SMOKING------Chantix - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:59 AM   #36
Road Trip!

Region: Kentucky
Re: SMOKING------Chantix

Holy crap!! Batman!! Thats allot of *****ing about cigarettes

I myself will smoke till the day I die. I'm f--kn 29 years old going on 30 in march, The doctors have told me "before" I started smoking that I'd be lucky to live past 35-38 years old for health reasons I can't control, So that being said I'll smoke and enjoy it, live life as much as you can most likely you will die from something else and if you do die from cancer witch is about the only thing that could happen to you then that is the way you were supposed to die.
Straublittleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #37

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
My response,

Parkinson's Disease (PD) may have killed, by your estimates, only 5% of the total deaths associated with smoking, however, your estimates for smoking (1) Range over a 6 year period and (2) involve smoking related deaths which can be caused from second hand smoke (acute and chronic exposure), which studies have recently found even acute second hand smoke exposure can be harmful. If we average smoking related deaths per year (although, I'm sure this average number may have been way off in 1999; a comparable year for PD deaths), we would have 44,014.5 smoking related deaths, which now makes PD deaths closer to 33% or 1/3 the amount of smoking related deaths.
Those were the average deaths per year over 6 years. That means the total death by cigarettes over that 6 year period is actually approximately 1.3 - 1.4 million.

It's ridiculous to think you can be in control of nicotine. Yes it is possible to quit. Yes there are other harmful chemicals in cigarettes, but it the nicotine that keeps you smoking.

I'm not ignore Parkinson's Disease and I never said MJ Fox was faking it. You put words in my mouth. I said that disease is often times over looked because we have bigger problems in the world, such as tobacco.

While it's true the other factors contribute to poor health, it's proven tobacco great increases your chances of disease. It is 22 times more likely a smoker with have lung cancer versus a non smoker.

I'm sorry the truth hurts and it appears that I am being judgmental. I was in the same boat, but now I am a nonsmoker. Nonsmokers should be proud they aren't smokers, there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm not blaming companies for their form of advertising, I'm just trying to wake up the brainwashed smokers.

I don't care if you think I'm being an ******* for telling people the truth about smoking.

BTW, I don't believe people get turned away from a restaurant because they asked for the smoking section....which in my State no longer exists, Thank goodness!

Smoke away if you want too, but understand that you thinking your in control is just an illusion.

Also who wants to die at 36? I'd like to see my kids grow up (don't have any I know about at the moment) and possibly grand kids.

But honestly, your stupid to continue smoking. There is no benefit from it. It provides the person smoking with absolutely nothing whatsoever.

I will mention but won't elaborate, but smoking in one of the reasons our healthcare system so meesed up in the USA.

Nonsmokers have just as many rights as smokers do. And my rights end where your's begin. I shouldn't have to smell your cigarette smoke inside of a building.
Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:22 AM   #38
Titus Wadicus
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to svtlx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
Not if you quit with the right method. Once you eliminate your desire to smoke its gone.

Chantix has a 50% success rate...the other half commit suicide. (Again sarcasm intended there).

It's the people that hype up "how hard" quitting is that help keep existing smokers in the nicotine trap.
wut is this box u live in? i been smoking since i was ten..yes, i said 10. do u even know anyone that's commites suicide? is your spouse, or any of your friends have a heroin addiction? are any of them cocaine users? i think everything you are talkn bout u read in a book...and it's a far cry from reality, a far cry from wuts really goin on in the world. your one of those, "the police coulda just shot him in the leg, they didnt have to kill him" ppl. you dont know anything bout addiction...you have'nt lived enough life yet, nor has your personal world been impacted by it. it's blatenly obvious by your "it's all black and white" perception.

when the above happens to you, then come talk to me about how easy it is. ima leave it alone cause no one in this thread can seem to reach you.

bbk ssi, 70ml t.b., bbk adj.reg., bd11-a 11psi, e-cam,
racing aod, 2700 stall, 3.42 gears, ported e7, 308ci, 1.7rr, comp .560valve springs, gear drive, high dwell module, msd 6a & coil, bbk off road xpipe, mac cat back, 30lbs inj, pro-m 90mm, welded subframe connectors, boxed upper & lower trailing arms, spherical axle bushings, 255/50/16 tires, 255lph pump, 456hp
svtlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #39

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by svtlx

wut is this box u live in? i been smoking since i was ten..yes, i said 10. do u even know anyone that's commites suicide? is your spouse, or any of your friends have a heroin addiction? are any of them cocaine users? i think everything you are talkn bout u read in a book...and it's a far cry from reality, a far cry from wuts really goin on in the world. your one of those, "the police coulda just shot him in the leg, they didnt have to kill him" ppl. you dont know anything bout addiction...you have'nt lived enough life yet, nor has your personal world been impacted by it. it's blatenly obvious by your "it's all black and white" perception.

when the above happens to you, then come talk to me about how easy it is. ima leave it alone cause no one in this thread can seem to reach you.
Actually I had a roommate that committed suicide in college. I actually found him one morning hanging from his ceiling fan in his room. So yes I have experienced that.

No one in my immediate family has a heroine addiction, I did however grow up watching two household members die from cancer. One was unrelated to smoking and one was related to smoking.

Also, I don't have friends that are cocaine users so you got me there. However I do have one friend that is a habitual DUI offender (don't get me started on that).

Smoking is pretty black and white, you are either addicted or your not.

I have no problem with cops shooting people if it's necessary. Not sure what that comment added to this discussion.

At this point I've just been keep this discussion going because it's getting a rise out of you and I think that's funny...I am one of those people.

I have dealt with addiction on a personal level, as I smoked for 7 years. I started my freshman year in college. I've been a non smoker for over a year now.

All I did was share my experience with how I was able to become a nonsmoker. Then one person challenged me on my opinion that all smokers really want to quit and I fired back. Now it has escalated to a nonsense discussion of who has had more life experiences and how judgmental of smokers I am being. If you don't agree with my opinion, say you don't agree, but don't try to prove it wrong because you don't agree.

Who knows, maybe the arrogance I have about being a nonsmoker is what has made it so easy for me to remain a nonsmoker.

I'm not saying nonsmokers are better people than smokers, but all things equal it is pretty obvious that non smokers have a higher quality of life.
Jameson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:13 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straublittleman View Post
Holy crap!! Batman!! Thats allot of *****ing about cigarettes

I myself will smoke till the day I die. I'm f--kn 29 years old going on 30 in march, The doctors have told me "before" I started smoking that I'd be lucky to live past 35-38 years old for health reasons I can't control, So that being said I'll smoke and enjoy it, live life as much as you can most likely you will die from something else and if you do die from cancer witch is about the only thing that could happen to you then that is the way you were supposed to die.
+1,docs told me the same thing for nonsmoking related illnesses,that i would not make it past 25,i am 26 now and finding new health problems daily almost,again not related to cigs,i say live it up to the fullest,and if that includes smoking so freakin be it,and to the book salesman poster---yes i am still a smoker and no i will not read your damn book

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar