i saw something confusing today - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

i saw something confusing today

ok, so on campus there is a chik-fil-a...........and i tend to frequent it........every tues/thurs actually. well today i made my routine 10:30 lunch stop in and was standing in line behind a couple checking out. their food and beverage purchase came to $6.90, but they had only $6, causing a problem to arise. they dug through everything they had: purse, booksacks, pockets, wallets, etc., however could only muster up another dime.

they then had the idea to put back the fries. well that ingenious idea was shot down by the cashier who quickly responded with a "you cant put dem fries back in dere." so they said, "well can we just go get a smaller drink?" which only came out to .30 cheaper.........their compromises were not enough until they decided to just forgo the drink purchase all together. they set the drink they filled down near the register and payed for just the food. now dont get me wrong, i would have thrown up a buck to them so they could get the **** out the line so i can pay for my purchase and eat, but i dont really keep cash on me, i use my card.

so i pay and sit and start to eat. then i kinda watch to see what the cashier did to the unpaid drink. well, she walks over, dumps it out, and throws the cup away. that left me a tad confused. now the chik-fil-a corporation has lost 32oz of sprite, regardless what the cashier did with it. so why didnt she just give it to them? would you have done the same?
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: i saw something confusing today

I would have said just add the .90 to my card...

None the less...many...many things in real world business don't make a lick of sense.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:58 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

it is interesting, but in all actuality that cup and 32oz of drink only costs them around $.05.

unless there was a large line or someone looking over my shoulder, i wouldve comp'd em. like "eh, lets just say we didnt see nothin"

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006, 09:59 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

well she threw the cup away too.........so if an inventory is taken that way, they will still come up a cup short, they have free refills so they cant record drinks.

i think that cashier was just a *****................and i didnt think to say that about the .90. i know at work i wouldnt be able to do that b/c the transaction amount would be less than 1.00, and i have no way of transferring money from one sale to another on our system.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

yeah ive seen the same with like burgers that were made. but im guessing since they buy in large amounts it really doesnt matter at all.
Plus i think its the law
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:00 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

same way here.. Brad always orders cheese and no pickles on his sandwich, yet one time they did neither... he took it back, and they just threw away the old one instead of adding cheese to it for him.. just gave him a whole new sandwich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:01 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

well i'm pretty sure company policy states to not release any material w/o selling it, maybe that was enough to scare her. also, they probably have something that says you cant put food back after its been picked up by a customer............sanity concerns
Old 11-14-2006, 10:02 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

panera bread (i dont think you have them in the south) throws away probably close to $200 worth of bread every night. only homeless shelters and churches are allowed to get them.. we don't give it away for free and even the employers aren't allowed to have any.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:05 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
well she threw the cup away too.........so if an inventory is taken that way, they will still come up a cup short, they have free refills so they cant record drinks.

i think that cashier was just a *****................and i didnt think to say that about the .90. i know at work i wouldnt be able to do that b/c the transaction amount would be less than 1.00, and i have no way of transferring money from one sale to another on our system.
She could have voided it off their bill and added it to yours.

None the less...it sounds like this person was probably pretty getto fabulous...and there is no way she would be giving away free stuff to anyone not of her equal.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:06 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
well i'm pretty sure company policy states to not release any material w/o selling it, maybe that was enough to scare her. also, they probably have something that says you cant put food back after its been picked up by a customer............sanity concerns
definitely.. I got that, but why didn't she just give him some cheese or somethin. maybe that's just the saver in me.. I have to 'save' everything.. haha.

Quote:
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Old 11-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
panera bread (i dont think you have them in the south) throws away probably close to $200 worth of bread every night. only homeless shelters and churches are allowed to get them.. we don't give it away for free and even the employers aren't allowed to have any.
yeah, we have em.. just in certain places.. and yeah, I've heard about the one in Birmingham doing just that.

Quote:
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Old 11-14-2006, 10:10 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i think its a health regulation of some sort

when i worked at friendlys, people would order things and then send it back asking for something different, and the policy there was to throw it away.

i especially liked the people who brought only enough for dinner and not a tip...damn high school kids...

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:11 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
None the less...it sounds like this person was probably pretty getto fabulous...and there is no way she would be giving away free stuff to anyone not of her equal.

thats the impression i got of her too, not just this instance, b/c of my patronship there, i see her all the time and thats my impression of all those times.

EDIT: is patronship even a word?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:13 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
Hell yeah we do, they have some good *** sammiches! Nicole must work there......
Old 11-14-2006, 10:27 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Sorry... but if it was me and I was behind them... I would have given them the ****ing ninety cents.

I mean really.

EDIT: Man, I really should have read the whole post (what can I say, drunkeness will do that to you). But you still could have had them ring it up all together and then them give you whatever cash they had.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:36 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Sorry... but if it was me and I was behind them... I would have given them the ****ing ninety cents.

I mean really.
He's probably like me, if I have cash with me, I spend it faster than swiping the card actually...what really makes me stop and think is writing a check for something....too bad I only use those for bills lol. I like have a hard copy, and a receipt of any bills paid in case any questions arise.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:02 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
............sanity concerns
possibly sanity concerns. the King could go crazy if you try to resell his food.

sorry. couldn't resist.

it is for sanitary and customer protection. imagine if the people standing in front of you had slipped something into that drink while in the confusion of searching for that .90. same with burgers getting sent back. imagine if Brad had a homicidal wish that he wanted to complete with a little arsenic in the burger. pure speculation on that last one. i hope. these companies can get sued if they resell a food item and it was tampered with and someone else gets sick as a result. it's a CYA thing.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:10 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

they cant just give out free crap or people will take advantage of it... you cant be nice in todays business world people will walk all over you.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:25 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Here is the bigger issue. Precedence!!! If they start doing this and this spreads everyone would do this. Now on the otherhand common sense tells us, just let them have it. I To me it would be a judgement call. If it appeared to be an intentional deception I would take the drink back. If it was a genuine fubar I would let them have it.

Here is what happens at everyones favorite place to buy pre-cooked ham. HONEY BAKE HAM!!! My cousin worked there a few years ago and when hams come delivered they put them in the ovens and start cooking. Once completed they inspect the ham. If it has to much fat running throught meat they toss it in the trash. Thhey make so much money off their hams it is not uncommon for them to through 20 to 50 large cooked hams in the trash every day. They will not allow employees to take it home nor a food bank to come pick them up. Talk about waste.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:32 AM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

You forget.... if you are working at the register you dont have the ability to make the calls. You do what your told to do and if you were caught giving out a free drink you would be fired. Its not worth your job so you wont take the risk~ if the company wont let you do it then you simply dont do it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 09:49 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

or you could ask for approval with the M.O.D. 99% of the time they will say yes. all you have to do is ask.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar