Why does God tease me so? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:48 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Why does God tease me so?

2003 Cobra Mustang for Sale

Found it just now. Wonder what the hell is wrong with it, if anything...... jesus if I had the money...

It's only 9 miles away from me too.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2007, 08:06 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Why does God tease me so?

thats way to expensive anyway, and they made a crap load of black cobras. The milage is not bad on it though, but I wouldnt pay 25,xxx for it
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
thats way to expensive anyway, and they made a crap load of black cobras. The milage is not bad on it though, but I wouldnt pay 25,xxx for it
so where do you find a black cobra for less than that???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2007, 08:38 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

A YEAR ago I found an 03 cobra with 18k miles on it in great shape, never been wrecked etc etc for 23k

On svtperformance.com many are finding terminators in the 10k mile range~ for 23-24k

go look at the production numbers there are a massive amount of black cobras out there compared to the other colors, thats why you mainly see black ones running around lol
Old 02-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

private party sale though..
Old 02-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
yeah, but this one is under 20k miles, its at a dealership and its in california. That price is probably 2k lower than most dealerships would sell it for, even private party for decent mileage 03/04 cobras is in the 23k+ range. Mine was 22k and thats with 54k on the clock.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

the one I looked at at 18,900 miles on it and was at a dealership, but if they sell for that much then fine by me lol just means mine is worth as much now as I paid for it or more
Old 02-05-2007, 01:19 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I looks like a good deal to me.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:32 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
the one I looked at at 18,900 miles on it and was at a dealership, but if they sell for that much then fine by me lol just means mine is worth as much now as I paid for it or more
probably, but you dont live in california.

if i didnt have to deal with the smog crap with getting a out of state car registered, id just buy one from somewhere else and ship it and save like 5k.

Old 02-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Isn't that the truth Thomas.

It's like you look at any car priced at 20 and expect to bargin it maybe at most 2k down but expect to pay 4-6k after that with all the **** that comes afterward with regulations, gas guzzler tax, all sorts.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:52 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post

It's like you look at any car priced at 20 and expect to bargin it maybe at most 2k down but expect to pay 4-6k after that with all the **** that comes afterward with regulations, gas guzzler tax, all sorts.
werd. plus with a cobra, being more of a rarer car in california for those exact reasons, the dealership is likely to laugh at you if you try to chew them down, usualy get the "please, i can sell this for 2k more, why would i want to come down and make less to please one poor whiteboy?"

Old 02-06-2007, 12:51 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
werd. plus with a cobra, being more of a rarer car in california for those exact reasons, the dealership is likely to laugh at you if you try to chew them down, usualy get the "please, i can sell this for 2k more, why would i want to come down and make less to please one poor whiteboy?"
Pretty much. But at the same time I can tell them "Ya? Well I can go find myself an 04-05 GTO with an LS2 engine in it for the same price, with the same mileage, and it's got better interior. So lets talk numbers."

I've been Seeeeeeeeeeriously contemplating getting a GTO because of how cheap they are becoming. They are heavy ****ers I'll admit, but get rid of all the access fat and you'll be good knowing you've got a Corvette engine in your bay.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:48 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I've been Seeeeeeeeeeriously contemplating getting a GTO because of how cheap they are becoming. They are heavy ****ers I'll admit, but get rid of all the access fat and you'll be good knowing you've got a Corvette engine in your bay.
its cheap cause its really not that good of a car. Interior is awesome. Power wise, no. Its like a sloppy version of a 02 SS IMO, and thats sad because after driving my boss' 02 SS i sit in my GT and feel like im in a brand new M3. My buddies grandpa just got one about half a year ago, and thought it was all the rage. He sadly took a ride in my buddies srt4 and is now looking for a vette like he wanted in the first place, but didnt cause wifey wanted a 4dr. It tells you something when a Neon makes you feel you just wasted 25k.

besides, there isnt much "excess fat" to be trimmed, its built heavy. you could lose half the interior i guess, then it wouldnt be much of a GTO, youd still weight in at a GT500 and still get spanked by an actual vette. Its got balls, it can take a 99-04 GT, it can probably be a good race versus a 05+ GT, as they both run respectable 1/4 times.

theres a reason the 03/04 termies are holding their value. They are awesome cars, pretty rare unless youre in the know, the community doesnt try to lowball themselves like other enthusiast communities ive been part of, which is why prices stay up. this is also why you still cant find a running un-molested or lightly abused Supra under 15k even with high mileage, because the communities are maintaining their pricing. as soon as we as a community starts to lowball eachother, we all suffer. this is how a perfectly good 02 GT with 85k on it that looks awesome and is in near perfect condition mechanically cant even sell for 11k while a horendously riced out, beat to death 160k miles, 1993 prelude can sell for 13k. this is also the very reason i got out of dsm's, the community turned south quick, i unloaded my car at the perfect time, prices for 2g's dropped dramatically, if i kept it another year i would have saw market value drop under my loan value (at the time was 6k) which would have been bad. now another of my buddies cannot sell his 97 gst for the life of him, because little kids continue to lowball the community because they want turbo cars at cheap prices.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:08 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Understandable, but if I'm buying an expensive car, I want something different in terms of interior and looks of a car.

Example, the GT500. For the engine, yeah it's awesome, the interior? Crap. You spend all this money and the interior just feels horrible. The GTO surprised the hell out of me because it has a great interior, a great engine, and a great price.

Notice I said nothing about how it looks good? I can admit it looks like ****. No problem, you can bag on the looks of the car ALL day and I will nod and agree. They really ****ed up on that department.

I'm thinking if when the time comes, I might get an LS2 GTO or a 2008 Bullitt Mustang. I'm a sucker for a Bullitt.

I thought to myself that if I ever got an 05 Mustang I'd make it look like a Bullitt, only because I haven't seen anyone else do it. Then just a week ago I was gassing up my car and this 05 Mustang pulls up with it's fog lights centered, a hood scooped front, stripped, green, with bullitt rims. I laughed and said "DAMN IT! Too late." But the green was that light green type you find on the mustang line up. It could have been better, but everything was where it was.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:40 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Pretty much. But at the same time I can tell them "Ya? Well I can go find myself an 04-05 GTO with an LS2 engine in it for the same price, with the same mileage, and it's got better interior. So lets talk numbers."

Believe me a 03/04 Cobra is defantantly faster than a 05/06 GTO. I'm not being byiest, I've riden in stock and modifidy versions of both, and stock for stock and Mod for Mod a Termie is faster. Really. GTO's are very nice cars though, and yes they are fast.

BTW 04 GTO's have LS1's.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:15 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Believe me a 03/04 Cobra is defantantly faster than a 05/06 GTO. I'm not being byiest, I've riden in stock and modifidy versions of both, and stock for stock and Mod for Mod a Termie is faster. Really. GTO's are very nice cars though, and yes they are fast.

BTW 04 GTO's have LS1's.
I meant 05-06, the 04's have the LS1's, 350hp.

I haven't experienced the glory of a Cobra yet. Nobody around here seems to own a Cobra. Everyone here drives an Evo, Z, G35, or other. Mostly those 3 though.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

meh leave the GTOs for the older crowd cause thats all they ever appealed to

hell my buddys ex gf dad (cousins momma daughter lol jk just had to add that in) has been trying to get rid of his GTO now for a year, its an 04 barely any miles on it and he got sick of it quick the fun factor in the car isnt there anymore he says, hes been tryin to get rid of it so he can get a Z06.

I drove teh car its def a nice car but I dunno i feel where hes coming from that the fun factor isnt there.

just my 2 pennies worth on this topic
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

I haven't experienced the glory of a Cobra yet. Nobody around here seems to own a Cobra. Everyone here drives an Evo, Z, G35, or other. Mostly those 3 though.
just think, if you ever got a cobra, none of those cars even come close in any category.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:08 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

^ dont you think when modded right the EVO is gonna be up par as the cobra? cause thats what i think anyways
Old 02-06-2007, 12:02 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
^ dont you think when modded right the EVO is gonna be up par as the cobra? cause thats what i think anyways
An Evo modded to a Cobras level is going to be spending a lot of time in the shop. They do handle better though.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:09 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
An Evo modded to a Cobras level is going to be spending a lot of time in the shop. They do handle better though.
what you mean gonna be spending a lot of time in the shop?

I think Evos respond very well to their mods. It doesnt take much to make them fast from what i seen around here in the car scene. Maybe im missing something
Old 02-06-2007, 12:29 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
what you mean gonna be spending a lot of time in the shop?

I think Evos respond very well to their mods. It doesnt take much to make them fast from what i seen around here in the car scene. Maybe im missing something
Fast EVO's are not very reliable. Their transmissions suck compared to a T-56 etc, etc.
Old 02-06-2007, 12:42 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Fast EVO's are not very reliable. Their transmissions suck compared to a T-56 etc, etc.
hmm i guess you gotta point
Old 02-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Quote:
No and No

Its pretty dam cheap to mod an Evo. It has all the characteristics of a DSM but comes with a warranty. this is the only reason DSM guys move up to Evo's, is so they can blow motors and trannies, revert to stock, and get everything replaced.

-The stock turbo is a twin scroll 16g and can pump out around 450hp before it reaches its end. the stock front mount is good to that point as well.

-the fuel system starts out with 560cc injectors and just needs a tune once you start bumping up the boost.

-The motor itself comes with a better head gasket and head studs than the 4g63 found in the dsm's, its compression ratio is a bit higher but its rod/piston/crank combo is a bit better as well, it can handle roughly 30psi stock with the right tuning before the bottom end becomes a bottleneck.

-the tranny is very stout, the stock clutch sucks *** but thats to be expected when you try to push 400hp to 4 wheels that grip, the give has to come from somewhere. the stock tranny can take quite the abuse especially when compared to a wrx or sti tranny. the 6spd version is better than the 5spd if i recall.

as far as comparing them to a cobra, there is no comparison. I drove a Evo RS for ****s and giggles, it was quick in the corner but nothing to help it out of it, the Cobra felt just as tight in the same corner, and flew out of it like a monkey with its *** on fire. it will take the Evo some work to get it to the 400+ level, but it wont take much. I dont think many remember Monkey who used to come on here, had a Evo that was still on the stock turbo and fuel system, with Cams and meth/h20 injection doing around 400 to the wheels and he had like 2k$ invested in mods if i recall.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Nice. Id still get a cobra over a Evo anyday but the mofos around here are fast
Old 02-07-2007, 03:18 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
No and No

Its pretty dam cheap to mod an Evo. It has all the characteristics of a DSM but comes with a warranty. this is the only reason DSM guys move up to Evo's, is so they can blow motors and trannies, revert to stock, and get everything replaced.

-The stock turbo is a twin scroll 16g and can pump out around 450hp before it reaches its end. the stock front mount is good to that point as well.

-the fuel system starts out with 560cc injectors and just needs a tune once you start bumping up the boost.

-The motor itself comes with a better head gasket and head studs than the 4g63 found in the dsm's, its compression ratio is a bit higher but its rod/piston/crank combo is a bit better as well, it can handle roughly 30psi stock with the right tuning before the bottom end becomes a bottleneck.

-the tranny is very stout, the stock clutch sucks *** but thats to be expected when you try to push 400hp to 4 wheels that grip, the give has to come from somewhere. the stock tranny can take quite the abuse especially when compared to a wrx or sti tranny. the 6spd version is better than the 5spd if i recall.

as far as comparing them to a cobra, there is no comparison. I drove a Evo RS for ****s and giggles, it was quick in the corner but nothing to help it out of it, the Cobra felt just as tight in the same corner, and flew out of it like a monkey with its *** on fire. it will take the Evo some work to get it to the 400+ level, but it wont take much. I dont think many remember Monkey who used to come on here, had a Evo that was still on the stock turbo and fuel system, with Cams and meth/h20 injection doing around 400 to the wheels and he had like 2k$ invested in mods if i recall.
:dunno: I'm not saying your wrong but I've heard that the trannies don't last long in high HP EVO's, but I'm going to saw your right on this. I already knew about the clutch thing.

I've heard before that EVO's are very easy to make into 11 second cars but not 10 second cars, meaning a 10 second EVO is going to need a lot of maintance, not that its hard to produce the power for it to run 10's. I don't know this from experiance just what I've hear through the grape vine.

BTW I love EVO's and think their very bad *** cars.

Also explain to me what DSM is. I thought a EVO was a DSM car.

Diamond Star Motors right.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:38 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Your right on the name just member the cars that are considered DSMs would be Talons, Eclipses, Lasers

Now a days people are throwing the Galant VR4, Stealth, 3000GT, EVO, WRX into the whole DSM catagory

Thats about how much I know on this subject
Old 02-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'd like to see a comparison on the LS2 GTO's and the 03/04 Cobras. Anybody have a link or vid?

I had a magazine awhile back that compared an LS1 GTO and a Mach1, the Mach1 beat the GTO in practically everything.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

didnt one of the stang magazines do a GTO vs Cobra article?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Your right on the name just member the cars that are considered DSMs would be Talons, Eclipses, Lasers

Now a days people are throwing the Galant VR4, Stealth, 3000GT, EVO, WRX into the whole DSM catagory

Thats about how much I know on this subject
there are many cars that were designed under the DSM umbrella. though only the Laser, Talon and Eclipse between 1990 and 1999 are considered DSM's. 3000GT and Stealths are considered 3SI's. Also, the Sebrings up until the revamp of 2000 i believe also have the DSM sticker under the hood, and if you notice, share alot in common with the 95-99 non-turbo eclipse/talon variants.

an Evo is not a DSM. The lancer is not a product of the DSM joint venture, but many of the technologies used in it are, as many of the technologies go back to the previous Evolution cars, and the DSM awd 4g63 platform was mainly based off the Evo3 platform if i recall. This is why i used a Evo3 16g and a modified Evo3 manifold in my 97GST. Basically the only reason the AWD Turbo 4g63 drivetrain never saw it into another eclipse nameplate is because the Evo finally made it stateside.

oh and wtf, WRX considered a DSM? not even close, its a Pooparu (Subaru).

and yeah, once you get into the 11's it becomes harder and more costly to get farther, but thats pretty much the same with any car. after around 500hp and that much abuse, most any transmission wont be able to cope with the stresses, and the motor will likely become the bottleneck, as you need to start moving in upwards of 50lbs/min of airflow to get any farther, and most vehicles will need a built bottom end to cope with that. Even the Terminator has a hard time getting past the 10 second barrier, once you fully commit to single digit goals any vehicle becomes less street friendly, its just a matter of how much sacrafice you are willing to give and how much money you have to reach said goal.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:37 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'd like to see a comparison on the LS2 GTO's and the 03/04 Cobras. Anybody have a link or vid?

I had a magazine awhile back that compared an LS1 GTO and a Mach1, the Mach1 beat the GTO in practically everything.
There is no magazine comparison between the two, LS2 GTO came out after the Terminators were no longer in production.

Here's an article of a 04 Cobra vs. a LS1 GTO.
04 Cobra vs GTO Article

I would advice you to go test drive both cars then you will see that I am right and umbuyiest about the Terminators being faster.

GTO's are more refined with nicer seats and shifter location, their powerplant likes to race to its redline and demand a new gear. The engine likes to rev.

A Terminator is a very refined New Edge Mustang that has a extremely broad torque curve that makes power almost everywhere. No need to downshift in most passing situations.

Both cars have their advanges over each other, but we all know that Fords are the best.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:34 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well I would prefer a nice comfy ride, a lot of horse power, and a car that looks great.

I could be happy with either 03 Cobra or LS2 GTO.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #33
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Just get the cobra
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:30 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Something about spending less than 2 grand in mods to run 11's seems like a better idea.....

03-04 cobra FTW
Old 02-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
Something about spending less than 2 grand in mods to run 11's seems like a better idea.....

03-04 cobra FTW
this man speakth the truth

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar