Intrestin Article About this whole Kramer deal - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Intrestin Article About this whole Kramer deal

So i seen this article that was just posted on allhiphop.com (basically where every dj in the US get stheir rap gossip) and they made some intresting point of views so i thought id share this

AllHipHop.com : Editorial

Quote:
Thanks to Kramer: America Needs Him!!
By Adisa Banjoko

In the early 90's there was a female rapper/spoken word poet/Black activist named Sister Souljah.

Most people know her for the song she did with Terminator X and Chuck D from Public Enemy called "Buck Whylin'".

WATCH IT:

She made an album many people laughed off, but I thought it was amazing. It was called "The Hate That Hate Produced".

Her first single was called "Slavery is Back in Effect". The video was off the hook. In enacted a scenario where Black people were put back to work in plantations and moved to mass concentration camps.

She was hated by almost all the mainstream press. Only Phil Donahue gave her a fair platform to speak. Even Bill Clinton hated her.

She is a hero of mine on many levels, though I never agreed with everything she always said.

You thought this was about Kramer though? It is.

I saw her do lectures several times. She was and is an amazing, intelligent Black woman. One time when asked about the word @#%$, she said something profound. Basically, she said it did not matter if White people stopped calling Blacks ******s, because WE (Black people) would never stop using it. This, she asserted, was due to centuries of miseducation and lack of cultural clarity.

I grew up in the Bay Area suburbs. I got into a fair share of fights over the "n word". That's how my dad raised me and that's how I raise my son and my daughter- to defend their racial and cultural dignity.

But most people who have called me @#%$ are Black. I don't care if they meant it in love, or hate...More Black people have called me @#%$ than anybody else.

That is an actual fact. In fact, if I go to any ghetto in the Bay...I'll get called a @#%$ more times TODAY, by Blacks, than I did in my entire life by Whites.

But you thought this was about Kramer? It is.

Since Kramers obvious mental breakdown/rant, Black people from all over the country are banning together to "Stop the N Word".

Good luck with that.

Even Paul Mooney, the KING of using the word in comedy decided that he was going to stop. He claimed to be so shocked and upset. I respectfully suggest Mr. Mooney shut his mouth. I believe he is a liar. A LIAR.

He made millions using the word. So the real question is, how much money does it take to make Mooney stop using the n word. Who paid him to do it and why did they?

You see, Mr. Mooney comes from a generation where Black men were still hung, beaten, murdered, and lynched....He comes from an era where Black women were spat on and called that word just for trying to get a drink of water...Just to eat a sandwich...Just to read a BOOK- they were called that word, humiliated, and attacked.

But he claims now that it's because of Michael Richards he had an epiphany!!! Get the f**k out of here.

I ain't buying it. Just like I am not buying all these so-called Civil Rights leaders shucking and dancing to meet with Michael Richards. Meanwhile, over in NY, Black men are getting killed by cops on their wedding day. Meanwhile, Black men in the Bay are frying their brains on mushrooms and E pills. Meanwhile, I just walked out of DVI penitentiary and SAW with my own eyes the overcrowded jails with men of all races (but mostly Black and Brown)....But Kramer is where these so-called leaders run to????

The rise of N.W.A. wasn't enough? All the decades of everybody from Master P, 50 Cent, Fat Joe, Kid Rock, Non-Phixion, Necro and even Jennifer Lopez using the word gave nobody a clue about how rampant this word was being used???

Public Enemy addressed the issue with their LP in 1991. The Coup addressed it years before that. Tons of rappers and social activists have spoken out against it. But the media ignored them.

I'll tell you a story. A long time ago I interviewed pro-Black rap group X-Clan. They rapped about self empowerment and respect for women and promoted a lot of Kemetis (aka Egyptian) spirituality.

They also use the N word all the time on their albums and in interviews. I asked them why. I was told by Brother J and Professor X that the word would always be around. That you could never get rid of the word.

What puzzled me at the time was, how could they ask young Black people to call to new Gods, if they still called themselves n*****s? How could you call them to a new spiritual plane, but still encourage them to use a term Black people never KNEW, until they were enslaved on the shores of North America? Sister Souljah knew the answer...She was right.

Najee Ali of Project Islamic H.O.P.E. is the only man who kept a steady pressure on the media and entertainment companies for their constant abuse and use of the word. A lot of people who laughed at him then, should align with him now.

Michael Richards is a red herring for these so-called Civil Rights leaders. He is the red herring reason people like Paul Mooney say despite the Watts Riots, the LA riots after OJ's acquittal, the centuries of Black men and women being killed in America etc., MICHAEL RICHARDS is the cancer we must rally against???? I don't think so. These times are filled with such fakes. Black America is in shambles and attacking Michael Richards won't fix it. Neither will any new rap songs.

Sister Souljah was right in 1990 and she is right now. The masses of Black people still use it, and still love the word.

What Marcus Garvey, Macolm X, Eliah Muhammad, Martin Luther King and many others said still rings true today. It does not matter what ANYBODY thinks of you. It only matters what you think of yourself.

I just wanted to thank Michael Richards for helping Black America showcase it's own hypocrisy.

I mean, if it was'nt for him, we'd NEVER know how wrong it is to use the word. I mean, he taught us more than Malcolm, Martin, Rosa Parks, Dr. John Herik Clarke, Angela Davis, Public Enemy, PRT, Sister Souljah, Betty Shabazz and the Nation of Islam ever could. America clearly needs Michael Richards to help Black people understand themselves better.Thanks Michael, we could not win this war without you. See, I told you this was about Kramer. No go eat some puddin'.

Holla at a scholar,

Adisa Banjoko
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2006, 04:44 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Intrestin Article About this whole Kramer deal

Quote:
I just wanted to thank Michael Richards for helping Black America showcase it's own hypocrisy.

I mean, if it was'nt for him, we'd NEVER know how wrong it is to use the word. I mean, he taught us more than Malcolm, Martin, Rosa Parks, Dr. John Herik Clarke, Angela Davis, Public Enemy, PRT, Sister Souljah, Betty Shabazz and the Nation of Islam ever could. America clearly needs Michael Richards to help Black people understand themselves better.Thanks Michael, we could not win this war without you. See, I told you this was about Kramer. No go eat some puddin'.
This is not an interesting article, it is an amazing article. Great points made and I agree with him 100%

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:46 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

****ing awesome. too bad this article wont get the attention it deserves. I say someone mass-email it.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2006, 04:52 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Amen!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #5
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
****ing awesome. too bad this article wont get the attention it deserves. I say someone mass-email it.
Vote it: Thanks To Kramer: America Needs Him! Netscape.com

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

i can't quite understand why either. if the N word is such a derogetory remark toward blacks, why do they use it? most of these young punks weren't even around when the word was an attack on someone. but now they think it is okay to call each other that. and most of these bored suburban white kids hear them use it and think it is okay to say it also. the idiocracy of America today is dumbfounding. let's teach everyone of the hateful past so they can turn into a term of endearment to their fellow black man. and we wonder why school failure rate is at an all time high. no pays attention anymore. it is as big an insult to a black as being called wop or deigo is to me. btw, those are insults to Italians.

you should catch Bill Cosby's thoughts on black youth today. his are just as hard hitting. and he also focuses on their absentee parents.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:03 PM   #7
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Amazing article
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

amazing stuff. too bad it'll take another 50+ years before they can see it for themselves
Old 12-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Exactly.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar