The official WTF News Thread - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Re: The official WTF News Thread

From Donuts to getting shot dead

Quote:
Apr 29, 2007 - A Marshall County Deputy today shot and killed a Lacon man during an emergency call. Police say Deputy Wayne Strawn and a Lacon Police Officer responded to a situation involving Scott Sheets Junior earlier today.

Illinois State Trooper Tony Halsey says the officers arrived on scene at Illinois Route 26 North near Marshall County Road 500 North around 1:30 Sunday afternoon.

The officers found the 23-year-old man in his truck driving in circles in a field.

Trooper Halsey says the officers eventually surrounded him and got Sheets to stop driving, that's when Sheets got out of his car and the situation escalated.

"Marshall County Sheriff's Deputy along with a Lacon city police officer were dispatched to handle a case of a suicidal subject. In the process, when they arrived on scene the subject was armed with a knife during which time thereafter the situation - the suspect, Scott Sheets was fatally shot by a Marshall County Deputy," Halsey says.

Richard Weers is the Lacon Police Officer who was at the scene.

The Illinois State Police is investigating the shooting.

An autopsy is scheduled for Monday morning.
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #107
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

thats not wtf news at all...if the guy was armed and posed a threat to the officers, they had every right to use deadly force.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:48 PM   #108
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

he brought a knife to a gun fight, Darwin states they were correct. However, they have a taser.. as well as pepper spray. I don't think "deadly force" was required.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

ah but it doesn't say whether he attempted harm with said knife to one of the cops. where's the link to the full story so we can see the rest of what happened?

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 01:07 PM   #110
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
he brought a knife to a gun fight, Darwin states they were correct. However, they have a taser.. as well as pepper spray. I don't think "deadly force" was required.
I say it got a bad set of genes out of the gene pool and this policy needs to be implemented in more situations...I say good job guys
Old 04-30-2007, 01:12 PM   #111
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

you don't know the entire story. if you had a gun, and a guy came after u with a knife, i bet u would shoot him too.

Modified 2004 V6
Old 04-30-2007, 01:15 PM   #112
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
you don't know the entire story. if you had a gun, and a guy came after u with a knife, i bet u would shoot him too.
I would have shot once he refused an order...which is why I am not a cop. My policy would be, obey my orders or I shoot. Run, you die...I don't do that running ****. Resist...you die...
Old 04-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #113
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick View Post
yes... but not to kill. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot him. And I would shoot him to the point where his life was potentially at risk... but I'd see how he reacted to that before just offing the guy. If he's still irrate and still coming, then drop him.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 04-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

that's why i'm not a cop either. in a hostage situation, shoot the hostage in the leg and it would freak the hostage taker out long enough to shot him too.

I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #115
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
yes... but not to kill. I wouldn't hesitate to shoot him. And I would shoot him to the point where his life was potentially at risk... but I'd see how he reacted to that before just offing the guy. If he's still irrate and still coming, then drop him.
Shoot to kill or don't shoot at all. If you don't kill them, then you will go to prison just like the border guards did when they shot the drug runner in the *** in texas. They are now server 11 and 12 years for attempted murder on an illegal alien trying to smuggle drugs into the country...where in fact they also found the drugs.

Yeah, shoot to kill or don't shoot at all.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #116
Legacy Member
Legacy

also in a situation like that, think about it, if the guy is gonna come after the cops with a knife and threaten the cop's life, if that guy gets away, hes gonna have total disregard for civilians. by shooting to kill, u can in actuality prevent more deaths that my result from that situation.

Modified 2004 V6
Old 04-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #117
Legacy Member
Legacy

I suppose it depends how much of a ****** I thought he was... there's nothing worse than a huge ****** bag

Old 04-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

lets see we have a slew of cops and one guy with a knife with enough distance between them. hmmm last I knew that isnt a killable offense maybe enough to take him down to the ground was all that is needed. Death def didnt need to take place the dude was doing donuts in a grass field come on now
Old 04-30-2007, 02:32 PM   #119
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

If he was dumb enough to get out of the vehicle and make any kind of gesture, suggestive motion, or verbal threat to the cops relating to the knife...they he was a prime candidate for gene pool removal.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:34 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
If he was dumb enough to get out of the vehicle and make any kind of gesture, suggestive motion, or verbal threat to the cops relating to the knife...they he was a prime candidate for gene pool removal.
meh totally disagree on how they handled it. They have less lethal procedures for a reason. Theres no excuse AT ALL
Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #121
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post
meh totally disagree on how they handled it. They have less lethal procedures for a reason. Theres no excuse AT ALL
Those less lethal procedures are what is wrong with society as it is today. Add some consequence to your actions and people might think a little before being stupid....
Old 04-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Those less lethal procedures are what is wrong with society as it is today. Add some consequence to your actions and people might think a little before being stupid....
times are changing and teh less lethal approach is part of that. not everyone deserves to die for pity things. The real killers out there deserve this punishment. not some small time offense bull**** like this.

But thats just me. then again in my area you hear in teh news all the time how cops shoot to kill and when they look to see what he was reaching for it was either a wallet/grinder (hoagie whatever you peeps wanna call it) now is that worthy of killing.

I dont think so.

but oh well dude is dead now you'd think theyd learn from these type of actions
Old 04-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #123
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

^^ That's my point...no one has the fear of death when they break the law anymore. Start knocking people off for running, brandishing a weapon, etc, and there will be less occurrences due to there being consequences or from a simple lack of people due to previous take outs.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:03 PM   #124
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

This should be highly effective...

FOXNews.com - Detroit NAACP to Hold Symbolic Funeral for 'N' Word - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News
Old 04-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
^^ That's my point...no one has the fear of death when they break the law anymore. Start knocking people off for running, brandishing a weapon, etc, and there will be less occurrences due to there being consequences or from a simple lack of people due to previous take outs.
I honestly dont see ANYTHING changing by it cause if it would have things would have changed long ago (rodney King Beating/ guy in NY getting shot over 40 times etc etc etc)
Old 04-30-2007, 03:30 PM   #126
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
I honestly dont see ANYTHING changing by it cause if it would have things would have changed long ago (rodney King Beating/ guy in NY getting shot over 40 times etc etc etc)
The cops got into more trouble than the bad guys...those are poor examples.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:53 PM   #127
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The cops got into more trouble than the bad guys...those are poor examples.
office duty wwwooo so much trouble there they didnt go to jail they just got thrown into doing office duties.

Another would by the guy that got gunned down the day before his wedding over just on speculation ontop of firing over 50 rounds which included reloading thats just out of control and stupid in my opinion. You dont need to shoot over 40+ rounds to make a point.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:00 PM   #128
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
office duty wwwooo so much trouble there they didnt go to jail they just got thrown into doing office duties.

Another would by the guy that got gunned down the day before his wedding over just on speculation ontop of firing over 50 rounds which included reloading thats just out of control and stupid in my opinion. You dont need to shoot over 40+ rounds to make a point.
You do if you are a bad shot.

But, the point is, the bad guy didn't get blamed for anything in your previous examples. All that was talked about was the fact that the cops shot. The cops were covered...no one of importance backed them up. Just like border patrol.

Oh well though...I am not compassionate so you and I will never meet on this issue either.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:33 PM   #129
Registered Member
Regular

:approve:
Old 04-30-2007, 05:10 PM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Drunk groom's brother takes his place - Peculiar Postings - MSNBC.com

Quote:
PATNA, India - Villagers at a wedding in eastern India decided the groom had arrived too drunk to get married, and so the bride married the groom's more sober brother instead, police said Monday.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:50 PM   #131
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
You do if you are a bad shot.

But, the point is, the bad guy didn't get blamed for anything in your previous examples. All that was talked about was the fact that the cops shot. The cops were covered...no one of importance backed them up. Just like border patrol.

Oh well though...I am not compassionate so you and I will never meet on this issue either.
i completely agree with you

but here is what i am saying.

if someone is brazen enough to threaten a cop, then they are more than willing to hurt someone else. when you shoot, u shoot to kill, and if u are in that situation, there is a reason that you pulled your trigger--no one is going to pull it unless it is absolutely necessary.

Modified 2004 V6
Old 04-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #132
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Now that is hilarious

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #133
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Does anyone else see this as the perfect opportunity to roll up with some buses, semis,etc and just do some cattle herding? With all the buildings...you could pen them in nicely and funnel them right into the trailers.

FOXNews.com - Immigration Protests Planned Across U.S. to Spur Congress to Pass Reform Bill - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
Old 05-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #134
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Does anyone else see this as the perfect opportunity to roll up with some buses, semis,etc and just do some cattle herding? With all the buildings...you could pen them in nicely and funnel them right into the trailers.

FOXNews.com - Immigration Protests Planned Across U.S. to Spur Congress to Pass Reform Bill - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum
I'll help drive

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 12:46 PM   #135
Registered Member
Regular

thats just seriously too funny
Old 05-01-2007, 01:06 PM   #136
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A 2 month old Chinese baby boy identified by the name "Jie Jie" was born with an unusual well-formed third arm. Both the two left arm are not fully functional and the baby cried when either of the left arms was touched. The boy also was born with just one kidney. Doctors in Shanghai are considering surgery for the little boy..

Baby Born With Third Arm - Local News Story - WKMG Orlando
Old 05-01-2007, 02:23 PM   #137
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

FOXNews.com - Natural Viagra: Brazilian Spider Bite Causes Hours-Long Erection - Science News | Current Articles
Old 05-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #138
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
New York City Educator Gets 'F' in English After Poorly Written Note is Sent to Parents
Thursday, May 03, 2007

A New York City educator is in hot water after sending out a scathing note to parents riddled with spelling and grammatical errors.

Michael Levy, a health academy dean at Markham Intermediate School in Staten Island, N.Y., sent home the letter to around 100 eighth graders on Monday after a rowdy food fight in the cafeteria, the Staten Island Advance reported.

In the letter, Levy used "unexcecpable" for "unacceptable," "activates" for "activities" and "caferteria" for "cafeteria."

The letter was also filled with contradictions. Levy wrote that the students would be collectively punished and prohibited from attending the prom and the year-end class trip, according to the Advance. He then wrote that the students' punishments would be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

The note also promised to bar students from the prom if the letter was not signed by parents and returned to the school.

The school's principal, Emma Della Rocca, said the letter was unauthorized and that Levy would be evaluated at a conference on Friday. But parents are still scratching their heads over the error-filled note.

"I'd be worried that somebody was educating my son that doesn't know how to spell," Lucy Farfan-Narcisse, a parent whose child attends the school, told WCBS-TV. "That would be a great concern."

Old 05-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #139
Registered Member
Regular

i had an english teacher my junior year in HS that i called a ****ing ***** in front of the class because she failed my research paper for failure to produce a work cited page. so when she sent me to the principal with a discipline notice, she wrote, and i quote, "Roman is being sent to your office because he called me a f_ _ _ _ _ing b_ _ _ _ in front of the class. when my principle asked me if this was true, i told him yes. but i asked him if he was at all concerned with the fact that one of his english teachers put too many blanks in between the f and the i in ****ing. he told me he thought that maybe he should be. we both laughed and then he told me that i had one day of saturday detention. normally the punishment for that was in school suspension for at least two days. but i guess since i picked out her grammatical error, he let me off easy.

Old 05-03-2007, 03:55 PM   #140
Registered Member
Regular

@ 10 day suspension thats funny right there in my HS it was just pretty common for someone to cuss out a teacher, most you get was like a detention if that. Then again teachers in my HS were afraid of the students (believe me got suspended for a 10 days for a teacher I never had in my life before saying I grabbed him and threw him up against a wall, even though I had more then 15 witnesses saying I never even walked by him)

Ah memories

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar