal bills and a job.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

How many miles does your GT have?

Old 11-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

87k. i bought it at 76k if that tells you anything. previous owner lived locally and commuted with it (i used to see it all the time, the then red hood scoop insert gave it away) and when i found it for sale i knew by the way i saw him drive it was pretty much driven normally, as i could never get him to race me in the gst.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar