Can't believe what i saw on the news! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2007, 12:43 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Can't believe what i saw on the news!

yeah thatll work, and then 20 years later when their regime sucks at running the country, well go in and kick them out too, and do this all over again.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2007, 12:45 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
well they were pissed. they like to live in their own ****. wouldn't you be pissed if some infidels came in and took away your toilet? now imagine being them and having someone coming and installing a toilet. wouldn't you be pissed?

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #38
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
If we did what they did we would be seen as horrible people even by those that do it themselves.

I'm ok with that...I won't lose any sleep over it.
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2007, 01:34 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to ChickStang02

I've read these post over twice. I'm really unsure how to respond. These ppl will not change their way of thinking if we break them, they will secretly still try to hurt us and ours only with more hatred for us. Just as you've all pointed out over and over, the kids r taught to hate us, it's a cycle. They r not at fault for there upbringing. I very much support our military. They are so coragous, that small percent of us americans that are there now have more heart than any of us watching from the t.v. . Over and over again we get reports that they themselves don't agree with the reasons we are there. But they are still doing what they think have to be done for us to sit here on our but at a computer and give our honest opinion WITHOUT the the threat of being thrown in jail. I can't say that reading your post didnt upset me, because it truely did. There just seems to be so much hatred for those ppl in Iraq, when in reality, there are everyday ppl that live there, have have nothing to do w/this war, that are trying to go about their everyday lives. Not all of the millions of ppl i that country are terrorist. They are just trying to live, and keep their families happy and healthy. Those are the same ppl we are fighting FOR, the same ppl that Saddam was blowing up, burning and assasinating by the thousands. I respect your thoughts and ideas on the matter, you have every right to them, i just don't agree. And the Democrat/Republican blame game, finger pointing is getting ridiculous, not one group is responsible for our position, they all have their piece of the pie.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:42 PM   #40
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickStang02 View Post
These ppl will not change their way of thinking if we break them, they will secretly still try to hurt us and ours only with more hatred for us.
If they are dead, they can't secretly do anything. Eventually, all the bad apples would be dead....either all the insurgents are dead, or every person in the country is dead. Eventually, you will rid the area of bad apples.

And, I don't have hatred for iraqis. I have hatred for anyone, from any country, that thinks the proper form of warfare is to attack innocent people rather than stand up and fight like a man. The germans stood up and fought, the japanese stood up and fought. I can respect them for that. Sure, they were in the wrong, but at least they had the testicular fortitude to stand up and fight. The vietnamese, they fought but also used lame tactics. The insurgents use lame tactics. Those, I have no respect for. None. Nathan. Nadda. I would feel no guilt for dropping a couple of nukes in the area...sometimes, it takes serious actions to bring something to an end. Just ask Japan. They will agree.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:06 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Saddam was a bad guy !!!! But he knew what would happen if the Iraqi people were not treated harsh. He kept the people in line and looks what happening now.The US is caught up in a religious civil war and in that situation there are no innocent women and children everyone is fighting and killing each other in the name of the allah
The insurgents are using whatever means then can and that includes using women and children. We should use are most advanced weapon system and send in the best troops we have and roll right through that **** hole of a counrty :ar15:

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

I do understand what Jayme is saying about the "normal" people in Iraq. I think she overestimates the number of normal people though, but they do exist.

It is harsh to call them this but "colateral damage" is a part of war. Colateral damage has often turned uprisings into full out war itself. Colateral damage existed in the World Wars and no one said well we should pull out of Japan because of the deaths of the "innocent" and if they did say it, no one listened. The deaths of inncoents IS war. There is no way around it. What is still the greatest example of colateral damage to date also happens to be the greatest reason for it to date: Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It is very sad that so many had to die to make Japan stop it's crazed rampage. Sure, in time we could have probably beaten them down and made them surrender without the bombs, but how many more lives would it have cost us AND them in the ensuing years? Many more. It would have eventually gotten to where we were fighting in the streets and in the alleys just like we are in Iraq now.

But now with news coverage at it's peak and with a public that gets armed with more and more information daily then the public did in the 1940's in a decade, we now think we should have a "ethical responsibility". I put that in quotation marks only because the common belief for a ethical responsibility is skewed. It is skewed to where we owe it to the innocents to be careful and fight man to man. This is NOT how you end a war quickly with the least casualties. This kind of fighting results in years of conflict. Like the others are saying, the best thing to preserve our lives and later lives would probably have just been the make the landscape nice and level.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickStang02 View Post
they all have their piece of the pie.
only if its poontang pie
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:15 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi

Nuke 'em till they glow and shoot them in the ****ing dark. (My wife read that some where and I can't recall)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar