Hold up what? Rap Music Declining? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to RySko
Re: Hold up what? Rap Music Declining?

I know, I was just giving the reason of it falling off, people are finally growing tired of the topic at hand. There is a WHOLE scheme of people who have not made it main stream because of their style and how it's more real than it is street talk. I know several Hip Hop artists who are insanely good and get over looked by many people because of their style. A fella I know turned down more than enough record deals just because "Why would I want to be a ***** to some white dude who makes more money off my **** than I do".. I think the underground hip hop is WAY better than this main stream ****.

I only listen to mostly Eminem, Dre, Snoop, D12, Jay-Z, Talib and Common.. I hate the new people coming up, 50 cent's a fluke.. that g-unit **** is the worst **** ever.. they have sick beats but I hate their style, they try to hard to maintain a image they are faking. Hip Hop is DEAD. When something dies, it's back to the underground.. thats where it's at right now in my opininon.

I dont really care what music is next to be the OMG BEST.. I like all kinds of music, if it's good its good... who cares for genres.
RySko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2007, 07:18 PM   #37
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I do like some rap. Not really non of the new stuff. If I listen to it it's because I think it's funny. The words they make up are hilarious. I enjoy Eminem to an extent. Some of his songs are stupid and some make me wonder why he isn't in a mental institute. Others are awesome though. Such as Sing For The Moment and Superman. I enjoy Three Six Mafia, Dr. Dre and Tupac. All 1990's for the most part. Eminem early 2000's but now he just sucks.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Encore was bad, only a few good tracks.. it was a money maker, more ****ing around than anything.

The Marshal Mathers LP & The Eminem Show are my two favorite albums from him, pure lyrical smartness.

I listen to artists most people don't know of due to the fact they stay underground.. DZK, Hard Target, F.a.T, Gravity, and such, they have skill.. DZK turned down a lot of record deals so far, he would have brought a WHOLE new style to HipHop/Rap genre, he was like a demonic, I'll **** youre 15 year old daughter, I love speed, crazy ****.. he's got skill and a completely different style.. more talks of torture and ****, did some songs for the video game NARC and one for house of a thousand corpses.. Its not as bad as it sounds when I say tourtue and ****.. Www.SoundClick.Com/DZK check him out if you want.. ton's of tracks up. He's like reggie, rap, techno, rock, and all, he's very versatile.. nuts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #39
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Needs to come out with a damn new cd...I am wearing out his other two. Einstein, Absolute Power FTW!!!!
They come to Lawrence all the time... they love it here and being from KC theyre only 25 minutes away. I've seen tech n9ne in concert more times than I can count... and for only like 5-10 bucks per concert

I like both rock and rap, a lot of the newer stuff is thin pickings, but theres a good song here and there.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:33 PM   #40
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
They come to Lawrence all the time... they love it here and being from KC theyre only 25 minutes away. I've seen tech n9ne in concert more times than I can count... and for only like 5-10 bucks per concert
That's the coolest part about them. I think the most I have seen tickets for thier concerts is $15.

In fact, for angelic, they did a free concert so that the crowed could be on the cover and on the cover art. I have the "making of" dvd that came with it...he is such a down to earth guy.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:23 PM   #41
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

yeah hes a cool dude

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
One could only hope. All rap is now is the same crap over and over again. What little creativity existed in the 90's the beginning of the new century is gone.

FOXNews.com - Sales of Rap Albums Take Stunning Nosedive - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment
Hip-Hop as altogether is not so much declining, but the fan's who drove it's rise for the last 30 yrs are alot older now and it's crossover foothold in white suburbia has gotten older and moved on. In combination with the lack of good artist, "evreybody and their mother must have their on label" and the ease of downloading just the song you want and not buying the whole album and scan through the bull****, it's not in decline, it is just leveling off where it should be.
99 Atlantic Blue V6- SOHC 4.6 swap, Tremec 3650, 8.8 rear end/ Flowtech Ceramic LT headers, off-road x-pipe, Spintech side exit exhaust. K&N drop in filter, removed snorkel, 18x10, 18x9, Anthracite Bullitt Replicas 295-35's, 265-35's. Eibach Pro-Kit springs, M&M Camber Plates
wrecked2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:06 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Taywi

i think that stuff like Linkin Park, Fort Minor, and Styles of Beyond will get bigger

from old and busted to new hotness
Taywi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:42 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

^ Hell yeah
Old 03-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taywi View Post
i think that stuff like Linkin Park, Fort Minor, and Styles of Beyond will get bigger
I dont, Linkin park came and went and Fort Minor didnt even make a dent in the music world...I have no clue who Styles of Beyond is but they prolly wont make it either

Rap-rock genre died along time ago and wont ever rise again, I consider the death of rap-rock when RATM broke up.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Everything GOOD is not what is making it big, cause its not whats selling.. the big timers only sign who will sell, they don't care about music, they care about money! IMO anyway
Old 03-02-2007, 02:09 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
I dont, Linkin park came and went and Fort Minor didnt even make a dent in the music world.
if they didn't make a dent then why do we hear Fort Minor's where'd you go, Remember the name, and Petrified on absolutely everything including video games.... and linkin park song in countless movies and games...

Old 03-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise

I'm a rock fan and that's about it. There is the odd song here and there from different genres that'll interest, but that's about it.

The problem with ALL types of music these days is that the record companies wouldn't know originality if it bit them in the ***. Everything sounds so much alike, it's not even funny. Back in the early 90s you have a massive array of sounds/content to choose from whether it was rock with the whole Seattle movement to the Chili Peppers, Green Day, etc. Rap had Tupac, Biggie, LL Cool J, etc..... it was like this for all genres. These days all rock sounds the same. All Rap sounds the same. All Hip hop sounds the same. All country sounds the same, but you have two types of country music: either the old-school, twangy **** or the up-beat rockin stuff.

Either way, rock and country both need a shot in the *** from someone who's actually original. Rock's gone through it a few times with people like Elvis, Nirvana, and a bunch others. Rap's gone through it with guys like Run-DMC, Tupac and Biggie......... but the last time these genres had a good shot in the arm was at least 10-15 years ago and because of that, everything out there whas just become so status-quo it's not even funny.

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:45 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
I dont, Linkin park came and went and Fort Minor didnt even make a dent in the music world...I have no clue who Styles of Beyond is but they prolly wont make it either
lol Linkin Park is far from over. they make two actual CD's (as linkin park) and from each one a second CD spawns from it, then shinoda and hahn go off and make their own **** which becomes insanely popular.

I personally cant wait for LP's actual third album to come. from the song you hear them play at tokyo (i think) on youtube it sounds like its gonna be more like Hybrid Theory, which is a plus IMO.

Quote:
Rap-rock genre died along time ago and wont ever rise again, I consider the death of rap-rock when RATM broke up.
wtf how is RATM even considered rap/rock? i hate the whole rap/rock category, most of it is NOT even close to being anything rap. IMO rap/rock was born and killed for one song, yeah, the one with Run DMC and Aerosmith, one of the greatest collabs evar. thats it. JayZ and Chester do not equal half of what aero/dmc was, neither do any of the other collabs or categories considered rap/rock. last time i checked, rap was not a white guy screaming into a mic telling the world how depressed he is, rap is a black guy (unless its eminem or atmosphere) telling the world about his dubs, 40's and big screens (or if its eminem then hes talking about killing his wife and such)

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #50
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RySko View Post
Everything GOOD is not what is making it big, cause its not whats selling.. the big timers only sign who will sell, they don't care about music, they care about money! IMO anyway
But doesn't logic suggest that what sells = good?

Reddit
Old 03-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #51
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
But doesn't logic suggest that what sells = good?
No...it is "what is marketed well = sells well"....
Old 03-02-2007, 04:04 PM   #52
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
No...it is "what is marketed well = sells well"....
Well based on the logic I presented it would hold true that Rap is falling then. People are getting tired of the repetition and moving on to different music genre.

Reddit
Old 03-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #53
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Well based on the logic I presented it would hold true that Rap is falling then. People are getting tired of the repetition and moving on to different music genre.
Mine would also hold up...because rap really isn't really marketed at all. Where as american idol stars are, and other tarts like britney/jessica simpson/etc are marketed due to hotness and what not...they sell well.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

Quote:
Encore was bad, only a few good tracks.. it was a money maker, more ****ing around than anything.

The Marshal Mathers LP & The Eminem Show are my two favorite albums from him, pure lyrical smartness.

I listen to artists most people don't know of due to the fact they stay underground.. DZK, Hard Target, F.a.T, Gravity, and such, they have skill.. DZK turned down a lot of record deals so far, he would have brought a WHOLE new style to HipHop/Rap genre, he was like a demonic, I'll **** youre 15 year old daughter, I love speed, crazy ****.. he's got skill and a completely different style.. more talks of torture and ****, did some songs for the video game NARC and one for house of a thousand corpses.. Its not as bad as it sounds when I say tourtue and ****.. Www.SoundClick.Com/DZK check him out if you want.. ton's of tracks up. He's like reggie, rap, techno, rock, and all, he's very versatile.. nuts
OMGZ DZK FTW... i've listened to him since 2003. always droppin something sweet... except lately for some reason.. dunno what's up with that
Old 03-03-2007, 12:53 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
if they didn't make a dent then why do we hear Fort Minor's where'd you go, Remember the name, and Petrified on absolutely everything including video games.... and linkin park song in countless movies and games...
I actually dont, they dont play them up here cause its old and not what this area is about. Gotta member I come from an area thats all about metal. Like the likes of Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Hatebreed, In Flames. Thats whats always big around Fort Minor didnt last a month on our rock station, ended up getting repeated play on the pop stations cause its just that pop rap/rock.

Ive only heard a LP song on like one movie. not many
Old 03-03-2007, 01:03 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
lol Linkin Park is far from over. they make two actual CD's (as linkin park) and from each one a second CD spawns from it, then shinoda and hahn go off and make their own **** which becomes insanely popular.
Wheres the insanely popular? that **** is far from popular around here maybe on the POP stations then yep you are right but what it is, its not popular then again like I said above metal the preference of rock around here.

Quote:
wtf how is RATM even considered rap/rock? i hate the whole rap/rock category, most of it is NOT even close to being anything rap. IMO rap/rock was born and killed for one song, yeah, the one with Run DMC and Aerosmith, one of the greatest collabs evar. thats it. JayZ and Chester do not equal half of what aero/dmc was, neither do any of the other collabs or categories considered rap/rock. last time i checked, rap was not a white guy screaming into a mic telling the world how depressed he is, rap is a black guy (unless its eminem or atmosphere) telling the world about his dubs, 40's and big screens (or if its eminem then hes talking about killing his wife and such)
Um RATM is considered rap/rock sorry, hence why early in their career they were doing tours with the likes of WU Tang and other rappers. sorry to burst your bubble.

I can see your idea of rap/rock is seriously hindered cause your comparing apples to chicken cause thats how messed up your view of raprock is. When your combining efforts of rap lyrics/beats and mixing them in with rock riffs, hell most of the songs are structured with timing like teh way rap beats go
I dont see how the hell you got that little theory above cause its beyond wrong.

rap-rock has always been around and still is, with the likes of Limp Bizkit, HED PE, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, RATM hell even Korn did about 4-5 rap/rock songs, I can think of many more bands if i were at home looking at my cd collection but im not. so that is that.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wheres the insanely popular? that **** is far from popular around here maybe on the POP stations then yep you are right but what it is, its not popular then again like I said above metal the preference of rock around here.

Um RATM is considered rap/rock sorry, hence why early in their career they were doing tours with the likes of WU Tang and other rappers. sorry to burst your bubble.

I can see your idea of rap/rock is seriously hindered cause your comparing apples to chicken cause thats how messed up your view of raprock is. When your combining efforts of rap lyrics/beats and mixing them in with rock riffs, hell most of the songs are structured with timing like teh way rap beats go
I dont see how the hell you got that little theory above cause its beyond wrong.

rap-rock has always been around and still is, with the likes of Limp Bizkit, HED PE, Linkin Park, Fort Minor, RATM hell even Korn did about 4-5 rap/rock songs, I can think of many more bands if i were at home looking at my cd collection but im not. so that is that.

well i say you can keep your no purpose screaming, thrasher, kill everything, my momma don't love me music and i'll keep listening to this and thinking Damn.. i'd hate actually being able to know what he's saying past the useless guitar riffs and screaming into a mic...

Old 03-03-2007, 11:11 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark View Post
OMGZ DZK FTW... i've listened to him since 2003. always droppin something sweet... except lately for some reason.. dunno what's up with that
He's working on some new **** though, a mixtape and I believe an album.. but mostly he's sucking at Counter Strike and playing computer games. ****ing DZ..
Old 03-04-2007, 12:18 AM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
well i say you can keep your no purpose screaming, thrasher, kill everything, my momma don't love me music and i'll keep listening to this and thinking Damn.. i'd hate actually being able to know what he's saying past the useless guitar riffs and screaming into a mic...

You talk about songs with meaning and then post a Linkin Park video?

I give up guys.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:44 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
You talk about songs with meaning and then post a Linkin Park video?

I give up guys.
i'da put up the vid to where'd you go... but i didn't feel like looking for it...

Old 03-04-2007, 01:47 AM   #61
Regular

I love Linkin Park. One of my favorite bands.

Reddit
Old 03-04-2007, 01:53 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

what music puts you to sleep.. i need some
Old 03-04-2007, 03:01 AM   #63
Regular

Throw on some Eagles

Reddit
Old 03-04-2007, 03:16 AM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy

di.fm and click on "Ambient". thats good sleepeytime music.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:00 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

um im gonna presume you've never listen to any KSE and Shadows Falls songs huh you can keep your put together band ill headbang to guys with some talent with guitars
Old 03-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
um im gonna presume you've never listen to any KSE and Shadows Falls songs huh you can keep your put together band ill headbang to guys with some talent with guitars
yeah and kill yourself and a "wall of death" too... if you want guitar talent listen to real musicianship look to Dave Mathews Band...

Old 03-04-2007, 05:27 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
its not all screaming. Atreyu, Trivium, KSE, etc all have parts of the song where you hear non-screaming vocals and its some of the best parts of any songs youll ever hear.

you should download some Bullet for my Valentine: The Poison, its a very good cd that blends vocals with awesome riffs that make you want to drive really fast. also download some Tool albums if you want to hear real musical talent and genius.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:27 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

Quote:
He's working on some new **** though, a mixtape and I believe an album.. but mostly he's sucking at Counter Strike and playing computer games. ****ing DZ..
bah, he's been "working on an album" since 03 too lol it was originally supposed to be out in 04.. then 05, then it was indefinitely delayed

but i still like most of his music
Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Its the video games dark, all he does is sit there and play computer games now..
Old 03-05-2007, 12:09 AM   #70
Regular

At least it isn't WOW

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar