So I put my cc plates and lowering springs on and Now Im Pissed - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
So I put my cc plates and lowering springs on and Now Im Pissed

Def not worth messing up all four of my Freakin wheels. I went to This dumbass tire shop to get some tires I already had mounted, my cc plates, lowering kit and to have the front end aligned. I dropped my car off at 7:30 am and About 5 I started wondering why these dummies hadnt called me yet. So I call up there and the owner tells me that they had broken EVERY SINGLE LUG on the car and that he had been trying to call around all day to find ones that would fit my wheels. Needless to say he didnt tell me he screwed up my rims. So the next day about 11 I started wondering what was goin on so I went up there. I WAS F-IN LIVID!!!!! They had my car pulled out of the bay so I walked over to look at it. Every wheel has gouges, scrathes and I mean DEEEEEEEPPPPP chunks takin out. I was like WTH!! So I walk in and the owner is like so you like the lowering kit? I was like You IDIOT! Im more concern about what you did to my wheels than the lowering kit. WTH did you do to them? He acted like He didnt kno a thing, dummy. So me and my bf walk over to the car pointing out the damage and he tells us he couldent get the lugs off that they tried everything including an air chisel!!! An Air CHisel!! I was pissed. So I said Ok well You messed up all four of my freakin wheels, I would think that if you messed up on the first one you wouldnt had done the 2nd the 3rd and the 4th and you should of had the curtosey to call and inform me of what you were doing instead of making the desicion on screwing every one of my wheels up. I was outraged and told him and the 2 guys that worked on it off. Here I am goin 2 a car show in 2 weeks with crapy wheels. Ok Are you goin to pay for them I asked? He told me no that I would have to eat the cost of buying new ones. On top of that the idiot charged me $481 !!! What the hell am I goin to do. I hate dumbasses like that. If my families co messed up a customers products we would take responsibility for it.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2006, 07:33 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Re: So I put my cc plates and lowering springs on and Now Im Pissed

Damn That's ****ed Up !!! Sorry to hear they damaged your rims Sounds like it's time to get a lawyer, report them to the better business .If it's a big tire company contact the head office and ***** your *** off they ****ed up the rims they gotta pay If you paid by check stop the payment Do the same if paid by credit card

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:54 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

well I think they have to call you before deviating from your agreement. If they run into issues you have to OK it before they can continue on. I personally would have my lawyer send the shop a letter and basically tell them "you wont get out of this one dumbass"

If they could not get the lugs off then they should have called and asked you about it... not took it upon them selves to screw up the rims.

Nearly 500 bucks in labor for a job that should take no more than 3-4 hours is extremly high. I would get an itemized statment and labor chargers per hour and also find out how much they are ripping you off there.

I paid 130 bucks~ to have springs installed on my first car AT FORD, it took 2 hours to do the job.

I would have done it for you over a weekend for free or very very cheap (covering my costs of driving or something) its not a hard job AT ALL.

I would fight them and use every means as they are at fault for destroying your wheels.. they are just hoping you arnt smart enough to push it so they have to pay.

I would also not pay the bill if you have not already and I would take images and have witnesses else they can say they didnt do it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2006, 08:09 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Coming from a dealership service dept., I can tell you this much, Spec is right. They cannot deviate from the agreed services without authorization from you. And if they took it upon themselves to continue to try and remove the lugs knowing that they would do damage beyond any that may have already been present, without your consent, then they immediately assume responsibility for any further damage. For them to say that you are responsible for their indiscretions if absolutely insane. Call your lawyer. Let him handle the rest. In the meantime, get you wheels either repaired or replaced and give the bill to you lawyer so you have an amount in which to sue the shop over. If that doesn't work, burn his ****ing shop to the ground.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 08:26 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

You have such a strong case of negligent and careless maintenance. They clearly do not know what they are doing and if they are a standing company they will most likely have insurance. Are you sure you talked to the owner???

You need to contact the BBB and I would call a Lawyer inmmediately. Go take pictures and you might want to file a charges on the shop for destruction of property and criminal negligence. The lawyer can assist you on this. Write everything down they told you while it is fresh in your head and compare notess with your friend that went with you. Make sure you point out that they actually used a air chisel.

You need to get this ball rolling immediately. You want to hit this guy at the shop hard and fast so he will panic and comply with your demands. Dumb *** hicks hate going to court because past work by this shop will possibly come out.

By the way what is the shops name and what city. We need to spread this info thru the internet BY GOD
Old 11-10-2006, 08:44 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I just hope if she has already paid for the job that it can not be seen as a wave on her future attempts toward accepting the job without any future liability on the shop's part for her damaged items.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well I just talked to an attorney he told me that the tire place is indeed in the wrong. That I need to file a suit against them in magistrate court. I also asked him about me signing the receipt he said that wont matter. That in the first place they should had called me, second he's never heard of anyone taking an air chisel to wheels to remove them.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
Old 11-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

you generally only use an air chisel to a lug nut unless its a locking lug or what not and there is no other alternative. I find it VERY hard to believe that they could not get the lugs off. Did they replace all of your studs?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:13 AM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
you generally only use an air chisel to a lug nut unless its a locking lug or what not and there is no other alternative. I find it VERY hard to believe that they could not get the lugs off. Did they replace all of your studs?
If it is a locking lug and you don't have the key, you still don't use a chisel. You tack a standard lug nut to the locker and then take it off like a regular lug nut...then replace the locker with a new set.

None the less, an air ratchet gun thingy should have been able to take them off unless they are only running like 10 psi in their compressors. 100 ft/lbs should come off by hand with the right tools...and should come off easily with air tools.

None the less...they fubared this stuff and it needs to be their ***. Hopefully you can nail these guys...and it seems like the perfect time for some $2600 CCWs...on their dime.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

yea, if an air ratchet fails use a breaker bar, and I would have used JB weld along with a socket and taped in on a locking lug and waited then it would come off

sounds like they are simply retarded and assumed they would just screw you over and you would accept it~ glad you are gonna stick it to them. I would also get back any labor they charged you in "removing" your lug nuts
Old 11-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

wow thats some garbage *** practices there. Man i really hope things go for the right for you cause wwoooo i know if that were me id be beyond livid seriously. wwoo def sue their asses for sure dont let them push you around at all.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenmystang View Post
Well I just talked to an attorney he told me that the tire place is indeed in the wrong. That I need to file a suit against them in magistrate court. I also asked him about me signing the receipt he said that wont matter. That in the first place they should had called me, second he's never heard of anyone taking an air chisel to wheels to remove them.

Very cool the ball is rolling and you will find that once he is served with a summons and or a warrant he will be much more responsive to your demands.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #13
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire

:worthless:

Can't believe they did that..
Old 11-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Now your on the right track Give'em Hell

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:02 PM   #15
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I hope you put them out of business

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via AIM to MidnightSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
:wstupid: That's definately ****ed up!
MidnightSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
x2.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:23 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

anyone that takes advantage of someone like that deserves what comes to them... maybe they will think twice.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:32 PM   #19
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

Damn... sorry to hear. I know how that feels, ****ty shops can suck my nuts dry for all I care...

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:05 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

You really have to be careful where you take your car. Even for something as simple as an alignment. A lot of shops have old equipment that will scratch the hell out of the out rim of your wheels even if they do everything they can not to do so.

Using an air chisel to remove a wheel is just pure stupidity though. There are so many better ways to get a lug off. The only time I've ever done anything remotely similar was with locking lug that my stupid friend broke because he over tightened it. We had to take a screwdriver and a hammer to finish chipping off a piece before we could remove the wheel. Didn't put a single scratch on the wheel though, because we were actually careful about what we were doing.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Oh well they have lost not only my buisness but my dads co as well. He was pissed because I was pissed haha. I'm going Monday to file the suit and will keep you guys updated. Im goin to try to get some pics up too. Prob tomorrow tho. Oh yeah... Btw the maximum motorsport camber plates I ordered they put on lowered it 1.5" But the strut was hitting the underside of the hood so I just got my dad to cut the top of it off. Is it suppose to do that?

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
Old 11-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #22
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

on a stock hood, no... but yours probably isnt cut out like the stock hoods are over the strut towers, so I wouldnt be too worried

I like toys
Old 11-10-2006, 04:12 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

I've also thought about heating the springs just to lower it a tad bit more. I have a friend thats done this several times and it turned out great. What do ya'll think? Anyone here ever done that?

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
Old 11-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #24
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
I've also thought about heating the springs just to lower it a tad bit more. I have a friend thats done this several times and it turned out great. What do ya'll think? Anyone here ever done that?
You are not suppose to heat springs up.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:14 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Besides them messing up your wheels, I bet your car looks pretty nice now, as all it needed was a drop too set it off.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I kno 2 different people thats done that tho. Why arent you suppose to?

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
Old 11-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Oh well they have lost not only my buisness but my dads co as well. He was pissed because I was pissed haha. I'm going Monday to file the suit and will keep you guys updated. Im goin to try to get some pics up too. Prob tomorrow tho. Oh yeah... Btw the maximum motorsport camber plates I ordered they put on lowered it 1.5" But the strut was hitting the underside of the hood so I just got my dad to cut the top of it off. Is it suppose to do that?
The reason this happend is because they did not put the spacers on the strut correctly. The CC plates come with spacers that you put on the strut under and over where the strut comes through the strut tower. You adjust the number of spacers on each side by how much you are lowering the car.

Yet another thing they screwed up...

Scary stuff.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:15 PM   #28
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
You are not suppose to heat springs up.
Right... heating springs up changes the spring rate. If you're gonna do anything cut them, but dont heat them. Cutting will be fine as long as your springs arent progressive rate springs. If they are, then cutting them will also **** them up. I think i remember you saying you got BBK springs... i dunno whether those are progressive rate or not.

I like toys
Old 11-10-2006, 04:17 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

I wouldn't cut or heat them up. If you really want more of a drop, remove the isolators. Just be prepared for some possible squeaking.

Scary stuff.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #30
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I wouldn't cut or heat them up. If you really want more of a drop, remove the isolators. Just be prepared for some possible squeaking.
wrap the coils in duct tape and the squeeking wont be a problem... im serious too

I like toys
Old 11-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

DUCKTAPE WHOOHOO!!

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
Old 11-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #32
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Quote:
DUCKTAPE WHOOHOO!!
lol that **** works... i have no squeeks after a year with no isolators. I even went through a snowy winter

I like toys
Old 11-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Riden, if you payed with a credit card you could have called them and explained the problem. A lot of times the credit card company will back you up and stop payment to the business, which forces them to help you in a more "customer oriented" manner. Also, if it was a check, even easier.

Believe me, that moron wouldn't take you to court for $400.00, and he would learn a lesson.

1997 Cobra Convertible 1 of 3 made with Crystal White paint, white top, and Saddle cloth interior.

Rollinthundr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:35 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

**** em. i still say burn their **** down. revenge maybe a dish best served cold, but it tastes even better over an open flame.

sorry but that's just the Italian in me talking.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:35 PM   #35
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Good call thundr... howd you pay Sheila?

I like toys

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar