A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...2007/1/24/6735

Good news for PS3 fans
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-24-2007, 03:11 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

ah good so they released 10 solid games then..

oh you meant the console itself.. gotcha
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 430
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

pfff....just get a 360....
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-24-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
pfff....just get a 360....
x20. I don't see it worth getting a PS3 until the price goes down. Then maybe they will actually have games worth playing.
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:29 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

lol, i knew you'd just have to show your undying support for sony at some point
__________________
I don't own a mustang at the moment
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #6
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

I like the Playstation.

If you want you can search wii and we can see who the true fanatic is

I could careless. I thought I'd post something about it because there have been a lot of problems. If you don't like the PS3 I could careless.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 430
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

aww, no need to get all defensive brent, lol. i like sony, some of their products are pretty good and others still have qwerks that they dont like to fix. their prices probably wont come down much, if at all. its all because of the blu ray. the ps3 is the same price as the 360 if add the blu ray add on that microsoft put out. for me, hd and sd arent that big of a deal. you basically see the same stuff, not like your really missing out on something crazy. but kinda sux, there are sony playstation only games that i would really like to play but cant bcuz im not about to put out that much money. o well.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

I'm just tired of fan boys. I don't have anything against the xBox, wii or any other console out there that isn't sony. I just love the PS3 and the technology it has. It is far superior to the xBox and given time to mature you will see this. The Cell processor has 8 cores. That's basically like having 8 processors in the PS3. My desktop computer is a Dual core machine... puts that in perspective. All the PS3 games are multithreaded as well to make use of 7 of the 8 cores as one of the cores is dedicated to security.

Once the little bugs in BluRay are gone the PS3 is going to be awesome. Blu-Ray isn't going anywhere. It has the most corporations backing it. Some of the biggest movie stuidos use Bluray over HD-DVD. This is something that Sony has done right.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

its not that I don't/wouldn't like it..

I can't afford it, so I'm bitter
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:57 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
its not that I don't/wouldn't like it..

I can't afford it, so I'm bitter
pretty much plus id like to get a nice HD TV so i can actually justicify spending that much on a gaming system
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #11
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
pretty much plus id like to get a nice HD TV so i can actually justicify spending that much on a gaming system
Yea I am not buying it until I have a 1080p tv to get the most out of it
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:47 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Once the little bugs in BluRay are gone the PS3 is going to be awesome. Blu-Ray isn't going anywhere. It has the most corporations backing it. Some of the biggest movie stuidos use Bluray over HD-DVD. This is something that Sony has done right.
I think HD-DVD is the next thing..reason being is look at what the pron industry is using.

If you look back at when there was the big thing between VHS and Beta, the pron industry chose VHS and that's what went big. Just something that's kinda cool to look at and then see what's going on now.
The Beta was a ton better in everything over the VHS, but..it was still chosen to be used by everyone eventually.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:51 PM   #13
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
I think HD-DVD is the next thing..reason being is look at what the pron industry is using.

If you look back at when there was the big thing between VHS and Beta, the pron industry chose VHS and that's what went big. Just something that's kinda cool to look at and then see what's going on now.
The Beta was a ton better in everything over the VHS, but..it was still chosen to be used by everyone eventually.
That's true. However Beta had no support at all. Blu-ray has a lot of big names backing it. More movies are Blu-Ray than HD-DVD right now.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:53 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

I still think it'll be fun to watch it all pan out.

BTW, PS2 ftw lol.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:36 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm just tired of fan boys. I don't have anything against the xBox, wii or any other console out there that isn't sony. I just love the PS3 and the technology it has. It is far superior to the xBox and given time to mature you will see this. The Cell processor has 8 cores. That's basically like having 8 processors in the PS3. My desktop computer is a Dual core machine... puts that in perspective. All the PS3 games are multithreaded as well to make use of 7 of the 8 cores as one of the cores is dedicated to security.

Once the little bugs in BluRay are gone the PS3 is going to be awesome. Blu-Ray isn't going anywhere. It has the most corporations backing it. Some of the biggest movie stuidos use Bluray over HD-DVD. This is something that Sony has done right.
yeah but youre comparing a console built like a console to a console built like a PC.

sure it has massive processing power, thats cause thats all that runs it, compared to the 360 which uses a processor, gpu and ram in a configuration much like a PC. they are both awesome, but the argument of "oh wait till they have games that use the system" is wasted. PS3 was in production for how many years? that argument works for the 360 cause it took all of a few months to market and produce, so most game makers were halfway through their standard xbox games when they recieved the order to port them to the 360. these launch titles for the PS3 are NOT ported from a PS2 game, since the architecture is so different. the PS3 must run onboard emulators to run PS/PS2 games if i recall.

Blu-Ray is going to flop no matter how many studios or corporations back it. ask any normal person what it is and they have no idea, the only people that know are those in the know. ask any random person what HD-DVD is and they realize its HD which means its High Def and DVD, put them both together, and you get whats called "Product Recognition", people recognize both acronyms and put 2 and 2 together. you know what Blu-Ray is recognized with? probably something from a star trek episode.

if anything blu-ray will stay with movie studios, and will likely be used in movie houses and high end home theatres, because of what it can do, but it wont get close to the market HD-DVD will get, because 95% of the population is still content with your standard DVD and a HDTV, and its even a reach that they will even go with HD-DVD in a few years.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:38 AM   #16
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

ps3 blows more dick than a 50 cent whore. Thats saying a lot too. Wii and 360 FTW.

PS3 might as well **** a donkey its that bad.
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:39 AM   #17
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
yeah but youre comparing a console built like a console to a console built like a PC.

sure it has massive processing power, thats cause thats all that runs it, compared to the 360 which uses a processor, gpu and ram in a configuration much like a PC. they are both awesome, but the argument of "oh wait till they have games that use the system" is wasted. PS3 was in production for how many years? that argument works for the 360 cause it took all of a few months to market and produce, so most game makers were halfway through their standard xbox games when they recieved the order to port them to the 360. these launch titles for the PS3 are NOT ported from a PS2 game, since the architecture is so different. the PS3 must run onboard emulators to run PS/PS2 games if i recall.

Blu-Ray is going to flop no matter how many studios or corporations back it. ask any normal person what it is and they have no idea, the only people that know are those in the know. ask any random person what HD-DVD is and they realize its HD which means its High Def and DVD, put them both together, and you get whats called "Product Recognition", people recognize both acronyms and put 2 and 2 together. you know what Blu-Ray is recognized with? probably something from a star trek episode.

if anything blu-ray will stay with movie studios, and will likely be used in movie houses and high end home theatres, because of what it can do, but it wont get close to the market HD-DVD will get, because 95% of the population is still content with your standard DVD and a HDTV, and its even a reach that they will even go with HD-DVD in a few years.
SWEEt!!!! ANOTHER NOVEL NONE OF US WILL READ!!!! (cept for the hardcore nerd gamer leet crew)
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:43 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
SWEEt!!!! ANOTHER NOVEL NONE OF US WILL READ!!!! (cept for the hardcore nerd gamer leet crew)
lol you know youre gonna read it anyways
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:45 AM   #19
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
ps3 blows more dick than a 50 cent whore. Thats saying a lot too. Wii and 360 FTW.

PS3 might as well **** a donkey its that bad.
Zims back
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:46 AM   #20
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
lol you know youre gonna read it anyways
**** no im not... ive learned to scroll right past the 3-4 paragraph long responses from you because they're a waste of my time
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:57 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
**** no im not... ive learned to scroll right past the 3-4 paragraph long responses from you because they're a waste of my time
yeah well .........umm...........youre one liners are boring!
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:18 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

I think all the PS3s in the world are going to morph into one giant Transformer-like robot and then force Thomas and Zim to perform various sexual acts on one another. Dark can come too.

Bottom line is this: If it cost $299, everyone would love it. People can't afford it, so they dig around for bad things to say about it.

My take is that you get what you pay for. It is so more advanced than the other consoles that it is nearly ridiculous.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Herbstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Florida
Posts: 2,932
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
SWEEt!!!! ANOTHER NOVEL NONE OF US WILL READ!!!! (cept for the hardcore nerd gamer leet crew)
X 2 Hell I'm still playing Age Of Empires II on my PC
__________________

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 09:39 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 430
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

well i read it thomas, and i agree 100%.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:39 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I think all the PS3s in the world are going to morph into one giant Transformer-like robot and then force Thomas and Zim to perform various sexual acts on one another. Dark can come too.
lol then the 8800GT will come into the picture and PC's will join forces with Bill Gates at the helm and brutally anal rape bunt with numerous peripheral devices, and pimp slap the PS3 back to where it came from, all the while chanting "Im the Juggernaut *****!"
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:03 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

i'm not a fanboy, a fanboy refuses to admit that their chosen system has flaws.. i know that the wii is full of flaws. it could have been a great deal more powerful for the price of a mere $50 more. i'd have paid $300 for a more powerful wii.. add to that nintendo's abysmal online service, and the price of it's virtual console games, and i'm a bit unhappy about that. but overall, i have fun playing zelda, excite truck, elebits and marvel: ultimate alliance

the motion controls are fun, and pretty intuitive when they're done right. but red steel was horrible.. and far cry was a pretty lackluster port

still, what i am, i guess, is a nintendo loyalist

i may get a 360 after this supposed price drop in march though
__________________
I don't own a mustang at the moment
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 04:54 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

i dont think fun and power of a system correlates.

good graphics =/= good games

some of my favorite games are dos and SNES.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #28
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

At the same time some of my favorite games are PS2 games. GTA series, NCAA Football, Madden Football. I love them on the PS. Nothing else. On top of that now I get to get the games in HD.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:14 PM   #29
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: A lot of PS3 problems fixed with latest firmware

im gonna get an xbox. not a 360, an xbox. i really don't care. I had one and miss it. I don't own an HD tv nor do I really have the want to get some crazy over priced system. I'll just be happy with a regular old xbox
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ps3 vs Wii sonic04edge Pictures and Videos 12 11-29-2007 05:43 PM
PS3 FOR SALE!!!! Cajun JungleBoy Mustang Parts for Sale and Wanted 0 05-03-2007 09:50 PM
PS3 problems wiarumas The Bar 19 11-15-2006 10:19 PM
Official PS3 Seph The Bar 17 05-18-2005 01:44 AM
PS3 is going to own! Brent The Bar 22 12-01-2004 09:35 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:32 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.