SCREW @SS HOLE COPS - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
SCREW @SS HOLE COPS

I dont have a prob with cops.......over half the ones in the city and county are friends of mine. Listen To this.... my dad gets into a wreck today and I go to see if hes ok, I roll the window down and talk to him a second the the cop writing the report keeps glaring at me so I said hi to him. I drove off and my dad said he told him to tell me he's looking for me. I was like what? Well last year when I first got my car the windows on it were 5% all the way around and he ended up pulling me over, giving me a ticket for tint and searching me for drugs. I was pissed. So I retinted the windows and got a friend of my to tell him the they were legal to drop the ticket. Anyways So now supposedly hes looking for me what a dousche bag. I even have the recipt for the retint. Agghhh I hate cops that have nothing else better to do but be a$$es.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: SCREW @SS HOLE COPS

mod the GT so all he can do is look and not catch you.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:31 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
mod the GT so all he can do is look and not catch you.
good advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

maybe he just wants to ask you out.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:11 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

gotta love small town cops ive had issues like that when i lived down in Pittsburgh they just have no life and i usually tell them that too **** em seriously tell them to go solve a real crime or something
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:28 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
tell them to go solve a real crime or something
that would require brains and/or effort.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

Quote:
that would require brains and/or effort.
this is very very true
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

So what % is your window tint?

Quote:
House Bill Restores Georgia's Window Tint Law

GEORGIA STATE PATROL

NEWS RELEASE

May 6, 2005

HOUSE BILL RESTORES GEORGIA’S WINDOW TINT LAW

(ATLANTA) - Governor Sonny Perdue has signed House Bill 20 which reinstates Georgia's window tint law on motor vehicles. Colonel Bill Hitchens, commander of the Georgia State Patrol, said the law became effective Monday, May 2, with the signature of Governor Perdue. The Georgia State Patrol will be issuing educational warnings during the month of May. He said troopers will begin issuing citations on June 1.

Georgia's window tinting law was struck down as unconstitutional last year because the provisions applied only to vehicles registered in Georgia. "House Bill 20 corrected the language so the law applies to all vehicles, whether registered in Georgia or another state," Colonel Hitchens said. "The window tint law is a safety issue, not only for law enforcement officers as they approach a vehicle during a traffic stop, but also for drivers so they can better see approaching vehicles while they drive."

The law allows for the same light transmission standards as the previous law. It is now illegal for window tinting material to be applied to the rear, side and door windows of motor vehicles that does not allow for more than 32 percent of light transmission (plus or minus three percent). It is also illegal for materials to be applied to the windows that increase the level of light reflected to more than 20 percent. Additionally, except for the top six inches of the windshield, no material or glazing can be applied that would reduce the light transmission through the windshield.

Among the exemptions to the window tint law are: adjustable sun visors not attached to the glass; signs or stickers displayed in a seven-inch square in the lower corner of the passenger side of the windshield or in a five-inch square in the lower corner of the driver's side of the windshield; law enforcement vehicles; and any federal, state or local sticker or certificate which is required by law to be placed on any windshield or window. Also exempted under the law are the rear windshields and side windows, except the windows to the left and right of the driver, on multipurpose passengers vehicles; school buses and buses used for public transportation; buses and vans owned or leased by any religious or non-profit organization; limousines; and any other vehicle where the windows or windshields have been tinted or darkened before factory delivery or permitted by federal law or regulation.

Violation of the law by either driving a vehicle with illegal window tint or installing the illegal material is a misdemeanor and punishable by a fine up to $1,000 and/or up to 12 months imprisonment.

-30-
Old 01-16-2007, 11:37 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Ok well heres the thing. It was 5 all the way around. Someone told me that as long as I retinted the 2 big side windows legal that they cant really do anything. Reason being the little meter slides onto the window and they really dont have a way to test the back glass or small windows. So I just put the 2 big side windows legal leaving the rest 5%. A truck or suv can have the back glass dark as they want it but you cant on a car. I have no idea why. So If he pulls me over I dont know what hes goin to do about the small windows and the back one.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
Old 01-16-2007, 11:47 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Pocket Detective Window Tint and Reflectivity Meter (Window Tint Meter) For Use On All Windows — PromotorCar Products

Quote:
Transmission Measurements using the window tint meter

Remove pair of passive pucks from face of meter and place meter unit onto outside surface of glass using the suction cup to secure the meter to the outside surface of the glass.

Activate the meter by pressing the On/Recall button.

Place the Transmission Puck (one with white toned retro-reflector) on inside surface of glass carefully aligning with the indicator arrow pointing up (towards suction cup arm) and press Trans. button.

Transmission reading will automatically appear on LCD display and Trans. indicator light will illuminate. Repeat measurement 3 times to confirm a consistent measurement.

The darker the tinting the smaller the reading on the meter. With lighter tinting the meter reading is larger to coincide with more light passing through the glass.

The unit will register Limo-Tint (Black-Black) around 2.0% -8.0% transmission. Clear auto glass measures around 70.0%-85.0% transmission

Meter will automatically turn off in 60 seconds
This will work on all windows
Old 01-16-2007, 01:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

**** him. I too hate cops like that.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:18 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

local cops usually dont give me problems with tint. the only problem (ticket) i got was from a state cop and it was in addition to a speeding ticket. sucks that you had an ******* cop.. thats probably one of the most assholish things ive ever heard a cop do.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 01:23 PM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I had a trooper pull me over and write me for talking on my cell phone w/o hands free, rolling through a stop sign, and threatened to write me for illegal tint on my rear door windows of my explorer. You know...the factory tint? Stated it was factory, said it was illegal, I was lying, and continued to belittle me saying I was trying to be an ***. Ended up begging him to write the tint ticket...dared him to actually. Even stated I like his badge and it will look great on my wall after he writes the tint ticket.

Never did write me for the tint, explained the ordeal to the judge, he argued with the judge that my tint was in fact illegal, judge told him to get that racial chip off his shoulder (guess he harasses a lot of white dudes and a lot of tickets get tossed because of it), and then tossed out my tickets. Was a good day.

Moral, yes, there are good cops (In mississippi was let off of going 95 in a 70 on I-59, was doing 110 just before I crested the knoll), and their are ******* cops like I described. Some people just can't handle the power they gain with the badge.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:57 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

reminds me of one *** hole state trooper. where I used to live we had a new birdge going in, nearly no one ever worked on the bridge and it was in the middle of a valley and the speedlimit was 35mph, very hard to do you literally have to ride the brake hard to not break the speed limit. the troopers would line up and give tickets left and right, look up killen, alabama we were number one one year for the worse speed trap.

The troopers got tired of me never braking the law and always going 34mph by them so... they pulled me over for window tint instead....
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 03:13 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
reminds me of one *** hole state trooper. where I used to live we had a new birdge going in, nearly no one ever worked on the bridge and it was in the middle of a valley and the speedlimit was 35mph, very hard to do you literally have to ride the brake hard to not break the speed limit. the troopers would line up and give tickets left and right, look up killen, alabama we were number one one year for the worse speed trap.

The troopers got tired of me never braking the law and always going 34mph by them so... they pulled me over for window tint instead....
hahahahaha thats kinda funny
Old 01-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post

Yup, I got a window tint ticket by that bastard. I only had the car for about a month at the time, and I wasn't even the one who put it on there. Cost me $25.

Anyway, I think he just wants to make sweet love to you Riden, and he's mad because he knows he never will.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

What? $25? that cant be right because its $175 here

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
Old 01-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

this is the type of cop that i DON'T want to be.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenmystang View Post
I've heard over 300 in starkville. Can't confirm that though.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
this is the type of cop that i DON'T want to be.

I have so many cop friends but this guy is just a plain out jerk. I dont kno what his prob is either I guess he just doesnt like to see someone have something. I just dont like the idea of him saying he's looking for me. What a ******.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
Old 01-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridenmystang View Post
Yup. There was about 10 of us that day. They called us all down to the front at the beginning of the proceedings. They asked us if we had all removed the illegal tint. All we had to do is go outside, show the trooper the tint was removed, and pay the 25 bucks.

I didn't mind removing mine, because it was old and purple-looking anyway. If you just paid the fine, I'm sure it would be a lot more.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

dam, its only a fix-it here. you either pay the fine and continue on, or take it off and get it written off and pay the paperwork fee (12$ i think). the fine, however, is like 250$ first offense, 500$ the second and so on and so forth if i recall.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

Yea I have been tinting windows for about15 years now and had my own business for a while doing it. Ive had illegal tint on everyone of my cars a never gotten a ticket. Gotta watch out for those ******* cops who have nothin else better to do

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydog View Post
Yea I have been tinting windows for about15 years now and had my own business for a while doing it. Ive had illegal tint on everyone of my cars a never gotten a ticket. Gotta watch out for those ******* cops who have nothin else better to do
your in virginia so i know what you mean my tint is at 11% and i think virginia law is 65% or something like that.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

The point is, you're not within the law. I used to have 35% tint on my windows. 35% tint over the factory tint comes out to around 28. Needless to say my car didn't pass anywhere. I started lobbying for the law to be changed because like you say Suv's have really dark tint on the back from the factory. In the end, it didn't make a difference, my tint is off my car, and the cops are in the right to write tickets for it.
It's to the point here now that when you go in for your yearly inspection sticker if you have tint they measure and put a sticker on each individual window. Not worth the trouble to me, and I used to love my tint.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:35 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
It's to the point here now that when you go in for your yearly inspection sticker if you have tint they measure and put a sticker on each individual window. Not worth the trouble to me, and I used to love my tint.
yearly inspection?

dam people make fun about cali and smog, but ours is 2 years apart and not even the full on anal probing ref stations care about tint.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:40 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
yearly inspection?

dam people make fun about cali and smog, but ours is 2 years apart and not even the full on anal probing ref stations care about tint.
Uhm Thomas....I had my boss's lincoln, cadillac, the mark v, the isuzu, both ford trucks, the van, the manager's lincoln, and his wife's 88 cadillac all inspected today. On average it took about 2 minutes for him to write down the plate number and mileage and put the new sticker on.
Really it's just an extra tax boost for the state gov, they make 2.50 off each car and the guy who does the inspection makes 2.50. I normally call and have mine shipped to me, takes alot less time.

We have an emissions law...but we also have a clause in it that says it can't be enforced lol.

I'll put up with bogus tint laws to not have cats or egr or cops who care about exhausts/intakes/superchargers/turbochargers/drag cars on the streets on slick and skinnies, etc.
About 75% of my friends around here wouldn't be able to drive but a mile or two into cali without getting pulled over and towed probably. Not many cats left in this town...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 01:03 AM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

please stop, youre making me jealous! i wish we had that clause.........

Old 01-17-2007, 01:52 AM   #30
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

we don't have an inspection or anything here. No bogus tax either. I have seen full on dune buggies drivin down the road.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Uhm Thomas....I had my boss's lincoln, cadillac, the mark v, the isuzu, both ford trucks, the van, the manager's lincoln, and his wife's 88 cadillac all inspected today. On average it took about 2 minutes for him to write down the plate number and mileage and put the new sticker on.
Really it's just an extra tax boost for the state gov, they make 2.50 off each car and the guy who does the inspection makes 2.50. I normally call and have mine shipped to me, takes alot less time.

We have an emissions law...but we also have a clause in it that says it can't be enforced lol.

I'll put up with bogus tint laws to not have cats or egr or cops who care about exhausts/intakes/superchargers/turbochargers/drag cars on the streets on slick and skinnies, etc.
About 75% of my friends around here wouldn't be able to drive but a mile or two into cali without getting pulled over and towed probably. Not many cats left in this town...

Cats???!?!? Emissions?!?!?!? What is this you speak of Brad?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:29 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

shoot, we have an emissions law that is enforced to the extent that you can't get a car inspected if it fails an emissions test. it's done by a computer that is linked to Austin. you can't even fudge this type of test. i miss the old days when you pay a dude $50 and he slapped a sticker on a car without even looking at it.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar