George Bush has dropped the ball horribly. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
George Bush has dropped the ball horribly.

I can't believe the kind of crap Bush has been letting happen since the Iraq war started. He is nothing more than another tool that is getting pushed around by the world and not being tough where he needs to be.

FOXNews.com - John Bolton: Mideast Peace Efforts a Waste - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Great article on John Bolton. This guy seriously needs to run things. He knows what the real deal is. I'm sick of Bush and his cabinet trying diplomacy with Iran. Its not going to work. Period. I am sick of all Bush's stubborn views on Iraq and his loyalty to solutions that aren't working. I am tired of him taking action to late. He screwed up the elections and let the democrats gain control again. He screwed up when he didnt get rid of Rumsfield. He screwed up royally when he let the democrats remove John Bolton. There needs to be people like John Bolton running this country. The ones that don't bend over to please France and all the other pitiful countries out there that just sit back and expect us to do everything and then get pissed off when we do do something. I am sick of this Iran crap. It's been going on for over a year. Bush can't even get a good resolution to pass the UN with TOUGH sanctions on Iran because he is getting slapped around by Russia.

It's absolutely pathetic. When was the last time something good happened in this country? We are one of only two or three developed countries that doesn't provide medicare. Social security is a joke. Out congressman are crooked sick people and Iraq is a disaster. I'd vote for an impeachment of Bush if I knew someone like Bolton would get in there and make some changes. I am just tired of the way us Americans let these SELECT few people run this country into the ground. Instead of taking on Social Security and Medicare we vote on whether to ban gay marriage. Are you serious? Do you people seriously think gay marriage is remotely as serious as the health and security of our country?

We have Iran sitting right next to Iraq trying to influence what happens. Even having Iran advisers meet inside Iraq BEHIND OUR BACKS. Since when did we let Iraq run it's own country how they see fit? We shouldn't. It is not the Iraqi people that died for Iraq's freedom it was American's and damn you Iraq if you think we should just let you do whatever the hell you want including meeting with our enemy behind our back.

It's just a disgrace. George Bush is a horrible disgrace and a huge let down. His whole cabinet is a let down. Now before you jump on me about Bush, take everything I just said about Bush and you can apply that to the Democrats too. I'm just so upset when I turn on the TV and hear all this crap while our Americans are dying over in Iraq so Iraq can deal with the enemy and the rest of the world can snub us.

/rant

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Re: George Bush has dropped the ball horribly.

so you are saying that you want the government to provide medicare? any form up government provided health care is a disaster waiting to happen

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24 View Post
so you are saying that you want the government to provide medicare? any form up government provided health care is a disaster waiting to happen
I am wanting the Government to provide some kind of medicare to people that can not afford it. I'm not saying to do away with private health care at all. I am saying help those that can't help themselves. Medicare right now if a disaster and a joke. Besides the whole medicare thing, that wasn't even my main point or what has pissed me off so much lately. It's the way Bush has a total disregard for the security of this country.

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

so... what you're saying is, you wouldn't support Bush if he could run for president again ... sorry, I agree, of course, I felt that way about 8 years ago.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 03:40 PM   #5
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
so... what you're saying is, you wouldn't support Bush if he could run for president again
Correct

Reddit
Old 01-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

It would depend on who would run against him. I'd vote against him in the primaries, but if he was up against someone like Kerry/Dean/Clinton/Edwards (or any of those hardcore libs) I'd have to vote for GW.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Old 01-14-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

bush dropped the ball?!!?!?!??!?!? NO WAY
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

his speech on the war literally made me cringe.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I think it would have been much worse if Al Gore was president on 9/11, and I'm not even very political.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #10
Regular

I'm beginning to doubt that.

Reddit
Old 01-14-2007, 07:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

X2 I am a conservative voter and I dont like alot of the liberal politicians,reason I went Republican for the last 8 years.Nobody is perfect and when you live in the spot light like Bush and are doing what you think is right well someone is gonna knock you around or start some crap.Nobody is perfect even the president atleast we dont have sex scandals on the nightly news in the Oval Office anymore.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #12
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbronco View Post
X2 I am a conservative voter and I dont like alot of the liberal politicians,reason I went Republican for the last 8 years.Nobody is perfect and when you live in the spot light like Bush and are doing what you think is right well someone is gonna knock you around or start some crap.Nobody is perfect even the president atleast we dont have sex scandals on the nightly news in the Oval Office anymore.
Give me a break. Bush has blown this whole thing up. I'd take sex scandals over dead Americans in Iraq any day. This war is an absolute disaster.

Reddit
Old 01-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

lol, i remember saying most of this to you a couple years ago and having you lambast me lol

the things that change
Old 01-14-2007, 08:19 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Give me a break. Bush has blown this whole thing up. I'd take sex scandals over dead Americans in Iraq any day. This war is an absolute disaster.

Someone's believing the press a bit too much

-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Old 01-14-2007, 11:49 PM   #15
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24 View Post
Someone's believing the press a bit too much
Classic response.

Reddit
Old 01-14-2007, 11:54 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Classic response.
whats worse is it used to be yours as well.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:18 AM   #17
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

IMO the whole damn government has dropped the ball. I hate politics and my faith in our government drops as each day passes
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:36 AM   #18
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
whats worse is it used to be yours as well.
Used to be. Now I don't defend this crap anymore. It's unacceptable.

I'm tired of the party lines. It's time to hold everyone accountable. Including Bush. You don't want to make Bush look bad and the democrats look good? Then your no worse than the democrats that most republicans claim want something to go wrong just so they can blame it on Bush.

Reddit
Old 01-15-2007, 01:08 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Used to be. Now I don't defend this crap anymore. It's unacceptable.

I'm tired of the party lines. It's time to hold everyone accountable. Including Bush. You don't want to make Bush look bad and the democrats look good? Then your no worse than the democrats that most republicans claim want something to go wrong just so they can blame it on Bush.
totally agreed. hard to blame it on one politician, but then again, in politics, **** runs uphill, not downhill. i think the whole system in itself needs to be re-thought, the whole two-party balance of power is turning into a civil war, and is going to implode this democracy and America is going to become the modern version of Rome, a vast empire that crumbled under its own weight.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:26 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
is Brent admitting he'd prefer CLINTON over BUSH????

wow, I remember Brent and I having quite the debates when Bush and Kerry were running. I really can't believe I'm reading this change of point of view. But also, I remember stating Gore would've been better

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:51 AM   #21
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
is Brent admitting he'd prefer CLINTON over BUSH????
No I don't prefer either.

Quote:
wow, I remember Brent and I having quite the debates when Bush and Kerry were running. I really can't believe I'm reading this change of point of view. But also, I remember stating Gore would've been better
Kerry is no better than Bush. Gore is up in the air. We wouldn't be in Iraq had Gore won in '00.

Reddit
Old 01-15-2007, 02:08 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Kerry is no better than Bush. Gore is up in the air. We wouldn't be in Iraq had Gore won in '00.
Brent you can't be serial. Al Gore is a idiot.(ManBearPig)

And Kerry just goes with whatever he thinks will be popular with the public.

I thought that Clinton was alright, but there were certain things that I didn't like about him.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:44 AM   #23
Regular

Bush is an idiot. He has handled this war horribly. Just horribly. I'm no fan of Gore either but I'm not about to give Bush a free pass just because he has an R in front of his name.

Reddit
Old 01-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #24
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if you dont like it change it, thats part of America... it may not be easy but if you just talk about how wrong it is and never try to change it then whats the point... other than you liking to simply talk about how people are screwing things up lol.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

So should we not have went to war at all? Or is Bush just handling it wrong? If so, how should it have been done?

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:24 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via AIM to MidnightSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightSpeed

Quote:
Classic response.
No kidding. Most military guys you talk to are even put out with it all.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:28 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
We wouldn't be in Iraq had Gore won in '00.
nope, the democrats would have done nothing, and its very likely we would have been attacked on an even larger scale since then. remember what clinton did when the WTC was first attacked in 93 by Laden? yeah, nothing. oh the only time clinton went after terrorists was to get the media off his back for getting his cack sucked, and thats even doubtful that ever happened.

good thing now, is with the military buildup over there, the terrorists are fighting our military there, instead of thinking of ways to terrorize over here. we continue to put pressure on that region and distract them from planning attacks on america because they are so focused on fighting in that region.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSpeed View Post
No kidding. Most military guys you talk to are even put out with it all.
thats funny, most military guys i talk to are fully for the war. 2 out of 4 of the marines i know are signing up and getting ready to go back to Iraq as i type this.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

War isnt pretty and I dont think we have had enought direction in the war nor enought troops I hope the new ideal preposed will allow us to win the war beacuse like it or not if we lose we will have 9/11 times one hundred we simply can not allow the extremists to win.
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 12:33 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

My god, thats like, 911000!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
My god, thats like, 911000!
omgbbq!

thats 2,733,000 planes going suicidal!

Old 01-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
thats funny, most military guys i talk to are fully for the war. 2 out of 4 of the marines i know are signing up and getting ready to go back to Iraq as i type this.

I must agree with Thomas. My dad retired last January after serving 25 years, but before retiring he was deployed over there twice during this current conflict, and he was all for the war. Of course he would tell you that you had to watch out over there, but he will also say that there is alot more good happening over there than bad, and that the media want cover an of that but when someone is killed or something tragic like that their quick to post it all over the news. I guess this is kind of like what the media did during Vietnam.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #32
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
So should we not have went to war at all? Or is Bush just handling it wrong? If so, how should it have been done?
We shouldn't have gone into Iraq. The timing was horrible, the decision was rushed and a solid plan was not there.

At the very least, we should have gone in, removed Saddam from power, and then left and let them battle it out for 20 years in an unorganized mess. Would have been no threat to us.

Reddit
Old 01-15-2007, 02:13 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

until that one group that was stronger than the rest heals itself enough to do a 9/11 on us again. but this time it would be better planned out and more lives would be lost than the last time. hindsight is 20/20. it's easy to look back and say, "damn. why didn't we do it this way?" but if we did nothing, or waited to long to do anything, we would appear more vulnerable than we already did. if you get hit by someone looking to fight, do you turn tail and run the other way? or ball up on the ground in a fetal position and hope it all goes away? hell no, you hit back, and then wipe the blood from your nose and continue to strike until they can't get back up.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:14 PM   #34
Regular

Quote:
nope, the democrats would have done nothing, and its very likely we would have been attacked on an even larger scale since then. remember what clinton did when the WTC was first attacked in 93 by Laden?
One extreme to another? I'm not going to sit here anymore and say "Yea it's probably better we are in Iraq right now, with Iran about to become a Nuclear nation, North Korea already testing a nuclear weapon (with no kind of response other than "Bad North Korea", and now... hey guess what? The Democrats are back in power!

Congratulations Bush. You successfully screwed EVERYTHING up.

Quote:
oh the only time clinton went after terrorists was to get the media off his back for getting his cack sucked, and thats even doubtful that ever happened.
I'd rather not go into a war than go into a war and it end up like Iraq Just because we didn't go into Iraq doesn't mean we would have been attacked on a larger scale. 9/11 was no 1993 WTC attack. Something would have been done, most likely the same thing in Afghanistan. You don't believe it? That's your choice. I do. All you can do there is play what If.

Quote:
good thing now, is with the military buildup over there, the terrorists are fighting our military there, instead of thinking of ways to terrorize over here.
I guess if you want to think of it that way. So how long are we going to fight millions of millions of terrorist over in Iraq just so they won't come over here? How many "military" are we going to lose (aka Americans in a Uniform) before we say... well this probably wasn't a great idea.

Quote:
we continue to put pressure on that region and distract them from planning attacks on america because they are so focused on fighting in that region.
Pressure? Like what? We have Iran inside Iraq trying to alter the country already. The war isn't even over. We have Iran saying they will continue to build nuclear weapons. Who is going to stop them? America? You want another war? You want another war in an area exactly like Iraq where your enemy is a 40 year old women that walks out of a building with an Ak-47, cradling it like a baby? Is this what you want to keep fighting, on the ground, in the Middle East?

I don't. I'm sick of it.

Quote:
Yea well it goes both ways. Everyone can say "I know military person x and he/she loves this war and thinks it's a great idea, so therefore ha! You lose, I got a military friend on my side!" Well I have talked to plenty of people who have been over in Iraq as well. They say it's a disaster. It's a lose-lose situation. If we stay we continue losing troops for what progress? If we leave we lose thousands of troops that we could have saved by just doing what I suggested, removing Saddam and then leaving in 2003.

Reddit
Old 01-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #35
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
until that one group that was stronger than the rest heals itself enough to do a 9/11 on us again. but this time it would be better planned out and more lives would be lost than the last time. hindsight is 20/20. it's easy to look back and say, "damn. why didn't we do it this way?" but if we did nothing, or waited to long to do anything, we would appear more vulnerable than we already did. if you get hit by someone looking to fight, do you turn tail and run the other way? or ball up on the ground in a fetal position and hope it all goes away? hell no, you hit back, and then wipe the blood from your nose and continue to strike until they can't get back up.

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. There was no threat inside Iraq that called for an immediate attack while already engaged in another war. Iraq was a decade away, if not longer, from obtaining/starting any kind of weapon of mass destruction program. Where was the reasoning for going full scale into Iraq?

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar