Was wondering.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:45 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Was wondering....

.... how many people on this site are devout Christians? Now, when I say devout, I don't mean you're at church everytime the doors are open, just someone who considers themselves a Christian and believes that God is their savior. I don't want to start any political/religious debates, but if it happens it happens. I am a Christian and know that I am far from perfect. I drink, I cuss, I smoke occasionally, and I do several other things that are sins, but when I am asked, I say I am. I figure as much as political arguing is on this site, maybe I could bring something less(hopefully) controversial to the table and hopefully something that more people will agree on.
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Aidan_04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 456
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04
Re: Was wondering....

*raises hand*

Baptist here.
__________________
2004 redfire 4.6L GT / 1994 rio red v6 vert / 1990 7UP LX vert

2804
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Was wondering....

Holy ****.

You start a topic on religion because you want to "lighten the mood" from the political discussions?

Worst. Idea. Ever.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Was wondering....

I am. But like bbunt said, it can be a hot issue, unfortunately. But a lot of the ones who make it a big issue haven't been on in a bit. I like to just hear what people say and try to fix some of the misnomers.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:29 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Was wondering....

Methodist... When I'm home I attend church weekly, but it's not as severe as baptists beliefs... meths are more laid back?
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Was wondering....

Actually, I think Independant Baptists and Methodists are about the same. Southern Baptists are a bit more stern, but then more relaxed in others.
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #7
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Was wondering....

I don't go to church. Almost all the church's I have been in put me to sleep and the hypocrisy of everyone in them drives me to insanity. Whether I believe in God is a whole different story then whether I believe in organized religion such as Christianity, Islam etc etc. I don't know if there is a god anymore than someone on this site. Some just have more faith in there being one than me. I figure when I die if there is one he can figure out what to do with me. Until that day I am going to enjoy life and live it as good as I can.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
KyleUSAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Georgia
Posts: 802
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
Re: Was wondering....

i am
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
timpryor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 676
Re: Was wondering....

yes, my one and only savior
__________________
"The LORD shall judge the people:judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me." PSALM 7:8

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:52 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
ChickStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to ChickStang02
Re: Was wondering....

I'm Southern Baptist, yes the "snake handlers". The Bible says "when two or more people speaketh of god he is in your presence". So no you don't have to be a regular church-goer to know god. I am because I like the feel of the congression behind me. Meeting w/others of faith helps me understand the world around me more. Are the ppl that go to church on a regular basis any better than those that don't, No, not by any means. There are those that think the only way to be saved is to be in church faithfully, I'm not one of them. Nobody can judge you for anything you say or do on this earth. That is for God to decide in the afterlife. Me myself, and this is only my opinion, there are groups I don't understand, and think need to be saved even though they think they are the IT of Gods family, and that is the Catholics. I don't believe you can party all night, make decision THINKING "well I'll go make it better tom. I think are hypocrits, not personally, just the faith it's self. I would never "hail mary, and deny Jesus as our savoir" but that is just me. I know this will open a whole can of worms, but again, it's only my opinion. You can't repent what you willing do, just do to it again and think you will be saved.
__________________
Jayme
ChickStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:00 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Was wondering....

Athiest. Nobody controls me but myself, nobody watches me but myself. bottom line is though, everyone needs something to believe in, faith in something is not limited to just a higher power, and thats what makes this country so awesome is we can all believe in different things and it doesnt matter.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:33 AM   #12
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: Was wondering....

I are born again.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:53 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
ChickStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to ChickStang02
Re: Was wondering....

Athiest huh Thomas? What exactly does that mean? I mean to you? I've always wanted to ask that question, but I personally don't know any. I know that it supposed to mean that you believe there is no God. And no hereafter. But I guess the question I really always wanted to ask is, IF there is, and IF, it means it gives you a chance at a after life with all your loved ones, what would it hurt to believe? I'm not whatsoever downing your belief. I've just always wondered.
__________________
Jayme
ChickStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:00 AM   #14
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickStang02 View Post
Athiest huh Thomas? What exactly does that mean? I mean to you? I've always wanted to ask that question, but I personally don't know any. I know that it supposed to mean that you believe there is no God. And no hereafter. But I guess the question I really always wanted to ask is, IF there is, and IF, it means it gives you a chance at a after life with all your loved ones, what would it hurt to believe? I'm not whatsoever downing your belief. I've just always wondered.
I guess that is where I stand. I can't make myself believe in something fully like a supernatural being that determines if we burn in hell or go to heaven based on how much we follow his guidelines throughout life. I always wondered who died and made God God? Sure I take a look at the world and ask myself how could this just happen? I don't believe it just came from nothing either but at the same time I can't believe there is a supernatural being ruling over us.

If that makes sense.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:07 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Kiljosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,282
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Re: Was wondering....

I think the term for my religion is Agnostic?

Basically I am with Brent, havent been to church in like 3 years. I recieved baptism, communion, and confirmation as a christian but am far from sticking to it, mainly did it because my parents said so.

I believe in a god, an afterlife, and a hell; but I also do not believe in having to wake every sunday to go sing songs that do nothing to inspire me to live my life better, donate money to help fund whats basically an accepted cult, and be forced into a category where I can't decide my own opinions about life and death.

If I'm going to live my life it will be on my terms, believing what I want to believe, because the only thing god needs to put you into heaven is the fact that you worshiped him and only him(mono-theism), led a reasonably good life where the most important thing is you are GENUINELY sorry for your sins(you cannot lie to god), and strayed from the devil.

Reincarnation is saved for those who truly did something for the world in their time on earth, that's all this existence is. A test to see which heaven you will get into. Best get to the seventh heaven(full of good people who only want to help make your fantasies a reality) while normal people get the first heaven(where it is not much different than this world).

I love my own beliefs, cause you can't be sent to hell for having a mind of your own. Only if you deny god.
__________________
Kiljosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:09 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickStang02 View Post
Athiest huh Thomas? What exactly does that mean? I mean to you? I've always wanted to ask that question, but I personally don't know any. I know that it supposed to mean that you believe there is no God. And no hereafter. But I guess the question I really always wanted to ask is, IF there is, and IF, it means it gives you a chance at a after life with all your loved ones, what would it hurt to believe? I'm not whatsoever downing your belief. I've just always wondered.
oh i believe in an afterlife, but its more of a existential plane/dimension rather than a heaven/hell. if youve ever been able to have a controlled out-of-body experience (which i guess is against religious people because its said when the soul leaves the body the devil can manifest itself and block its return), youll know what the astral plains looks like. I myself have only done it once a few years back and havent done it since (and no, it cannot be induced by any hallucinogen), not because i dont want to, but because i just have not been able to focus and get it to "work". when i did it i was camping and alone in my tent, and its almost like those dreams where you fall for an instant and snap back to reality and jump in your bed. its been theorized that your soul is connected to your body by a tether, a "Silver Rope" if you will, and that "Snap Back" to reality is your soul jumping back in. but anyways, that was the only place i have been able to have an actual deliberate out of body experience, i think because its so open and peaceful, there are no walls or ceilings to restrict me (just like the movie "Ghost" walking through walls is a hard thing to learn). **** im babbling.

then the scientific part of me tries to find a reason for the above, maybe when the brain senses the end is near, it starts "Decompiling" itself and what youre actually seeing is the brain bringing up old memories or people/faces/places you havent seen/been to in a long time. the light at the end of the tunnel may merely be your brain dying and instead of darkness you usually get when you close your eyes, you get light because your brain detaches itself (not physically) from the eyes and thus you are as if you had no eyes at all. The reason you see black when you close your eyes is because your eyes are still recieving information, but since they are blocked, you get darkness, but if they are totally detached from the brain, the brain sees nothing, which is white=light.

anyways, i believe in ghosts and all that stuff too, i just dont believe in one all-powerful devine entity that controls it all. there are many other dimensions and universes that we are too feeble to be aware of consciously. maybe in one of those universes/plains/dimensions there is something that controls it :dunno:

like i said though, i would never knock anyone on their beliefs unless it was completely unrealistic (like theearthisflat.com guys). i would never be like "haha you believe in god you are an idiot!" cause thats just ****ing wrong, you cant insult someone or look down on them for their beliefs.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:30 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Kiljosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,282
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Re: Was wondering....

Actually man, I read somewhere long ago that the claims of the white light at the end of a tunnel when you die hold some scientific water.

Apparently, when you die, the neurons in your brain can randonly fire for a period of time after death. This action manifests itself in the form of a tunnel with a white light at the end because you are actually seeing your own neurons firing randomly in your own brain when you die.

Its the same thing as seeing stars, those are random neural impulses that the retina picks up and you "see". The tunnel thing happens because of our vision field. The impulses are more easily seen at the center, not at the peripheral vision fields.
__________________
Kiljosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 09:51 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Was wondering....

I dont really understand the whole "cuss words are bad" thing. They are just words... we can use another word that means the same thing...

Take the word **** for example... it was actually derived from S.H.I.T on boats that would stamp fertilizer with it (Ship High In Transit) to keep it from getting wet if it was stored inside of the boat... most bad words come from not bad origions.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:00 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
DarkShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,734
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh View Post
Actually man, I read somewhere long ago that the claims of the white light at the end of a tunnel when you die hold some scientific water.

Apparently, when you die, the neurons in your brain can randonly fire for a period of time after death. This action manifests itself in the form of a tunnel with a white light at the end because you are actually seeing your own neurons firing randomly in your own brain when you die.

Its the same thing as seeing stars, those are random neural impulses that the retina picks up and you "see". The tunnel thing happens because of our vision field. The impulses are more easily seen at the center, not at the peripheral vision fields.
Makes sense to me because your neurons fire based on the catalyst of enzyme reactions. It's like when you push buttons on a battery powered device once you have removed the battery to drain the last bit of power. They will continue for a bit longer just based off the enzymes still in the "circuitry".
__________________
DarkShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:04 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MarkuzLS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,426
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Was wondering....

Athiest.
__________________

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
V6STANG007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,657
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Re: Was wondering....

I'm supposed to be catholic. I stop going to church a very long time ago cuz all they did was ask for money. serously, you go to listen to a nice sermon and maybe get a lesson from god and all you hear is about the 10% your suppsd to be giving to the church.So like two weeks ago,after many years, I decide to go back, and guess what? it hasn't changed. Yeah I was a devout catholic but it was not God that drove me away it was man and his greed.
__________________
Jorge ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:55 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
rydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Virginia
Posts: 521
Send a message via MSN to rydog
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I don't go to church. Almost all the church's I have been in put me to sleep and the hypocrisy of everyone in them drives me to insanity. Whether I believe in God is a whole different story then whether I believe in organized religion such as Christianity, Islam etc etc. I don't know if there is a god anymore than someone on this site. Some just have more faith in there being one than me. I figure when I die if there is one he can figure out what to do with me. Until that day I am going to enjoy life and live it as good as I can.
Thats about the way I feel
__________________

97 V6-GT40 turbo-42#rs-BA2800 MAF-4.10's & tlok-254rwhp-369rwtq
Turbo'd by-TMA Turbo(http://www.tmaturbo.com/)
Tuned by-Dyno Tuned Performance(http://www.dtpracing.com/)
rydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #23
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Was wondering....

I believe in God and all that stuff, however I do not believe in church. I do not need someone talking down to me telling me how terrible I am most of the time and how I should do this and that and the other...no do I need someone telling me I should give x amount of my yearly salary to the church. The church is nothing more than a business.

However, I do believe in everything else...and I don't believe in the who baptist/catholic/etc garbage either. Either you believe in God or you don't, the rest is just a title to make you feel better than someone else.

I do enjoy watching the hypocracy of "devout holy rollers" though...that is some good stuff sometimes.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 03:55 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 1,106
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
I dont really understand the whole "cuss words are bad" thing. They are just words... we can use another word that means the same thing...

Take the word **** for example... it was actually derived from S.H.I.T on boats that would stamp fertilizer with it (Ship High In Transit) to keep it from getting wet if it was stored inside of the boat... most bad words come from not bad origions.
I have to agree, the only actual "cuss" word that I know is in the Bible and is a sin is GD. But that's because it is telling God to dam n someone to hell. I watched something on the History channel a while back about the history of cussing. Yeah, I know I'm smart now because I watched the history channel. Anyways, the cussing is actually wrong because we as a culture say it is. They said something about how the words actually just starting out as Taboo, or something that is not something to be spoken of publically. Weird how we squeezed that into "sinning."


Anyways, nice to see that we as Americans and members of this site can recognize that people have other beliefs and respect them. :patriot: :patriot:


Nice to see that there hasn't been a e-argument. Thanks to everyone for keeping this thread clean.
__________________
01 Bullitt
bullitt482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 03:33 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: Was wondering....

I believe in God and think that it is a good thing to be a Christain. I grew up Southern Baptist(No snake handling though) and my parents and sister are really strong in their faith, but I can't say that I'm personnally saved because sometimes I blame God when I get mad and stuff like that. Hopefully I will staighten myself out and become saved before I die because I don't want to go to Hell.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:18 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
ChickStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to ChickStang02
Re: Was wondering....

JRoc, I have much respect for you. It takes a strong person to say that, especially to a group of strangers. It's not only about being saved though, you have to except God in to your heart, believing that he is the holy father. But it's a good start, You'll get there. And believe it or not, God does not want you led to him, but for you to come on your own. And you've taken the first step.
__________________
Jayme
ChickStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Was wondering....

Do I believe in God? Yes, of course.

Do I believe in organized religions and other man made tales? No.

there is a difference between faith and religion. religion to me is manmade. faith is a personal belief. religion has always fascinated me a bit and i researched a few of the major ones just out of personal interest. i think stories about the garden of eden, noah, plagues, etc are so unbelievably farfetched and impossible that to me personally they are just as crazy as the stories of scientology's alien souls are attached to our own that give us emotions. also, the fact that there are literally dozens of different religions out there that all have different gods, stories, beliefs, etc... to me, its a lot of evidence of being manmade.

HOWEVER, the fact that i believe in a god has nothing to do with any religion even though it may lean more towards the roman catholic religion with a bit of taoism. to me god exists.. did he create the world in seven days? no. but including the big bang (which did exist) maybe god in some form had something to do with that... essentially whatever caused the big bang WAS our creator. i dont believe god is a humanoid person. i dont think he appears to people. i dont think he talks to people. i dont think he is a thinking, alive entity. i dont think god judges us. i believe we judge ourselves. heaven exists but its not a place. its not a kingdom with gravity, housing, and humanoid creatures walking around. i believe its more of a state of mind. an eternal echo of your lifetime's good/bad. so what is god to me? god is more like a river of energy that exists in this world.. maybe the entire universe. here is something to think about... if the big bang was a ****LOAD of energy and no energy is created nor destroyed. then all the energy in the entire universe... every person, cat, dog, sun, moon, thunderstorm is from that original energy. that to me, might be god.

and heres a small story about myself about the technicalities of manmade religion. im a good person. ive never had any serious sins. ive lied a few times and whatnot.. who hasnt.. but for the most part i haven't done anything seriously "bad." i give up my seats for women and old people, volunteer at old folk's homes, raise money for kids with cancer, etc. now, i dont go to church and don't believe in the christian teachings... so if i die does that mean i go to hell? then compare me to a perosn i know that DOES go to church and is a strict christian but commits adultery, is the most narccisistic person i know, and is probably guilty of guilty of all the 7 deadly sins. tricky huh? if a god was wise enough to create this world, i think he would be wise enough to seperate those who are honestly "good" from those who are "bad."
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
bluemustang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,192
Re: Was wondering....

I believe theres a higher being, I guess you can say I believe in a "god"

I havent been to church in ages since I got confirmed only reason why I did it cause my rents forced me. I have alot of issues and asked questions that priest couldnt answer me. And if a priest cant even present a case or reasoning towards my questions how can that religion be for real. I wont get into cause I respect what believe in.

I feel that if stick to what I do in my life not do wrong and continue being a good person and doing good things that whenever judgement day comes for me that I will go somewhere good whether or not heaven and hell is for real.

Personally i like buddist thinkings and theories. Totally about the whole karma thing and how our spirit has been something else before whether it be another human or animal. I believe our spirit lives on else where.

But yep thats what this guy right believes in.
__________________
1989 5.0 - Mustang Brandy the NOW It can Barely Idle B**ch
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/2019/3437/42512.jpg
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0 - Yeah Its Gotta Baby Dick Lift
bluemustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
ChickStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to ChickStang02
Re: Was wondering....

"if you deny him he will deny you"
__________________
Jayme
ChickStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:41 AM   #30
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Was wondering....

"If you build it, they will come"
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:11 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Was wondering....

Alright, here we go. I've been debating on whether or not to post this for a while. I'm really not trying to start any trouble.... yet I'm sure it will anyway.

Either way, here's how I see it:

Religion is outdated and needs to be ended immediately. Religion is death. How many deaths has Islam caused? How many deaths has Christianity caused?

I don't believe in "God". "God" is a being created for those who do not know any better. Those who need a leader. Those who need morals and rules laid out for them. Those who are born to follow.

Here's what I believe: We are all matter and energy. Every one of us. Nothing more and nothing less. One day, we will all die. When we do, energy will be released into this universe. Our conciousness is nothing but the sum of our sensory inputs. When we die, energy is released. Matter is returned to the Earth from which it came.

Christianity (and any other religion) is nothing but the attempt to control that which is unable to control itself. The weak. The gullible. The helpless.

Here's a thought: Christianity is built to cater those who do not dare think for themselves. Christians say they respect the beliefs of others, but in the end... what do they think? Anyone who does not believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Saviour is going to burn in eternal hell. Judgement at its finest.

I don't believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of some "God". I believe that Jesus Christ is a teacher who taught many lessons that are applicable in all our lives. I do not believe that this individual has any influence whatsoever in which direction my "soul" shall head.

"Faith" is the perfect requirement. "Faith" is control. "Faith" is the ability to warp and mend your mind to whatever they wish. However, have you ever really questioned it? If not, how can you say you have "faith"? Faith without questioning is mindless following. Might as well join a cult. If you have never questioned "God's" existence, you do not know faith.

Who is this "God" anyway? He sounds like the perfect method of control to me. "You've gotta be baptized in my name or else you will face eternal damnation." Oh... my bad. I thought living a life in which I tried to better the existence of my fellow man would be enough. I didn't realize I had to "believe " in something which made absolutely no logical sense. Let me get right on that.

I don't believe in God. Why? Because I am God. You are God. We are all from the same matter. From the same energy. One day we will die and once again become part of the ebb and flow.

You really think there is some existence where we will all live in the clouds and sing songs about Jesus Christ?

I hope not. I hope that one day we will realize that we are all the same being. That we all came from the same existence. In the beginning there was indeed "one". But that "one" was not some super-human deity. That "one" was some collaboration of energy and mass that for some reason spread itself across millions and thousands of light years of space and time.

So basically, get over yourself. Get over your beliefs. Realize that we are all here for a limited time to do what we can to reconnect that which has been disconnected. Pull out that squegee and clean off that so-called "third eye". Realize that there is more to life and existence than what the Southern Baptists, Muslims and even Buddhists tell you. For once in your "God" damned lives, think for your "God" damned self. Educate yourself. Stop thinking about what "God" tells you to think. Take some legal or illegal drugs along the way. Learn to kill sensory input and instead focus on what is really in your mind.

In all honesty, I feel sorry for Christians. I was raised a Christian. Sometimes I wish the stories were true. Life would be a lot easier if they were. Instead, I have to face the harsh reality that eventually what I know as existence will come to an end. I will become something entirely different. But you know... that's ok. After all: I'm just a part of a much grander scheme. We are all eternal. Even if my consciousness does not continue on past what we know as "death", I will still be a part of this world. I am eternal. And so are you. Everyone and everything is.

So, do what you can to make this universe a better place. Die and be happy with it. Stop looking for more. You aren't that important. Get over yourself. Have I said that already?
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:15 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: Was wondering....

I beloivee 0% in the bible.. .seriousiouly so many misconcetipostions repreented in the bible. however, I do not belive in the bible. the bible is so full of crap. but I do believe in god
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 04:34 AM   #33
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
Alright, here we go. I've been debating on whether or not to post this for a while. I'm really not trying to start any trouble.... yet I'm sure it will anyway.

Either way, here's how I see it:

Religion is outdated and needs to be ended immediately. Religion is death. How many deaths has Islam caused? How many deaths has Christianity caused?

I don't believe in "God". "God" is a being created for those who do not know any better. Those who need a leader. Those who need morals and rules laid out for them. Those who are born to follow.

Here's what I believe: We are all matter and energy. Every one of us. Nothing more and nothing less. One day, we will all die. When we do, energy will be released into this universe. Our conciousness is nothing but the sum of our sensory inputs. When we die, energy is released. Matter is returned to the Earth from which it came.

Christianity (and any other religion) is nothing but the attempt to control that which is unable to control itself. The weak. The gullible. The helpless.

Here's a thought: Christianity is built to cater those who do not dare think for themselves. Christians say they respect the beliefs of others, but in the end... what do they think? Anyone who does not believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Saviour is going to burn in eternal hell. Judgement at its finest.

I don't believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of some "God". I believe that Jesus Christ is a teacher who taught many lessons that are applicable in all our lives. I do not believe that this individual has any influence whatsoever in which direction my "soul" shall head.

"Faith" is the perfect requirement. "Faith" is control. "Faith" is the ability to warp and mend your mind to whatever they wish. However, have you ever really questioned it? If not, how can you say you have "faith"? Faith without questioning is mindless following. Might as well join a cult. If you have never questioned "God's" existence, you do not know faith.

Who is this "God" anyway? He sounds like the perfect method of control to me. "You've gotta be baptized in my name or else you will face eternal damnation." Oh... my bad. I thought living a life in which I tried to better the existence of my fellow man would be enough. I didn't realize I had to "believe " in something which made absolutely no logical sense. Let me get right on that.

I don't believe in God. Why? Because I am God. You are God. We are all from the same matter. From the same energy. One day we will die and once again become part of the ebb and flow.

You really think there is some existence where we will all live in the clouds and sing songs about Jesus Christ?

I hope not. I hope that one day we will realize that we are all the same being. That we all came from the same existence. In the beginning there was indeed "one". But that "one" was not some super-human deity. That "one" was some collaboration of energy and mass that for some reason spread itself across millions and thousands of light years of space and time.

So basically, get over yourself. Get over your beliefs. Realize that we are all here for a limited time to do what we can to reconnect that which has been disconnected. Pull out that squegee and clean off that so-called "third eye". Realize that there is more to life and existence than what the Southern Baptists, Muslims and even Buddhists tell you. For once in your "God" damned lives, think for your "God" damned self. Educate yourself. Stop thinking about what "God" tells you to think. Take some legal or illegal drugs along the way. Learn to kill sensory input and instead focus on what is really in your mind.

In all honesty, I feel sorry for Christians. I was raised a Christian. Sometimes I wish the stories were true. Life would be a lot easier if they were. Instead, I have to face the harsh reality that eventually what I know as existence will come to an end. I will become something entirely different. But you know... that's ok. After all: I'm just a part of a much grander scheme. We are all eternal. Even if my consciousness does not continue on past what we know as "death", I will still be a part of this world. I am eternal. And so are you. Everyone and everything is.

So, do what you can to make this universe a better place. Die and be happy with it. Stop looking for more. You aren't that important. Get over yourself. Have I said that already?
:beer:
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:50 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
MonteCitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: California
Posts: 2,506
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: Was wondering....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
I beloivee 0% in the bible.. .
however, I do not belive in the bible. the bible is so full of crap.
seriousiouly so many misconcetipostions repreented in the bible.
but I do believe in god

Stop with the booze man, your brain cells are dwindling away
__________________
2012 IS F Blue IS F Sport
2006 Mustang V6 wannabe
MonteCitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:02 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
ChickStang02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Region: Ohio
Posts: 23
Send a message via Yahoo to ChickStang02
Re: Was wondering....

To hell w/you then bbunt, literallly. I feel sorry for you. It's rather sad. Whether you believe in God or not, he believes in you. And will until you dying day. Hoping that you will turn to him, hoping that you will believe, so you can be saved and be w/those before and those that are to come that you love so much.*shrugs* to each their own I guess, but you say "get over yourself, what makes you so important?" At least I think everyone has a right to their belief, whether I think it's ridiculous or not. You and your random spouting and finger pointing with nothing whatsoever to back it up, trying to put your drug induced idea's above everyone else's, well you......sound moronic. Do I want you to be saved, do I want you to join me and millions others in the hereafter? Yes, everyone has something to offer, and I'm sure your a wonderful person when you stop judging, and could bring much to the table. Am I going to be heart broke if you burn in hell? Nope, because you had a choice, we all do, and you made the wrong one.
__________________
Jayme
ChickStang02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just wondering sikkstang 1979-1995 Mustang GT 4 04-25-2009 11:42 AM
just wondering upton7 1996-2004 Mustang GT 9 03-25-2009 11:58 PM
Just Wondering.... bluemustang The Bar 4 10-13-2006 12:40 PM
I was wondering... n8r The Bar 26 09-30-2004 10:19 AM

» Members Mustangs

P5150

bodysbyboyd

150

dimo
Add your Mustang
» Like Us On Facebook



05:43 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.