The basics Of Islam - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
The basics Of Islam

Living in the Tampa area I can concur with
this, we have more Muslims in our neighborhood
monthly and they are very active in the schools
preaching all the time about their "rights" and how
tolerant we should be of their faith. However
toleration is a one way street with them. We are to
learn about Ramadan, etc. but they are not to learn
about Easter or Christmas. What is below is very
true. "In God We Trust"

The Basics of Islam
This is a must read -- it's short but Very
informative!

The Muslim religion is the fastest growing
religion per capita in the Unite d States, especially
in the minority races!

Allah or Jesus? by Rick Mathes

Last month I attended my annual training session
that's required for maintaining my state prison
security clearance.

During the training session there was a
presentation by three speakers representing the
Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who
explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the
Islamic Imam had to say.

The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics
of Islam complete with a video. After the
presentations, time was provided for questions and
answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to
the Imam and asked:" Please, correct me if I'm
wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics
of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war]
against the infidels of the world. And, that by
killing an infidel, which is a command to all
Muslims, they are assured of a place in heaven. If
that's the case, can you give me the definition of
an infidel?"

There was no disagreement with my statements and
without hesitation, he replied,

"Non-believers!"

I responded, "So, let me make sure I have this
straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded
to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they
can go to Heaven. Is that correct?"

&n bsp; The expression on his face changed from one of
authority and command to that of a little boy who
had just gotten caught with his hand in the cookie
jar.

He sheepishly replied, "Yes."

I then stated, "Well, sir, I have a real problem
trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all
Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering Protestants to do the same in order to go to Heaven!"

The Imam was speechless.

I continued, "I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are
telling your followers to kill me. Let me ask you a
question. Would you rather have your Allah who tells
you to kill me in order to go to Heaven or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to
Heaven and He wants you to be with me?"

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: The basics Of Islam

amen.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 10:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

:approve:
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

word
Old 01-17-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

good stuff. its funny how toleration works. I would be more apt to tolerate someone else's views and religion if they would tolerate mine. Does that ever happen? nope. Here is a little thing I posted on Brent's political sight a while ago that pretty much sums up what I think about all this toleration crap.

I am offended by so many things, but because I am a white male Christian republican, I am pretty much screwed. I can't complain about the things that offend me for then I will be labeled a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever. I cannot practice my beliefs and share them in many public places at the risk of being labeled a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever. Because I am a white male Christian republican, I don't have as many rights as the minorities of this country. This country has become prejudice against white male Christian republicans. But I suppose in saying that, I am a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:41 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
good stuff. its funny how toleration works. I would be more apt to tolerate someone else's views and religion if they would tolerate mine. Does that ever happen? nope. Here is a little thing I posted on Brent's political sight a while ago that pretty much sums up what I think about all this toleration crap.

I am offended by so many things, but because I am a white male Christian republican, I am pretty much screwed. I can't complain about the things that offend me for then I will be labeled a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever. I cannot practice my beliefs and share them in many public places at the risk of being labeled a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever. Because I am a white male Christian republican, I don't have as many rights as the minorities of this country. This country has become prejudice against white male Christian republicans. But I suppose in saying that, I am a racist/bigot/sexist/whatever.
you racist/bigot/sexist/whatever.

wait... i guess what you said makes me one too. oh well.

I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:59 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

This seems like a click and copy. The Muslim religion does NOT want their believers to go and kill everyone who isn't a believer in their faith. WTF?!?!?! **** like this gets spread around the internet and then the Muslims really will eventually get pissed off because so many ingorants believe this crap.

I got an email a while back that said the 9th chapter and verse 11(see the 9/11 reference) of the Koran said something to the extent of, "The towers of the nation of the eagle will fall....." There isn't even a verse 11 in the 9th chapter in the Koran. And this was sent to me by my Uncle who is a music director in a Baptist Church in Louisiana. He had sent it to several hundred of his friends/acquaintences. Fortunately someone emailed him and corrected him and also sent the email to everyone else. People really need to know what they spread, before they spread it. Ignorance spreads hate just as much as intolerance does.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

To add to that, being a Christian raised Baptist, I know for a fact that we Christians are also guilty of not wanting to hear someone elses side of their beliefs, but we want them to listen to ours. I am by no means comparing Protestant/Catholic to Islam, but sometimes we also are guilty of being intolerant.

Also, may I refer you to hear to learn about what Islam is ACTUALLY about. The word Islam actually translates to "peace" or "submission."
Introduction to Islam

And the part about "Allah or Jesus," Allah is another name for God, and translates to God. Mohommed would actually be more of a comparison to Jesus, when comparing the two religions. Not saying I believe they the same in any means, just if you were comparing the two and trying to make a "point."
Old 01-19-2007, 09:15 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
To add to that, being a Christian raised Baptist, I know for a fact that we Christians are also guilty of not wanting to hear someone elses side of their beliefs, but we want them to listen to ours. I am by no means comparing Protestant/Catholic to Islam, but sometimes we also are guilty of being intolerant.

Also, may I refer you to hear to learn about what Islam is ACTUALLY about. The word Islam actually translates to "peace" or "submission."
Introduction to Islam

And the part about "Allah or Jesus," Allah is another name for God, and translates to God. Mohommed would actually be more of a comparison to Jesus, when comparing the two religions. Not saying I believe they the same in any means, just if you were comparing the two and trying to make a "point."
Tell that to all the family's of the US Force Being killed By that peace loving religion. While you at it speak to the family of the twin tower victims Islam sure showed them alot of love !!!!! and I have no tolerance for islamic rag heads and people who support or defend them

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
Old 01-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
Tell that to all the family's of the US Force Being killed By that peace loving religion. While you at it speak to the family of the twin tower victims Islam sure showed them alot of love !!!!! and I have no tolerance for islamic rag heads and people who support or defend them
Im with the Herb on this one.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:26 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

IF you actually listen to the people who are truely Islamic, the people who attacked the towers aren't even recognized by the Church of Islam.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:29 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So because I say that not all of the people who are Islamic, you say that you don't tolerate any of them or people who defend them, that mean you aren't ganna tolerate me? What the F UCK is this the 60's? What's next you ganna call me a raghead lover???? No wonder this country is going to hell. Stereotyping, racist, people like you keep the ignorance going just as much as the "ragheads" as you say keep the intolerance going.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:09 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I just think that Islamic people are way too Islamic. That's my only problem with them. That and they like jelly beans WAY too much.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 04:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

/\
Old 01-19-2007, 04:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

it may be the radical side of Islam that is being respresented, but it is still Islam. and intolerance that everyone is so freely speaking of is with the killing in the name of Allah. We are infidels. We must die because we do not agree nor follow their teachings and beliefs. And for you to say that we are ignorant and hateful because of our opinions makes me believe that you don't pay much attention to what they are doing. they would just as soon decapitate you for being a Christian. Are you a follower of Islam? if the answer is no, then you must die. now explain to me why we must express tolerance and acceptance of them if they refuse to reciprocate.

and finally, what is wrong with this country is too many bleeding heart, tree hugging, i have two daddies, liberal blowhard *****es out there that have made this country so PC that the pussification of America is in full swing. now please tell me why i should be tolerant of a religous group that is represented by their murderous fanatics? noW try to explain that same line of bull**** to the families of the nearly 3000 men, women, and children that died on 9/11. and then go to the families of the several thousand soldiers that have died to protect and defend the freedom that you so loosely throw around and take for granted. then sit back and try to believe yourself.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

How in the hell am I taking my freedoms for granted? And who are you to judge that. My point was that you(not you specifically) should know what they are making fun of before you judge it. I'm not saying all Islamic people are perfect. I am saying that the MAIN sect of Islam does not condone the killing of innocent people. You would know that if you read up on some of their beliefs.
Old 01-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
How in the hell am I taking my freedoms for granted? And who are you to judge that.
most people do nowadays. so i just assumed by your defense of a religion that recognizes a faction that condones the killing of innocents because we don't believe in their religion. and whether or not they believe in peace, they accept and support their radical side. that to me is just as bad.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:35 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

The thing is they don't. Granted they don't do much about it, but when you have 10's of 100's of Terrorists surrounding your family and religion, you really can't say, "Hey dumbphuck, stop claiming your Islam, or we'll excommunicate you." I'm not supporting them by any means, just saying they don't support it as much as you may think they do.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

im posting this because im in general agreement of what this person has to say, and I think that as american's we should all feel this way, because we are living in a time of increasing danger of slowly and silently being stripped of our own liberties...

just remember exactly what happened on september 11th not many years ago.. do you remember where you were?

The lady who wrote this letter is Pam Foster of Pamela Foster and Associates in Atlanta. She's been in business since 1980 doing interior design and home planning. She recently wrote a letter to a family member serving in Iraq....... Read it!

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?

Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia

I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured that I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank that I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts that I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and ---- you guessed it - - I don't care ! ! ! ! !

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your e-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior!? If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button.

Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great country.

I am not deleting this, I am sending it on, but only after

I add:

--"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."

-- Ronald Reagan

I have another quote that I would like to add AND...I hope you forward this such as I have.

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

also by... Ronald Reagan

I normally wouldn't post something like this the forums but I thought considering the subject it wouldn't be too much of an anoyance to you guys.

93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

^ thats pretty good
Old 01-22-2007, 05:00 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I know it's still a technicallity, but the people who went into towers weren't recognized Islams. Just cause they call themselves that doesn't make them that. I don't think that we should persecute a religion because some people say that they are Islam. Timothy McVeigh was a white guy who killed hundreds of innocent people and was CATHOLIC and was recognized Catholic by his Church. Let's start hating all the white people now. What about David Koresh? How many innocent lives lost there? Ever notice that we stereotype every race/religion except your typical Caucasian American Christian?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:37 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Timothy McVeigh was a white guy who killed hundreds of innocent people and was CATHOLIC and was recognized Catholic by his Church.
One big difference... McVeigh didn't do it in the name of Catholicism.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I know it's still a technicallity, but the people who went into towers weren't recognized Islams. Just cause they call themselves that doesn't make them that. I don't think that we should persecute a religion because some people say that they are Islam. Timothy McVeigh was a white guy who killed hundreds of innocent people and was CATHOLIC and was recognized Catholic by his Church. Let's start hating all the white people now. What about David Koresh? How many innocent lives lost there? Ever notice that we stereotype every race/religion except your typical Caucasian American Christian?
so let me get this straight your comparing a group of people that do respesent Islam religion whether or not you dont think they are...they are their called the extremist of the religion to 1. a guy who never did his bombing based on religion but for his hate to the government and 2. to a guy who thought he was prophet to his cult. (which has nothing to do with any religion just his own believes)

right i think you need to get your facts straight before you try making a point cause that point you just made failed...horribly

BTW you are better off comparing the extremist of Islam to the extremist of caltholics like that god hates *** group just a suggestion cause i know thats what i would have used would have been smarter anyways
Old 01-23-2007, 09:40 AM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstangboy View Post
im posting this because im in general agreement of what this person has to say, and I think that as american's we should all feel this way, because we are living in a time of increasing danger of slowly and silently being stripped of our own liberties...

just remember exactly what happened on september 11th not many years ago.. do you remember where you were?

The lady who wrote this letter is Pam Foster of Pamela Foster and Associates in Atlanta. She's been in business since 1980 doing interior design and home planning. She recently wrote a letter to a family member serving in Iraq....... Read it!

"Are we fighting a war on terror or aren't we? Was it or was it not started by Islamic people who brought it to our shores on September 11, 2001?

Were people from all over the world, mostly Americans, not brutally murdered that day, in downtown Manhattan , across the Potomac from our nation's capitol and in a field in Pennsylvania?

Did nearly three thousand men, women and children die a horrible, burning or crushing death that day, or didn't they?

And I'm supposed to care that a copy of the Koran was "desecrated" when an overworked American soldier kicked it or got it wet?

Well, I don't. I don't care at all.

I'll start caring when Osama bin Laden turns himself in and repents for incinerating all those innocent people on 9/11.

I'll care about the Koran when the fanatics in the Middle East start caring about the Holy Bible, the mere possession of which is a crime in Saudi Arabia

I'll care when Abu Musab al-Zarqawi tells the world he is sorry for hacking off Nick Berg's head while Berg screamed through his gurgling slashed throat.

I'll care when the cowardly so-called "insurgents" in Iraq come out and fight like men instead of disrespecting their own religion by hiding in mosques.

I'll care when the mindless zealots who blow themselves up in search of nirvana care about the innocent children within range of their suicide bombs.

I'll care when the American media stops pretending that their First Amendment liberties are somehow derived from international law instead of the United States Constitution's Bill of Rights.

In the meantime, when I hear a story about a brave marine roughing up an Iraqi terrorist to obtain information, know this: I don't care.

When I see a fuzzy photo of a pile of naked Iraqi prisoners who have been humiliated in what amounts to a college-hazing incident, rest assured that I don't care.

When I see a wounded terrorist get shot in the head when he is told not to move because he might be booby-trapped, you can take it to the bank that I don't care.

When I hear that a prisoner, who was issued a Koran and a prayer mat, and fed "special" food that is paid for by my tax dollars, is complaining that his holy book is being "mishandled," you can absolutely believe in your heart of hearts that I don't care.

And oh, by the way, I've noticed that sometimes it's spelled "Koran" and other times "Quran." Well, Jimmy Crack Corn and ---- you guessed it - - I don't care ! ! ! ! !

If you agree with this viewpoint, pass this on to all your e-mail friends. Sooner or later, it'll get to the people responsible for this ridiculous behavior!? If you don't agree, then by all means hit the delete button.

Should you choose the latter, then please don't complain when more atrocities committed by radical Muslims happen here in our great country.

I am not deleting this, I am sending it on, but only after

I add:

--"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."

-- Ronald Reagan

I have another quote that I would like to add AND...I hope you forward this such as I have.

"If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under."

also by... Ronald Reagan

I normally wouldn't post something like this the forums but I thought considering the subject it wouldn't be too much of an anoyance to you guys.
I Like it !! And yes I **** hate too !! I have my option and others have theres That's the great thing thing about this country. We can freely voice our feeling . My feeling have already been stated .I lost a cousin on 9/11 and will never forget or forgive

Quote:
Old 01-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
so let me get this straight your comparing a group of people that do respesent Islam religion whether or not you dont think they are...they are their called the extremist of the religion to 1. a guy who never did his bombing based on religion but for his hate to the government and 2. to a guy who thought he was prophet to his cult. (which has nothing to do with any religion just his own believes)

right i think you need to get your facts straight before you try making a point cause that point you just made failed...horribly

BTW you are better off comparing the extremist of Islam to the extremist of caltholics like that god hates *** group just a suggestion cause i know thats what i would have used would have been smarter anyways

Actually those facts ARE STRAIGHT. I never said he did it in the name of Catholicism. Like I said, just because people "claim" to be something, it doesn't mean they are. I was just giving other examples of misleadings/attacks.

What about who funded the Mujahadeen in the early 80's? This is the same group who turned into the Taliban and was still being funded by the U.S. for quite some time after the fall of the Soviet Union. This is the same group that went into the Trade center.

"The best-known mujahideen were the various loosely-aligned Afghan opposition groups that fought against the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan during the 1980s and then fought against each other in the subsequent Afghan Civil War.

The mujahideen were significantly financed, armed, and trained by the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) during the Carter and Reagan administrations, Saudi Arabia, the People's Republic of China, several European countries, Iran, and Pakistan (during the Zia-ul-Haq military regime). The Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) was the interagent used in the majority of these activities to disguise the sources of support for the resistance.

Ronald Reagan praised them as freedom fighters, and the 1988 Rambo III portrayed them as heroic.

Following the Soviet retreat, many of the larger mujahideen groups began to fight each other. After several years of this fighting, a village mullah organized religious students into an armed movement, with the backing of Pakistan, who was being funded by the United States, which found the existing government to be too Russian-influenced, even following the collapse of the Soviet Union. This movement became known as the Taliban, meaning "students", and referring to the Saudi-backed religious schools known for producing extremism. With each success the Taliban had, their popularity and numbers grew."

From Mujahideen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:19 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I Like it !! And yes I **** hate too !! I have my option and others have theres That's the great thing thing about this country. We can freely voice our feeling . My feeling have already been stated .I lost a cousin on 9/11 and will never forget or forgive

:patriot:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar