cheaters - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Region: Louisiana
cheaters

Well a few of you met Ross on the Tupelo Cruise... well we split. which means next time I'm driving the fox... lol

no but really.. why do ppl cheat? why not just leave if you're interested in something else.

i find the best advice to come from someone outside of the equation, and i know there are plenty of guys here so what do ya'll think?

he told me that the reason he cheated is because he felt like he wasn't good enough for me. so i'm guessing he had to find other girls to make him feel 'good enough'. just doesn't make sense to me. if i believed he wasn't good enough for me i wouldn't have agreed to marry him.

a week ago he left for work and i had my stuff moved out before he got home after finding out he was cheating the night before. yesterday he finally spoke to me through text messaging and he finally apologized, after slinging my name in the mud to his friends at work. damage has already been done. [yes, i admit, i slung some mud back.. but mine had rocks in it )

i just don't understand the situation. he now refuses to talk to me verbally or see me in person. "I just can't handle it". If anything I should be the one not wanting to see or hear from him. All I want now is a proper apology face to face. I want to be able to forgive him so that I can move on to better things.

I'm hearing a lot of things from people that should make me hate him, but I just can't. I just can't figure out his motive behind all this.

Its more of a vent thread then a question, so I'm sorry. but all comments /advice accepted anyway lol
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
04TRV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla
Re: cheaters

Wow, what a damn coward!!! Text message? And he was your fiance? It seems like he has a bunch of excuses lined up too. What is with the "Because you're too good for me"? I've heard that before too, girl. I couldn't agree more. Just END the damn relationship already if you feel the urge/need to get your "needs" met elsewhere. I'm glad yours had rocks in it and I hope they hit him in his eyeballs. He is right about one thing - You ARE too good for him.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
Wow, what a damn coward!!! Text message? And he was your fiance? It seems like he has a bunch of excuses lined up too. What is with the "Because you're too good for me"? I've heard that before too, girl. I couldn't agree more. Just END the damn relationship already if you feel the urge/need to get your "needs" met elsewhere. I'm glad yours had rocks in it and I hope they hit him in his eyeballs. He is right about one thing - You ARE too good for him.
thanks, well put in the end.

yes, he was my fiance. i'm crushed, but life goes on.

to make matters worse, when i was driving my fox over to my new place the hood flew open on me. messed up the cowl part of the hood as well as the cowl panel, grille, and windshield wipers. BUT, at least i have something to do to get my mind off things now
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04TRV6 View Post
thanks, well put in the end.

yes, he was my fiance. i'm crushed, but life goes on.

to make matters worse, when i was driving my fox over to my new place the hood flew open on me. messed up the cowl part of the hood as well as the cowl panel, grille, and windshield wipers. BUT, at least i have something to do to get my mind off things now
What a damn coward. He needs to man up. He made the stupid decision, he should be able to face the consequences. There is someone much better than him out there for you.

Corny, but my friend once told me "Time heals all wounds" and she's right.

Damn, that sucks about your hood! When it rains, it pours, right? At least you have something to preoccupy yourself.

Chin up, buttercup.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Hmm...the "You're too good for me" excuse is pretty lame. If you are so far above his level, then he should be all over you all the time and not be interested in someone else because he is already living above his level.

As to why do people cheat? Not sure. I've been on the receiving end twice myself...best thing is to just accept that it happened and move on. It sucks, but "working it out" won't help at all. It won't be the last time he wanders off.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Hmm...the "You're too good for me" excuse is pretty lame. If you are so far above his level, then he should be all over you all the time and not be interested in someone else because he is already living above his level.

As to why do people cheat? Not sure. I've been on the receiving end twice myself...best thing is to just accept that it happened and move on. It sucks, but "working it out" won't help at all. It won't be the last time he wanders off.
you're right. getting back together isn't an option for me. i won't be an idiot again. at least not where he is concerned.

but thats how i felt about the 'too good' thing. shouldn't he be treating me like a queen and trying his hardest to make sure i'm not going anywhere if he thought so highly of me?
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 07-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #7
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalayla View Post
What a damn coward. He needs to man up. He made the stupid decision, he should be able to face the consequences. There is someone much better than him out there for you.

Corny, but my friend once told me "Time heals all wounds" and she's right.

Damn, that sucks about your hood! When it rains, it pours, right? At least you have something to preoccupy yourself.

Chin up, buttercup.
true, time does heal all wounds.. but the mean time sucks...lol

and yes, it usually does pour for me. haven't had the best of luck in my life. especially with guys.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
true, time does heal all wounds.. but the mean time sucks...lol
Quote:

and yes, it usually does pour for me. haven't had the best of luck in my life. especially with guys.
I couldn't agree more. It's a horrible feeling.

I would definitely preoccupy myself with the Stang stable.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Y2E0L0L5OGWT Send a message via Yahoo to Y2E0L0L5OGWT

Why do people cheat?

(1) Because people are pretty much always horny.
(2) Because they think they can get away with it. If people knew beforehand for certain they'd get caught, they'd be less likely to do it; however, for most, it's the "game" of not getting caught that makes it fun, if you will.

A good friend of mine once said, "Everyone is good until they get caught."
I've never heard a truer statement in my life. When someone gets in trouble for something, you rarely here people say things like "Man, that guy was such a jerk, I knew he was cheating or stealing or capable of killing or whatever". Everyone's response is always something like "Man, he was such a good, kind person, I didn't think he would ever do anything like that."

Anyway, the point is, anyone and everyone is capable of doing you wrong, misleading you, and causing you pain in the end, whether it be their intention or not...However, life does go on and the world keeps turning, of that I am certain.
'05 GT - Borla Catback, JLT Series 3 Intake & SCT SF3 Tuner, Koni Adjustable Shocks/Struts, H&R Race Springs, Roush Shifter, Hawk HP+ Brakes all around, Steeda Front Sway Bar & End-Links, Royal Purple Fluids
'2011 F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab - 6.7L PSD 4x4
Y2E0L0L5OGWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #10
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2E0L0L5OGWT View Post
Why do people cheat?

(1) Because people are pretty much always horny.
(2) Because they think they can get away with it. If people knew beforehand for certain they'd get caught, they'd be less likely to do it; however, for most, it's the "game" of not getting caught that makes it fun, if you will.

A good friend of mine once said, "Everyone is good until they get caught."
I've never heard a truer statement in my life. When someone gets in trouble for something, you rarely here people say things like "Man, that guy was such a jerk, I knew he was cheating or stealing or capable of killing or whatever". Everyone's response is always something like "Man, he was such a good, kind person, I didn't think he would ever do anything like that."

Anyway, the point is, anyone and everyone is capable of doing you wrong, misleading you, and causing you pain in the end, whether it be their intention or not...However, life does go on and the world keeps turning, of that I am certain.
very wise words. and very true.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 07-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other

you better off without someone like that!

Good luck...
zztop1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Just dont get stuck in the normal routine of guys treating a girl like a POS and she wont leave him... give someone a chance that wants to take care of you and not treat you like crap.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #13
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
Just dont get stuck in the normal routine of guys treating a girl like a POS and she wont leave him... give someone a chance that wants to take care of you and not treat you like crap.
i'll give him a chance.. once i find him..

they seem so good to me but in the end i really don't know the person. once i find out the truth i leave..

i just want to find one honest heart that will love me for me. but that'll take some time.
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 07-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #14
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Dinner and a movie........?
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

you just gotta take it slow. Your a cool girl and you'll find someone a lot better.

everything he's doing is an effort to try to make it look like it's your fault that he cheated. but guess what? You did nothing, he is the one that cheated.

If he doesn't want to talk to you, that's his loss. Move on and enjoy your life. You still have a long one to live. Date other people and enjoy the single life for awhile.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #16
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottcobra View Post
you just gotta take it slow. Your a cool girl and you'll find someone a lot better.

everything he's doing is an effort to try to make it look like it's your fault that he cheated. but guess what? You did nothing, he is the one that cheated.

If he doesn't want to talk to you, that's his loss. Move on and enjoy your life. You still have a long one to live. Date other people and enjoy the single life for awhile.
thx man. yea, the single life will be fun once i crawl out of my lil spot of misery. but i'll get there.

still can't believe that ******* drove my fox.... lol
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 07-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #17
A.K.A. Baby-D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Dinner and a movie........?
haha you're a little far away...
Previous:
2004 V6--my first pony
1988 GT--July 2010 MOTM
Old 07-01-2010, 06:10 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

look on the bright side. you won the July MOTM

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Vermont

Sorry to hear the bad news. It's better finding out now rather than later. You should try to make it to Mustang Week to relax and have fun.

02 GT 5 spd. Best 1/4 12.28 @ 112mph
67mustang97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #20
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I'll buy you a beer if you come out this weekend since I'll be in Baton Rouge.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
he told me that the reason he cheated is because he felt like he wasn't good enough for me. so i'm guessing he had to find other girls to make him feel 'good enough'. just doesn't make sense to me. if i believed he wasn't good enough for me i wouldn't have agreed to marry him.
wow, wonder what show/movie he got that one from
sweetheart, I can see you still have love for him and it's hard to let go but that will be the best thing for you to do. Heartbreak is a *****. Stay strong and hang around friends, your girlfriends* the guys will try to slide your that trouser trout* being the situation your in. Be strong and the only thing that will heal this is Time!
Tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:45 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like an ******* to me. Better be glad I don't know him. I wish you luck, I've been there before. She was a ***** and I got over it, unfortunately not tue same person cause of it. I don't know you yet but I wish you the best of luck in your transition from that trash.

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:47 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 00STANG00 Send a message via Yahoo to 00STANG00

im with lalaya she said coward i probally would of said ****ing ***** ***** but thats me. i like to make a cheater feel real depressed and feel bad for what they did
Old 07-02-2010, 07:31 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00STANG00 View Post
im with lalaya she said coward i probally would of said ****ing ***** ***** but thats me. i like to make a cheater feel real depressed and feel bad for what they did
Coward = ****ing ***** *****

Old 07-02-2010, 08:10 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

lol smart ***
Old 07-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
lol smart ***

Yessir

Old 07-02-2010, 10:26 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

haha you remind me of my ex dont ask why lol
Old 07-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Quote:
Why?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #29
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Did you only talk to your ex on the internet?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape View Post
wow, wonder what show/movie he got that one from
sweetheart, I can see you still have love for him and it's hard to let go but that will be the best thing for you to do. Heartbreak is a *****. Stay strong and hang around friends, your girlfriends* the guys will try to slide your that trouser trout* being the situation your in. Be strong and the only thing that will heal this is Time!
Exactly!

I am very sorry for what happened...it's a very sucky thing to go through!

In August of '07, I was out with my girlfriends, bragging about how much I love my b/f and how I was ready to marry him. I get home at around 11, and find he's not home (told me earlier that he wasn't going anywhere). He gets home and confesses to me that he was out with his sister's best friend (Me, him, his mom, his sister and this friend spent a weekend in the keys about 2 weeks earlier, that's when their 'spark' lit). I left that night, and moved all my stuff out the next day when he was working. I couldn't eat for weeks after that...1 bite would make me want to puke.

My girlfriends helped me BIG TIME...that is when you really learn who your best friends are! They helped me stay occupied, and would never let me become sad at the thought of him. About 6 months after the breakup I called my x to request the use of one of his lifts (I helped him open his shop...go figure! lol). As I'm installing my gears, he practically cries to me on hands and knees (not really on hands and knees, but you get the point )...apologizing for what he did...he wished it had never happened, and confessed that the 'friend' turned out to be a huge b*tch...what a surprise!! lol

I gave him about a week or 2 to really think about things...I KNEW what I wanted, but I wanted him to be sure of what he wanted. We ended up getting back together (him being honest since the first day we met gave him brownie points...he was even honest the night it happened) and about a week later he told me he loved me (didn't say it for the year we were together before the breakup). I moved back in with him, and 2 1/2 years later, we are doing better than ever. We talk about marriage and children often, and he has learned to talk and express himself rather than bottling it up and solving things on his own!

Footnotes/Moral of my long rant:

Never deal with any bull...Stand up for what you want and what you believe in...
Time DOES Heal...
Everything happens for a reason...
Everything in life is a lesson learned...don't regret, just remember.

lol Sorry for the long rant, but I swear it was a point I was getting to!
UPRDanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #31
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
haha you're a little far away...
Lol,yes I know. That's how I deal with things........twist it into a smile or laugh. Funny that you bring this topic up........I was with my ex wife for 10 yrs and she decided to cheat on me. She didn't come home till 6am after work,blah,blah,blah. She always denied it and still does but she was cheating on me with her boss. 8 yrs after we divorced that guy popped up as a manager in one of my salesmen accounts so now I have to deal with him whenever I go into that account.

Make you feel any better?
Old 07-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #32
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

That whole cheating thing is bull ****...
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 05:34 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Lol,yes I know. That's how I deal with things........twist it into a smile or laugh. Funny that you bring this topic up........I was with my ex wife for 10 yrs and she decided to cheat on me. She didn't come home till 6am after work,blah,blah,blah. She always denied it and still does but she was cheating on me with her boss. 8 yrs after we divorced that guy popped up as a manager in one of my salesmen accounts so now I have to deal with him whenever I go into that account.

Make you feel any better?

damn that sucks i worked with the guy my ex cheated on me with we where good friends wtf. its the people closer to you that would stab you then your enemies
Old 07-03-2010, 05:36 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Did you only talk to your ex on the internet?
no my ex was a smart *** and a ***** (no offence lalaya)
Old 07-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #35
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
damn that sucks i worked with the guy my ex cheated on me with we where good friends wtf. its the people closer to you that would stab you then your enemies

Things like this suck when they happen and take awhile to get over so to anyone that this has happened to you have to know that **** happens in life for a reasons and sets you up for bigger and better things down the road......here is why I say this.

After my wife and I split,I got so down that I stopped performing at my job and was almost fired. Then after 2 yrs of turning it around I received a promotion with better pay,company vehicle ect,started dating my girlfriend of 8yrs (this month) which is the total oppisite of my ex meaning non posesive,non physical or mentally abusive,doest steal my money,totally responsible when it comes to bills,cooks like she should have her own show on the food network (I've gained 40 needed pounds because of her) and the most important thing is I now have a beautiful 2yr old son which I could have never had with the ex.

Like I said,things happen for a reason so look for the positive outcome of a horrible situation.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar