Was wondering.... - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Was wondering....

Chickstang, not arguing your points/beliefs/etc --> but please don't condemn other members to hell -- Anyone other than bbunt and you might hurt their feelings
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-25-2007, 11:47 AM   #37
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan View Post
Chickstang, not arguing your points/beliefs/etc --> but please don't condemn other members to hell -- Anyone other than bbunt and you might hurt their feelings
That is my point about holy rollers...religion says love everyone as we are all God's children. However, holy rollers always damn people or say that they are lower then them because of whatever reason. It is why they are the biggest hypocrites ever.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:47 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickStang02 View Post
To hell w/you then bbunt, literallly. I feel sorry for you. It's rather sad. Whether you believe in God or not, he believes in you. And will until you dying day. Hoping that you will turn to him, hoping that you will believe, so you can be saved and be w/those before and those that are to come that you love so much.*shrugs* to each their own I guess, but you say "get over yourself, what makes you so important?" At least I think everyone has a right to their belief, whether I think it's ridiculous or not. You and your random spouting and finger pointing with nothing whatsoever to back it up, trying to put your drug induced idea's above everyone else's, well you......sound moronic. Do I want you to be saved, do I want you to join me and millions others in the hereafter? Yes, everyone has something to offer, and I'm sure your a wonderful person when you stop judging, and could bring much to the table. Am I going to be heart broke if you burn in hell? Nope, because you had a choice, we all do, and you made the wrong one.
So I'm the judge?

I'm not the one who tells people they are going to burn for all eternity just because they believe in something different than me.

If this God you believe in is going to send me to "hell" just because I chose not to believe in him based off logic and reason, irregardless of how I lived the rest of my life... guess what? I don't want to spend eternity worshipping a God like that. To me, there is nothing to worship there. I feel no need whatsoever to worship the heartless, merciless God of the Christian faith. I don't care if he did create me. If your parents were cold, heartless killers who had murdered hundreds of people, would you want to eat Thanksgiving dinner with them every damn year? I would hope not.

As far as moronic goes... Well, I'm not even going to go there.

I'm not going to insult you, because I'm sure you're a great person too. I just don't agree with what you believe in.

The difference is this: Despite the fact that we have conflicting beliefs, I don't think you are going to suffer any type of eternal damnation. You can sleep soundly now.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-25-2007, 01:20 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: Was wondering....

B seriously that was pretty deep man and very well said :approve:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
That is my point about holy rollers...religion says love everyone as we are all God's children. However, holy rollers always damn people or say that they are lower then them because of whatever reason. It is why they are the biggest hypocrites ever.
Amen
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Was wondering....

Ya'll Atheist are really smug, and you think your so smart, and that anyone that believes in a God is somekind of dumb *** or something. I've oftened joked that Hybrid owners are the smuggiest people on earth because I saw it on South Park, but no Atheist are. Its reasons like this that I use to hate chilling with white people that ride skateboards and listened to that gay *** rock and roll crap. You say Christian get their answers from some ancient book, well ya'll get these some some guy named Charles Darwin, or a science book.

And who says that Christains respect other religion. (the president maybe) Well thats because he has to appease everyones religion in the nation and around the word. I have already stated that I am not a Christian and that if I died today I would probably go to hell, but I do believe in God and think that it is good for people to follow him.

Now if ya'll want to be Atheist, or Muslims, or Buddist, or whatever else I really don't care. It doesnt mean that I don't like someone because they don't believe in the Christian religion. I'm sure ya'll get tired of Christians preaching that if ya'll don't becomed saved ya'll will go to hell, just like Christians get tired of the smug "were smarter than you" attitude that Atheist like to carry around. This is why I tell people that I don't like to talk religion and politics with people because if someone doesn't agree with you their probably going to get affended and it will more than likely turn into a pissing match.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:05 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
ChickStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to ChickStang02
Re: Was wondering....

SERIOUSLY!

He says what he say's that I'm condemed to death, because of my christanity, that he IS God, blah on and on. And I state WHAT my belief intales will happen to him for thinking that way, NOT WHAT I want to happen to him. You knew when you read this thread it would not be pretty. It doesn't matter what I post on here, very few ppl have sided w/me and I'm ok w/that. BUT if I'm going to be gangbanged for everything I post BECAUSE i'm a woman, and don't follow the majority then I won't post. Just reading so many of your post is so interesting to me. I really enjoy getting an insight on how others live and their opinion. It's what bored moms do when their kids finally go to sleep! So yea..
__________________
Jayme
ChickStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:08 PM   #42
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
He says what he say's that I'm condemed to death, because of my christanity, that he IS God, blah on and on.
Please point out where he condemned you to death. No where did he says he was the god and he was over everyone. He said that we are all God and we only control ourselves.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:27 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
ChickStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to ChickStang02
Re: Was wondering....

"Religion is death."

"I don't believe in God. Why? Because I am God."


"So basically, get over yourself. Get over your beliefs."



"Stop looking for more. You aren't that important. Get over yourself. Have I said that already?"



And these statements aren't anymore argumentitive or destructive than anything I said? Right
__________________
Jayme
ChickStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Was wondering....

Somebody pass me a blizzy that I can smoke to da hizzy.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:50 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Was wondering....

oh **** here we go..............
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:03 AM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Was wondering....

I'm not going to reply to what has been being posted earlier because that is not what this thread was intended to be.

This is my belief, after a lot of searching, a lot of thinking, a lot of looking, and abandoning a lot of things I was told, and re-embracing some of the things I had been told.

I believe in God, absolutely. I cannot look at the things around me and think this was not made by "someone". It is incredible to me that what exists does, and I just find it impossible to believe it just happened. That things in this universe exist that are so large, that were we to see them in person, it would be almost unfathomable. Yet these giants are still bound by the same rules, operate in the same way, and even look the same as the most basic elements of nature such as atoms and molecules. I look at what is to me a miracle - life. No one can explain to me, scientifically, what life is, what self awareness is. Life is what makes us different from the rest of the lumps of molecules around us. Life is something we have not been able to duplicate.

It's not what a religion says, or what a man says, or what a tradition says that makes me believe in God, it's what I see around me.

Religion is corrupt. You don't have to be an atheist or agnostic to see this. Religions HAVE and ARE being used to corrupt the weak minded and fearful like bbunt said. Look at the Roman executions because the Christians were against what religion the Romans believed, but then look at the emperors after Constantine, conquering and killing in the name of God. Look at the Inquistions, look at the Crusades, look at Muslimm Jihads, look at the witch trials, look at current suicide bombings. These and many others have been sparked by "religions". Religion is man's interpretation on how to worship God. Man is corrupt, so why should something that has been invented by man not be corrupt?

My belief: You have to search for yourself what you want to believe. I do believe there is a God, and I do believe there is only one way to Him. But it is not my place to try to ram it down your throat and condemn you if you don't believe the same as me. If you are interested to know what I believe, I will tell you, but I won't go around thinking I have all the answers. All I have is what I believe - believe indicates idea without factual evidence. It is NOT my place to say I am right and you are wrong, all I can do it try to convice. That is all.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 12:38 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
ChickStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to ChickStang02
Re: Was wondering....

Hmm...just goes to show some ppl can truely still surprise you! Some of what you wrote was almost poetic D.S.! I don't mean to ram anything down anyones throat, whatsoever. But don't degrade what I believe because in doesn't follow your own. Thats all I ask.(not directed @ you d.s, or n.e. one in general.) I'm not a holy roller, I usually don't talk about it much, because ppl have come to think it taboo. BUT I won't deny my God, I won't not speak my own opinions. Alot of that goes along w/the the fact that I Believe there is a heaven, and I want to be there. I want to be w/the mother I never knew that died shortly after I was born, I want to look down and watch my children and their children and so on. Heaven isan't a cloud in the sky, It's not a place exactly, if you believe what joseph tells us in the bible. It's just a "is" if you will. Where nobody looks/talks/has anything diff. than anyone else. We are a blink, a sparkle. And there is no pain, and no hurt. I know everyone of us has hurt in one way or another, and if you never have to feel that again wouldn't you want too? I do. So I believe, in hopes that it's not for nothing, what do I have to lose? I'm sorry If i have sounded too forward, that wasen't my cause, I just generally believe in well being and the good in man, we all have the ability to have/do good. I just want to see the best for everyone around me. I guess I'm an optimist =).
__________________
Jayme
ChickStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:24 AM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Was wondering....

Here's a lovely little story:

A young Christian mother had a baby. That day at the hospital for some strange and unknown reason, a group of terrorist broke into the hospital and kidnapped every child born that day. The children were not killed, but instead smuggled back to India. They where raised as devout Hindus. Because they were so young when the kidnap happened, they never really knew the true story of why they grew up in India. No one knew why the terrorists did this, but hey this a ****ing story so get over it.

Back in good ol' America, the mother spent the rest of her life looking for her and child and praying that she would one day see her again.

She died before ever finding her child. Because she had lived her life as a devout Christian, on Judgement Day she was allowed to enter the kingdom of heaven. It was also on Judgement Day that she finally met her daughter. Once again, she had been raised a Hindu, and was a strong practicioner of the faith. She was a good, kind-hearted person. Because she had never been introduced to the story of Jesus Christ, she was sent to burn in hell for all eternity. End of story.

Now just imagine if that was your child.

Praise be unto Him.

As a side note, I never said anyone would cease to exist. Yes, I think we all die. But you've gotta remember that mass and energy can neither be created or destroyed.

As far as being smug, what could possibly be more smug that telling me I'm going to hell because I don't believe what you believe? If using a little bit of reasoning to come up with my own beliefs and encouraging others to do the same makes me smug, then guess what? My farts smell like fresh baked apple pie.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Was wondering....

I guess no one else has anything to add to the discussion?
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:33 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Was wondering....

Your mother? :happy1:
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Was wondering....

Your Granny.

Oops! Pow! Surprise!

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:41 PM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Was wondering....

__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:16 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Was wondering....

I don't discuss these sorts of things.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:42 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
I don't discuss these sorts of things.
x2.

I'm trying to stay out of an argument.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: Was wondering....

My intent was just to see who were christians, not to start an argument. To digress from my original point of this thread and continue the discussion, I will have to say with my encounters with the harder core atheists, almost everytime I was insulted and pretty much called a lemming "following" all the other off the side of the cliff and/or called a brainwashed lamb. Then they went to the scientific aspect about how scientists are now able to assemble random molecules/atoms and whatnot to create some resemblence of life. My point to them was the non-Christian talking to God story about creation. The story (fictional) is to show that even though man can create things that resemble and sometimes is the same thing that God created, man cannot create life or anything for that matter from nothing. Man has to use something that is already in existence.

I respect other peoples beliefs as much as I'd like to witness to them and try to atleast get them to read some of the Bible, not literally though, but to atleast get the general concept of God being our creator and Jesus being his son who died on the cross for our sins. I have never told anyone they are going to hell or are eternally damned, since technically the only way one is damned for certain, is at the point of their death, they have not excepted Jesus as their savior and God as their creator. I do what I can with what God has given me. I try not judge others for different beliefs, for two reasons. 1. What's the point of trying to get someone to respect what you believe if you are too busy cramming what you believe down said person's throat? and 2. Why would I say to someone that I don't respect your beliefs and say that they are condemned to hell when in the bible it is said in several places and in several ways to respect and love your fellow man?

I admit I am not an avid church goer and also admit there is a lot of "cliques" and "in crowds" in church that create the corruptness of religion. But it is also my belief that even though it is corrupted I can still occasionally go to church and enjoy being around other christians and take with a grain of salt the problems within the church(whatever sect you may follow) and accept the fact that the only person on this planet that was perfect was Jesus Christ the Son of God.
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Region: Texas
Posts: 317
Re: Was wondering....

not to add fuel to the fire, but i am a Christian. i do believe in the Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. and i thank Him everyday for giving me one more day to spend with my family. as most of you know, nine months or so ago i lost my father to an infection that could not be explained. so i explained it the best i could in my limited theological education. it was his time. he had completed his work on this earth and the Lord took him home. most people will mourn for years at the loss of a loved one. while it still will bring a tear to my eye when i think about missing him, i was able to let go sooner than most due to my belief that he was no longer in pain. he was now longer limited by his earthbound body. it was my faith, albeit sometimes weak, that got me through. and i have always believed that i would rather believe and be wrong than not believe and be right. there is an old saying, i'd rather walk on water than tap dance on fire. do i damn anyone else because of their beliefs or lack there of? no. judge not lest ye be judged. i am not the judge, jury, nor executioner. so, with this, i say, do not pass judgement on me. you are not my Eternal Savior. only He may pass judgement on my soul.
__________________
~Roman~

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Region: Kansas
Posts: 144
Send a message via AIM to MidnightSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightSpeed
Re: Was wondering....

I can't add anything to the discussion that wouldn't bring a heated argument or some crap so all I'll say is yes I am a Christian.
__________________
MidnightSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:23 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
do i damn anyone else because of their beliefs or lack there of? no. judge not lest ye be judged. i am not the judge, jury, nor executioner. so, with this, i say, do not pass judgement on me. you are not my Eternal Savior. only He may pass judgement on my soul.
My position exactly. Although I am not perfect in my actions.
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 08:25 PM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickStang02 View Post
BUT if I'm going to be gangbanged for everything I post BECAUSE i'm a woman,
Okay, now WHERE have we said this? STEREOTYPING BLOWS, that is all. /leaves thread.
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:24 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Region: Kansas
Posts: 144
Send a message via AIM to MidnightSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightSpeed
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt482 View Post
My position exactly. Although I am not perfect in my actions.
Thankfully no one is perfect
__________________
MidnightSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:01 AM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
x2.

I'm trying to stay out of an argument.
i dont think it should be an argument.

post your belief, exit thread. everyone has their own and thats why we are in america, so we CAN have our own beliefs.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:08 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
i dont think it should be an argument.

post your belief, exit thread. everyone has their own and thats why we are in america, so we CAN have our own beliefs.
Well I don't nessessarily disagree with that, but its still probably going to turn into an argument if people keep replying to others beliefs. Besides I already did post what I believe.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:11 AM   #63
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Was wondering....

I Believe..............


Guns dont kill people, husbands that come home early do!
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:00 AM   #64
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Was wondering....

I believe there's a hero in all of us.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:29 AM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
I believe there's a hero in all of us.
yagt
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Region: Texas
Posts: 317
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Well I don't nessessarily disagree with that, but its still probably going to turn into an argument if people keep replying to others beliefs. Besides I already did post what I believe.
as a Christian, i try to believe in these biblical quotes:

He who is without sin may cast the first stone.

and

Judge not lest ye be judged.

simple and to the point. i'm not trying to push my way of thinking on anyone. that's just how i try to think. It is also my belief that a true Christian will not damn someone for their beliefs. the bible does not quote hellfire and brimstone. it states that as a Christian, we should pray for those who don't know the way to Christ. but no one should be forced. they should want to come on their own. but never should someone be damned for their lack of belief. that is not a decision nor a power that we, as human beings, are empowered with.
__________________
~Roman~

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:33 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
as a Christian, i try to believe in these biblical quotes:

He who is without sin may cast the first stone.

and

Judge not lest ye be judged.

simple and to the point. i'm not trying to push my way of thinking on anyone. that's just how i try to think. It is also my belief that a true Christian will not damn someone for their beliefs. the bible does not quote hellfire and brimstone. it states that as a Christian, we should pray for those who don't know the way to Christ. but no one should be forced. they should want to come on their own. but never should someone be damned for their lack of belief. that is not a decision nor a power that we, as human beings, are empowered with.

The bible also says "Thou salt not commit adultry" or something like that.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Stumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Region: Texas
Posts: 317
Re: Was wondering....

actually that would be the Ten Commandments. and last i checked, flirting was not considered adultry if that was directed at me.
__________________
~Roman~

2003 Mustang V6 Vert with a Flowmaster Super 40 series dual exhaust
I'm not a target in the sights of your mercy. I've never asked for anything. I'm not asking now.
Stumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 03:58 PM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation 20:12-15
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke 19:27
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 10:34-36
Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to turn a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A man's enemies will be the members of his own household
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 3:36
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John 15:6
If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke 14:26
If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple.
I kinda like this one though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuteronomy 22:20
But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
Stupid whores.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 04:15 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: Was wondering....

I'm one of the few christians that do not take it literally, but realize that a lot, if not most accounts in the bible are perceptions and are described by man. The accounts are in my opinion not exact because it cannot be perfect since man is not perfect. The point of the bible, as I have stated, in my opinion, is a guideline to live your life and read the stories to learn lessons of how not to live and how to live life. There are many opinions about the intent of the bible and tons of iterations and translations, but the key points are kept in all of them. One of those opinions is expressed by a Catholic friend of mine of how he explained how he thought that the King David version of the Bible is wrong, because he(my friend) thought that anyone who puts his name on the Bible, is being selfish and wanting self recognition. Again, his opinion and his right as a human being.



Why the stupid whores comment?
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just wondering sikkstang 1979-1995 Mustang GT 4 04-25-2009 11:42 AM
just wondering upton7 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 03-25-2009 11:58 PM
Just Wondering.... bluemustang The Bar 4 10-13-2006 12:40 PM
I was wondering... n8r The Bar 26 09-30-2004 10:19 AM

» Like Us On Facebook



11:59 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.