Pray for my puppy please..... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Pray for my puppy please.....

I found out today that she has Parvo, a deadly virus that affects the digestive system. If we didn't take her to the vet today, they said she'd be dead tomorrow. Fortunately now, she atleast has a chance. I adopted her from Animal Control and I called them today. They are giving me my $60 adpotion fee back, temporarily closing the place, and bringing in the state health inspector. If Maggie Mae gets better, I am going to forget it and count my blessings.

The vet said that she probably got the virus 5-7 days ago and that they spayed her WAY to early (SHES ONLY EIGHT WEEKS). I was supposed to bring her home a week and a half ago when I adopted her, but they wouldn't let me take her home until she was spayed (county law says that your adopted pet must be fixed - they said that it meant I couldn't take her home until she was fixedd, and I couldn't prove otherwise). This means, that more likely than not she contracted the virus while she was there waiting for a surgery she shouldn't have even had. Not only this, but everyday for that week and a half they told me "she'll be ready tomorrow". In my mind, that puts Animal Control at fault for my dogs illness. If the vet agrees with me in that thinking, I think I am going to take them to smalls claims court for vet money for her, vet money for my girlfriend's dogs that have been exposed to the virus, and (if I'm lucky) pain and suffering.

The only problem with that is, Animal Control is part of the County PD, and is any Magistrate judge going to rule against his own police department? Probably not.

I don't really care about the money, I am just REALLY angry at them for being so careless and dumb. So, just pray for me and my dog please.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	n44302492_30558221_2814.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	16014   Click image for larger version

Name:	n44302492_30558227_4475.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	16015  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Re: Pray for my puppy please.....

I had a boxer puppy that pulled through parvo, I stayed up all night keeping him hydrated. forceing him to drink. They pretty much loose all there fluids and get really weak. You have to keep them hydrated. Good luck
Old 01-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Aww im sorry 2 hear that.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2007, 06:57 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38special View Post
I had a boxer puppy that pulled through parvo, I stayed up all night keeping him hydrated. forceing him to drink. They pretty much loose all there fluids and get really weak. You have to keep them hydrated. Good luck
Shes at the vet on an IV, so hydration isn't a problem, lol. I am just worried because shes probably had parvo for so long already. Good news though: she was very energetc and kept trying to get away when they were putting the needle in her. Lethargy is another symptom of the virus that usually means a very slim chance of survival. If she was lethargic, she would have just sat there and taken the needle.

Added some pictures for the cuteness factor also, lol.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:45 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

sorry man. good luck. ill be praying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #6
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

I know the feeling waiting for a dog to make it through or not. When our Buddy was little, he got into decon and we didn't realize it and a week later he was so sick, and we were in MI. It was so bad, we had to pick him up to move him anywhere, and he HATES being picked up. As soon as we got home we took him to the vet hospital. It sucked pretty hard, and they said any longer and he would have died. It was a rough couple days but he pulled through

I am praying for your pup tho, for sure.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Illinois

cute pooch.

Good luck.
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #8
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I hope everything works out for you man. That is a cute dog. I'm a softy for animals

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to at7311

(Crossing Fingers)
Old 01-25-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

I love dogs, Ill keep her in my prayers

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:35 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

oh no! lil Maggie! I'm prayin for ya'll Jimmy.. bless her and please Lord let her pull through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

aww she is adorable too, i'll definately keep her in my prayers

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:33 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

golden lab?

i hope she gets better bro :thumbs2:

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:03 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Taywi

dude that sucks... i'm so sorry

from old and busted to new hotness
Taywi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:16 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Damn Sorry To Hear That !! Cute puppy

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

Dogs truly are man's best friend. They never say a word, but that doesn't matter. Because when you get home, no matter what has happened that day, no matter who has you on their good list or bad list, no matter what the future holds, a dog will still love its master until the day it dies.

Hopefully you will have many more years of Maggie by your side. Good luck man, hopefully you can atleast get them to pay for her bills.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Might want to read this article explains a lot ,And from all I've read today Maggie will be back with ya soon Sounds like you got her to the vet in time
Parvo FAQs

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
Old 01-26-2007, 01:29 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to topless67 Send a message via Yahoo to topless67

Good luck to your puppy. Dealing with a pet's illness is as tough as dealing with a family member, b/c they are family. I'm sure she'll be fine, even more so with your love and support. Its unfortunate how her transition was handled at the humane society. I've never heard of spaying animals that young. Here you pay the adoption fee and then a fee for spayign or neutering, and then you get the extra fee back once you get your pet fixed.
topless67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

wow man i'm so sorry to hear that. I've lost a couple of dogs do to cancer and other illnesses. Hopefully she'll pull through it. I know that even though you've only had her a short amount of time that you are very attached to her. It doesn't take long for a pet to become family so I know its a hard thing to deal with. I still get sad sometimes thinking of my dogs that past years ago. Its not easy to deal with, but she seems like a strong pup.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
golden lab?
Mostly lab, I don't know what else though - I am starting to think bulldog b/c of her lean legs and blocky head.

Thanks for all the support everyone, she is hanging in there but may have to spend another night at the vet.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:21 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

good luck man. i lost my 4 year old puppy last august due to chronic kidney disease. it sucks man.. hope all is well.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64 View Post
Mostly lab, I don't know what else though - I am starting to think bulldog b/c of her lean legs and blocky head.

Thanks for all the support everyone, she is hanging in there but may have to spend another night at the vet.
Cool !! She'll pull thru !!!!!!!!!! I'd be lost without my dog. She's 1/2 lab 1/2 pit ,name is Twisted and no matter how bad my day goes .She come thundering down the hallway wagging her tail acting like I've been gone for years makes you feel like a King. I don't even mind when she almost knocks me on my *** with those flying 65Lbs leaps of doggie greetings

Quote:
Old 01-26-2007, 03:11 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Justin Send a message via Yahoo to Justin

I can just imagine that happening and that kinda **** can cheer anybody up after a bad day like im having... ^
Soon to come - UDPs, Off Road X-Pipe, A/T Cooler, and 03' Cobra Rims
Club - Tha Crew Leader of Muscle Car Division
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #24

Sorry To Hear Dat!!! I Lost My Boxer Pup A Few Months Back, And Still Miss Him!!!! Ill Pray For Dat Pup!!!!

$tangerhaye$:fu1:
stangerhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by topless67 View Post
Good luck to your puppy. Dealing with a pet's illness is as tough as dealing with a family member, b/c they are family. I'm sure she'll be fine, even more so with your love and support. Its unfortunate how her transition was handled at the humane society. I've never heard of spaying animals that young. Here you pay the adoption fee and then a fee for spayign or neutering, and then you get the extra fee back once you get your pet fixed.
Agreed. 6 months I thought was the earliest.

Not to be an ***, but let me get this straight. You are sueing a tax funded(mostly donations probably) humane society that takes cares of animals that are abandoned, hurt, etc. for the fact that they could not legally give you the animal because it was not neutered(which is probably a huge violation for them) because your dog just so happened to get parvo. How is the humane society supposed to know when they are going to have an outbreak? I know our local humane society runs on practically nothing, but they still take the best care of the animals that they know how and keep the place as sanitary as they can. The fact that you would not only sue them for the bills for the dog you adopted, but for pain and suffering, WTF????? I don't know about ya'll' humane society, but ours runs on minimal funding. There is always a risk in adopting an animal in which you don't know the background. I say suck it up.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #26
Road Trip!

Quote:
I found out today that she has Parvo, a deadly virus that affects the digestive system. If we didn't take her to the vet today, they said she'd be dead tomorrow. Fortunately now, she atleast has a chance. I adopted her from Animal Control and I called them today. They are giving me my $60 adpotion fee back, temporarily closing the place, and bringing in the state health inspector. If Maggie Mae gets better, I am going to forget it and count my blessings.

The vet said that she probably got the virus 5-7 days ago and that they spayed her WAY to early (SHES ONLY EIGHT WEEKS). I was supposed to bring her home a week and a half ago when I adopted her, but they wouldn't let me take her home until she was spayed (county law says that your adopted pet must be fixed - they said that it meant I couldn't take her home until she was fixedd, and I couldn't prove otherwise). This means, that more likely than not she contracted the virus while she was there waiting for a surgery she shouldn't have even had. Not only this, but everyday for that week and a half they told me "she'll be ready tomorrow". In my mind, that puts Animal Control at fault for my dogs illness. If the vet agrees with me in that thinking, I think I am going to take them to smalls claims court for vet money for her, vet money for my girlfriend's dogs that have been exposed to the virus, and (if I'm lucky) pain and suffering.

The only problem with that is, Animal Control is part of the County PD, and is any Magistrate judge going to rule against his own police department? Probably not.

I don't really care about the money, I am just REALLY angry at them for being so careless and dumb. So, just pray for me and my dog please.

damn cute dog man!
Synister. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 09:26 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Not to be an ***, but let me get this straight. You are sueing a tax funded(mostly donations probably) humane society that takes cares of animals that are abandoned, hurt, etc. for the fact that they could not legally give you the animal because it was not neutered(which is probably a huge violation for them) because your dog just so happened to get parvo. How is the humane society supposed to know when they are going to have an outbreak? I know our local humane society runs on practically nothing, but they still take the best care of the animals that they know how and keep the place as sanitary as they can. The fact that you would not only sue them for the bills for the dog you adopted, but for pain and suffering, WTF????? I don't know about ya'll' humane society, but ours runs on minimal funding. There is always a risk in adopting an animal in which you don't know the background. I say suck it up.
No offense taken. This not the humane society (aka "the animal shelter"), though, this is Animal Control (aka "the pound") which is a part of the Bibb County PD - so it gets funding atleast on the county level. I am angry about A. the fact that they told me she did not have parvo and even denied it for a bit even when I told them that she in fact did and was at the vet in ICU and B. they CAN give her to me without being spayed - like everyone else in this thread said - as long as I sign an agreement to show them proof that I got her spayed by a certain date and they were just too uneducated about their job to know that. My vet even said they are idiots for spaying dogs so young.

I don't really care about the money anymore though, I spent a small fortune on her this weekend and got practically no sleep, but she is getting better every hour and thats all that matters right now. I am still going to have a chat with the Captain of Internal Affairs at the PD about the staff at the pound and all the things that I think they need to fix before they reopen. If they are even allowed to reopen - the next county over had their pound shut down also because of parvo. My told me that in Aiken (a town right outside of Augusta) in the late 80's they had to burn the pound down and rebuild it after a sever parvo outbreak.

She is getting much better though - she is getting a little bit active and playful again, the vomiting is almost gone (its just bile when she does, no blood), the bloody diarrhea is turning into half-solid poop (no blood), and she is even drinking water and baby formula and not puking it up.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #28
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Good to here man. I am glad to hear she is going to pull through.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:52 PM   #29
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

glad to hear shes doing better!

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Glad she's getting better

Quote:
Old 01-29-2007, 10:36 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Justin Send a message via Yahoo to Justin

Awsome...
Soon to come - UDPs, Off Road X-Pipe, A/T Cooler, and 03' Cobra Rims
Club - Tha Crew Leader of Muscle Car Division
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:48 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Thanks guys, but she had a relapse, she can't stand up or pick her head up and they think she had a seizure. Shes on her way to the vet to see if they can do anything for her, but they are probably going to put her asleep tonight. Pray for a miracle guys.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:31 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No offense taken. This not the humane society (aka "the animal shelter"), though, this is Animal Control (aka "the pound") which is a part of the Bibb County PD - so it gets funding atleast on the county level. I am angry about A. the fact that they told me she did not have parvo and even denied it for a bit even when I told them that she in fact did and was at the vet in ICU and B. they CAN give her to me without being spayed - like everyone else in this thread said - as long as I sign an agreement to show them proof that I got her spayed by a certain date and they were just too uneducated about their job to know that. My vet even said they are idiots for spaying dogs so young.

I don't really care about the money anymore though, I spent a small fortune on her this weekend and got practically no sleep, but she is getting better every hour and thats all that matters right now. I am still going to have a chat with the Captain of Internal Affairs at the PD about the staff at the pound and all the things that I think they need to fix before they reopen. If they are even allowed to reopen - the next county over had their pound shut down also because of parvo. My told me that in Aiken (a town right outside of Augusta) in the late 80's they had to burn the pound down and rebuild it after a sever parvo outbreak.

She is getting much better though - she is getting a little bit active and playful again, the vomiting is almost gone (its just bile when she does, no blood), the bloody diarrhea is turning into half-solid poop (no blood), and she is even drinking water and baby formula and not puking it up.
AAAAHHH, I didn't know there was an Animal Control. They are one in the same here. Guess it's because I live in a small town. Glad you gave me the rest of the story instead of going off on a tangeant. Hope yours pulls through. Sorry to hear about the relapse
Old 01-29-2007, 06:38 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Illinois

Crap.

Sorry to hear I hope she pulls through.
2003 SVT Lightning #1059 of 4270
2000 Vert 4R70W
Only buy from vendors that test and stand behind their products
slvr2000stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #35