The Crash - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to RySko
The Crash

Figured I'd post some pictures of my car! Not in a good sense though. Some of you guys who have been on this site might recongize this car, it was my brothers first car, I think he use to be a Admin here, White95V6Stang was his name, or familiar.

I was riding around with my buddy, got some blizzards from dairy queen, went to bs with his cousin at work, than decided to head home. On the way home I didn't have my high beams on, I know the road well, but made a bad decision that night. Knowing the road was some what narrow, as far as not having a shoulder, I should have known better to swerve when a deer came out from the drivers side, I didnt have my highbeams on and I didnt see the deer until its head was right over my side mirror, now when I say over, I mean in a distance, the deer was infront of the car but I didnt see it till it was at that point. I turned lightly to the right, not a hard jerk, just enough to prevent SOME FRONTEND DAMAGE. I dodged the deer, but didnt see the rock that lay off the road, due to no shoulder, there was just gravel, and lay in the dirt, a nice size rock, but what I'd call a boulder. I hit it, blowing out both right side tires, sending the car airborn over a driveway, we landed and the car instantly jerked right due to the two blown tires. We took out a mail box and then went right into a tree after that @ 45-50MPH. Airbags went off, everything was fine. I saw some sparking, instantly screamed some profain words and than quickly told my friend to get out of the car. My ankle was num, I knew something was wrong with it but that didn't stop me from getting out of that car.

My friend was screaming, I wasnt sure if he was hurt or if he was scared, he was screaming and in between yells he told me his door was stuck, he quickly got out climbing across the seat and out of my door however. I lay him down behind the car a safe distance, hopping on my left foot, scared to put pressure on my right. I waved the next car down that passed, my luck it was a cop. He called for help and than aided my friend in I, a guy came out of his house aswell to help. The car was gone I knew. I was asking my friend how he's feeling and then the worst 5 words I ever wanted to hear at the moment came from the cops mouth, "****, the cars on fire" my friend looks over, the cop busts the passenger window with his flash light, shattered glass owns my friends face, the guy tells him smartly, "You may want to look away to prevent glass getting in your face...." The cop ran back to his car and got the fire extingisher, tried to put it out, but couldnt. Next thing I know the guy and the cop try lifting me up to put me in the back of the car, I yell at them and tell them to get my friend first, he needs it more. They listen, I get myself up, hop over to the cop car.

Now, by time we got back to his car, seated, and looked at my car again, the flames were 25 feet in the air. I don't know how the hell it went up so quick, but I thank god that me nor my friend were knocked out or trapped in the car that night. We made phone calls home, told my brother, "Don't tell mom but I got in an accident, I'm alright, the cars done though. The cars on fire." -- How the **** am I going to keep that from mom!?-- She found out, we had to tell her obvisouly, her and my dad rushed to the hospital, got there just as my ambulance pulled in. Let me tell you how much it sucked seeing that Mustang burn, and burn, and burn.. 2 weeks prior I put a new sound system in there, $2,000, burning, burning, melting.. gone. I know, that can be replaced, so can the car, but my life cant.. but DAMN, my first car, I loved it so much.

We got to the hospital, my friend was sent home that night, I stayed Monday-Wednesday, surgery on my ankle on Tuesday, it was broken, they had to put a screw in it. Safe to say I got screwed on Valentines day though I've been in bed at home since Wed. laying here, on the computer, not being able to do jack.. it's awful, all I can think about is my car and when I'm going to get a new one. She was a 1995 Ford Mustang, 72,000 miles on her, was running excellent. Anyway, I cant keep you guys waiting much more, here are the pics.

RySko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: The Crash

holy hell, i would be sick if that was my car, but be glad u got out of that alive, cause it could have been a hell of a lot worse. cars can be replaced!

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Below: Pic of the rock we hit that blew out both right side tires and sent us airborn, the one with the scratch on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
holy hell, i would be sick if that was my car, but be glad u got out of that alive, cause it could have been a hell of a lot worse. cars can be replaced!
I am sick! I feel so ****ty, I know it wasnt my fault but I've always told others not to swerve from deer. I really don't want any other car but a Mustang now, I was so happy in that car.

Here are some before pictures.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

WOW, glad you and your friend made it out ok. I bet that boulder shredded your fuel line which runs down the passenger side of the car then hit a short.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't think about that, I'm not really a big techie, I just enjoy Mustangs, the look and style, I'm more of a audio head, I was thinking it may have been some of my wires for my subs and amps and such, but that I figured the fuse popped most likely.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

wow glad you and your friend survived that, you really did a number on that car
Old 02-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

WOW! That really sucks, You guys were Lucky, Glad to hear you survived
Old 02-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

Man im glad it didnt turn out worse. Cars can be replaced people cant.

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 07:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania

glad to hear you guys are alright. sucks to say and i didnt like to hear it when ppl told me it; but, cars can be replace, you can't.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:37 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

At least you made it out man. And I'll go ahead and tell you...depending on how serious your ankle was, have fun getting full motion back. I have 2 in my right ankle from a wreck when I shattered it, I got back about 75% movement, just takes alot of work to get it there.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:45 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Taywi

that sucks

from old and busted to new hotness
Taywi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:51 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

My ankle broke in two places, a cast wouldnt allow them to bond and heal back together, the screw will. It's a simple screw in my ankle that as they tightened it the bones met ends. The surgery was done on Tuesday, I was suppose to go back to the doctor today and have xrays taken to see how it's healing up, but they couldn't book us until Thursday morning. Thats when they will take new XRays and see how everything is healing, hopefully it's all doing good, I really don't feel like having another surgery done.

If everything is fine, they will put me into a lighter cast I'm sure, allowing me to be more active, actually get up to go to the bathroom and such. Then after two to three weeks of that cast I think I get a walking cast and go back to school, that cast lasts for another two to three weeks.. I think the doc said a 8 week recovery in all.. I'll let you guys know what the Xrays say Thursday.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:54 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Here's an xray of my ankle for reference lol.

And one of my hip:

So I def know where you're coming from. They gave my parents the choice between the screws or a long drawn out healing in a body cast. I was unconscious at the time because I also cracked my skull and knocked a nice piece out of it.
Our's:
Old 02-20-2007, 11:00 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Damn, youre crash was just a bit more worse than mine, lol..

I haven't recieved the X-Rays yet for my ankle, I'm sure I will tomorrow, because I'll have the night it happened and a week in a cast and all.

I actually, to be completely honest, think I broke the ankle in two places myself. After the crash it was num, I knew something happened, I figured a sprain, I wasnt going to take time to think about it, I just got out of the car and made sure my buddy did as fast as we could, I kept all the pressure on my left foot, hopping around, like when I waved down the cop and all.. after the car I flagged down pulled over, I saw the spot light go on, I knew it was a cop and knew all the help we need will be here soon, so I figured I'd put my right ankle down and see how bad it actually is.. I think me doing so forced the 2nd break, a pain shot right up my leg and my ankle burned, I instantly fell, let out some profain words, got up later and hopped my way to the police car on my good foot.

If I get them, I'll also post Xrays Thursday when I post the update.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:01 PM   #16

Physical therapy is going to be a *****. Glad to see that you are doing much better than you could have been.
3.3Liters4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:02 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Those are xrays from 3 years after the fact for reference. That was at my last checkup and final release. Hopefully you won't have any problems out of it, but it will definitely come back to haunt you when you get older, I can already tell differences.
Our's:
Old 02-20-2007, 11:07 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Therapy, lol, the therapy, if you could call it that, that I have had so far was walking around on crutches, they made such a big deal of it.. what high school student doesn't know how to use crutches, I mean, hasn't the majority stolen their friends and dicked around with them at one point in life? I kicked *** going up the steps and around the halls, I guess thats only because there were no rocks, deer, mailboxes, or trees in the way too.

IDK, I'll be fine, 100% movement would be great But your wreck seemed a lot worse aswell. Glad youre okay man Lets hope it never happens again on my part, if I ever wreck another Mustang like that I'll cry
Old 02-20-2007, 11:10 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Luckily I wasn't in the stang, I was riding with a friend in a minivan lol.

As far as physical therapy, just do what they want ya to do lol.
And crutches are easy until you try going down stairs...it's alot harder than you think lol.
Our's:
Old 02-20-2007, 11:13 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Ah I went up and down them already, I don't even use them, I put them in the opposite hand that the railing is on, use them somewhat balance on one side, grip the hand rail and hop, keeping the bad foot out straight to prevent it from banging on the previous step, that would just be swell. Everything in crutches I've basically got down, it's just the REAL therapy that has to come now, thats more so what I'm worried about, lol.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:22 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Damn man that sucks.

I say they need to legalize Deer hunting all year long and make it legal to kill doe everyday not just certain ones. When I'm driving home at night I always go the speed limit or slower because we have more deer around here than you can shake a stick at, and they are alway running out infront of you. I came about 5 or so feet from hitting one the other night. I slammed my brakes so hard that I thought the rear of my car was going to go flying over the front.

Hope you feel better soon.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:47 AM   #22
Regular

Region: Tennessee

That's crazy man. Sorry to hear about the car and glad you are ok

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:50 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

at least the car went out in a blaze of glory. good luck finding a new stang. that was some quick thinking on your part when the accident happened. you probably saved your friends life if it was that bad.

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:13 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

We have a lot of deer around my area too, I've seen about 20 at one night, it was like a friggin' cartoon. Like how you see cars stopped for 20,000 ducks crossing the road, thats how it was one night, but deer.. they took their damn time too, not even a airhorn shook them. I looked to the left after they all crossed, counted 15 deer, chilling in the field, and one ******* with a airhorn out his car window trying to scare them. I was out numbered, I just left. I will be taking my hunting test and getting my license, don't worry

My other close encounter with a deer is actually pretty funny, not for the mother tailing me though. We were driving up this road by me called Schoolies Mountain Road, this is one of my favorite roads, its almost all up hill, windy and turny, its just so fun to drive, I love it. I was going up at the speed limit, 40MPH which isnt so fun, and a SUV decides to get right up on my ***, I go up to 45, he moves right up on my ***, I go to 50 and he repeats, right up on my ***. Now I could go faster because I know this road like the back of my hand but I didn't want to risk a deer accident, smart move, a little ways up the road, same area the deer that crashed my car came out of, drivers side, no highbeams, saw his head right as it was on an angel from my side mirror, I turned right, the road HAD a shoulder, I was fine, the truck lights behind went off, and I didn't see him on my *** for the rest of that road, even when I slowed to 30 for a few, I'm guessing he hit it, well deserved.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:40 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Send a message via MSN to rydog

Holy ****aki glad to hear your ok. get better soon and get you another stang

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #26
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

You are one lucky sob, you should buy a lottery ticket. Glad the stang was the only thing destroyed.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

damn dude you ****ed that stang up, glad your okay seriously cause that looked bad
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:57 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Black95GT

ty for crashing my 1st car! =(
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Hey don't feel down, it was my first car too bro

Just a little update, I went to the doctors this morning and had the splints removed and all. My ankle was swollen like hell, I'm going to have to start putting pressure on it now, and physical therapy on the actual ankle. It doesnt hurt that bad now with the air cast, I have to put like 5-15 pounds of pressure on my foot here n there just to get use to it. I also have the one heel/leg splint still for when I lay in bed..

I tried moving my ankle up/down as the doctor asked me to do as much as I can, I can move it up a little, too far shoots a pain up the back of my leg, but I CANT move it down.. when I try, all that moves is my big toe, it's gonna take some work, and sucks a lot..

No new Xrays, thats next week, my mistake.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:50 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

phew.. glad everyone is ok...

and im glad i was never in a crash that serious before.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar