Are things in Iraq going well? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Are things in Iraq going well?

Sounds like it's a step better than anarchy, at best. Right now, they're killing each other and our troops. If I had my way about it, they'd just be killing each other.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Connecticut
Re: Are things in Iraq going well?

This whole thing is a joke man look at this headlines from yahoo news

Gunmen kidnap scores at Baghdad office
AP - 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
BAGHDAD, Iraq - Gunmen dressed as police commandos kidnapped scores of staff and visitors in a lightning raid on an education ministry office Tuesday in one of the biggest mass abductions since the start of the U.S. occupation. Five senior police officers -- including the neighborhood police chief -- were arrested, the government said. At least 82 people were killed or found dead in murders, bombings and clashes nationwide.
How long we gonna try keeping these peoples on leashes its quite obvious they dont wanna reform **** em seriously their being animals so lets leave them to fend themselves

Baghdad is a city of countless unsolved killings, but this one had U.S. commanders particularly worried.

Uniformed, armed men had driven to a meat-packing plant in police vehicles, told the workers they were conducting a routine identity check, then handcuffed at least 22 men and shoved them into the factory's refrigerated trucks. Six of the workers, all Sunni Arab Muslims, were later found shot to death in a trash-strewn lot. Many of the others had disappeared.

Sunni residents of the neighborhood suspected that officers of the Iraqi national police, a mostly Shiite Muslim force, were to blame. American officials thought so too. They feared that Sunni anger could trigger more killings in an area they were trying hard to control. The generals wanted to find the criminals and make an example of the case

1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 05:22 PM   #3
Region: New York

I just got back from my third tour there. It sucks, and thats the sugar coated answer. There are so many different angles that need to be looked at. One of my favorites is the fact that 250 years ago, this country fought for its independence and paid for it in blood. We gave it to them on a silver platter, saying "Here ya go, fresh plate of democracy for ya." My Dad always taught me that you appreciate something more when you earn it. They haven't. But on the other hand could they? I've seen things over there that civilized people shouldn't see. Kids running around barefoot, filthy, wearing the same clothes they were in the month before. It hurts your heart. I don't fight over there for my future, I fight for my kids future. I don't want them even knowing what terrorism is when they get older, except for what they read in books. As for the loss of life over there, I hate to say it like this, but every person that puts on a uniform knows the risks involved. We do it for a myriad of reasons, but the bottom line is that we have a hazardous profession. I have lost friends over in Iraq and Afghanistan, and it hurts. Hurts a lot. But if you want to get into a numbers game, keeping in mind how long we have been at war (and we're still at war, I don't care what Mr. President says. Low intensity conflict my a$$), we have sustained the least amount of casualties compared to any other war. Its what we do. Do I like Iraq? Absolutely not. Do I want to be there? No way. I do it because its my job to do it. Just wanted to chime in my $0.02
JFStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 06:14 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Region: California

Let's nuke em, afgan, iran, the whole middle east, start over with no religions and see how that goes. No ****in sacred land to fight over, there is no holy or sacred ****in land it's DIRT.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar