Its a shame that Dr. King died in vain - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Its a shame that Dr. King died in vain

This morning a friend of mine (a white girl) went running around campus. After running for a while, she ran down a street where a large group of black students were having a rally for MLK Day. After noticing my friend, this group started cussing at her and yelling at her to "get off their street". She didn't want to start anything (since it was like 100 vs. 1) so she ran down a side street after being yelled at. I am so pissed off about this, she has every right to be on that street as everyone in that group did, especially since they were rallying for a murdered civil rights leader. I'm so glad I didn't go with her this morning, because I wouldn't have been so level headed about it like she was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: Its a shame that Dr. King died in vain

it's called reverse racism. being white is now being the minority. so, in effect, she was treated the same way blacks used to be treated in the sixties. and no, i am not saying this excuses the way she was treated. only offering explanation. it is completely wrong and incomprehensible as to why anyone would treat someone that way.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

I understand it, I am just pissed off about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2007, 01:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

as am i. in a society that is as tolerable and liberal as ours is today and the people that are being catering to are biting the hand that feeds them. but it is much like the kid that is bullied at school. all his life he is bullied, the minute he is given a position of power, he, in turn, becomes the bully. in a perfect scenario, you would think that the bullied would turn that struggle into a learning experience and teach others a little tolerance, knowing what it feels like to go through that. but unfortunately, it becomes a power trip.

I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Yep it's sad

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

its sad how some people actually think they know about such things and go and do stupid crap like that...
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

my friend got beat up in high school one time by a group of black kids and got suspended for it.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
my friend got beat up in high school one time by a group of black kids and got suspended for it.
He should have...I mean, what right did he have trying to break their knuckles with his face. I'm surprised he wasn't flat out expelled. Must not have bled on them...or else he probably would have been.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

well ill tell you what i member back when i lived in the ghetto i was like maybe 7 or 8 there was this MLK memorial and on this day the KKK rallied up and went the memorial outfits and all and burned a cross in his memorial. Man ill always remember that **** man its like burned in my mind. Caused the biggest ordeal in my city.

Just crazy i wish there was someone out there in todays society that can make a differ the way he did. I have so much respect for MLK its crazy
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:19 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

just wish i would quit being blamed for what people over 100 years ago did. Im sorry that Americans owned slaves. I didnt. Hell my ancestors didnt even own any that I know of. Just poor europeans that went to Oklahoma.

and to think "black" countries are the ones who truly started slave trading when they captured other tribes....if only the punks that think I owe them for what a white man did to a black man over a hundred years ago, knew that.

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

its crazy around my area. the center of my city is crazy ghetto, thank god i live on the outskirts or i would probably be shot twice already. and no im not racist, just stating fact. i think its funny how they accuse white ppl of being so racist and yet the are ones with the crazy my s**t dont stink attitude and i can verbally/physically abuse white ppl bcuz they enslaved us an a$$ long time ago. and once again, i am not racist. i infact have a couple good black friends, its the ones with the shotty attitudes that i dislike.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

"i love black people, but i HATE ******s"

~chris rock
Old 01-15-2007, 09:17 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

People want an excuse for why they are failures so they blame others instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.

And no, I'm not saying that black people, or minoritys are naturally lazy. It is a problem with society and inner city culture. Nobody is encouraged to work hard to get anywere, instead, people stay dependant on government. And those government officials stay in power by promising more and more free handouts. It's a vicious cycle really.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24 View Post
People want an excuse for why they are failures so they blame others instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.

And no, I'm not saying that black people, or minoritys are naturally lazy. It is a problem with society and inner city culture. Nobody is encouraged to work hard to get anywere, instead, people stay dependant on government. And those government officials stay in power by promising more and more free handouts. It's a vicious cycle really.
I agree 100%. When you can live your life off of foodstamps, why try to better yourselves? You are better off making a living off of others hard work than you are your own these days.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I nearly came to blows in the middle of history class in high school with this ignorant guy that thought simply because I was white I OWED him/his family reparations for slavery. I explained to him that neither I nor my family had owned slaves. And as a matter of fact my family had been sharecroppers. Translation=white slaves to the biggest extent. My family and his had probably worked the same field side by side. He talked like (and he may never have) he had never heard of sharecroppers.

I dont know which is worse: Ignorance, refusal to learn, or lack of desire to improve one's self. I have no tolerance for people regardless of race/color that simply want to sit back and say gimme.
Riversnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #17
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

You know what. I will go out and say it. I am a racist. I am prejudice against black people. You know why? Because that color culture, as a whole, made me that way. I have tried and tried to think positively about Black culture as a whole for so many years. I have given up. I met a friends friend last night. He was black. You know what types of thoughts went through my head when I met him? I am not going to detail them, but lets just say they were negative. We hung out that night, and I liked him. He is a cool guy and I look forward to hanging out with him again. Sadly, now, in my mind, black people are now guilty until proven innocent (mind you I am speaking about my personal opinion upon meeting someone). You can call me a racist, biggot, *******, whatever. I have tried for 23 years to be open minded and not be racist. Unfortunately, the "African-American" culture as a whole apparently doesn't want me to.

MLK fought for equality. Most blacks today don't want equality. They want to be treated better than everyone else. **** THAT! Just as MLK said when he was alive to numerous white people, you are no better than me because of your skin tone.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 12:11 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

^+1
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:33 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Thats ****ed up.

But every group of people is racist. I've met plenty of racist White people, Black people, Hispanics, and Asians. And I guarentee you that all of ya'll are racist to some existent, everybody is. I don't care if your best friends black, or your wife is Chinese, you have seen something that someone did and stereotype them because of their race. It might be a correct stereotype, ever race has there differences, but most people would consider a person racist if someone judged them based on their ethnicity.

Just my 2 cents. :afro:
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 04:40 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

BTW I don't think there's anything wrong with being slightly racist. Its probably actually a good thing in some wierd way or another. Just as long as you don't hate someone because of the color of their skin.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:10 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

i don't discriminate. i hate everyone.

Old 01-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
You know what. I will go out and say it. I am a racist. I am prejudice against black people. You know why? Because that color culture, as a whole, made me that way. I have tried and tried to think positively about Black culture as a whole for so many years. I have given up. I met a friends friend last night. He was black. You know what types of thoughts went through my head when I met him? I am not going to detail them, but lets just say they were negative. We hung out that night, and I liked him. He is a cool guy and I look forward to hanging out with him again. Sadly, now, in my mind, black people are now guilty until proven innocent (mind you I am speaking about my personal opinion upon meeting someone). You can call me a racist, biggot, *******, whatever. I have tried for 23 years to be open minded and not be racist. Unfortunately, the "African-American" culture as a whole apparently doesn't want me to.

MLK fought for equality. Most blacks today don't want equality. They want to be treated better than everyone else. **** THAT! Just as MLK said when he was alive to numerous white people, you are no better than me because of your skin tone.
^i've actually been leaning toward this line of thought since i moved to tennessee... since 2002 i've met so many black people that act like i owe them, or that they're better than me, that i've been driven into the negative thought camp... that's not to say that i haven't met my share of cool black people, i do have a few that i can hang with, with no issues, but the majority of them want me to owe them something

**** that
Old 01-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post

same here
Old 01-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post

I feel the same way Nate !! Seems they want special treatment and they are always playing the race card .
I'm so sick of hearing about the white man holding them down ****. If they got their *** off the stoop and make a effort .They might just find out hard work is what get you the good things in life

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to MstangLvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I agree 100%. When you can live your life off of foodstamps, why try to better yourselves? You are better off making a living off of others hard work than you are your own these days.
exactly.. i dont understand that either.. i work at a grocery store and there are so many people who have those food stamp cards that dont need them.. and its not all black people.. there are some people who come in there with really nice clothes on, with diamonds around their neck and in their ear.. they will whip out a razor phone and when i give them their total they say its foodstamps.. it wouldnt be that bad, but when the next person in line is an older person who you can tell doesnt have enough money to buy food with.. and when i give them their total, it is too much so they have to put something back.. but because they are white.. or are trying to help themselves instead of depending on the gov't.. they dont "need" foodstamps.. and i think its wrong too that we are still getting punished for something our ancestors did hundreds of years ago.. we didnt do it.. but we are still punished for it everyday.. and im not racist.. i grew up with quite a few black friends.. i have known them since 3rd grade.. i have nothing against black people.. i have something against lazy people who take what others actually need
MstangLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post

I use, I'm an equal opportunity biggot, I hate everybody.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:23 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

my only problem is that we are letting people take advatage of the welfare system. arent you only suppuse to have welfare for 2 years max? coulda sworn but its quite obvious that with section 8 and welfare people are never gonna wanna get a real job but live off of everyone elses hard earn work.

sucks man cause if it were up to be there wouldant be welfare get a ****ing job then you can really complain that the immigirants are taking your job cause obviously you never wanted it in the first place
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar