True he's going to be loyal to his sponsors, but I can also see why he's thinking that way though:
- He's been close to the head of the pack or leading in every race this season so far
- He's currently #1 in the points standings
- 3-for-3 in top 5 finishes so far
- Is consistently averaging higher in finishing positions this year than he's averaged over any other year of his career since 1981
- Came within a hair of winning Daytona for the first time in his career (I still think he was ripped off though - it should've been red flagged)
- And after only 3 races, has already won close to 1/3 of what he did last year over 36 races ($4,282,550).
After racing for Ford/Roush for how many years, despite having some good success over that time, never once has he consistently been able to challenge for the lead in each and every race.
.... and to be honest, while Ford did win in California
a couple weeks ago, they didn't exactly have a great showing in Vegas yesterday.