Has Gas Gone Up in Your Area? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus
Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Has Gas Gone Up in Your Area?

Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
but what if its not? i havent seen any proof either way.

IMO america needs to get off their *** and start drilling up in the ANWR, i mean hell, we can put that to use without even harming the ecosystem, i dont see what the problem is. couple that with the oil still fresh in the gulf and we can get off foreign dependency for oil, and stick it to them.
America is holding onto its oil for now, sure ... we have to suck it up and pay higher prices BUT they will run out... and when they do who will they turn to and you best bet the price will be MASSIVE. We are sucking up all of their resources now and keeping our reserves in place.

Its still to high... you cant tell me the prices need to be as high as they are with oil companies making the profits they are... but its supply vs demand... if you can sell it for 100,000,000,000 bucks or 10 bucks which would you choose?

2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Region: California

That's what I was thinking of Spector.

We gotta suck it up, and when they run out of oil, guess who will have it all? Those idiots don't quite understand.

And when they are running low and producing very little left while charging an ugly price per gallon, the US will skip along and sell theres and the economy will sky rocket.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

yeah, but they dont use even a quarter as much oil as we do, so thats a strange way to look at things. sure you can sell it for 100$ a barrel but youre only going to be selling about half the amount of production, as the US will use the other half, whereas they are selling 90% of their production for 50$ a barrel since they barely need any.

btw thats IF they do run out, basing an entire argument on an assumption thats not proven either way. I believe its a renewable resource, i mean, the earth creates it, i highly doubt in the 100 or such years weve been drilling it were even close to tapping it dry.

IMO we should start getting the ANWR now while there is still an america worth getting oil for. besides, it will take years for it to effect prices and get the whole operation consistent (seeing how good we are at keeping our refineries even running) and get a good supply, and within that time we should also be looking for alternate sources.

but thats just me, id just as soon take over any oil producing country for the betterment of my country.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #39
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

We can drill all we want anywhere we want...but it won't affect the prices because the refineries can barely keep up with productions now. Big oil needs to make more refineries to keep up with demand...which will require the tree huggers to STFU and let them build the damn refineries...and the gov't to STFU on all the retarded levels of documentation/process that are needed for a refinery to be built. sure, keep most of it, but don't make it such a PITA to build one.

Until refineries are built, no amount of oil is going to bring the price down to where it really should be...and big oil is making too much money to worry about spending a ton on building a refinery or two.
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Went up to 2.42 for 87 here. Luckily the truck beats the car in town by a few mpg. Highway mileage sucks though...15 on the highway, 4wd ftl lol
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:25 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

it is renewable... but the renewal process is very long. That's how you can run out. It takes millions of years, under average conditions to make oil. Plus, in 2002, the US used 187 BILLION gallons of gas JUST for automobiles. I'm not sure how much gas comes from a barrel of crude oil... but that's a **** ton of gas... and those staggering numbers is how we can run out.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:33 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Or maybe it is the fact that the price of oil is all based on speculation...where if the butterflies return a day late, the price per barrel has to jump $2....or if we move the clocks ahead and hour, the price has to go up because people MIGHT drive more...because we all know cars don't have headlights, so we will all want to squeeze in an extra hour of driving 3 weeks early...so I would expect it to bottom out when we fall back an hour...oh wait, then we might use that extra hour in the morning instead of at night...****, better jump the price again in the fall.

Or, that the gov't has made it so damn hard to build new, more efficient, refineries that the market can hardly keep up with demand.

The whole depleting resource is true, but, no one knows how much is left or how long we have...so it is back to the whole speculation thing again.
Speculation describes the small fluctations, although they don't seem quite so small when you're standing at the pump. The steady trend of increase however, has absolutely nothing to do with speculation.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #43
Registered Member
Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to RySko

Ima get a horse and a wagon with 30" rims, *****es.
-Ryan Sko
RySko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 10:13 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

2004 redfire 4.6L GT / 1994 rio red v6 vert / 1990 7UP LX vert

Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation