God is busy right now - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Re: God is busy right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebs5408 View Post
This is gonna turn into a Jihad i feel it lol
thats what caused the question
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Jihad is The muslim word for "holy war" the taliban, iran, iraq have all declared "jihad" on the united states
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

03' Mustang GT (20" Cobra R's, 40 series Flowmasters)
Zebs5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #73
Moderator Emeritus
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Lalayla Send a message via MSN to Lalayla Send a message via Skype™ to Lalayla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Are you hitting on me?
That's hot.

Layla - December 2010 Mustang of the Month
Lalayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #74
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Jihad is The muslim word for "holy war" the taliban, iran, iraq have all declared "jihad" on the united states
The extremists have declared it.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:56 PM   #75
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Everyone keeps talking about what God can/can't/will/won't do, doesn't or does make sense ect. The only thing I have to say to that is, no one on this earth knows truly and honestly how God works.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:59 PM   #76
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
Everyone keeps talking about what God can/can't/will/won't do, doesn't or does make sense ect. The only thing I have to say to that is, no one on this earth knows truly and honestly how God works.
or if he exists.

Reddit
Old 08-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #77
Registered Member

Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to Rocket 442

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
That right there is a bigger problem for theists more than nontheists

Do you believe in Free Will?
Edelbrock Performer RPM Heads & ARP Bolt Kit | Mondello JM 22-25-10 Cam - 274/280 .512/.523 | Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Full Roller Rockers | Trickflow Chromemoly 3/8" Pushrods | Edelbrock Modified Performer Intake | Pypes 2.5" X-Pipe | Dougs Ceramic Headers
Rocket 442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:51 PM   #78
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket 442 View Post
That right there is a bigger problem for theists more than nontheists

Do you believe in Free Will?
As I stated earlier in this thread I think I have heard a lot of good arguments for both sides of the free will discussion. I am still pretty much undecided on the issue.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:11 AM   #80
Regular

There is nothing to argue about free will. You are free to do whatever the hell you want. If you want to believe, based on no evidence what so ever, that some God has everything planned out for you, then so be it. But there is no debate about this because there can be no facts presented. Religion is the all time bull**** story. Its about nothing but control and judging.

Religion is bull****. Period.

Reddit
Old 08-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
or if he exists.
Had to laugh here.. While I already knew you weren't part of the sheeple, it's still uncommon to find someone who is not easily persuaded when provided with someone else's argument.... too many people just take something someone says and runs with it.

Quote:
Why do people that almost die suddenly find God? Does he speak to you? Are you just scared into believing? I'm not being a smart ***, I just want an answer. Its like people that go to jail for life find God because thats all they have left at that point.

It makes no logical sense to not believe in something and then only believe in it because you almost died and didn't. If its because of the drugs, you can not do drugs and better your life without having to believe in God.
I love hearing about someone who has been dramatically changed just as much as the next person, but I know plenty of people who have came to God on their own and pursued his ways on purely faith. Some people tend to forget faith is believing something that you have no way to know if it's true or not. Some people are blessed with powerful testimonies and some no testimony at all. We as humans tend to enjoy powerful testimonies, I blame this on our need for a fact or entertainment.

Brent some of these people use God as the answer to their unknown questions. We are curious beings and well we can't stand the unknown. By moving our thoughts to God we tend to let go of some of the unknown becuase it's what we are told. There are plenty of reasons why people who have dramatic experiences such as jail, near death, and ect ect. Inmates are great examples, they actually take the time to invest research and reading into many different things to fill the voids of time. Some read the bible and it helps them understand so much about life that they are led to God. Another compelling answer is that remorse in some criminals and sinner's lives lead them seeking forgiveness. They learn they are saved and always forgiven and seek shelter in his word.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:25 AM   #82
Regular

I am ok with people that want to think there is a higher being out there but if you are caught up in religion in this country you are looking in the wrong place. You are nothing but someone who is being manipulated by a group of people to believe in what they believe in. These groups use scare tactics and peer pressure to get you to conform to their belief system.

Believe in a higher power but don't pretend you know how the higher power wants you to live because you don't. You just know there is a bible and it has a lot of crazy bull**** stories that you are suppose to interpret so you can live your life by those examples.

Every time a religious person tells me how I should be living and what I should or shouldn't be doing I want to punch them. I can't understand how you people go to Church with a bunch of judgmental people who think they are higher than everyone else. I mean for ****s sake most of the time you are in a Church building all your hear is ****ing gossip.

Reddit
Old 08-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I am ok with people that want to think there is a higher being out there but if you are caught up in religion in this country you are looking in the wrong place. You are nothing but someone who is being manipulated by a group of people to believe in what they believe in. These groups use scare tactics and peer pressure to get you to conform to their belief system.

Believe in a higher power but don't pretend you know how the higher power wants you to live because you don't. You just know there is a bible and it has a lot of crazy bull**** stories that you are suppose to interpret so you can live your life by those examples.

Every time a religious person tells me how I should be living and what I should or shouldn't be doing I want to punch them. I can't understand how you people go to Church with a bunch of judgmental people who think they are higher than everyone else. I mean for ****s sake most of the time you are in a Church building all your hear is ****ing gossip.

I agree with most said. IMO you can blame this whole thing on 'religion'. The bible is not based on any religion. Religion is based on parts of the bible depending on the interpretation of the bible depends on the religion. Churches are corrupt in most cases. While you may have people who are doing what they can to do the right things, you still have the bad 'seed' in the batch someone. In my church experiences I find hipocracy, judging, and gossip like you said. I would like to think my religion would be to be more like Jesus and walk with the sinners and criminals non-judgementally and protect everyone equally. There are many cases where Jesus stood up for the prostitute or whoever to the man who were attempting to cast stone or judgement.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:00 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

SaleenFiend may I ask what you do for a living? You seem like a very wise and highly educated person.
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:37 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA View Post
SaleenFiend may I ask what you do for a living? You seem like a very wise and highly educated person.
I impersonate wise and highly educated people.

Honestly, I haven't choose a profession in life. I'm a 23 year old student who can't make his mind up whether to be an engineer, IT analyst, mechanic, police officer, entrepreneur, math major, chemist, physicist, or bum. I've taken enough prerequisite courses to consider myself a degree in 'unknown' with not actually having a diploma in my hand. I've lived a long but short life as I watch both of my older brother's grow-up and as I have raised my 4 year old daughter all the while getting divorced due to a cheating abusive spouse, oh and I also solely provided for my family all the while.

I just like to think about things thoroughly and focus on all sides of the stories. I blame it on my ethnics classes. I have also noticed that the correlation of math and physics in real life have played a heavy toll on my endless thought process as I try to ponder interesting things such as religion, science, and life. If I were born to be good at anything I think it would be at thinking while hi. I haven't touched a drug since I was 17 or 18 but when I did, I smoked the hell out of some pot. It had me thinking about all aspects of life constantly. Space in particular. Oh, I forgot to add, I almost went from an Astronomy major too.

If you were to meet me in real life you would probably just think of me as your everyday ordinary guy. I just can't hide my choice of vocabulary on paper (or internet forums for this matter). Besides this is the great ever expanding bliss of the internet's nothingness which will settle into oblivion one day anyways right?

Maybe one day I'll explain the beginning of the big bang theory, ya know? I mean if there can't be one without the other (anti-matter/matter) then what actually originated the big bang theory? Energy/Non-Energy can't just appear! Does e=mc2. I really hope the movie KPAX was based on a true story...

/rant

Yes, I need another beer! If you could... take most of the above with a grain of salt. I'm just having some fun. (Although, the paragraph about school & family is true)
Old 08-21-2010, 07:26 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

so is there any chrisitians on ME? Just wondering....if you dont believe in God thats ok ...i think we shold close this thread.
04' mustang 3.9 40th Anniversary Edition- (V2 Vortech Supercharger, 38# injectors, 3.73 gears w/ T-lok, Predator Diablo, Mac cold air intake, Port & polished upper AND lower intake manifold, Mac Long Tube Headers, Mac o/r H pipe, flowmasters, 2.5 flowmaster tips)

Old 08-21-2010, 10:39 AM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
so is there any chrisitians on ME? Just wondering....if you dont believe in God thats ok ...i think we shold close this thread.
Im a Catholic.........
Old 08-21-2010, 01:45 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA View Post
Im a Catholic.........
I'm a Christian. I believe in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. Although, I don't try to act like I walk around acting the way I should.

I don't think this thread should be closed. While I find a lot of this offensive it's free speech and I enjoy hearing all angles of the opinions. Why do people shy away from what they don't like to hear? Seems like a good way to go about uneducated.
Old 08-21-2010, 02:58 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

the forum is about coming together from a common bond.....this thread is just gonna divid us...and i dont act like im suppose to either and am convcted daily of it..i think this thread is gonna start arguments and we should never ever argue about the word! weather your defending it or against it.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
the forum is about coming together from a common bond.....this thread is just gonna divid us...and i dont act like im suppose to either and am convcted daily of it..i think this thread is gonna start arguments and we should never ever argue about the word! weather your defending it or against it.
Hey Zebs..... don't yuu know? Everybody knows?

da da bird bird bird, bird is the word

Old 08-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

you lost me for a min but then i caught on lol

Old 08-22-2010, 01:58 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Good song to go cruise too with the top down. (or at least I think)
Old 08-22-2010, 12:32 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

I agree with Brent, if you people want to believe in god and jesus was his son that ok, I don't think anything negative about you all. I just don't believe jesus walked on water and if you believe in the bible, you don't believe dinosaurs roamed the planet earth because the bible dates back only 6000 yrs, humans were on earth way before then, even Obama don't believe in your god. It's nothing but a story, you know, like Goldilocks and the Three bears
Tape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #94
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

I would like to welcome everyone to ReligionEvolution ..

Where did the mustangs go? hahaha
Old 08-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
I would like to welcome everyone to ReligionEvolution ..

Where did the mustangs go? hahaha
+1

i wish they would close the thread

Old 08-22-2010, 08:24 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1

i wish they would close the thread
Closing this thread would be against Brent's religion & Political views.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar