JDM rant. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
JDM rant.

Dammit, these people just bug the everlovin' piss out of me. How can you be so proud of something that's made from another country? How can you sit there and be like, "Hey, your piece of **** Ford/Chevy/Dodge sucks compared to my imported JDM!" WTF??!?! What ever happened to the good ol' U.S. of A.????

And how in ****'s name can you tell me that a 4 cyl is the replacement for displacement(i.e. 4G63)? Dammit people did you not ever take Math classes? The larger the air pump the more air it can move, ****ING PERIOD. You force 1000 CFM of air through a 302 ci motor and more air will flow through it than a 1.6, 1.8, 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 ltr, with like flowing heads on both engines, PERIOD!!!!! Just because your little engine that makes 220 hp in a 1900 lb car can run High 12's doesn't make the car/engine God's gift to man. Make it run 10's and then you have my attention, no wait, you wouldn't, because you can only appreciate something that is made in country that sneak attacked us and killed thousands of Americans, in the name of policy. American cars have been running 12's since the ****ing 60's, LADDY ****ING DAH. "Well, my car gets better gas mileage?" Well, guess what your a ricer. How can you take pride in saying your car gets good gas mileage? What because you got whooped by a car that should have beat you in the first place? And better yet, it was a stock mustang![/rant]


I feel better.


Feel free to discuss if you like.
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-01-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: JDM rant.

Bad day at the farm?
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:28 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: JDM rant.

I pissed in his Fruit Loops.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I pissed in his Fruit Loops.

True story.
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

sounds like someone just got spanked by a 4 banger.

your argument is so poorly worded, so all over the place it doesnt even deserve more attention. it doesnt really have a basis other than "i hate 4 bangers cause i think V8's are gods gift to the world bla bla i really dont know how boost/forced induction really works bla bla no 4 banger can beat a v8 bla bla" and then theres some wild tangent about japan attacking us, which has nothing to do with the automotive industry of today.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:55 PM   #6
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: JDM rant.

I hate 4 bangers. I don't have problem saying it. I don't give a **** how fast it is , it is still a 4 banger. Being the fastest 4 banger is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
sounds like someone just got spanked by a 4 banger.

your argument is so poorly worded, so all over the place it doesnt even deserve more attention. it doesnt really have a basis other than "i hate 4 bangers cause i think V8's are gods gift to the world bla bla i really dont know how boost/forced induction really works bla bla no 4 banger can beat a v8 bla bla" and then theres some wild tangent about japan attacking us, which has nothing to do with the automotive industry of today.
BWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... You couldn't be further from the truth. Actually, I do know how boost and forced induction works. If you can prove to me that a engine that displaces 2.0 ltrs and 5.0 ltrs can move the same amount of air in the same conditions, air going through the heads, same type of forced induction, then you have done something no other can. They are air pumps. Bigger is better, PERIOD, for making high hp and tq. If you can prove that lower displacement is a better idea than using larger displacement for the sole reason of making more hp and tq, I'd love to hear it Mr. I worship the fastest GSX in the country. There is a reason this is called a rant. I was at work, bored, and thinking about some ricer people. Did anything in my rant say anything about a V8 being God's gift? I was actually arguing the opposite. Wait, what kind of car do you drive. Oh yeah, a mustang. Real supportor of 4 cylinders there.


Sounds like you're butthurt caused I pissed on your almight 4G63 .
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: JDM rant.

Mostly the rant was about JDM ricer EMO kids who have no perception of what is fast and are in it just because it's "JDM."
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: JDM rant.

the key to imports is weight, they are light and so it takes less hp/tq to go faster. If the mustang was 2500 lbs imagine lol... but it would not have been very popular cuz it would have been far to small... double edged sword.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:03 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
BWWWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.... You couldn't be further from the truth. Actually, I do know how boost and forced induction works. If you can prove to me that a engine that displaces 2.0 ltrs and 5.0 ltrs can move the same amount of air in the same conditions, air going through the heads, same type of forced induction, then you have done something no other can. They are air pumps. Bigger is better, PERIOD, for making high hp and tq. If you can prove that lower displacement is a better idea than using larger displacement for the sole reason of making more hp and tq, I'd love to hear it Mr. I worship the fastest GSX in the country. There is a reason this is called a rant. I was at work, bored, and thinking about some ricer people. Did anything in my rant say anything about a V8 being God's gift? I was actually arguing the opposite. Wait, what kind of car do you drive. Oh yeah, a mustang. Real supportor of 4 cylinders there.

Sounds like you're butthurt caused I pissed on your almight 4G63 .
please, ive been around more hopped up 4g63's than mustangs, each, including mine, would make short work of anything you could bring to the table. the fact that i dont drive one anymore was purely because mine was fwd, and it was gonna be very uncomfortable to take on a 8 hour drive to san diego, where my girl was moving to at the time, so i got something nice and decently fast, that i could sit in for long periods. this fact is further compounded by me getting a cobra, since i no longer need to drive to san diego since she moved back, but i didnt want two cars at once and the mustang market sucks *** here, so i sold the cobra after a while and made money off it.

Id get another dsm but the market changed after i sold mine, theyre now holding their value pretty good around here, a 90-94 1g awd is staying at around 3k, and a 95-99 gsx at around 9-10k, and i dont want to take out any more loans, from now on, secondary vehicle purchases will be paid in cash.

but youre obviously wanting to make yet another "i am bullitt and i know more than everyone else in my 5.0" thread, im not gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. its like talking to a brick wall.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #11
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
please, ive been around more hopped up 4g63's than mustangs, each, including mine, would make short work of anything you could bring to the table. the fact that i dont drive one anymore was purely because mine was fwd, and it was gonna be very uncomfortable to take on a 8 hour drive to san diego, where my girl was moving to at the time, so i got something nice and decently fast, that i could sit in for long periods. this fact is further compounded by me getting a cobra, since i no longer need to drive to san diego since she moved back, but i didnt want two cars at once and the mustang market sucks *** here, so i sold the cobra after a while and made money off it.

Id get another dsm but the market changed after i sold mine, theyre now holding their value pretty good around here, a 90-94 1g awd is staying at around 3k, and a 95-99 gsx at around 9-10k, and i dont want to take out any more loans, from now on, secondary vehicle purchases will be paid in cash.

but youre obviously wanting to make yet another "i am bullitt and i know more than everyone else in my 5.0" thread, im not gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. its like talking to a brick wall.
Sucks being on the other end of that brick wall doesn't it...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:12 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

whatever side he isnt on is where ill be.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:21 PM   #13
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy
 
Zim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kansas City
Region: Missouri
Posts: 4,043
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
please, ive been around more hopped up 4g63's than mustangs, each, including mine, would make short work of anything you could bring to the table. the fact that i dont drive one anymore was purely because mine was fwd, and it was gonna be very uncomfortable to take on a 8 hour drive to san diego, where my girl was moving to at the time, so i got something nice and decently fast, that i could sit in for long periods. this fact is further compounded by me getting a cobra, since i no longer need to drive to san diego since she moved back, but i didnt want two cars at once and the mustang market sucks *** here, so i sold the cobra after a while and made money off it.

Id get another dsm but the market changed after i sold mine, theyre now holding their value pretty good around here, a 90-94 1g awd is staying at around 3k, and a 95-99 gsx at around 9-10k, and i dont want to take out any more loans, from now on, secondary vehicle purchases will be paid in cash.

but youre obviously wanting to make yet another "i am bullitt and i know more than everyone else in my 5.0" thread, im not gonna give you the benefit of the doubt. its like talking to a brick wall.
I dont even think you attempted showing how a 2.4L motor could make more than 4.6 or 5.0 or 5.4, or 5.8L motor givin the same FI conditions.
__________________

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:06 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim View Post
I dont even think you attempted showing how a 2.4L motor could make more than 4.6 or 5.0 or 5.4, or 5.8L motor givin the same FI conditions.
thats because it wont. making this exact comparison is RETARDED! under the same exact conditions (that would be next to impossible to create) the larger displacement motor will be more powerful. this is a fact. a 4.6@8psi will make more than a 2.3@8psi. if the VE, cam duration, intake/exhaust flow, etc. of both motors were the same the 4cyl would prolly make exactly 1/2 that of the 8. but what happens when that little 4 can double the boost, run 16psi. now were talking. hes now making about 3/4 the amount of theoretical output as his same displacement bretheren. now add another 8psi, and hes making 1/1 that of his bretheren. BUT; add another 8psi to the 4.6, and the 4.6 is now making 2/1 the output again.

Bullitt makes it seem like no 4cyl can make the amount of powah that a V8 can, and this is untrue.

btw a stock 4g63 from a 90-99 dsm makes 215hp. this is 10hp less than a stock 5.0, and the 5.0 has 2.5 times more displacement. a stock 4g63 from a evo makes what, 275-280 something and runs faster stock quarter times than most the guys on this site.

and 4g63's arent 2.4L motors unless you change the crank/rods to make them as such. then you can only rev to around 6500, whereas a 2.0 can rev to 7500 with upgraded valvesprings, and if you have a turbo that can flow up there, you got something good.

its ok though, if all else fails, you can always say it has crankwalk.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:02 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
thats because it wont. making this exact comparison is RETARDED! under the same exact conditions (that would be next to impossible to create) the larger displacement motor will be more powerful. this is a fact. a 4.6@8psi will make more than a 2.3@8psi. if the VE, cam duration, intake/exhaust flow, etc. of both motors were the same the 4cyl would prolly make exactly 1/2 that of the 8. but what happens when that little 4 can double the boost, run 16psi. now were talking. hes now making about 3/4 the amount of theoretical output as his same displacement bretheren. now add another 8psi, and hes making 1/1 that of his bretheren. BUT; add another 8psi to the 4.6, and the 4.6 is now making 2/1 the output again.

Bullitt makes it seem like no 4cyl can make the amount of powah that a V8 can, and this is untrue.

btw a stock 4g63 from a 90-99 dsm makes 215hp. this is 10hp less than a stock 5.0, and the 5.0 has 2.5 times more displacement. a stock 4g63 from a evo makes what, 275-280 something and runs faster stock quarter times than most the guys on this site.

and 4g63's arent 2.4L motors unless you change the crank/rods to make them as such. then you can only rev to around 6500, whereas a 2.0 can rev to 7500 with upgraded valvesprings, and if you have a turbo that can flow up there, you got something good.

its ok though, if all else fails, you can always say it has crankwalk.
You're full of ****. 4 cylinder forced induction motors are notorious for running ****ty times for their dyno numbers. Why?

Torque.

A wise man once said: "Horsepower wins trophies. Torque wins races."

Learn to look at the area under the curve. Who cares if it can rev to 7500? If it doesn't start making power until 5k, then what's the point?

Congratulations, you have a 2k RPM powerband.

Do you think the 03-04 Cobra is so fast because it makes around 360-370 rwhp stock? No. It's so fast because it makes that power very quickly. Hit the gas at 2500 RPM and you're nearly making full boost.

And who's to say a four cylinder can take more boost? You think just because it has four cylinders less it can suddenly withstand more boost? Nope. A properly built V8 will handle just as much boost as a properly built 4 banger. Yet... YET... It will have more displacement.

There is no replacement for displacement. Learn it. Live it. Get over it.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:50 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
You're full of ****. 4 cylinder forced induction motors are notorious for running ****ty times for their dyno numbers. Why?

Torque.

A wise man once said: "Horsepower wins trophies. Torque wins races."

Learn to look at the area under the curve. Who cares if it can rev to 7500? If it doesn't start making power until 5k, then what's the point?

Congratulations, you have a 2k RPM powerband.
really?

Stock SRT4:



Dyno showing the ricer staged mods:



modded evo



GT30 equipped evo (baseline i assume)



GT30 equipped again (2nd run)



FP35 equipped dsm




dam, the lack of torque is killing me.

tell me again, whats the point of a powerband that stops at 5k if the whole entire race is spent above 3k?

the usefulness of a 2K rpm powerband? i dunno, ask AMS :dunno: they seem to know what works, it seems the only things that get close to the AMS Evo nowadays is turbo busas and the like.

its people like you that made owning a turbo 4 worth it, pull up to the light with two hicks in a fox going "durr durr look its a ecripse!" and then the look on their face after they finally caught back up was priceless. sometimes talking to some people on this forum makes me want to get out of mustangs entirely, the closed-mindedness is absurd, its a wonder were looked down upon as the civics of the domestic community, then i remember not everyone is this retarded.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:53 PM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: JDM rant.

Man...I came in here and thought you were going to rant on JDM the company....not JDM the loser wanna bes.

Anyhow...carry on...this thread should be fun to read when I get bored.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:55 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: JDM rant.

Dude... please.

Look again at the torque curves you just posted. Especially the last two.

It looks like someone is climbing Moung ****ing Everest. Really.

Is it that hard of a concept to understand?

The first couple don't look bad. Why? Because they are near stock cars. They don't make much power anywhere.

Here is what a torque curve should look like:



Once again... I repeat for those who are a little bit slow and/or are named Thomas:

It's the area under the curve...
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:57 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Dude... please.

Look again at the torque curves you just posted. Especially the last two.

It looks like someone is climbing Moung ****ing Everest. Really.

Is it that hard of a concept to understand?

The first couple don't look bad. Why? Because they are near stock cars. They don't make much power anywhere.

Here is what a torque curve should look like:



Once again... I repeat for those who are a little bit slow and/or are named Thomas:

It's the area under the curve...
no, its not, if youre not under the curve during a race, IT WONT CHANGE THE OUTCOME!
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
no, its not, if youre not under the curve during a race, IT WONT CHANGE THE OUTCOME!
Whatever man. Believe whatever makes you wet.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:58 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Dude... please.

Look again at the torque curves you just posted. Especially the last two.

It looks like someone is climbing Moung ****ing Everest. Really.

Is it that hard of a concept to understand?

The first couple don't look bad. Why? Because they are near stock cars. They don't make much power anywhere.

Here is what a torque curve should look like:



Once again... I repeat for those who are a little bit slow and/or are named Thomas:

It's the area under the curve...
no, its not, if youre not under the curve during a race, IT WONT CHANGE THE OUTCOME!

like it matters, most the stock cars posted run faster quarter times than you do anyways.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #22
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: JDM rant.

:pop:
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
no, its not, if youre not under the curve during a race, IT WONT CHANGE THE OUTCOME!

like it matters, most the stock cars posted run faster quarter times than you do anyways.
Sure buddy. Wanna run 'em some time?

Oh, I forgot. You couldn't afford the Cobra.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:01 AM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Sure buddy. Wanna run 'em some time?

Oh, I forgot. You couldn't afford the Cobra.
:box:

:pop:
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:07 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 350
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
I hate 4 bangers. I don't have problem saying it. I don't give a **** how fast it is , it is still a 4 banger. Being the fastest 4 banger is like being the smartest kid with down syndrome
There was another one something like Owning a 9 second import is like coming out of the closet at first everyone is suprised but in the end you are still gay.It went something like that
1996stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:14 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Oh, I forgot. You couldn't afford the Cobra.
yeah, you pay upwards of 1000$ a month for two cars, see how long you last. plus, i made money off the cobra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Sure buddy. Wanna run 'em some time?
sure. lets see:

06 GT - Check, taken out many a 05 already with the GT, poses little threat.

1990 fox 5.0 - Check, just a 5.0, my powerband doesnt end at 4500rpm.

1989 fox 4cyl - umm yeah, i think i got that covered. maybe i can limit myself to 2k to give you an equal torque advantage :dunno:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996stang View Post
There was another one something like Owning a 9 second import is like coming out of the closet at first everyone is suprised but in the end you are still gay.It went something like that
thats called ignorance. its what V8 heads say to make themselves feel better when a measly 4cyl makes more power than them. perfectly natural response when the predator becomes the prey.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:21 AM   #27
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: JDM rant.

haha i read thomas's posts and all I hear is blah blah im a ricer in denial, blah blah

I love this ****. So much fun to read.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:28 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
haha i read thomas's posts and all I hear is blah blah im a ricer in denial, blah blah

I love this ****. So much fun to read.
yes im a ricer. youre a lesbian in a gay yellow cheep.

i was tuning these cars and making buddies run mid 12's when you were buying big ugly. i was ending the night of every "V8 head" i came across with that little GST every time i went out, if i didnt win it was enough for them to come back and say "holy ****, what the hell does that thing have?" i dont need dyno numbers or cylinder counts to feel good about myself.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:32 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 350
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post



thats called ignorance. its what V8 heads say to make themselves feel better when a measly 4cyl makes more power than them. perfectly natural response when the predator becomes the prey.
well i know im on the other side of the country but my little ole 4.6 is ready for any four banger you can throw at it
1996stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:54 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996stang View Post
well i know im on the other side of the country but my little ole 4.6 is ready for any four banger you can throw at it


i see a cai, plug wires and painted valve covers, which leads me to belive the vc's were off, which means possible pi swap. even if its a pi swap and you had some 4.1's, it *might* be a match for a stock 95-99 thats sadly still on the stock t25. My belated Evo16g equipped and tuned setup would honestly keep with my Cobra up to 150ish where the cobras 6spd and gearing would take the lead and just keep walking away and the gst would run out of rpm/gear (theoretical top speed at 7000rpm is 163mph on a fwd, on freeway pulls its not advised to stay above 6500rpm for long, and limit yourself to 6800 in 4th and 5th).

and thats just what was on mine. ive tuned 50trims to 2.4l strokers with 60trims and sneaky petes. it gets really fun when you change the entire powerband of the engine with the 2.4l stroker and you get to remap the entire VE curve to account for the change of displacement.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:58 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 350
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang
Re: JDM rant.

"gone but not forgotten damn drunks!" that means it is gone and the fact under my username it says 1996 mustang gt.That was a 98 gt pi swapped,bolt ons and gears nothing special just a daily driver.which my 96 is a daily driver too.But it is alot more than just a bolt on pi swap car.
1996stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:03 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

i figured your 98 was newer to you since your last actvity in the ME Garage was september of 06 and the 96's was may of 06. besides, its not often brent changes usernames when you get new cars. it wasnt until a good 1.5 years after i got the GT and then got the cobra was my "EclipseGSTdude" title simplified into the one you see today.

btw, nothing says "Gone but not forgotten, Dam Drunks" your username is 1996stang and your CT says Deftones>life. nothing tells me you had the 98 and now have the 96, im left to the garage page to deduce that since the 98's page was last used and loaded, its the newer vehicle, and brent hasnt changed his SN.

whats the 96 have then?
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:09 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 350
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang
Re: JDM rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
i figured your 98 was newer to you since your last actvity in the ME Garage was september of 06 and the 96's was may of 06. besides, its not often brent changes usernames when you get new cars. it wasnt until a good 1.5 years after i got the GT and then got the cobra was my "EclipseGSTdude" title simplified into the one you see today.

whats the 96 have then?
nope i bought the 96 a little over a year ago and the 98 this past year it didnt last long had a string of bad luck lol but the 96 has bolt ons and some spray not much though and yes i have internal work done.... cobra crank,
dss forged H-beams,arp hardware,pistons consist of dss pro x series.Doing head work next still unsure as to what most likely patriots still undecided.
Im shooting for 500hp on spray
1996stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:16 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: JDM rant.

ouch, you know a 4g63 can handle that amount of power without being touched from the oil pan to the valve covers.........

how much did all that cost?
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:19 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 350
Send a message via MSN to 1996stang Send a message via Yahoo to 1996stang
Re: JDM rant.

I would have too look at the receipts for a exact amount of all of it but around 3500 for all the work i have done so far the heads are the biggest set back *no discount* and thats for parts labor is free my tuner helps me do anything critical.
1996stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My I want a GT rant rocknbronco The Bar 26 05-24-2007 09:55 AM
*rant* Mach1Blondie The Bar 11 09-19-2004 10:02 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



03:58 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.