Love stinks....... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to topless67 Send a message via Yahoo to topless67
Love stinks.......

I'm feeling pretty down, and without going into detail....we'll just say that love stinks.

I'm curious to those of you who are married, or have found the person you plan to marry....how many failed realtionships did it take for you to find the right person for you? Do you think its more about dating a number of different people before learning enough about yourself and love to find what/who works for you, or do you think it doesn't matter the number of people you end up dating, but what you learn from those expieriences that has finally landed you in a good, lasting relationship?

I know I'm young and shouldn't fret, but I need some inspiration right now, becuase this last relationship was the best I've ever had in a lot of ways, and yet things went downhill fast and it has been so hard on me.
topless67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Re: Love stinks.......

i'm never getting married
Old 02-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i'm single, but i've got possibilities, i'll leave it at that

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

well you are still very young and at your age you really cant expect any sort of relationship to actually last very long. People your age change their minds to much and simply change overall fast... just realize that you wont know what im talking about until you get older and just get on with your life. Once you start dating more mature people you will see what I mean.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to topless67 Send a message via Yahoo to topless67

I guess what I posted didn't come off right. I'm not like, looking for a husband. I chose college, and that will postpone a lot of other things I'd like to enjoy in life. I do resent the whole idea that people my age can't find that sort of love though or have lasting realtionships, because one of my best friends married @ 21 and they are doing great. It is about maturity and being able to adapt to change together, but it doesn't take everyone till their 30+ to reach it.

I was more looking for stories of what made those of you who have strong relationships realize that. Hear some positive stuff to keep my mind off this temporary low. I don't need advice, this is all a learning process & everyone's experience is different.
topless67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i will say this, every relationship that you have helps you grow...you learn from every person that you come across and that in turn helps you realize more and more of what you want and what you don't want. you have the bad relationships so that u know what not to look for. everything comes in time and when you find that right person, you will know it

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:46 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

I found the right person but the wrong time in her life. oh well. ive pretty much given up with her, i can only wait for so long.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

love does suck. its a fact. im with a great girl now and im still cautious towards any type of forever thing. just gotta play it safe and things will work out in the end usually. statistically speaking though the best time to marry for a guy is 27 and for the girl is 25... they have the lowest divorce rate.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to RySko

I'm 18, I fell in love once.. I hate being single, but I don't want to get with somebody that will only last a few weeks or months in a relationships.. it sucks hard, just wait it out. I guess..
RySko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Good thing you haven't yet claimed you're actually single yet -> otherwise at least 6 people would be hitting on you already

:pnoid:

Good luck!! you deserve someone who's as good for you as you are for them, everyone does...
Old 02-27-2007, 11:46 AM   #11
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

I wish I had some uplifting feel good story for you, but my previous relationship, as you know, ended horribly
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
I wish I had some uplifting feel good story for you, but my previous relationship, as you know, ended horribly
aah the relation****. did you guys have nothing fights?

Old 02-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #13
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
aah the relation****. did you guys have nothing fights?
naw, that was my first girlfriend, this one ended when she cheated on me and got preggers.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

I've been through the horror stories with realtionship, have gotten hurt big time.
But in the end I found the love of my life or maybe she found me It happens when you least expect it .She's my best friend,lover and savior I'd be lost without her.
She puts up with my BS, keeps me in line and does some many little things to keep me happy, listen to ramble on about stangs watches all the car show with me that anything to do with stangs

IMO it doesn't matter if you date alot or a little !!!If it's right, you know it Just try not to compare a new person in your life to the old .that's hard to do sometime but you gotta try to be fair and not hold back becasue of what some ******* in the past has done

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 12:12 PM   #15
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
IMO it doesn't matter if you date alot or a little !!!If it's right, you know it Just try not to compare a new person in your life to the old .that's hard to do sometime but you gotta try to be fair and not hold back becasue of what some ******* in the past has done

AMEN BROTHER!! I cannot stand that, and that has been the problem for me for a bit, my ex did that, still does, and I find that most girls I talk to are like that. It is ridiculous. I don't even get a chance any more.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
AMEN BROTHER!! I cannot stand that, and that has been the problem for me for a bit, my ex did that, still does, and I find that most girls I talk to are like that. It is ridiculous. I don't even get a chance any more.
You just have to treat them like ****. If you do that they wont ever want to let you go.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Sad sad world out there.. people complain about how things should be, turn down the chance to have things that way, and take a complete ****ty route, which they complain about anyway, usually to the person they turned down who would have treated them like a prince/princess... *****es man, I'll tell ya..
Old 02-27-2007, 02:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

heres my take on this situation, Im not a 100% sure how old you are but heres from my experience.

all through HS i pretty much dated the same girl, and never really "found" myself or anything, we broke up (over something minimial) and I moved on I feel if it werent for that and my experiences Ive faced through the time of me being 18-22 Ive grown up alot. Ive gone through differ states of my life that each person I was with from there on I grew up more, I learned more on what life had to offer.and trust me I went through phases of just sleeping around to just chillin wit a chick for awhile.

Thats what you gotta do take life by its horns and live life through the experiences that you will get. Without those experiences Ive had im not who I am. and same will go for you. Each experience is a life lesson your suppuse to look at and learn from and then improve yourself for that next experience you will get.

Just know who you are first then you'll know who your partners gonna be. Honestly I feel right now I found THE one, you wouldnt catch me saying that last year this time at all.

cause as Herb said above shes willing to take my BS, do the small things that do matter and willing to do the hobbies I have with no complains, because I can go do the things she likes with no complains cause im intrested to learn.

No other girl ive dated in my pasted showed me new things, whether it be art, the opera, certain concerts. Thats what my gf does for me shes keeps things intresting she teaches me new things which no other girl did for me and made me very bored with them.

This is just my 2 cents on this situation. Dont be down just remember theres gonna be something new and exciting coming your way and its gonna be your choice on which way to take it.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:37 PM   #19
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I'm single now,
Got no ring on this finger now,
I'll never let another chick bring me down

Basically sums it up

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
I went through phases of just sleeping around...
Slut j/k

Edit: Brent needs a superman.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RySko View Post
Slut j/k

Edit: Brent needs a superman.
hell yea why not if their willing im willing but thats the old me id never do that again
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang

im only 21, but in HS I had 3 Gf's One is a really good friend of mine, the next i went out with for 2 years, she now is 25 and in FL, we kinda went our own ways, she wanted more college life (i was still in HS). the last of my HS Gf's cheated on me. i still to this day have not talked to her. post HS i was single most of the time, i went on a few dates but then one night a met 2 of my friends (girls) and my best friend ( a guy) and the 2 girls said a 3rd girl was going to be there also, so i was like ok, this 3rd girl is friends with my buddy and she is friends with the 2 girls. a week later I asked her (the 3rd girl) out, and now have been going out for 2 years and 3 months. we both like a lot of the same things, yet still can have our own way to do things.

so cliff notes, if u just hang out and have fun then when ur not looking one will find you. its just time. rule number one, be ur self cause if your not u wont be happy 6 months to a year later when the real you comes out from under the shell....
Old 02-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #23

You learn what kind of person you are looking for from your past relationships. You'll know when you've found that right person. But the mistake alot of people make is that they think they're in love...when it's really an infatuation. I think it takes alot of time to get to know that one person completely. I might be just me...but I don't think that you can know that your boyfriend/girlfriend is "the one" when you've only been dating them for a few months. It takes time to really got to know if that someone is "the one". That's my advice.
3.3Liters4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:59 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang View Post
I've been through the horror stories with realtionship, have gotten hurt big time.
But in the end I found the love of my life or maybe she found me It happens when you least expect it .She's my best friend,lover and savior I'd be lost without her.
She puts up with my BS, keeps me in line and does some many little things to keep me happy, listen to ramble on about stangs watches all the car show with me that anything to do with stangs

IMO it doesn't matter if you date alot or a little !!!If it's right, you know it Just try not to compare a new person in your life to the old .that's hard to do sometime but you gotta try to be fair and not hold back because of what some ******* in the past has done
Herb covered everything I wanted to say. I've been hurt so bad in the past that I gave up on relationships for a while.. when that happened, Brad happened. Like Herb said, it was when it was least expected. It was kinda hard at first, cause I just knew that he would cheat and leave me like everyone else has... but I told myself that I better not do that stupid thinking, or else he might. So I stayed positive and we're doing better than ever. With time we've grown to trust and love each other more than I think we could ever love anyone. I think another part of it is compatibility. We're perfect for each other in so many ways. Him loving mustangs is a plus! So I guess what I'm saying is don't give up, keep looking, cause there is someone out there who was made just for you, you just haven't found him yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 04MonteSS

Quote:
Sad sad world out there.. people complain about how things should be, turn down the chance to have things that way, and take a complete ****ty route, which they complain about anyway, usually to the person they turned down who would have treated them like a prince/princess... *****es man, I'll tell ya..
Exactly whats happening to me right now. ****ing sick of that crap
Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression, but Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera - I'll kill you.
04MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Just hang in there.. it'll keep happening.. be happy people can look to you for the help and support they need. I like the fact that friends can bring their problems to me but I get tired of repeating myself when it comes to 'He is bad news.'

I've been single for about 3-4 years now, IT SUCKS ***.. basically done trying for awhile.. focusing on more important things in life, not that love is not important to me.. but it sure as hell isn't one of the easiest things to find.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
werd. Im done playing Captain Save-A-Ho.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

i didnt read everything in here, so if someone already said this.............too bad, youre hearing it from me to.

topless67, the ends always justify the means. the pain and hurt that you will go through in the little, for lack of a better term, relationships, will never amount to the joy you will experience once that "one true person" is found. the joy of being with that person would not feel as good if it werent for the pain on the past relationships
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar