damn, found this on another site... (messed up ****) - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-17-2006, 03:32 PM   #36
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: damn, found this on another site... (messed up ****)

I think someone was counting the screams assuming that each scream meant he was being hit. I only heard 2 zapping sounds, but I wasn't listening acutely so there may have been more.

If each scream was in fact a hit, then they did serve a purpose because each time they hit him, he moved closer and closer to the door.

I say hit him till he cooperates...that's when you know you have gone far enough. Either that or hog time him so he can't kick you as you carry him out...but then people would be claiming abuse of power because they hog tied him like an animal.
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2006, 03:34 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

Ah come on, he was screaming throughout the entire ****in video, you can't tell me that based on the ***** screaming :/

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:36 PM   #38
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Dude watch the video close. You can hear the taser gun go off. The only time he jumps is when he is tasered. Apparently you all are just listening and not watching.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #39
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Ah come on, he was screaming throughout the entire ****in video, you can't tell me that based on the ***** screaming :/
Well, I think they might be counting the times he when from screaming normal to screaming like someone that just had their nuts driven up to their chin. The tone gets pretty high pitched at times...

I will watch it again and see if I can pick out 5 zaps...or nut busting screams.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #40
Regular

You can watch the crowd react too.

Reddit
Old 11-17-2006, 03:42 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

People react to anything If I were there I'd be yelling at the guy to shut the hell up and go peacefully.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:43 PM   #42
Regular

Quote:
People react to anything If I were there I'd be yelling at the guy to shut the hell up and go peacefully.
Are you going to watch the video closer and try to understand where I am coming from or are you going to keep making excuses?

Reddit
Old 11-17-2006, 03:45 PM   #43
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I was only able to get 4 for sure...and a possible 5th one based on the nut curdling scream...

for sure zaps:
:31
1:48
3:15
4:33

Possible:
3:55
Old 11-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #44
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Are you going to watch the video closer and try to understand where I am coming from or are you going to keep making excuses?
I watched it trying to see the view point of the crowd and those that believe the cops are in the wrong....however my hang up comes with when before the first hit he screams and carries on about "Get your hands off me". You obviously aren't leaving...the cop was going to assist you. At this point, grab your **** and go. Don't start screaming.

The next hang up comes when he goes all ballistic about the patriot act. WTF does the patriot act have to do with him getting fried?

THe next comes after they hit him for the second time...they say get up and he yells **** you. At that point, I would have drained the battery in my taser on his ***....but, I have no patience or compassion anymore.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:00 PM   #45
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

dammit....type faster brent....I need to leave...lol
Old 11-17-2006, 04:03 PM   #46
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
I watched it trying to see the view point of the crowd and those that believe the cops are in the wrong....however my hang up comes with when before the first hit he screams and carries on about "Get your hands off me". You obviously aren't leaving...the cop was going to assist you. At this point, grab your **** and go. Don't start screaming.
I don't disagree with you at all there. In fact, 1 taser may have been needed. That one taser forced the kid to the ground and allowed the officers to handcuff him and restrain him. After that is where my problem comes in with the officers and where I feel they abused their power.

Quote:
The next hang up comes when he goes all ballistic about the patriot act. WTF does the patriot act have to do with him getting fried?
He wasn't necessarily blaming the patriot act for the situation he was in now. What he was doing is pointing out the larger scheme of things the patriot act involves. If the police are allowed to abuse their power on a campus officer level of authority with taser guns then the US government can get away with much more by passing laws such as the patriot act that gives the government more power over the people. That is my interpretation of it anyways.

Quote:
THe next comes after they hit him for the second time...they say get up and he yells **** you. At that point, I would have drained the battery in my taser on his ***....but, I have no patience or compassion anymore.
And that is abuse imo. IMO he should be able to say **** you as much as he wants to the officier. It's the definition of freedom of speech. People say freedom of speech comes with responsibility, aka you can't yell fire in a movie theater if there it not one and expect to get away on freedom of speech, but at the same time as an officer your actions do not go without consequences either. If you don't like him using his freedom of speech to say "**** you" while you put thousands of volts into his body, then don't repeatedly do it while the guy is restrained in handcuffs. Especially with 100's of students watching and even video taping it. It's abusing your powers as an officer just like yelling fire in a theater is abusing your freedom of speech as a citizen of the United States.

Just my belief.

Reddit
Old 11-17-2006, 04:09 PM   #47
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
And that is abuse imo. IMO he should be able to say **** you as much as he wants to the officier. It's the definition of freedom of speech. People say freedom of speech comes with responsibility, aka you can't yell fire in a movie theater if there it not one and expect to get away on freedom of speech, but at the same time as an officer your actions do not go without consequences either. If you don't like him using his freedom of speech to say "**** you" while you put thousands of volts into his body, then don't repeatedly do it while the guy is restrained in handcuffs. Especially with 100's of students watching and even video taping it. It's abusing your powers as an officer just like yelling fire in a theater is abusing your freedom of speech as a citizen of the United States.

Just my belief.
While one might think the **** you falls into the realm of free speech, you can not in fact just ramble off at the mouth to authority figures. When he begins with the screaming and profanity, it falls into the realm of resisting arrest...being belligerent...and public indecency or something like that. There have been several precedents set where using vulgarity to an officer does in fact = breaking the law and not fall under free speech.

Here is a homework assignment for everyone...walk up to a police officer and yell at him/her face to face "**** you" so we can get the exact laws that are broken by doing that.

None the less, as long as he learned to listen to the police next time or suffer the consequences even though they be perceived by some as excessive...

And he can take that damn race card and stick it up his ***.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #48
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

I did totally see the race thing coming...
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
**** dude I watched this yesterday while you were all asleep dreaming about ****ing Paris Hilton and her boney ***. I see the guy screaming almost like he wanted this to happen to make a huge deal about it.

Old 11-17-2006, 04:21 PM   #50
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
Here is a homework assignment for everyone...walk up to a police officer and yell at him/her face to face "**** you" so we can get the exact laws that are broken by doing that.
That is flawed research By walking up to an officer and saying "**** You" you are doing it in a state of mind that is different than the student here. This student had been tasered repeatedly while already handcuffed.

I'd be saying "**** you" too

Quote:
None the less, as long as he learned to listen to the police next time or suffer the consequences even though they be perceived by some as excessive...

And he can take that damn race card and stick it up his ***.
I don't know if it was race related. Only the officers know that. I am not concerned about that as I am the excessive use of force

Reddit
Old 11-17-2006, 04:22 PM   #51
Regular

Quote:
**** dude I watched this yesterday while you were all asleep dreaming about ****ing Paris Hilton and her boney ***. I see the guy screaming almost like he wanted this to happen to make a huge deal about it.
so you watched it once. Obviously not close enough. You get tased a 4-5 times and the worst thing you did was mouth off to a cop and see how you like it.

Reddit
Old 11-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #52

Region: Washington

I am a cop. That doesn't make me right but here is my opinion. ...
First, you can't see enough to really see what is going on. And, yes, he can scream **** all he wants, just charge him with disorderly conduct. As far as tasing him to make him stand up, if that is what is happening....that is ridiculous. Cops carried dipchits that wouldnt stand up and were under arrest for years (ive been doing it for 22 years). There was plenty of officers there to carry the guy). CARRY HIM FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. Those guys were lucky there wasn't a riot. They gave him just what he wanted, a forum to make the cops look bad. They should have carried him. Of course, I dont have all the details...that is how it appears on this tape. Plus, what happened before the tape started?...would be nice to see that.

Anyway, its a tough job, but they appear to have made some bad choices of how to deal with the situation.

ED
Fast Eddie 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
so you watched it once. Obviously not close enough. You get tased a 4-5 times and the worst thing you did was mouth off to a cop and see how you like it.
I'm not his ****in lawyer I don't need to watch it 9 times and in slow motion with captions. And for the record, he resisted arrest, failed to show ID, and mouthed off to cops refusing to leave until they started using force on him.

If I did all of those things, THEN let me be tased. Not just sitting there saying "Hey piggy you suck" and get tased, THAT's a different story.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:38 PM   #54
Regular

Quote:
I'm not his ****in lawyer I don't need to watch it 9 times and in slow motion with captions. And for the record, he resisted arrest, failed to show ID, and mouthed off to cops refusing to leave until they started using force on him.
Don't ever ***** about abusive cops then. That is what you are approving of here. These cops went too far. You can't pick and choose where you allow cops to cross the line.

Apparently you do need to watch it in slow motion because you are missing important things that are being discussed here. If you want to have a solid opinion with logic then watch it and get all the information before coming on here and arguing. If after rewatching the video and seeing that the student was not posing a threat to anyone you still approve of the 3-4 additional shots then fine, I hope you are never in a situation where a cop takes things too far and you end up getting screwed over it.

Quote:
If I did all of those things, THEN let me be tased. Not just sitting there saying "Hey piggy you suck" and get tased, THAT's a different story.
1) he never resisted arrest before being tased. The cops grabbed him by the arm as he was leaving.
2) he mouthed off after the cops grabbed his arm. They tased him once to get him under control and then they put handcuffs on him. After that they abused their power. Period. I can't believe anyone can condone 3-4 additional tasers after the student had been handcuffed.

Reddit
Old 11-17-2006, 05:45 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Don't ever ***** about abusive cops then. That is what you are approving of here. These cops went too far. You can't pick and choose where you allow cops to cross the line.

1) he never resisted arrest before being tased. The cops grabbed him by the arm as he was leaving.
2) he mouthed off after the cops grabbed his arm. They tased him once to get him under control and then they put handcuffs on him. After that they abused their power. Period. I can't believe anyone can condone 3-4 additional tasers after the student had been handcuffed.

1. DID or did I not say there was an exessive force being used on him after they tased him more than 2 times? I swear I thought I wrote that.

2. Fine, he didn't resist arrest but he resisted the officers.

3. I heard he was mouthing off to the officers WAY before whomever had taken out the camera phone started recording. Why do you think everyone was standing up and trying to see what was going on? Because he was shouting and making a huge deal over what? Nothing. All he had to do was get up and leave, but instead he acts like a baby and public and starts screaming.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:49 PM   #56
Regular

Quote:
1. DID or did I not say there was an exessive force being used on him after they tased him more than 2 times? I swear I thought I wrote that.
You said let him be tased. I assumed that meant you agreed with all the shots he took from the taser. That is the whole thing we are debating Not whether he should have been tased once but should he have been tased 4-5 times.

Reddit
Old 11-17-2006, 05:55 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Where did it say they zapped him 5 times? I'm trying to find that part but I can't seem to find it. I can agree 5 is over doing it, but they had every right to zap him.

can we all agree on that?

Zapping once or twice would have been ok but more than that is over doing it?

Old 11-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #58
Regular

and that's where I told you to watch the mother ****in video

Obviously me and Smurfin can pick out 4-5 times why can't you?

Reddit
Old 11-17-2006, 06:00 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

personally, given the kid was being a dick about leaving from the get go, i can understand a single taser shot... handcuffing him and ordering him to get up and walk out like he didn't just get 10k+ volts is pushing it. the effects of tasering are different for different people. some people can take one and are fine, others get completely immobilized for anywhere up to 15 minutes... 3-4 ADDITIONAL shocks after being handcuffed is abuse of power

if you'd just been shocked with a taser, i bet you'd be swearing at the person that did it to you, cop or not

oh, btw... the kid WAS a student of the school, he was in the computer lab using a computer... CAMPUS security asked him to show a SCHOOL ID or leave. kid couldn't find his, so the cops were called on him... cops arrived as he was walking out the door of the comp lab with his backpack... they grabbed him, and he said "get off me" ...cop busted out with the taser at the words "get off me" ...this is all according the the other students that witnessed
Old 11-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #60
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Shoulda wore out the batteries...don't mess with the bull...you'll get the horns....but I have very little compassion left so I can't sympathize with his plight. He acted a fool...and got his 15 minutes of fame.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 11:04 PM   #61
Fox

Send a message via Yahoo to Fox

I cant believe the nuts on cops now days!WTF is this world coming to?They even took my licsense to drive those ********!
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:09 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

If this is police brutality then so was Rodney King. The cops did nothing excessive. If they started beating him with caines or something then that would have been excessive brutality. But it should've never had come to this, the guy should have done what security told him in the first place, and not taken it to the point were they called the cops. They probably have better things to do than to deal with some punk ***** making a seen in the computer lab.

There's certain rule that we as member of society have to follow, and one of them is college students have to carry a student ID. You might not like it but its still a rule, and when someone of authority tells you to do something you need to do it. If you got a problem with what the cops are doing then you just cooroperate with them at the time, and then get a lawyer or something.

To be honest I thought the **** was funny as hell. The guy is just some young, spoiled college guy that wants to do his own thing. And I know I'm 24 it hasn't been that long since I've been there. When I was a kid I acted like a little thug.(No I wasn't a wigger) I use to fight and smoke and sell and I didn't want to listen to nobody, but when I would have to deal with the law I had enough sense to not give them a hard time.

And I still can't believe I'm standing up for the MFin Po. 2:
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:26 AM   #63

pretty much teh guy was being an idiot. He resisted the cops and they zapped him. if people didn't want the cops to use the tazers then why give em to them? and anyone who wants to throw the racial bs in here i'm pretty sure there was two cops that weren't white.that did the carrying out and one that help back the crowd.
Pxgamer456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

The cops should have killed everyone in the freaking library. Leave no witnesses.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

the nut**** was trying to make a point. didn't you hear him yell this is your patriot act? just like most california college kids, they are going to school to act out and put on liberal protests to the "oppressive" government. don't you remember the "nonviolent" protests that the jackasses in san fran put on a few years back. they were the jackasses that started to throw **** at the cops. it is just a statement. sad thing is that everyone believed this **** and made the UCPD look like a bunch of rogue cops. hell most of you fell for it too.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:33 PM   #66
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

^^^ Which is why they should have worn out their batteries on the dude.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:10 AM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

ah and here goes my point of view. i'm not defending the cops, i'm not defending the kid. if the cops felt at any reason that this kid may have been up to something else, the tazer is a good way to subdue someone without it killing them. every single cop gets tazered in the academy just to know what it feels like to have that happen to you

but if i were that kid, i would have just cooperated. that is why rutgers made u carry your RUID at all times

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar