why o why? (very long post) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Cool why o why? (very long post)

well ive been very busy workin so i havent been around for a while guys, but i stop in from time to time to check out the forums n stuff. but the reason for this post is to tell you about a "race" i had that im kinda frustrated about. well i was driving down a long stretch of 4 lane open road with a few stop lights n stop signs spread far apart. so im the only one in my lane (left lane), n im drivin a little above the speed limit, naturally. and i see a red light in the distance with an older crappy lookin Honda in my lane. the 2 lanes on this side of the road merge into one like 300 yds beyond the stop light, so i naturally think that the honda might be a little slow to start n im in a hurry, so i move to the right lane. get up to the light n stop and within 15 seconds the light turns green n im off normally but maybe a tad faster. i pull ahead of the Honda n i notice him step on the gas, so im like ok u little Honda is gunna do anything to my v6?? i know im no the fastest, but i know what i can handle n thought i could handle that car. so like 1 sec after he steps on it, i step on it and i immediatly hear "PPSSHH".....BOV 2: !?!? im like aww, wtf?? so i naturally want to keep going and mash the pedal. i jump out like 1 car. with every shift, i see the honda jump forward to my door n then fall back a little. but eventually he finally passes me. as he passes me we get close to a stop sign ahead n i let off but he just blows right through the sign. as he passed me, his car starts to smoke and my ar is engullfed in a cloud which was hard to see through n smelled like burning oil n othe important fluids.yes, i admit it, i lost. but im like frustrated n confused n pissed. i just dont understand why someone would put an expensive performance part on such a pos like that. like the car looked really sh1tty n didnt have any exterior mods. i know that they arent very expensive for Hondas, but come on. n i have some minor mods done to my car so it sounds diff than a normal v6 so he will probably say he beat a gt now. o well. sry for the extremely long post, but i needed to vent. n there werent any cars around so it was safe. as safe as racing can be.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2006, 11:49 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: why o why? (very long post)

Its really not that expensive to do nowadays. You can get a POS turd honduh for under 1000$, swap in a low mileage B series of your choice for around 1000$, and a 800$ ebay turbo kit and a 200$ ebay fmic core and if you can fab your own piping, bolt it all in in about a day. You can run Hondata or Uberdata and tune yourself. so a few grand later starting from nothing and you have a car thats mid 14 second capible sad to say. then about 2-3k later you can have the block deck closed and a forged rotating assembly and up the boost past a whole ****load after you get a turbo better than the ebay one, a standard BB 50trim would be awesome, and around that time you revamp the fuel system a bit (255 pump, fpr, dsm 450cc injectors or better) and some more tuning and with traction and a good driver you can probably run decent 12's, and be a pure menace to many things on the freeway.

2 things that stop me from doing just what i posted is 1) the people you get associated with and 2) its fwd.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:38 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Taywi

Fwd???

from old and busted to new hotness
Taywi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2006, 12:47 AM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Front Wheel Drive.....

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 02:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Yes. Honda's are the best FWD's.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 04:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

yea but its stil a good 5k. dont know about you, but 5k is alot of money to me. it just ****ty to put that kinda money into a pos car like that. dont get me wrong, if the honda that i raced actually looked decent n didnt try to crop dust me, i wouldnt be so frustrated. i actually like the riced out look when done right. ifit isnt all blown out of proportion then i dont mind being beat by a honda but this was just pure BS....
Old 12-08-2006, 08:15 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

it doesnt matter if a turd can run 10s its still a turd
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:36 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

its funny to me because they have to put more money into appearance to make it look good than performance to make it fast.

my one professor had a good quote... if you have to upgrade the rims, you should just buy a better car.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
its funny to me because they have to put more money into appearance to make it look good than performance to make it fast.

my one professor had a good quote... if you have to upgrade the rims, you should just buy a better car.
Interesting. So if someone were to put a different set of rims on a Lambo, they need to just get a better car?

And who says you have to do anything to the exterior of a honda (or any car for that matter)? You can leave it stock as hell if you want, nobody is forcing anyone to change the way it looks, if youre happy with the exterior then leave it, if youre not, change it. Thats what aftermarket is for, not everyone likes the same ****. looking "Good" is in the eye of the beholder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
yea but its stil a good 5k. dont know about you, but 5k is alot of money to me. it just ****ty to put that kinda money into a pos car like that. dont get me wrong, if the honda that i raced actually looked decent n didnt try to crop dust me, i wouldnt be so frustrated. i actually like the riced out look when done right. ifit isnt all blown out of proportion then i dont mind being beat by a honda but this was just pure BS....
So its BS cause a ****ty POS honduh beat you?

If youre not willing to admit a loss, dont be willing to commit to a race. You took the bait, he took the win. He knew he could take you and did. Dont hate, give him props for knowing how to make power with not much to work with.

Old 12-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

some like just HP/TQ some like just looks and I like both. If I was in it for getting from point A to point B the fastest I would have gotten something far different.

Just be happy your car is worth far more than his and looks FAR FAR better.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:46 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

hahaha poor guy, see around my area thats how these honda guys make money theres a crew around here of 5 hatchs ranging from differ years and all of them are 10 second cars and they look like regular ol stock hatchs

its just a loss man dont beat yourself up i mean honestly the old motto is this....theres always gonna be somebody faster then you no matter what

and btw you got 0wn.T by honduh

bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 03:47 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post

Just be happy your car is worth far more than his and looks FAR FAR better.
not necessarily.

93 prelude of a coworker with 170k on the clock and pretty ragged was sold for 11k. I however cant sell my pretty nice condition GT with a mere 85k on the clock for 12k. Most decent honduh's in this area are still at or around the 10k range, mustang prices are falling under that price very rapidly. a 99-04 v6 with under 100k is only gonna sell for roughly 5k, that honduh will go for more sadly.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:10 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

due to all the retards trying to snatch them up~
Old 12-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
Interesting. So if someone were to put a different set of rims on a Lambo, they need to just get a better car?

And who says you have to do anything to the exterior of a honda (or any car for that matter)? You can leave it stock as hell if you want, nobody is forcing anyone to change the way it looks, if youre happy with the exterior then leave it, if youre not, change it. Thats what aftermarket is for, not everyone likes the same ****. looking "Good" is in the eye of the beholder.

So its BS cause a ****ty POS honduh beat you?

If youre not willing to admit a loss, dont be willing to commit to a race. You took the bait, he took the win. He knew he could take you and did. Dont hate, give him props for knowing how to make power with not much to work with.
actually if you read my post, i did infact say that i admit i lost. n no im not tryin to say that i am mad that i lost to a honduh its just that i lost to that car. this thing was just bairly held together. i bet he might have even blew something in his motor with all the stress he put on it bcuz of the huge crop dusting that happened afterwards. way to flame....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
hahaha poor guy, see around my area thats how these honda guys make money theres a crew around here of 5 hatchs ranging from differ years and all of them are 10 second cars and they look like regular ol stock hatchs

its just a loss man dont beat yourself up i mean honestly the old motto is this....theres always gonna be somebody faster then you no matter what

and btw you got 0wn.T by honduh

n no i didnt neccesarily get ownt. he might have beat me, but he just bareley went by me. i dont care that i lost. a loss is a loss n that was a loss. if we would have had a longer road i might have caught back up n taken the lead back. but we ran out of road n i lost.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:59 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
i bet he might have even blew something in his motor with all the stress he put on it bcuz of the huge crop dusting that happened afterwards. way to flame....
he was prolly running way rich or something. Alot of the honda guys use the 450cc injectors from a stock dsm when going with forced induction (a definate step up from the 75cc or whatever is stock) and a fuel pump/fpr and call it a day, since its dumping tons of fuel. hell, some do that method and tune by adding more boost till their wideband reads where they want it to.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar