Justice system destroys a life - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Justice system destroys a life

Read this crap. I can't believe the people we have in the justice system ruining a kids life knowing good and well how horrible of a law it is. Some people just have no feelings inside them I guess. Must suck to be them

ESPN.com - E-Ticket: Outrageous Injustice

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Re: Justice system destroys a life

wow....
Old 01-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

wow that sucks right there all cause the dude got a little head man oh man
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 10:10 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Let this be a lesson to everyone...if you want to get blown...go to vermont or get yourself into government....
Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang

That is bull**** they probably just ruined any chance of this guy getting into any good schools.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #6
Regular

Quote:
Barker thinks five years is fair for receiving oral sex from a schoolmate.
This guy should be shot

Reddit
Old 01-24-2007, 10:40 PM   #7
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

That's ****ed up. Funny side note, one time I was in driving school (don't stories that start like this always end up being good? haha) and we were going around saying why we were in there, the guy next to me simply says "****in"

We're all like what? and he says, again, "****in."

We ask him to elaborate and he said he was driving and his chick got in his lap and they were having sex while he was driving. He stops at a red light, cop pulls up next to them, he waves and smiles, light changes, he drives, cop pulls him over, haha.

What a cock block.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:40 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Uhm...has anyone else not noticed he actually broke the law? Tough **** it's a long time for it, but still...he broke the law.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:45 PM   #9
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Uhm...has anyone else not noticed he actually broke the law? Tough **** it's a long time for it, but still...he broke the law.
Damn, that's just messed up. Not even going to try to hide it. Last thing I expected in this thread. Maybe from someone else but not you.

That's just horrible.

If you can't see the injustice then that's pathetic.

Did you read the article all the way through or did you just see a black man + rape and say tough ****? I'm not even about to hide how angry it makes me to see someone say something like that when this kid had is life ripped away from him by some rich district attorney with no heart.

Reddit
Old 01-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I read the whole thing. I see the problem with it. I agree with the problem.
But..point being, the law is there, the law was broken, the penalty was invoked.

There are a ton of laws I don't agree with. Does that mean I'm above the penalty if I break those laws? no, I still have to be accountable for what I do. Eventhough I was high and drunk when I did something and it was with a willing person and I was convicted under a stupid law...it was still in the wrong.

I think 10 years is rough for the crime, yes. I do, however, believe there should be some sort of penalty given for breaking the law.
Part of why I don't have quite as much sympathy for the guy is he lied to them, instead of saying yes, I screwed up, I broke the law, he decided to say he did nothing wrong and try to trick the court system into letting him go.
There is no excuse for a 18 year old to be having any sort of sex with a 15 year old. Too much of an age gap and too much of a maturity gap.
Our's:
Old 01-24-2007, 10:54 PM   #11
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

He broke the law. But would you have accepted a plea bargain that left you as a child molester? I like to think I'd be in the same place he is. He broke the law, yeah, but seriously, 10 years?

God knows how many times I broke that law..
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:54 PM   #12
Regular

So what man. There are laws for stupid crap in this country and this countries history. Doesn't mean they should be enforced. That is the most absurd thinking ever. Let's all go back to slavery and start hanging every black man that looks at a white girl "because it says we can in ink". Let's abuse this justice system some more. Just because "it says we can".

The whole state of Georgia has screwed up this kids life due to their inability to do their job.

They convicted him. That was the first problem. Then they passed legislation amending the law but then didn't have enough common sense to make it where he would be freed. It makes a whole lot of sense to change the law knowing it was flawed and still keep a man in jail that's only crime was being a party to consensual sex with a person in high school 2 years younger than him.

Then after they dropped the ball with that they play games with everyone, letting their ego slowly kill this kids future.

But yea.. your right. Tough ****. Oh well. It isn't you that wakes up behind bars everyday knowing you did nothing wrong. The law was not even written for the situation they were in. Did the DA care? No they wanted to put a kid away for 10 years.

Reddit
Old 01-24-2007, 10:59 PM   #13
Regular

Quote:
At the same time this trial was under way, a local high school teacher, a white female, was found guilty of having a sexual relationship with a student -- a true case of child molestation. The teacher received 90 days. Wilson received 3,650 days.
Tough **** I guess.

Reddit
Old 01-24-2007, 11:02 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm not saying I don't understand what you are saying or where you are coming from. I completely understand and even agree with it.

I wonder what the details are on the other case, the media isn't the best at giving the whole truth.
Our's:
Old 01-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #15
Regular

Quote:
I'm not saying I don't understand what you are saying or where you are coming from. I completely understand and even agree with it.

I wonder what the details are on the other case, the media isn't the best at giving the whole truth.
Even if the other case didn't exist this guy got his life screwed up for having oral sex with a 15 year old girl who instigated it when he was 17.

The 15 year didn't spend one night in jail. The 17 year old kid spends 10 years.

You can take any high profile teacher/student case and not one of them got anywhere near 10 years for screwing this 14-15 year old high school student. Not just oral sex, actually having sexual intercourse.

It even stated in Georgias law that have sexual intercourse was a misdemeanor but oral sex was a felony.

I mean seriously come on. This kid didn't deserve to spend a single day in jail if I had a say in it. The girl lied for starters. accused him of rape and received no punishment for that.

All a girl has to do is accuse a guy of rape today and you are going to get arrested and probably media will be all over you. You can be found innocent but in the back of everyones mind you were the guy that was accused for rape.

Look at the Duke Lacrosse players. Look what the DA did to them. A girl, no less a stripper, accused them of rape and for the last year they have been on the major networks in this country almost daily. They had to leave school to go to trial for some stripper who turns out was lying through her teeth.

This is the kind of stuff that our legal system allows. It's corrupted as corrupted gets. District Attornies don't care about some kid, much less black kid in Georgia, that is accused of raping a 15 year old girl. A plea bargain is a joke. They just wanted to win the case and say "justice was served". Ah it just infuriates me the things people do sometimes.

Reddit
Old 01-24-2007, 11:12 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Even if the other case didn't exist this guy got his life screwed up for having oral sex with a 15 year old girl who instigated it when he was 17.

The 15 year didn't spend one night in jail. The 17 year old kid spends 10 years.

You can take any high profile teacher/student case and not one of them got anywhere near 10 years for screwing this 14-15 year old high school student. Not just oral sex, actually having sexual intercourse.

It even stated in Georgias law that have sexual intercourse was a misdemeanor but oral sex was a felony.

I mean seriously come on. This kid didn't deserve to spend a single day in jail if I had a say in it. The girl lied for starters. accused him of rape and received no punishment for that.

All a girl has to do is accuse a guy of rape today and you are going to get arrested and probably media will be all over you. You can be found innocent but in the back of everyones mind you were the guy that was accused for rape.
The girl that claimed rape was the 17 year old who was having sex with everyone. The rape charge was dropped on him.

And the reason the 15 year old girl was not given any jail time is by georgia law, 15 year olds aren't capable of making that decision.
Our's:
Old 01-24-2007, 11:16 PM   #17
Regular

Quote:
The girl that claimed rape was the 17 year old who was having sex with everyone. The rape charge was dropped on him.

And the reason the 15 year old girl was not given any jail time is by georgia law, 15 year olds aren't capable of making that decision.
I know the charges were dropped. Just like they were in the Duke case. Doesn't mean that all is well with all those Duke players that have spent the last year out of school defending their innocence.

Even without the rape charges it's more than just "tough ****" for someone that did nothing wrong anyways. The law was not meant to be used to convict a 17 year old kid. It was meant to protect from middle aged man molesting kids. He even pointed this out to the Prosecutor during the trial only to have a smartass reply given back by that stupid sob.

Reddit
Old 01-24-2007, 11:19 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I know the charges were dropped. Just like they were in the Duke case. Doesn't mean that all is well with all those Duke players that have spent the last year out of school defending their innocence.

Even without the rape charges it's more than just "tough ****" for someone that did nothing wrong anyways. The law was not meant to be used to convict a 17 year old kid. It was meant to protect from middle aged man molesting kids. He even pointed this out to the Prosecutor during the trial only to have a smartass reply given back by that stupid sob.
I don't see how the law wasn't meant to convict in a case just like this:

But because of an archaic Georgia law, it was a misdemeanor for teenagers less than three years apart to have sexual intercourse, but a felony for the same kids to have oral sex.

The law was written to protect an older teenager from having sex with a younger teenager because it doesn't fall under the age of consent because neither of them were adults.
Our's:
Old 01-24-2007, 11:22 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Also, I wonder why the drug charges and charges for drinking underage were dropped.
Regardless of what any of us think, the law was there to convict.

He made bad decisions, he now realizes he did wrong.

10 years is too much for the crime, but he still deserves time for the entire ordeal. As does everyone involved.
Our's:
Old 01-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #20
Regular

Quote:
I don't see how the law wasn't meant to convict in a case just like this:
Well for starters they already explained the intent of the law in the article

Quote:
The law was written to protect an older teenager from having sex with a younger teenager because it doesn't fall under the age of consent because neither of them were adults.

uh huh. So it's a misdemeanor to have sex, which can and a lot of times leads to pregnancy but it's a felony to receive oral sex.

Perfect sense. I mean damn, Georgia lawmakers should just take over Washington and marvel us with their amazing common sense.

Reddit
Old 01-24-2007, 11:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via AIM to MidnightSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightSpeed

They're teenagers... Age doesn't matter to them, and yes I see how it was meant to keep an old guy from molesting someone young. Not to convict a 17 year old KID. Yes he was doing things a kid shouldn't do, but the key word is still kid.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:31 PM   #22
Regular

Quote:
Also, I wonder why the drug charges and charges for drinking underage were dropped.
Cause the DA got big eyes when they saw rape charges.

Quote:
Regardless of what any of us think, the law was there to convict.
All laws are there to convict 2: How that has to do with using COMMON SENSE to enforce these horribly written laws that IMPACT a persons life is beyond me.

Quote:
He made bad decisions, he now realizes he did wrong.
and deserves 10 years for the crime because the law says so. Even though the trial was mishandled, the jury was left in the dark, the DA didn't want to hear anything about the reason the law was written nor take into any consideration the situation they were dealing with. Makes perfect sense.

I don't give a damn what the law says. This isn't right period. You might as well fill our prisons up right now with millions of 17 year old kids serving 10 year sentences because some dumbass 17 year old girl got trashed had sex and then wanted to accuse someone of rape, which lead to the finding of the tape.

We only have 30% of our prisons filled with illegal immigrants that take our tax dollars to keep alive Might as well over crowd them more with horrible 17 year old criminals that got blow jobs from 15 year old girls while drunk

Quote:
10 years is too much for the crime, but he still deserves time for the entire ordeal. As does everyone involved.
He didn't deserve to spend a day in jail. The law was not written to prosecute 17 year old kids having sex with 15 year olds as it has been already stated. Don't charge him with a felony crime of child molestation that will label him as a sex offender for the rest of his life. Charge him with the drug and alcohol use and give him probation and send him to an abuse center for drugs and alcohol. Then you can say justice was served.

Reddit
Old 01-24-2007, 11:40 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm also one to believe drug charges should be more seriously handled. If people were given more than a slap on the hand for things, they might think twice about breaking the law.
Our's:
Old 01-24-2007, 11:49 PM   #24
Regular

Quote:
I'm also one to believe drug charges should be more seriously handled. If people were given more than a slap on the hand for things, they might think twice about breaking the law.
Drug enforcement is counter-productive. Especially when it comes to light drugs such as Marijuana. Let's fill up our over crowded jails with marijuana users. People that were caught with just enough to put them in jail. Just enough in their system to fail a drug test and lose their job despite the fact that they always come in on time and get the job done.

It makes no sense to outlaw marijuana and not alcohol. Alcohol has no doubt caused more deaths in it's legal form than marijuana has.

If you want to talk about hard drugs then fine. Honestly if you want to stuff your nose full of coke then go for it. Natural Selection at its best. Just be prepared to lose your kids and everything else in your life for your habit.

Reddit
Old 01-24-2007, 11:52 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well maybe if we'd make more crimes punishable by capital punishment the jails wouldn't be as crowded.

I just have problems with how crimes are punished, that is all. Why am I paying to keep a guy who, in cold blood, killed people. I'm paying for his meals, his cable tv, his ged courses, his weights, probably his lawyer fees, etc.
Our's:
Old 01-24-2007, 11:57 PM   #26
Regular

Murder is a crime that is punishable by Capital Punishment. Hasn't in anyway decreased murder.

I know you have probably heard it before but in all reality it costs more to kill someone through our legal system than to just feed them for the rest of their life. Scott Peterson will likely die of natural causes before he is put to death. This is due to the appeals he is allowed and the backlog California has right now of death row inmates.

Someone who takes a persons life in cold blood isn't too worried about being put to death peacefully in jail anyways.

We could do a lot of things other than toughen laws to decrease our jails. The biggest thing is to secure our borders which the current administration has refused to do for the last 6 years. Not to put all the blame on them but they haven't done anything at all to help. Just like Clinton and everyone else before Bush. When you have millions of illegals walking into America each year and thousands committing felonies it all adds up.

Reddit
Old 01-25-2007, 04:20 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

2: I went to high school in Georgia not far from there and one of our football players got caught getting head from a dumb girl(apparrently she couldn't talk, but she was not retarded) that was in the special ed class and she got expelled and he got sent to Westside,(which was the school for kids who got in trouble) and still got to play on the football team.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 06:12 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

The problem with this country is that our some of our "leaders" don't get head or smoke grass. End of story.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:21 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

i lost a friend for 10 yrs because he had sex with a 15yr old when he was 18. he was told to plead either guilty or no contest. they told him if he pled not guilty he could get up to 150 years in prison. now he's a registered sex offender for having consensual sex with a minor. Texas is a ****ed up state when it comes to laws as well. for all anyone knows, it could have been me locked up in the pokey too. when i was 18 my gf was 15. we had sex all the time. luckily her parents loved me and wanted me to live with them. but if not... :jail:

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:46 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to topless67 Send a message via Yahoo to topless67

In many cases the punishment doesn't fit the crime, but this kid is far from being beyond contempt. He was acting irresponsibly by mixing underaged drinking with using an illegal substance, marijuana- and adding to the stupidity of the situation, letting his actions be filmed. Does he derserve to be in jail for 10 years & registered as a sex offended for his actions? No, the girl was just as stupid as he was. Does he deserve some sort of punishment for his unacceptable behavior? Yes. I don't get why these "elite" athletes & academics think that they can get away with certain behaviors...if you're in the spotlight, you better check your every move or it will catch up with you. I think some people are too lax on things in the name of good fun, or the ordinary behavior of kids/teens/even some adults. You can enjoy adult behaviors when you have the adult maturity to keep them under control.
topless67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:53 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

some people see only in black and white, until its them thats under the gun.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:37 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

So he broke the law. So ****in what !!! Do you realize how many state's have laws against oral sex even if your married It's a out of date law Kid needs a break

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to at7311

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
wow that sucks right there all cause the dude got a little head man oh man
Ya, at that age, that should be a issue for the Mother and Father to handle. Not 10 years in jail!!
Old 01-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

I agree 100% that that whole deal... is not kosher... shouldn't have gone down that way

however, anyone else note the attorney's name??

"B.J. Bernstein"??? ..:pnoid:
Old 01-25-2007, 11:27 AM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

thats messed up. i should be in jail for a long *** time as well.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar