A pretty sad story that happened yesterday - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Unhappy A pretty sad story that happened yesterday

I just got off work after working but I wanted to show ya'll this think before I go to bed. Its about a shooting that happened yesterday about a mile from my job were a 2 year old girl got caught in the crossfire and was killed, possible by her dad Im assumming. I imagen it was drug or gang related or something of that nature but I don't really know.

Quote:
Two-year-old shot, killed in Swansea

(Swansea) Jan. 22, 2007 - Swansea police are investigating the shooting death of a two-year-old child.

Investigators say two masked men were involved in a shootout with a resident at Elm Creek Apartments around 6am Monday morning.

The two-year-old child was caught in the crossfire that punched holes in the wall and roof near the doorway of unit 229.

Investigators tell News 10 that Laura McMichael, 24, was outside getting ready to take her kids Jaquan and Jayla to daycare when the two masked suspects asked if the children's father was home. She answered yes, and they walked up the steps to her apartment.

Swansea police chief Ben Spence says, "She was trying to open the door and there was a little problem opening the door, it appears. She was trying to open the door and the father inside opened the door. When he did, one of the assailants drew his weapon to fire at the father. Father had his weapon with him. He fired a shot. The mother ducked to get out of the way and at that time the two-year-old was struck."

The two-year-old girl, who was in her mother's arms, was caught in the crossfire.

Katrina James lives downstairs, "I just seen the daddy when he had his gun and he went upstairs."

James says he was screaming, "He just kept saying he was going to kill them or whatever."

The girl was pronounced dead at Palmetto Richland.

Rita Coleman says her entire family is grieving the loss of Jayla. Coleman is a cousin of the girl's mother, "Real hard, real hard. I mean I know how I feel, so I can imagine how her grandmom and how they feel too. I mean it's just hard. You just can't describe it. I feel so bad about it myself. So you just can't imagine, I mean, just anybody got to go through something like this."

The father of the child, James Peeples Jr., and the mother were both grazed by bullets. Both have non-life-threatening injuries.

Authorities said the masked suspects did not take anything. They never entered the home, and they fled once the homeowner started firing back.

Police say at least three, possibly four shots were fired. They found casings from .40 and .45 caliber weapons. But it's not clear who fired the shot that killed the little girl.

Police say the two are considered armed and dangerous. They are believed to be driving a four-door black Oldsmobile Intrigue with tinted windows.

Reported by Jack Kuenzie

updated 6:05pm by Bryce Mursch
WIStv.com Columbia, SC: Two-year-old shot, killed in Swansea

If these bastards want to kill each other I really don't care, but they need to do it away from innocent people. You don't have any kind of morrals to do something like this.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2007, 07:22 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Re: A pretty sad story that happened yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I just got off work after working but I wanted to show ya'll this think before I go to bed. Its about a shooting that happened yesterday about a mile from my job were a 2 year old girl got caught in the crossfire and was killed, possible by her dad Im assumming. I imagen it was drug or gang related or something of that nature but I don't really know.

WIStv.com Columbia, SC: Two-year-old shot, killed in Swansea

If these bastards want to kill each other I really don't care, but they need to do it away from innocent people. You don't have any kind of morrals to do something like this.
Agreed !!

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Re: A pretty sad story that happened yesterday

that sucks you hear it all the time around my area. Thing is when your in that line of "business" these guys just dont give a **** they'll get you any way any place any time.

Believe me when i say this I know this rather all to damn well. I know it isnt comparable (babies death to a teen) but back in 94 my own cousin was shot down in front of the HS in front of everyone cause he finally wanted to get out of the gang (Latin Kings).

Its the worse thing that can happen to anyone. and im so ever thankful that my parents after that picked up and moved cause we literally feared our lives cause he was always over (i have other cousins that are part of that gang still). It was a crazy moment in my life and still to this day people in the media bring it up and other people talk about it. But it just shows the reality of how that lifestyle is.

I just dont get sometimes why people dont get it. You say morals but how can you say they need morals when they do illegal business. Its illegal for a business.

Ah sorry for the rambling just touches home a bit ya know
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar